Dr. David Irizarry, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 38

Dr. Irizarry

Dr. David Irizarry, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Alcoa, TN and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from The School Of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences SUNY At Buffalo in 2010 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism, internal medicine, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Irizarry accepts

No malpractice claims found for Tennessee

Check Dr. Irizarry's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Thyroiditis
  • Ultrasound Guided Procedures
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

I diagnose and manage all general aspects of endocrine diseases, and am board certified in Obesity Medicine. I also have additional training in the assessment of thyroid nodules, as well as the diagnosis and management of most thyroid cancers. <...

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Irizarry

Dr. Irizarry?
Dr. Irizarry's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Irizarry, MD
What I love is that he is so thorough & explains everything on a level that I understand. I never leave his office confused. I always feel I have been given the best he has to offer. He’s so personable and he takes the time to get to know you and you can bet nothing you say is silly to him. He gets to the deeper reasons why you’re having the issues you’re having and explores things you wouldn’t even have thought about! I cannot say enough good things about him. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Irizarry's office after months of noticing lots of swelling in my upper eyes, immediately I scheduled an appt with Dr. Irizarry who is by far the most competent MD I've ever came across in my personal & professional life. He sent me out for blood work, every visit afterwards was such a great experience, everything was explained to me with pictures so I could understand. My swelling has gone down tremendously and my thyroid levels are within limits. Highly recommend this Doc
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Dr. Irizarry is an excellent practitioner. He is thorough and very down to earth. Both my husband and I have been going to him. Unfortunately, we just learned that he is leaving the practice. We are terribly sad to hear this. He is an awesome endocrinologist, who takes the time to review his patients historyand symptoms and he works with his patients to develop a plan for optimal management.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Dr. Irizarry saw my husband this past year for diagnosed hyperparathyroidism, and discovered nodules on his thyroid. We were referred to the Norman Center, and to Dr. Gary Clayman, at Tampa General Hospital, where surgery removed the cancerous parathyroid gland: Dr. Clayman did a thyroidectomy, as it turned out my husband had thyroid cancer. His prognosis is excellent, and Dr. Irizarry has given me the best gift of all: a healthy husband. He is the VERY best doctor EVER. Compassionate, caring!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
A wonderful doctor! Thorough and explains things in English. Probably saved my life or at least added some more years. I'm going to miss him when he moves.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
You will be very lucky to have this gentleman as your doctor! He is patient, thorough, and spends plenty of time explaining his theory and plan to remedy your issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Irizzarry for several months and under his guidance have been able to secure control of my diabetes that I have not had in a long time. He has taken an active and inventive approach to dealing with my illness while providing me the opportunity to live the lifestyle I want to. He is an exceptional and caring physician who I highly reccommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Very seldom in today's society do health care providers promise big, then deliver the same. I moved to Florida from Georgia in 2014 and met Dr. Irizarry shortly after. The stress of a divorce and relocation of my two daughters whom I had custody of, had started taking a toll on my health. I had never grown to have a relationship with an MD like Dr. Irizarry. His medicinal knowledge and sincere caring demeanor are unbelievable. He is the top of the line in my book - Shane McBee, Florida
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
I went to see Dr. Irizarry after two leaving two previous endocrinologists who I felt didn't listen and were quick to dismiss me. I was overweight, miserable, weepy, post menopausal, exhausted all the time and my body hurt. He took the time to ask questions and educate me. We became a team, working together for the betterment of my health. He is a great communicator and very empathetic. He is a doctor I trust with my care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
I went undiagnosed with PCOS with another doctor even when I had mentioned it to her. Dr.Irizarry took the time to evaluate my symptoms and blood work. He properly diagnosed me and put me on a treatment plan. He never rushed our appointments and made sure to explain everything to me. He was very happy to answer ALL of my questions. He is amazing. I would highly recommend him!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Dr. Irizarry is an outstanding endocrinologist and really cares about his patients. His exam is extremely thorough and he will take the time to explain any needed treatment in detail. He is by far the most compassionate, kind and thoughtful physician. I can’t say enough about Dr. Irizarry and I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Dr. Irizarry, is a very compassion doctor, he express concerns about anything that concerns you. He is very easy to talk to, you can feel free to talk about family and he will listen. I have never felt pressured or rushed when seeing him. He's a very proud father and a just all around great person. He puts your mind at ease when you are concern about an issue. I've been very pleased with him and will continue seeing him for my diabetes and thyroids.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Dr. Irizarry is very kind, caring, and thorough. Upon referral for thyroid nodules, he performed a FNA biopsy and found medullary thyroid cancer. He rescheduled my follow up appointment to spend more time going over results. He contacted the top surgeons and oncologists for me. He even called me after hours on numerous occasions. I can't thank Dr. Irizarry enough for all he has done for me and my family! Due to his quick actions and referrals, my surgery was a success and prognosis is excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Extremely disappointed! An employee makes an error in my appointment and I'm told, "I'm sorry, you'll have to come back in three weeks.." The office is NOT accommodating regardless showing that I do show two appointments in my calender, notified of a cancellation and moved up. If this is how they care about their patients don't trust them to take care of your health. I'm not feeling well and really, do they think knowing I had this appointment, I'm going to wait three weeks to come back?!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Dr. David Irizarry is a superb physician both technically and in his relationship with patients. Over the years I had seen 4 other endocrinologists in Palm Beach County so I was dismayed and frankly disgusted that not one of them sat down and listened to my concerns. This time I really wanted to my homework and chose the right doctor. A friend had recommended him to me but it’s an hour drive to his office so I was hesitant but I was convinced it was worth it after our first meeting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Working with Dr. Irizarry may have been the best doctor experience my wife and I have ever experienced. My wife was struggling from weight gain and irregular menstrual cycle. Dr. Irizzary was patient, listened to all of our concerns, and dialed in on the problem. He also didn't mind that we brought our three young sons to the appointments. My wife has lost 25 pounds since being diagnosed by Dr. Irizarry and everything else is falling back into place! I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
I am extremely thankful to have found Dr. Irizarry. He is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. He is very compassionate about helping his patients and does not leave any unanswered questions. He gives 100% of his expertise and care to his patients. I totally trust him in guiding me to good health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Dr. Irizarry thinks “outside the box’. He’s not constrained by “old school” train of thought but uses a mix to achieve best practice for each individual. Dr. Irizarry develops a partnership with his patients, actively collaborating with them to diagnose the problem and build a treatment plan. This allows patients to feel empowered to lead a positive, and normal life while dealing with diabetes. I tell everyone that will listen about the most wonderful doctor I have ever met.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
Excellent doctor. Impressive. He spent ample time explaining the different scenarios . I have an a-fib condition and I wanted to rule out any endocrine issues such as Thyroid or the adrenal glands. Dr, Irizarry spent more than half hour explaining and drawing diagrams of what he would be looking for and what tests can determine any deficiencies. He is very caring and makes one feel comfortable and engaged in ones health. Highly recommend this doctor. Great staff and reception also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Irizarry, MD?
I hit a homerun when I found Dr Irizarry. He was easy to talk to, explained everything in detail to me, spent as much time with me as needed and convinced me that I needed surgery to correct my medical condition. I followed his surgical recommendation. Thank you Dr Irizarry for all your guidance, knowledge and concern. For the first time in a year I feel completely back to myself. ??
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Irizarry?

East Tennessee Medical Group