Dr. David Jensen, DO

Dr. David Jensen, DO

Family Medicine  ·
Dr. David Jensen, DO is a family medicine specialist in Surprise, AZ and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from Nova Se Univ Coll Of Osteo Med in 2006 and specializes in family medicine.Read his story

12361 W Bola Dr Ste 109

Surprise, AZ 85378

• American Republic
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Jensen

Dr. Jensen's Experience

Dr. Jensen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Jensen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jensen "Improving lives is my passion. My name is Dr. David Jensen and I am an Osteopath who is board certified in Family Medicine but refuse to stop there. My FP core has served as the starting point for my journey as a healer as I continually explore modalities that are outside of the box. I pride myself on looking for new ways and different angles to approach difficult health challenges. I have been 7 years post residency but come with a lot of experience in my relatively short tenure. I served as the Medical Director for TERROS for over 3 years helping that wonderful organization establish several primary care clinics and ultimately helping them to achieve a highly coveted Federally Qualified Healthcare (FQHC) designation. While with the organization my interest in behavioral medicine grew and I developed a knack for managing anxiety and depression as well as helping my patients to discontinue habit forming medications while still maintaining comfortable control of their lives. I am Suboxone certified and have developed a practice of helping individuals who are ready to leave their opiate addictions in a way that is possible and attainable. I also pride myself on aggressively treating tobacco addictions and maintain an extremely high quit rate among my once tobacco dependent patients. I have training in prolotherapy regenerative medicine and can help with a multitude of sports and life injuries in ways that can safely forestall surgery and provide for a more comfortable and active lifestyle. I don't just write for medications; I routinely test my patient's ability to metabolize medicine in order to help each patient receive a medication that they can safely and effectively utilize based on their individual genetics. I also work with my patients to minimize the number of medications that are necessary to lead a healthy life, frequently evaluating which medications can be safely reduced. I give my patients who desire to use fewer medications a plan to do so when possible. I believe in helping the body to do what it is designed to do through all natural means possible. I am also fluent in conversational Spanish and have participated in various humanitarian medical missions in South America with DOCARE International and Operation Smile. In my spare time I am an avid baseball fan and player, participating in a competitive wood bat league locally. I also enjoy tennis, wakeboarding, snowboarding, mountain biking, target shooting, and just about anything that makes you sweat. If you are ready to be treated better and treated with modalities that are not always typical then I am ready to be your doctor."

I have been 7 years post residency but come with a lot of experience in my relatively short tenure. I served as the Medical Director for TERROS for over 3 years helping that wonderful organization establish several primary care clinics and ultimately helping them to achieve a highly coveted Federally Qualified Healthcare (FQHC) designation. While with the organization my interest in behavioral medicine grew and I developed a knack for managing anxiety and depression as well as helping my patients to discontinue habit forming medications while still maintaining comfortable control of their lives."

• Family Practice

• Urinalysis
  • Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• BYU
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2002
  • Nova Se Univ Coll Of Osteo Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • Downey Regional Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Downey Regional Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Jensen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jensen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jensen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jensen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jensen to family and friends

Dr. Jensen's Performance

Dr. Jensen is friendly, personable, knowledgeable, and patient. Answers all questions and is very thorough. Great experience with this doctor and his staff.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
staff very friendly and helpful Dr. Jensen listens and advises based on what's best for patient
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option1
Dr. Jensen's multi-dimensional approach to health care has proven nothing less than a miracle in my quality of life and in the life of my family. He is extremely attentive and listens to the needs of his patients. I highly suggest Dr. Jensen to anyone that wants to be treated to improve their...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option4thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Jensen has been one of the most compassionate, honest and helpful doctors I have worked with. He takes the time to talk and has been so patient in answering my many questions. He helped me come off of opioids by going cold turkey. He has made himself available whenever I have needed motivation,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option5thumbs down icon option0