Dr. David Inwood, MD

David G. Inwood, MD

95 Pierrepont St

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Learn about Dr. Inwood

Dr. David G. Inwood is an Adult, Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist serving the Brooklyn area for more than 40 years. Dr. Inwood is experienced in Mood Disorders, Depression and Dysthymia and Bipolar Mood Disorders. He is a professional member of the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association and New York Council for Child Psychiatry. Dr. David Inwood was also awarded the Patients' Choice Award and the Compassionate Doctor Recognition.

Dr. Inwood's Experience

Dr. Inwood's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Psychiatry

Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*
  • Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• Asperger Syndrome
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Eating Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Panic Disorder

• Psychoanalysis
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Temple University
  • Downstate Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Downstate Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Inwood has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Inwood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Inwood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Inwood's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Inwood to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Inwood's Performance
Dr. Inwood is an extremely caring and personable therapist who always remembers to ask how you and your family is doing before anything else. He is also very flexible with time and with scheduling/rescheduling appointments which is extremely rare and a very welcome gesture.
Dr. Inwood knows how to make you feel at ease. I feel comfortable when speaking with him, thus allowing me to naturally open up more. He also remembers details about previous sessions which assures me he's listening, giving me a better sense of trust not only with opening up to him, but also in his recommendations.
Dr. Inwood is a passionate psychiatrist that takes time to talk with and truly hear what I need!
Trust worthy, supportive, reliable. He educates his patients with the latest information about my issues. Has great amounts of experience, and knowledge. Well worth the visit.
He spends the time necessary. He thoroughly explains things he says to me and will make sure I understand it. He listens very well and responds when necessary. He is willing to listen to what I have to say and consider it in his opinions.
Doc Inwood saw my crisis and provided clarity and direction during a time of trauma. he is a wonderful and caring doctor
Dr. Inwood has provided me with good counseling for several years. He has helped me to cope with the difficulties of caring for an elderly invalid parent.
I've been seeing Dr.Inwood for many years, and he is always there to hear you. He is quick with both joke and serious suggestion, and will help you to the best of his ability.
I have known Dr. Inwood for 20 years and I continue to see him today. He is truly a remarkable Doctor. He listens very carefully to this issues that are challenging his patients and provides them with very sound guidance. He never gives his patients quick panaceas, which I am sure many patients would prefer. Instead, he guides his patients so that they can come to a better understanding of their problems and learn to successfully resolve them through this understandin...
My family has been working with Dr Inwood for five years, and he always has time for us. He has been instrumental in finding the right mix of medicine and therapy to ensure the best outcomes.
Dr. Inwood is careful, concerned and thoughtful. He always wants to work with his patients to find the treatments that are best for them, and is very accommodating of idiosyncratic needs and schedules.
Dr. Inwood has been very helpful in dealing with a variety of issues.
Dr. Inwood is a great listener. Highly recommend.
I have been seeing Dr. Inwood since I moved to New York. He is a great doctor, a very good listener, and truly takes an interest in understanding his patients and giving them a sense of perspective. I know that I can count on him to help me leave his office feeling more grounded than when I came in.
My experience with Dr. Inwood has been unbelievable. We have built a deep bond over many years and he was one of the many reasons I'm still alive today. The initial meeting was with a teenage boy struggling with depression and suicidal tendencies as a result of personal trauma. I'm thankful that today I can look back on those terrible times thanks to Dr. Inwood. He has changed my life. Although the issues may change as I mature, he's always the supportive figure I can rely on.
I had seen many, many doctors. Dr. Inwood has been more concerned and invested in helping achieve mental stability and optimizing my ability to function successfully, in spite of my numerous disabilities and past. acute, mental issues. I have a science background and his competence is second to none, in my experience.
Have you seen Dr. David Inwood, MD?

Visit Dr. Inwood