Dr. David F. Jimenez, MD

Dr. David F. Jimenez, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 63 years old

29 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

I believe that as healers and physicians, we should treat every patient as if they were part of our own family. Treat them as if we were being treated ourselves. Provide the care, compassion and treatment that one would expect for oneself.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Jimenez's Experience

See how Dr. Jimenez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jimenez

Dr. Jimenez accepts 15 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Jimenez has admitting privileges.

Dr. Jimenez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jimenez to family and friends
Dr. Jimenez's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
I am a 22 year old challenged with Von Hippel Lindau syndrome. I had an unexpected tumor and cyst invade my head with crazy severe headaches at age 16. Dr. Jimenez was my mom's trusted neurosurgeon. I went to him without question. Dr. Jimenez gave me confidence and comfort that he knew what he was dealing with inside my head. My surgery and follow ups were and have been successful since then up to the present. I was blessed at the right time and the right place with the right man and his team.
in San Antonio, TX |
All GLORY BE TO GOD for all the wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and revelation He has given Dr. David Jimenez to be fully equipped to serve all his patients. From the beginning of your appointment setup to follow through with the needs and wants of every individual patient's health challenge. My son and I have both been challenged in our lives with VHL syndrome. We have both been blessed with Dr. Jimenez and his team in our neurosurgical needs. They've become part of our family!!!
in Victoria, tx |
Very thorogh, explains everything, kniwledgeable, wonderful. You don't leave without answers and help for your child. Love him and wish I found him sooner
in Farwell Tx |
Dr. Jimenez is my daughter and granddaughters Chiari doctor.He is very helpful and answers questions well. Very nice and explains were we can understand we drive 9 hours to see him . I feel he really cares for his patients. I feel very blessed we found him.
in San Antonio, Texas |
Dr. Jimenez saved my sons life! My son needed brain surgery to fenestrate a cyst on an inoperable brain tumor. Dr. Jimenez did an amazing job! Truly recommend Dr. Jimenez; in our humble opinion, he is the best Neurosurgeon in San Antonio.
in San Antonio,Tx |
Dr. David Jimenez is absolutely an amazing neurosurgeon!! I went to see Dr. Jimenez for a Chiari 1 Malformation. I had a successful decompression surgery in October 2015. Dr. Jimenez saved my life. If you have been diagnosed with a Chiari Malformation, he is the surgeon to see. He has a lot of knowledge on the condition and he actually listens to you. I saw a surgeon prior to going to Dr. Jimenez who ignored me. I can not express how thankful I am for this compassionate and wonderful surgeon!!
in San Antonio, TX |
I would highly recommend Dr. Jimenez, he diagnosed my son with metopic and performed the surgery perfectly.
in Orlando, Florida |
Absolutely wonderful, Dr.Jimenez & his staff did a great job with our daughter. He is amazing himself, very friendly and welcoming environment.
in San Antonio, Texas |
Dr. Jimenez is amazing! He was attentive to my needs and was available to answer my questions before and after surgery. I would recommend Dr. Jimenez and his team to anyone that is looking for a neurosurgeon.
in San antonio, texas |
What can i say. This man was very tenative to my son's medical and emotional needs and for the entire family as well. I am forever thankful for him and including his surrounding staff.
in Winchester. VA |
Dr. Jimenez and his team are the BEST. We are forever grateful for the comfort they provided me and my wife during what will surely turn out to be one of the hardest times of our lives. His level of patience and willingness to spend as much time as was needed to answer ALL of our questions is so hard to find with any medical professional today. His level of knowledge, continued research and support for his patients and parents is unparalleled.
in Georgetown , texas |
Dr. Jimenez is one of the most amazing men and doctors i have ever met. He has been a huge blessing to our family. My son had endoscopic saggittal surgery at 13 wks old. He is doing amazibg and has absolutely no issues 2 years out all thanks to dr. Jimenez and his incredible team.
in Nixon TX |
My mother was in the best of hands during her brain surgery!! If I could give him more then 5 starts I definitely would!
Have you seen Dr. David F. Jimenez, MD?
Are you Dr. Jimenez?

Compare Dr. Jimenez

Dr. Jimenez says...

Internationally recognized pediatric neurosurgery expert David F. Jimenez, M.D., serves as a professor of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Health Science Center at San Antonio. Prior managerial and academic appointments include 12 years of both neurosurgery director and tenured professorial positions at the University of Missouri-School of Medicine and University of Missouri Hospital and Clinics (Columbia). His areas of expertise in the surgery suite and research lab have always focused on both pediatric and general neurosurgery. Dr. Jimenez's list of medical honors and awards is quite extensive, reflecting his lifetime work as a thought leader, sought-after lecturer, well-funded researcher and prolific writer. He has presented abstracts, posters or lectures at well over 250 local, national and international meetings; contributed material to almost two dozen neurosurgical books, and published over 65 papers. Dr. Jimenez has appeared as a guest on local and national TV and radio programs, including the Discovery Health Channel (profiled as a "Super Surgeon") and ABC's Good Morning America. His life-changing neurosurgical pediatric practice has been profiled in numerous healthcare and general interest publications of local and national scope. In addition, he is a member and long-time leader in professional societies such as the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, and the American Clef Palate-Craniofacial Association. This dynamic physician received his B.A. in psychobiology and medical doctorate from Philadelphia's Temple University, which also provided valuable neurosurgery residency experience. St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (Philadelphia) and the Albert Einstein College of Medicine's Montefiore Medical Center provided further post-graduate neurosurgery training. Dr. Jimenez is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Board Certified as a neurological surgeon and pediatric neurosurgeon, he holds licensures in three states.

Dr. Jimenez's Care Philosophy

Dr. Jimenez says...

Board certified in adult and pediatric neurosurgery.

Specializes in minimally invasive procedures for brain, spine and peripheral nerve conditions.

Internationally recognized craniosynostosis expertise.

Carpal tunnel release expert - minimally invasive.

Pediatric and Adult Board Certified Neurosurgeon

Recognized as Top Doctor in San Antonio

Internationally recognized for expertise in minimally invasive procedures

Spine surgery

Brain surgery

Internationally recognized expert in craniosynostosis correction

Carpal Tunnel surgery - minimally invasive

Dr. Jimenez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Jimenez has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Jimenez's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Vascular Disease
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

Montefiore Hosp-Albert Einstein Coll Med

Completed in 1992

Temple University

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Jimenez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jimenez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Craniotomy
  • Craniotomy for Brain Tumor
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty