Dr. David Husted, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 44

Dr. Husted

West Palm Behavioral Health

4631 N Congress Ave Ste 110 West Palm Beach, FL 33407

Dr. David Husted, MD is a psychiatry specialist in West Palm Beach, FL and has been practicing for 12 years. He graduated from University of Florida in 2000 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Husted's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Husted

Dr. Husted?
Dr. Husted's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Husted, MD
This 1 incident tells a lot about Dr. Husted: a year ago during a hospital visit, I was diagnosed with stage 3 chronic kidney failure a result of high lithium dosages I had been on for 30 yrs. Dr. H got me off lithium and moved me to a medication without disrupting my mental stability. I owe him my kidneys for that. I would not have left lithium for any other shrink. One thing that I truly love about Dr H is his wit and humor. We laugh thru most of my sessions ... pretty good for a bipolar disorder depressive. He also knows when to be serious and even stern when the session calls for it. He's the greatest, simply put.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
My experience with Dr. Husted has been exemplary. I have been his patient for several years due to severe depression. I am now taking medications that keep my depression in check as well as exercise and my hobbies. It took some time to find the best medications for me and Dr. Husted was and is always a keen observer, compassionate and motivating listener. I credit Dr. Husted for saving my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Husted for several years. I find him absolutely amazing. He listens and responds to all of my concerns and thoughts. He gives me sound advice which I sometimes don’t want to hear, but in the long run he is always right. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Dr. Husted is one of the best doctors that I have ever had the opportunity to be treated. He has humility, compassion, and integrity. If he runs late, he always apologizes, which I have never experienced from other doctors. I have no problem recommending him to anyone that needs his help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
When we found out our son was doing drugs under Dr. Husteds care we went to him. He said he had no idea, he had no advice for us, he did NOTHING! Recently our son was taken to the hospital and BakerActed. It was a Suicide Attempt. He had broken both legs, his nose and facial bones. Dr Husted was his psychiatrist for years; ironically he is also the Director of both of the psych units. We called him several times and no response. The staff in the units said he was aware of his pt. being hospitalized and NEVER CAME TO SEE HIM. I know our son saw him recently, I have a recent prescription from him. Obviously he really doesn’t care. The unit staff didn’t even know who he is!! My next step is reporting him to the Florida Board of Licensing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Our adult son has been a patient of Dr. Husted for several years. We inadvertently found out last year that our son was using drugs. My husband and myself went to Dr. Husted office to discuss this horrible discovery and he knew nothing about it! We asked how we should follow up...he said he wasn’t familiar with that. He offered us nothing...no comfort, no medical psychiatric advice. NOTHING! At some point our son returned to Dr. Husted. I now have a prescription for drugs dated 4 months ago, from him. Two weeks ago our son attempted suicide and was brought to JFK Hospital and Baker Acted. Coincidentally Dr. Husted is listed as Medical Director for both JFK and JFK North Psych facility. We called his office 3 times in 2 weeks; the staff said he knew our son is a patient. And he never contacted our son, never even though he was a long term patient. Never returned our calls, never contacted our son. IS THIS THE PSYCHIATRIST YOU’D WANT FOR A PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY? He’s a disgrace
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Excellent Doctor great service from the staff and appointment on time, very charismatic and gives great advice's.
Thank You for the review I will pass this on to...Read More
Excellent as allways.
Thank you for the feedback and the positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Dr. Husted is such an amazing psychiatrist. Generally, I have dreaded going to appts, but I look forward to my visits because he really "gets" me and is an excellent listener & problem-solver. I have never had such trust in any doctor as I do in Dr. Husted and I actually enjoy going & feel better each time I see him. We have had to try many different medications & he is always upbeat and understanding when I decide to discontinue...and he comes up with alternative solutions to try.
Thank you for taking the time to share your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Compassionate, caring, sensitive & thoughtful all describe Dr. Husted and the staff at West Palm Behavioral Health.
Thank you for your kind words!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Husted?

We are commitment to providing superior psychiatric and therapeutic services to our patients by addressing all their mental health needs to assist them in achieving their individual goals, delivered with integrity, respect, compassion and kindness.

• Psychiatry

2006
2002
2000
1996

• Recipient of the Annual Resident Research Award from the Southern Psychiatric Association, 2006
  • Recipient of the Resident Award of Most Outstanding Research for the 2003-2004 academic year, 2004
  • Recipient of the Resident Achievement Award from the North Central Florida Psychiatric Journal Club, 2007
  • Recipient of the Resident Award of Most Outstanding Research for the 2004-2005 academic year, 2005
  • Recipient of the Resident Award of Most Outstanding Research for the 2002-2003 academic year, 2003

Dr. Husted accepts

Dr. Husted accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
Medicaid
United Behavioral Health
Value Options
Veteran Administration Plan

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Husted's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Nondependent Amphetamine or Related Acting Sympathomimetic Abuse
  • Nondependent Antidepressant Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Medication Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizoid and Schizotypal Personality Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Husted treats patients.

Jfk Medical Center

Atlantis, FL

57% Patient experience rating, 12% lower than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)