Dr. David Jayakar, MD

Dr. David Jayakar, MD

Cardiac Surgery | Male

LONGVIEW CARDIOLOGY CLINIC 709 Hollybrook Dr Ste 2301 Longview, TX 75605 Get Directions

We have entered a new age in heart surgery. We are proud of our long history of innovative techniques, our tradition of quality patient care and our unparalleled experience in heart bypass and valve surgery. Whether you are a patient, family member or medical professional, we want you to benefit from our knowledge and work. I hope that as you make your way through these pages, you'll learn everything you need to know to make an informed and rational healthcare decision with confidence.

Dr. Jayakar's Experience

See how Dr. Jayakar's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Jayakar

Dr. Jayakar accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Jayakar has admitting privileges.

Dr. Jayakar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jayakar to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Jayakar's Performance
in Avinger |
If you are looking for a Good Doctor , then just stop looking. You have arrived, Dr. Jayakar is your Dr. Your friends Dr. And eveyone in need of one at this time. On board with God and the team he stands with, your as safe as in Jesus hands His self. This man has an ability that only alows his work to be highlighted by the Hands of Jesus . you need to get to know them. Thank you for reading.... jo dominguez
in Longview, TX |
I can't express how much Dr. Jayakar and his team have meant to me through this aortic valve replacement surgery. To have the option of minimally invasive heart surgery in Longview was amazing. I knew when I first read about Dr. Jayakar, he was the best person to perform my surgery. He and his team always made me feel comfortable with everything and confident in their abilities. I thank God everyday for blessing me by putting Dr. Leatherman, Dr. Jayakar and his staff in my life.
Longview, TX |
Dr. DJ saved my life and was very professional as well as being friendly and comforting. I am truly blessed to have had him as my surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone w/heart trouble. He is wonderful!
Longview, TX |
Terrific professional heart surgeon!
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Jayakar performed my triple bypass surgery three years ago. He is a fantastic surgeon and person. My follow ups have been very pleasant and he answers all my questions. He is a very caring doctor.
Longview, TX |
Dr.D.J. is a wonderful surgeon. He is very busy yet he takes the time to talk to you and answer any questions you have. I was very fortune that I received Dr D.J. as my surgeon.
in Longview, TX |
Based on my experience, I would be glad to recommend Dr. J to anyone, especially those I care about. Would be glad to discuss with anyone, anytime
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Jayakar did my surgery over 4 years ago and I was so glad I was able to have it right here in Longview. Throughout all of my followup visits Dr. Jayakar and his staff have taken an interest in me and any concerns I might have are addressed with care. The wait time for several of my appointments has been greater than an hour due to emergency surgeries and I understand that, as I was once one of those surgeries, so I just bring something to occupy my time. I am grateful I was referred to Dr. J
in Longview, TX |
I count it a real privilege to know Dr. DJ. I feel he is a person of great skill, compassion and humility. I feel blessed that we have a surgeon of this caliber in East Texas. I would and do recommend Dr. Jayakar to any who might need heart surgery of any kind. Our family is extremely grateful for his involvement in extending my life. "GOD BLESS Dr. Jayakar"
in Longview, TX |
I was nervous about the procedure, but Dr. DJ was great and I will definitely recommend him!
Longview, TX |
I would recommend Dr.DJ to anyone in need of his medical specialty.
in Hallsville, Tx |
I had a leg blockage and Dr Jayakar knew exactly what needed to be done. I am feeling so much better. He is a very caring doctor and listens to the patient. I highly recommend him.
in Crete, NE |
Dr. Jayakar saved my life. When I found out for sure that I needed a third heart surgery (I had 2 surgeries as a child) on a Friday morning because of an aneurysm, Dr. Jayakar met with me that day at noon. His nurse called Monday to schedule the surgery for Wednesday. Just after he started the surgery my aneurysm burst and I coded. My surgery was extremely difficult, and Dr. Jayakar truly did an amazing job of repairing my aorta and saving my life!
in Queen City, TX |
I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Dr. Jayakar and his staff for the wonderful care and treatment I received during my recent surgery. Not only did he do an excellent job in my surgery, but the care and attention I received afterwards was just amazing. He has always taken his time to answer my questions to my satisfaction and never makes me feel as though he does not have time for me. I would not hesitate to recommend him to everyone needing heart surgery.
Have you seen Dr. David Jayakar, MD?
Are you Dr. Jayakar?

Compare Dr. Jayakar

}

Dr. Jayakar says...

Dr. Jayakar says...

We specialize on: Beating heart surgery or off-pump surgery (OPCABG), Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, Mitral valve surgery, Keyhole surgery, Coronary artery bypass surgery, Port access minimally invasive heart surgery, Aortic valve surgery, Mitral valve repair, Pacemakers, Heart Failure surgery, Heart reconstruction surgery, Vascular surgery, Thoracic surgery, Minimally invasive lung surgery, Esophageal surgery, TAVI, Endo AAA, and Fistulas.

Dr. Jayakar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiac Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery and Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery

Dr. Jayakar has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Jayakar's Board Certifications

• Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Empyema
  • Endocarditis
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

Completed in 1997

University Med Center

Completed in 1999

• Tamil

Dr. Jayakar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jayakar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiac Surgery
  • Thoracic Surgery
  • Vascular Surgery

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Aortic Repair, Open or Repair of Arterial Aneurysm, Open
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Heart Defect Repair
  • Heart Surgery
  • Impella Device
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Lobectomy, Open
  • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
  • Thromboendarterectomy or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure