Dr. David L. Irvine, MD

Dr. David L. Irvine, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 66 years old

Citrus Primary Care
Women's Health Excellence Award

Dr. Irvine is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Irvine's Experience

87Experience
Match

See how Dr. Irvine's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Irvine

Dr. Irvine accepts 18 insurance carriers

18 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida, Inc.
  • Fortified Provider Network
  • Global Excel Insurance
  • Heritage Summit HealthCare
  • Magellan Health Services
  • Prime Health Services
  • Simply Healthcare Plans

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Irvine has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Irvine

Dr. Irvine's Review Details
3.7 based on 16 responses
Experience with Dr. Irvine
Dr. Irvine's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (13)
Dr. Irvine says

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion in this survey. This feedback is important to us and we use it to continually improve the service we provide.

A note about our wait times...I like to say, I'm not a 'drive-thru' physician and what I mean is that I take the time to really listen to each patient and address his or her needs fully. We respect our patients' time, and make every effort to stay on schedule, however, addressing patient needs will sometimes take longer than we expect. If we do get behind, we communicate about the delay with patients waiting. We ask our patients to remember that we will give their needs the same care and attention soon.

in Crystal River |
Dr.Irvine is very Professional and listens to his patients thoroughly before giving a diagnose not to mention he takes the time to explain all concerns and recommendations
Have you seen Dr. Irvine?

Dr. Irvine says..

Since both of my parents are diabetics, I've always had an interest in treating and preventing the disease. Through early diagnosis, patient education on diet and exercise and proper medical management, I prevent the development or progression of the disease. I often find myself taking care of patients that other physicians have been unable to help in managing this disease.

I have a special interest in wellness, and used to run a wellness and weight loss center in the past. I use this experience to help my patients achieve and maintain optimal wellness.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination
  • Wound Care and Management

Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine

Graduated in 1976

Anderson Family Practice MUSC

Completed in 1979

Virginia Polytechnic Institute

Graduated in 1972

Dr. Irvine has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Irvine has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Irvine does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Irvine and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Irvine's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Family Medicine
  • No board certification on record with Healthgrades
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Irvine

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Irvine's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Irvine

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Irvine's Care Philosophy

I believe in treating patients the way that I would like to be treated. I listen carefully to my patients, which allows me to be a very accurate in diagnosing and treating them. That includes taking a good medical history and doing a thorough physical exam, and ordering appropriate tests. I emphasize preventative care with my patients, and take time to educate them on how they can improve and maintain their health.

Dr. Irvine says...