Dr. David L. Irvine, MD

Dr. David L. Irvine, MD

Family Medicine | Male | 66 years old

I believe in treating patients the way that I would like to be treated. I listen carefully to my patients, which allows me to be a very accurate in diagnosing and treating them. That includes taking a good medical history and doing a thorough physical exam, and ordering appropriate tests. I emphasize preventative care with my patients, and take time to educate them on how they can improve and maintain their health. I like to say, I'm not a 'drive-thru' physician and what I mean is that I take the time to really listen to each patient and address his or her needs fully. We respect our patients' time, and make every effort to stay on schedule, however, addressing patient needs will sometimes take longer than we expect. If we do get behind, we communicate about the delay with patients waiting. We ask our patients to remember that we will give their needs the same care and attention soon.Read more

Citrus Primary Care
700 SE 5th Ter Ste 7
Crystal River, FL 34429 Get Directions

Dr. Irvine's Experience

See how Dr. Irvine's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Irvine

Dr. Irvine accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Irvine has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Irvine
Dr. Irvine's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (13)
Dr. Irvine Says:

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion in this survey. This feedback is important to us and we use it to continually improve the service we provide.

Norwich, NY |
DR Irvine is a great compassionate man ,been using him for years,so sorry to see him retire he also had a wonderful staff but I wish him many years of happiness in his retirement God Bless C.k.
in Crystal River |
Dr.Irvine is very Professional and listens to his patients thoroughly before giving a diagnose not to mention he takes the time to explain all concerns and recommendations
Have you seen Dr. David L. Irvine, MD?
Are you Dr. Irvine?

Dr. Irvine's Care Philosophy

Dr. Irvine says...

Since both of my parents are diabetics, I've always had an interest in treating and preventing the disease. Through early diagnosis, patient education on diet and exercise and proper medical management, I prevent the development or progression of the disease. I often find myself taking care of patients that other physicians have been unable to help in managing this disease.

I have a special interest in wellness, and used to run a wellness and weight loss center in the past. I use this experience to help my patients achieve and maintain optimal wellness.

Dr. Irvine says...

A note about our wait times...I like to say, I'm not a 'drive-thru' physician and what I mean is that I take the time to really listen to each patient and address his or her needs fully. We respect our patients' time, and make every effort to stay on schedule, however, addressing patient needs will sometimes take longer than we expect. If we do get behind, we communicate about the delay with patients waiting. We ask our patients to remember that we will give their needs the same care and attention soon.

Dr. Irvine's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depression
  • Emphysema
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)

Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine

Graduated in 1976

Anderson Family Practice MUSC

Completed in 1979

Virginia Polytechnic Institute

Graduated in 1972

Dr. Irvine does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Irvine and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage