Cardiac Surgery  |
Dr. David Jayakar, MD
We have entered a new age in heart surgery. We are proud of our long history of innovative techniques, our tradition of quality patient care and our unparalleled experience in heart bypass and valve surgery. Whether you are a patient, family member or medical professional, we want you to benefit from our knowledge and work. I hope that as you make your way through these pages, you'll learn everything you need to know to make an informed and rational healthcare decision with confidence.

LONGVIEW CARDIOLOGY CLINIC

709 Hollybrook Dr Ste 2301

Longview, TX 75605

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Jayakar

Dr. Jayakar's Experience

Dr. Jayakar's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cardiac Surgery

• Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Empyema
  • Endocarditis
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Thrombosis

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Aortic Repair, Open or Repair of Arterial Aneurysm, Open
  • Aortic Valve Surgery
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Carotid Endarterectomy (CEA) or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Heart Defect Repair
  • Heart Surgery
  • Impella Device
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Lobectomy, Open
  • Thoracoscopic Wedge Resection
  • Thromboendarterectomy or Excision of Infected Graft
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure

• SUNY
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • University Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Jayakar has no media or publications listed.

• Tamil

Dr. Jayakar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jayakar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jayakar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Jayakar to family and friends
Dr. Jayakar's Performance
in Longview, TX |
Dr J won me over first time I met him. Very kind Christian man. He explained everything about my valve replacement that I had concerns about. I was very afraid to have the surgery that I needed until I talked to Dr. J. When I left his office I had no hesitation as to the surgery and had complete faith in Dr. J. I have nothing but good things to say about him. Thank you Dr. Jayakar.
Great MD
in Longview, TX |
Dr, Jayakar is a caring gifted surgeon. As his patient I can say that anyone who is in need of his services is in good hands. Dr. Jayakar is very focused on his patients well being. His nurses and staff are wonderful, happy and a joy to the patient and family members, they complete his practice. I am truly blessed , thanks to Dr. Jayakar with guiding hands from above.
in Longview, TX |
Absolute best doctor!!!! Love him!!!!
Longview, TX |
My experience with the bypass surgery is better than I had expected. My recovery has been swift and without complications. I have always been active and have a tendency to "bounce back quickly" after other serious surgeries. the credit goes to Dr Jayakar for his expertise.
in Longview, TX |
I was very pleased with Dr. Jayakar, and have friends that share the same feelings. A very talented Christian surgeon. We are fortunate to have him in Longview, TX.
in Longview, TX |
Thank you Dr. D.J. for getting my strength back with your beating Hart operation was cutting the grass ,cleaning the garage ,getting in my wife's way in just four month's now I'm not all healed yet but I'm getting stronger every day. May God bless you and the gift of healing He has put in your hands. I consider you a friend for life thank you for everything you did for me.Your Friend Glen J. Sills
in Longview, TX |
I was blessed to have Dr. Jayakar perform my heart triple by-pass using the beating heart technique. Prior to my incident where I was resuscitated using CPR, I had heard of Dr. Jayakar and knew of his procedure. I knew I wanted him and his team to perform my by-pass. Within two weeks of having surgery, I returned to my normal activity with a few limitations. Today, my life has returned to full scale. I feel very blessed and I am very thankful to Dr. Jayakar and his staff.
Longview, TX |
Best surgeon in Texas for sure!
in Longview, TX |
Dr J is the best. Longview and East Texas are fortunate to have him!
Longview, TX |
My husband was Dr. DJ's patient and we had an excellent experience with the entire surgery process. His staff is wonderful! Surgery is always a scary time. Dr. DJ and all of his staff were so kind to us and put us at ease. While my husband was in surgery, they called me from the OR about every hour to let me know how things were going. That was very comforting, when you are sitting in the waiting room not knowing how things are going. Dr. DJ saved my husband's life!
in Longview, TX |
I met Dr Jayakar when my cardiologist referred me for an aortic valve replacement. During the journey to actually get to the procedure my wife and I became very familiar with the medical facility. Every staff person we met was always courteous and caring. The facilities were all very clean. I would very highly recommend Dr Jayakar if you ever need any heart procedures. I have had a very successful recovery . I feel blessed to have met Dr Jayakar.
in Longview, TX |
The absolutely amazing work of Dr. Jayakar and his staff cannot be overstated. They literally fought for my life with as much resolve and determination as I did myself. My life today is a testament to the tenacity, teamwork, skill and compassion of each one involved. I will never be able to thank them enough. God bless Dr. DJ and his entire staff!
in Longview, TX |
Overall very good service. I just wished I had been told that the valve would still have a small leak before I was discharged after surgery instead of during my followup visit three months later.
Longview, TX |
Dr. Jayakar is one of the most skilled and caring surgeons in America! He is absolutely great! I believe God has given him exceptional skill and guides his hands during surgery. After having two surgeries preformed by Dr. Jayakar I have absolutely total confidence in him and would have absolutely no trepidations, worries or fear if I ever needed additional surgery. Thank you for your time.
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Jayakar is a brilliant doctor! He performed an aortic valve replacement surgery for me and I did fantastic. It was amazing how quickly I healed. I would highly recommend him to everyone. He is a Christian and gives God all the glory for his great accomplishments. I cannot praise his abilities or his great personality enough! I would recommend him to everyone without hesitation.
in Longview, TX |
Based on my experience, I would be glad to recommend Dr. J to anyone, especially those I care about. Would be glad to discuss with anyone, anytime
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Jayakar performed my triple bypass surgery three years ago. He is a fantastic surgeon and person. My follow ups have been very pleasant and he answers all my questions. He is a very caring doctor.
Longview, TX |
He is a wonderful Doctor. Also he is an asset to DCOL. So thankful he is my doctor.
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Jayakar did my surgery over 4 years ago and I was so glad I was able to have it right here in Longview. Throughout all of my followup visits Dr. Jayakar and his staff have taken an interest in me and any concerns I might have are addressed with care. The wait time for several of my appointments has been greater than an hour due to emergency surgeries and I understand that, as I was once one of those surgeries, so I just bring something to occupy my time. I am grateful I was referred to Dr. J
in Longview, TX |
I was nervous about the procedure, but Dr. DJ was great and I will definitely recommend him!
Longview, TX |
I would recommend Dr.DJ to anyone in need of his medical specialty.
in Longview, TX |
Dr. Jayakar was very attentive when I was in the hospital. He came by 2 or 3 times every day to check on me. I felt like I got great care. My husband appreciated the time he spent with him on the day of my surgery explaining to him how my surgery went and answering all his questions. He sat down with him and was not rushed.
in Avinger |
If you are looking for a Good Doctor , then just stop looking. You have arrived, Dr. Jayakar is your Dr. Your friends Dr. And eveyone in need of one at this time. On board with God and the team he stands with, your as safe as in Jesus hands His self. This man has an ability that only alows his work to be highlighted by the Hands of Jesus . you need to get to know them. Thank you for reading.... jo dominguez
in Longview, TX |
I can't express how much Dr. Jayakar and his team have meant to me through this aortic valve replacement surgery. To have the option of minimally invasive heart surgery in Longview was amazing. I knew when I first read about Dr. Jayakar, he was the best person to perform my surgery. He and his team always made me feel comfortable with everything and confident in their abilities. I thank God everyday for blessing me by putting Dr. Leatherman, Dr. Jayakar and his staff in my life.
Longview, TX |
Dr. DJ saved my life and was very professional as well as being friendly and comforting. I am truly blessed to have had him as my surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone w/heart trouble. He is wonderful!
Longview, TX |
Dr.D.J. is a wonderful surgeon. He is very busy yet he takes the time to talk to you and answer any questions you have. I was very fortune that I received Dr D.J. as my surgeon.
in Longview, TX |
I count it a real privilege to know Dr. DJ. I feel he is a person of great skill, compassion and humility. I feel blessed that we have a surgeon of this caliber in East Texas. I would and do recommend Dr. Jayakar to any who might need heart surgery of any kind. Our family is extremely grateful for his involvement in extending my life. "GOD BLESS Dr. Jayakar"
in Hallsville, Tx |
I had a leg blockage and Dr Jayakar knew exactly what needed to be done. I am feeling so much better. He is a very caring doctor and listens to the patient. I highly recommend him.
in Crete, NE |
Dr. Jayakar saved my life. When I found out for sure that I needed a third heart surgery (I had 2 surgeries as a child) on a Friday morning because of an aneurysm, Dr. Jayakar met with me that day at noon. His nurse called Monday to schedule the surgery for Wednesday. Just after he started the surgery my aneurysm burst and I coded. My surgery was extremely difficult, and Dr. Jayakar truly did an amazing job of repairing my aorta and saving my life!
in Queen City, TX |
I cannot begin to express my gratitude to Dr. Jayakar and his staff for the wonderful care and treatment I received during my recent surgery. Not only did he do an excellent job in my surgery, but the care and attention I received afterwards was just amazing. He has always taken his time to answer my questions to my satisfaction and never makes me feel as though he does not have time for me. I would not hesitate to recommend him to everyone needing heart surgery.
Have you seen Dr. David Jayakar, MD?
Are you Dr. Jayakar?