Dr. David Irizarry, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Male

Dr. David Irizarry, MD
Dr. David Irizarry, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Loxahatchee, FL. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 7 years.

Dr. Irizarry's Care Philosophy

I diagnose and manage all general aspects of endocrine diseases. However I have additional training in the assessment of thyroid nodules, as well as the diagnosis and management of most thyroid cancers. My general philosophy to patient care focuses on that of teamwork. I strongly feel that the gradual education of individuals during visits, leads to a better understanding of their diseases, and inevitably to healthier and happier individuals.

Dr. Irizarry's Experience

See how Dr. Irizarry's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Irizarry

Dr. Irizarry's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Irizarry to family and friends
Dr. Irizarry's Performance
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Irizarry is the kindest, most thorough & BEST endocrinologist or doctor I have ever been to, and I've seen quite a few! First he listens to everything you have to say, then he explains everything completely. He also looks for every angle... for example, he ran quite a few test to make sure I was on the proper dose of a medication, at the same time , he was testing to see if I really still needed it at all! This is very refreshing bc my last endo just slapped on an extra dose w/ no reason!
Pawtucket, RI |
Best endocrinologist I have ever met. I wish I did not have to move North! Now i have to find someone else - what are the odds to find another doctor like Dr. David.
in Lake Worth, FL |
One of a kind Doctor very down to earth, caring, personable, and professional. He took the time to explain everything to me and even thinks outside the box to see if it's not endocrinology related. Thank you for being kind and very informative. You're truly one of God's blessings. God bless you!!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Writing this on behalf of my better half, for a very long time she has been suffering the symptoms of ill health, and has sought council of more than a few doctors. The symptoms were all there, as were the diagnostic values or numbers, Dr. David was able to put it all together in a clear and concise diagnosis, with as it turned out, a procedure to aleviate the long time feelings of ill health. My thanks to him and the staff, well done.
in Jupiter, FL |
I am a nurse care manager, my client was referred to Dr Irizarry for complex diabetic issues. He is thorough, kind, approachable and an expert. I would recommend him highly to any diabetic, frustrated with their current AiC and med regimen. Susie Farris RN BSN
in West Palm Beach |
Doctors are generally overbooked and hurried; as a result the do not have the time to get to know their patients. Irizarry is unique, in that he takes time to really "listen". He is so compassionate, caring, and knowledgeable. He never stops trying to solve a potential problem.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Irizarry is a kind and caring physician and I would highly recommend him! I have searched for many years to find an endocrinologist who could get my thyroid condition under control. Dr. Irizarry is the first doctor who has taken the time to get my medications balanced and I finally feel better! Thank you, Dr. Irizarry!!
in Greenacres, Florida |
Dr. Irizarry is an amazing doctor and human being. I've been seeing him for a little over a year now. He takes personal interest in my care and will call after hours to discuss treatment options and any other concerns. He has managed my thyroid really well even during pregnancy. i cant say enough good things about him. His nurse Danielle is AMAZING!!!! I would recommend him highly
in Parkland, fl |
I was beyond impressed with my experience with DR Irizarry. He is hands-down one of the best Dr's I have seen and highly recommend him. After 2 years of sufferering from fatigue, insensitivity to cold, eczema & weight gain and being told it was just part of the normal aging process I ended up seeing him for a second opinion. DR Irizarry listened to my symptoms & ran some lab test which confirmed his diagnosis of Hashimoto's. He takes the time to listen & explain in detail results/disease.
in Royal Palm Beach, FL |
I love this guy. He was absolutely great!!!! One of the BEST doctors I have ever been too. I like that he actually took the time and sat down with me to explain everything and educate me on the thyroid. Obviously, I was a bit nervous and stressed out over the fact that they found a nodule on my thyroid, hence the reason for my visit to Dr Irizarry. After he educated me, I left his office feeling much better and less stressed. Ok I'm running out of space so I can't write everything I want
in Lake Clarke Shores |
Dr. Irizarry is an amazing doctor. He is very patient, understanding and he takes the time to listen to you. He is very empathetic, which is so important. I highly recommend seeing him. He has helped me tremendously and I am forever grateful.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Great Dr...caring, great bedside manner, very detailed with testing and explanations.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr.Irzarry is a educated an thoughtful doctor. I feel lucky to have found him!
in Royal Palm Beach, Fl |
Dr. Irizarry is my Angel. he is so nice to me listening to all my concerns one of the best doctor here in Florida. the 1st time i came to him he explained to me everything about what's going on in my body how the thyrpid affects me, because of him i understand my thyroid problem now, not like the 2 doctors that i've before him. I trust him so much, Godbless you doctor Irizarry i hope God will always protect you so that you can save more patients needed your help.
in Lake Worth, FL |
I had gone to an endocrinology dr. and he had an aspiration of my thyroid done.The needle they gave for pain burned horribly (Lidocaine.) My neck hurt for three weeks. Because the results were inconclusive, he sent me to Dr. Irizarry. The difference was amazing. Dr. Irazarry performed the same aspiration. He used a spray instead of the needle. When I left there was no pain and no pain after. I felt very comfortable with Dr Irizarry. he was very patient with me. He also gave me results quickly!
in Frisco, TX |
It highly recommend Dr. Iriizarry without reservation. Prior to engaging with him I spent 10 years with a pompous doctor who truly was rude uncommpassinate and indifferent. When I started seeing Dr. Iriizarry that all changed. None only was the doctor great him staff was compassionate and helpful to me with variety of issue. I was so enamored with the practice I told my internist should he ever have patients seeking an endocrinologist this practice is beyond reproach.
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Irizarry is the best doctor I have ever seen in my life. He not only calmed all my nerves when I first came to see him, he was extremely through with me. He explained every thing to me which most doctor don't now a days and every one in the office is extremely great. He really makes me feel like he cares about me as a person and my health not just another paying patient and he has to get me in and out. Amazing Doctor I would recommend him to everyone.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I went to Dr. Irizarry for a second opinion. I had been told by another local endocrinologist that I needed to have my thyroid REMOVED- needless to say I wanted a second opinion! I so appreciated Dr. Irizarry spent TIME with me, educating me on my thyroid, what procedures would be done, etc. He is so knowledgeable & professional. The other dr. didn't do ultrasound guided biopsies- here we did ultrasound guided biopsy & more advanced pathology. Result: I don't need my thyroid removed. Thank you!
in Loxahatchee, FL |
If I could give Dr. Irizarry 10 stars I would! Best endocrinologist ever!! So glad I found him. He was beyond helpful and explained everything in detail! The staff is great as well! Highly recommend Dr. Irizarry.
in Royal Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Irizarry is very knowledgable about thyroid disorders, too include thyroid cancer. He is also willing to try non-synthetic thyroid replacement therapies. He thinks outside of the box when it comes to blood work and medications. If something isn't working for you, he will try something else. I'm very pleased with my experiences so far and highly recommend him.
West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr Irizarry is fantastic. I highly recommend him.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
My health had become a big concern with myself and wife, so she spent many nights reading about different Doctors in Palm Beach County. We decided to go with Dr. Irizarry and I can truly say that we made the best decision. From the first visit I have nothing negative to say about the entire atmosphere. This man is dedicated to his work and his patients. If anyone is looking for a Endocrinologist who demonstrates professionalism, someone who cares, call and schedule a visit . dt
in West Palm Beach, FL |
This doctor is amazing, I would recommend to all my family and friends. he's patient & has patience. He takes his time and explains everything in detail. He connects with his patients...I wasn't feeling my best during one of my office visits and he knew right away that something was wrong. Dr. Irizarry is the BEST - keep up the great work Doc.
in Wellington, FL |
Dr. Irizarry and his staff are friendly, efficient and all I could hope for in a medical practice. He is attentive, caring, concerned and spent the time to listen to my needs as a new patient. I was beyond impressed and had a totally positive experience. I highly recommend Dr. Irizarry!
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr Irizarry is a great doctor! He saved my life. At my early age I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. From day one he was very supportive and caring. We set goals about exercising and dieting. He helped me find a medication that was right for me. He goes out of his way to make sure you are on track to achieve the goals he sets for you. He is very passionate about his patients' well being. He is my angel and I could never thank him enough for believing in me and helping me fight this disease.
in Lake Worth, FL |
In this information and technology age, Dr. Irizarry demonstrates his human caring to patients that is becoming a lost art in medicine and physician practice. He has shown me the attention that is so important in any patient's pursuit to health and wellness.
Boca Raton, FL |
I'm a newer patient of Dr Irizarry, and could NOT have found a better Doctor! He really listens to your complaint/problems and does whatever it takes to help! He's extremely pleasant, and extremely knowledgeable! I can't say enough good things, he's HIGHLY recommended!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
My hypothyroidism and PCOS are finally being stabliized due to this lovely man! Dr. I has no problem explaining everything to you and if you have concerns he actually listens and acts upon them versus just letting it "go in one ear and out the other". He is very personable and easy to talk to and makes you feel comfortable and that your health is in good hands!
in Loxahatchee, FL |
I have been insulin dependent diabetic for 12 years. The last 2 doctors who treated me misdiagnosed me as type 2. My last doctor spent my appointments bullying me and telling me I needed to control my eating. He never looked at my meal journals or wondered why my A1c was so high, 10-11for years! I am so fortunate that I found Dr. Irizarry. His competent caring expertise is such a breath of fresh air! I highly recommend him for all endocrine diseases and trust him to best care of me.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have been in Florida now for 14 months and I have diabetes and end stage renal disease. My diabetes has never been controlled, now I am on my way to having my diabetes finally become controlled, thanks to this wonderful doctor. Dr. Irizarry, spends time ,explains in words I understand, friendly and cares about one's health. I strongly advise, if you need a Endocrinologist I highly recommend Dr. Irizarry. Margaret
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Irizarry and his staff are excellent. I have a very rare an complicated case of Type I diabetes, and Dr. Irizzary is by far the best endocrinologist I've ever had. He has worked tirelessly with me to continually try to control my diabetes as best we can. I highly recommend Dr. Irizarry to any and all diabetics I know and meet.
