Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine  |
Dr. David Johnston, DO
Dr. David Johnston completed his training at the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine on Long Island where he received an undergraduate teaching fellowship in Osteopathic Principles. After a year long medical Internship at Good Samaritan Hospital, he continued his residency training at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx. This unique two-year training taught him how to apply hands-on Osteopathic treatment to a diverse population of hospitalized and clinic patients ranging from newborns to seniors.Dr David Johnston is fully Board Certified in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, and holds special certification in Cranial Osteopathy. He is also a founding Diplomate of the American Board of Holistic Medicine.

158 Danbury Rd Ste 8

Ridgefield, CT 06877

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Johnston

Dr. Johnston's Experience

Dr. Johnston's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice/OMT
  • Sanctions found

This content was provided by Dr. Johnston "By spending an average of forty-five minutes with each patient, Dr. Johnston is able to listen to each person's story and give them the full attention they deserve with his healing touch. His own unique healing journey allows him to be intuitively present with each client during treatment."

• Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine

• Sports-Related Concussion
  • Torticollis
  • Upper Back Pain

• Cranial Osteopathy
  • Cranial Release Technique (CRT)
  • Craniosacral Therapy (CST)
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Felony conviction relating to health care fraud (7/8/2016)
    Action Taken: Surrender
    State: New York
  • Disciplinary action in another state (4/25/2016)
    Action Taken: Suspension
    State: New York
  • Conviction relating to fraud (3/15/2016)
    Action Taken: Probation

• Good Samaratin Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • St Barnabas Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Johnston has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Johnston has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnston does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnston and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnston's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnston to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Johnston's Performance
Norwalk, CT |
Over the last 25 years, following a traumatic brain injury, I've been treated by several osteopaths for the chronic residuals of that event. Dr Johnston was able to make a huge improvement in my cognitive capability in the first visit, and has made more improvements in other areas with subsequent visits. It's rare to find a doctor with the depth of connection that Dr Johnston manages... and his manipulation skills are top-notch. One could not do better than to enlist his care and treatment.
Shelton, CT |
I've had osteopathic manipulative treatments for years with many different providers in the area. He is the best osteopath I have found! He spends about 45 minutes to an hour with you at each visit. He is highly skilled and has a whole body approach. He is great at relieving sinus pressure, headaches, back pain, neck pain, and stress. I always leave his office feeling great! I highly recommend him.
in Ridgefield, CT |
I am a father of 4 and work 2 jobs as an Occupational Therapist with the typical stress in my busy life that I am sure everyone can relate to. When I walked into the Holistic practice of Dr. David's Osteopathic Wellness Center, my heart rate and breathing slowed down with the peaceful atmosphere his office creates. I was seen for a few treatments that helped me to feel centered, grounded, and at peace to face the busy and hectic world around us. I highly recommend his hands on treatment approach
in New Milford Ct |
I didn't know what to expect the 1st time I went but after the first time I look forward to going every time he a fantastic Doctor and has magic in his hands
in Croton-on-Hudson, NY |
Our daughter was treated after she was 14 hours old, on our way home from the birth center! Dr. Johnston has treated her on and off for general well-being as well as for occasional growing pains (she is now 12). I know that her general health and immune systems have been strengthened because of his work with her. We are grateful for his knowledge and generosity of spirit, and for his wonderful treatments.
in Croton on Hudson, ny |
13 years ago I was in a tremendous amount of back pain while pregnant. Nothing was able to alleviate that pain. It was recommended that I see Dr. Johnston. I had no idea what osteopathy was nor how my life would transform. He is a gifted doctor who has successfully treated my entire family through the years. I highly recommend Dr. Dave!
Thank you, Susan for the positive review. Research on patients with lower back pain shows that with osteopathic treatment, people recover much faster and with less pain medication. Osteopathy is a gentle and effective hands-on technique aligning vertebrae, disks and ligaments of the spine, allowing the body to heal itself.
in Ridgefield, CT |
We sought Dr Johnston's help after my son suffered a serious concussion at the age of 10. He was instrumental in quelling his daily headaches that were keeping him awake at night and preventing him from healing. He also treats me for chronic neck, back & leg pain stemming from surgery, and treats my daughter and husband for stress, and general wellbeing. Dr J has a gifted touch of a talented osteopath, a skill that cannot be duplicated by other kinds of practitioners. We all highly recommend him
in Ridgefield, CT |
My headaches are gone! Dr. Johnston's gentle touch and skills of cranial osteopathy helped me when so many other practitioners could not.
Thank you for the positive review, DCJ. Using cranial osteopathy techniques I can gently free up restrictions in the movement of cranial bones and associated soft tissues and to stimulate the flow of the cerebrospinal fluid and reduce inflammation. Happy to hear that your headaches went away.
in North Salem, NY |
Dr. J was part of my team of caregivers following a serious car accident. He has a very special gift...healing hands and a kind, compassionate manner. Do not hesitate to allow him to care for you.
Thanks for the positive review and for helping to spread the word on osteopathy, Janet. I'm glad you found me when you did -- it is important to diagnose and treat accidents and injuries in a timely manner. Osteopathic treatment is a gentle, hands-on approach to releasing the trauma and stress from automobile accidents, while maximizing the body's ability to recover and heal.
in Newtown |
Dr. Johnston has helped me tremendously and with headaches and migraines. I highly recommend his services. He is a rare combination of doctor with extensive medical knowledge and a caring practioner.
Thanks for the positive review, Lauren. People often do not realize that there is a natural, drug-free alternative to pain relief. Hands-on osteopathic treatment is gentle and effective in healing concussions, headaches, sports injuries and general stress.
Have you seen Dr. David Johnston, DO?

Visit Dr. Johnston