in Parkland, FL |
He was very patient and helpful. He answered all of my questions and actually listened to all of my concerns. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Irizarry as my endocrinologist.
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr I is the BEST!! He truly takes his time & listens to his patients feelings & symptoms. I have been to the office once a month for the past several months in order to get my thyroid in control. He explains EVERYTHING to me about how my thyroid functions.He has given me extra reading material & has even drawn pictures to give me a better understanding about my thyroid. He has gone above & beyond to help me increase my thyroid function. I would recommend him to anyone who asks. He's the BEST!!
in Royal Palm, FL |
Dr I is a great doctor. Very caring, personable, and dedicated to patient care. He takes the necessary time with each patient, listens to the patient's concerns and develops a conservative treatment plan based on patient needs and desires. This approach really works well with me, who has a fear of medical professionals. I am completely comfortable with this competent and smart doctor and would see him for all my medical concerns if I could. He is absolutely the best out there.
in Lake worth, fl |
The only Doctor I have been to that makes me feel at ease. He explains everything and is genuinely interested in your wellbeing. I wouldn't hesitate one bit to recommend him to anyone in need.
in Wellington, FL |
I finally found a doctor that takes the time to explain your diagnosis to you, calls you personally with your lab results and asks if you have any questions. He is very thorough and treats the underlying conditions that cause a thyroid disorder - not just the thyroid. I am very pleased to have finally found a doctor who listens and can relate! He is very knowledgeable and compassionate. A rare find in today's medical world. I highly recommend him!
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Irizarry is an amazing doctor and an amazing person. He is the first doctor I have ever had that truly cares about my well being. I am so confident in the fact that he does all the can to make sure my health is well managed and that I am educated on everything we speak about. Extremely professional and dedicated. You can tell he loves his job! Would recommend him to any and everyone!
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. David Irizarry is very caring and concerned. He took the time to listen to all my concerns without making me feel rushed. He asked me questions and ordered tests. Every test he suggested came back positive. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. Two weeks after I received my machine, Dr. Irizarry called me at home to see how I was doing. Talking to him is like talking to a concerned friend. I feel like he truly cares about his patients. The staff is very friendly and I haven't had to wait long.
in FL |
He will take the time to explain test results & illnesses and also listen to all concerns. It was apparent that he likes his work and will reach out to others for advice if needed. Both my husband & I always felt comfortable during our visit and would highly recommend him.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Irizarry is down to earth, humble and an extremely smart thyroidologist. I absolutely love him! Originally, I was referred to the practice (Palm Beach Thyroid and Endocrinology) partner Dr Frisch, from my surgeon at the University of Miami. I couldn't get in to see Dr. Frisch soon enough before my follow up at UM. Dr. Irizarry is more than capable. The office is clean, relaxed, modern, and friendly office staff. You can just feel the team of environment.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
We were very impressed with Dr. Irizarry. He asked questions no other doctor even thought of when trying to determine what caused my husband's medical issue. He was kind, professional, explained everything very well so that we understood and was extremely thorough. He covered all the bases when ordering testing for my husband and figured out what caused the problem when other doctors and testing had failed to find a cause.
in Royal Palm Beach, FL |
In my first appointment with Dr Irizarry he spent a lot of time making sure I understood what hypothyroidism was. It only took a couple of months to get my medication perfect. My labs are great. He was very patient with me when I questioned increasing my medication and assured me I had nothing to worry about. I will continue to have him monitor my labs. I won't have to have them checked for 5 months. I am very happy to have him as my doctor.
in Wellington |
He is a human being treating another human being with respect. He listens and analyze your results ion a very detail and responsible way. Very professional.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I would Highly recommend Dr Irizarry. Hes young and fresh with all the important updates about our thyroid. I had a wonderful experience.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr Irizarry is extremely knowledgeable. He is always willing to answer questions and give you all the information you need regarding your health. I am very happy to have found him.
Pompano Beach, FL |
He was very informative and explained everything in depth. I would HIGHLY recommend!
Have you seen Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Are you Dr. Irizarry?

Compare Dr. Irizarry

Dr. Irizarry's Care Philosophy

I diagnose and manage all general aspects of endocrine diseases.  However I have additional training in the assessment of thyroid nodules, as well as the diagnosis and management of most thyroid cancers.

My general philosophy to patient care focuses on that of teamwork.  I strongly feel that the gradual education of individuals during visits, leads to a better understanding of their diseases, and inevitably to healthier and happier individuals.

Dr. Irizarry's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Irizarry has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Irizarry's Board Certifications

Completed in 2015

Fordham University

Graduated in 2006

• Portuguese

Dr. Irizarry does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Irizarry and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism