Dr. David Husted, MD

Dr. Husted
Telehealth services available

West Palm Behavioral Health

4631 N Congress Ave Ste 110 West Palm Beach, FL 33407

Dr. David Husted, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL. He is affiliated with medical facilities Jfk Medical Center and JFK Medical Center North Campus. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Husted to book an appointment.

Dr. Husted's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Husted

Dr. Husted?
  • Appointment scheduling (35)
  • Explained conditions well (35)
  • Listened & answered questions (35)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (2)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (2)
One of the best doctors I ever had. I was in such a state of depression, and dr Husted made me feel that everything can be fix; the life goes on and we have to take care of ourselves. I'm a different person since I saw him. He is so humble and show so much compassion! He is a Great doctor and a wonderful human being!
Noemy Latorre – Sep 09, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Amazing doctor, he knows what he needs to know to practice. Rare to find providers like him now a days in this field. Does not over prescribe, he wants you to get well, cares for you that is something i have never seen in so far until now. He will prescribe you what you need and listen to you, not just write a rx, now he will listen advice you, always always encourage you to exercise and health choices decisions, will keep drugs to a minimum and talk to you some times spends like 40 minutes talking to you listening. genuinely well. amazing health professional, psychiatrist, human been. Also good staff. Attentive, caring, what can say very good.
Ramon – May 09, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
This 1 incident tells a lot about Dr. Husted: a year ago during a hospital visit, I was diagnosed with stage 3 chronic kidney failure a result of high lithium dosages I had been on for 30 yrs. Dr. H got me off lithium and moved me to a medication without disrupting my mental stability. I owe him my kidneys for that. I would not have left lithium for any other shrink. One thing that I truly love about Dr H is his wit and humor. We laugh thru most of my sessions ... pretty good for a bipolar disorder depressive. He also knows when to be serious and even stern when the session calls for it. He's the greatest, simply put.
Donna Hawley – Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
My experience with Dr. Husted has been exemplary. I have been his patient for several years due to severe depression. I am now taking medications that keep my depression in check as well as exercise and my hobbies. It took some time to find the best medications for me and Dr. Husted was and is always a keen observer, compassionate and motivating listener. I credit Dr. Husted for saving my life.
Barbara Webb – Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Husted for several years. I find him absolutely amazing. He listens and responds to all of my concerns and thoughts. He gives me sound advice which I sometimes don’t want to hear, but in the long run he is always right. I highly recommend him!
Lake Worth, FL – Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Dr. Husted is one of the best doctors that I have ever had the opportunity to be treated. He has humility, compassion, and integrity. If he runs late, he always apologizes, which I have never experienced from other doctors. I have no problem recommending him to anyone that needs his help.
John C. – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
When we found out our son was doing drugs under Dr. Husteds care we went to him. He said he had no idea, he had no advice for us, he did NOTHING! Recently our son was taken to the hospital and BakerActed. It was a Suicide Attempt. He had broken both legs, his nose and facial bones. Dr Husted was his psychiatrist for years; ironically he is also the Director of both of the psych units. We called him several times and no response. The staff in the units said he was aware of his pt. being hospitalized and NEVER CAME TO SEE HIM. I know our son saw him recently, I have a recent prescription from him. Obviously he really doesn’t care. The unit staff didn’t even know who he is!! My next step is reporting him to the Florida Board of Licensing!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
FL – Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Our adult son has been a patient of Dr. Husted for several years. We inadvertently found out last year that our son was using drugs. My husband and myself went to Dr. Husted office to discuss this horrible discovery and he knew nothing about it! We asked how we should follow up...he said he wasn’t familiar with that. He offered us nothing...no comfort, no medical psychiatric advice. NOTHING! At some point our son returned to Dr. Husted. I now have a prescription for drugs dated 4 months ago, from him. Two weeks ago our son attempted suicide and was brought to JFK Hospital and Baker Acted. Coincidentally Dr. Husted is listed as Medical Director for both JFK and JFK North Psych facility. We called his office 3 times in 2 weeks; the staff said he knew our son is a patient. And he never contacted our son, never even though he was a long term patient. Never returned our calls, never contacted our son. IS THIS THE PSYCHIATRIST YOU’D WANT FOR A PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY? He’s a disgrace
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
FL – Jul 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Excellent Doctor great service from the staff and appointment on time, very charismatic and gives great advice's.
Lazaro in Miami, FL – Dec 30, 2018
Thank You for the review I will pass this on to...Read More
Excellent as allways.
Boca Ratón , FL – Dec 06, 2018
Thank you for the feedback and the positive...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Dr. Husted is such an amazing psychiatrist. Generally, I have dreaded going to appts, but I look forward to my visits because he really "gets" me and is an excellent listener & problem-solver. I have never had such trust in any doctor as I do in Dr. Husted and I actually enjoy going & feel better each time I see him. We have had to try many different medications & he is always upbeat and understanding when I decide to discontinue...and he comes up with alternative solutions to try.
Lori K in West Palm Beach, FL – Nov 09, 2018
Thank you for taking the time to share your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Compassionate, caring, sensitive & thoughtful all describe Dr. Husted and the staff at West Palm Behavioral Health.
Oct 30, 2018
Dr. Husted's Reply – Flag
Thank you for your kind words!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Dr. Husted was able to see me quickly when I was in crisis three years ago, and I've been seeing him ever since. I trust him more than any psychiatrist or therapist I've ever seen. He has provided a plan for my health that is working.
Rachel – Feb 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
The #1 Phsychiatrist I have ever come in contact with. He truly does the best course of action for his patients and actually cares. I trust him and I have never felt this with another Dr.
James Holmberg in Jupiter – Jan 27, 2018
We are grateful for the kind words regarding our...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Absolutely the kindest most caring doctor you'll ever find. I'll admit I thought he was nuts...not me...because he wanted to "cure" me. And I thought yeah right. Well he showed me--he truly knew what he was doing. After much tinkering of medication I'm far better than I ever thought I could be. Dr. Husted never gives up! He didn't give up on me long after I gave up on myself. He comes off as the sweet, idealistic doctor but underneath he's really a genius!
Boynton Beach, FL – Jul 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
There is never a long wait to see the doctor. He takes all the time you need, and he listens attentively to what you say. He continues to fine tune your medications to get the very best results for you.
Barbara Gehrkin in West Palm Beach, FL – Apr 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Dr. Husted is amazing. He is kind, compassionate, caring, and he truly listens to what you have to say. I wish he could be my doctor for everything. He, along with his staff, makes you feel comfortable each time you visit. I've never had a doctor listen as intently as he does or provide a treatment plan based on his expertise and your personal values combined. Hands down best. doctor. ever. Thank you for everything you have done for me Dr. Husted. Because of you I am regaining my life back.
Kimberly in West Palm Beach, FL – Jan 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
A great doctor!! Very knowledgeable and personable.
Allan in West Palm Beach, Fl – Jun 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?
Very knowledgeable, not only tries to figure out the best medication but takes time to speak with you briefly about what other steps you can take to better control your situation and symptoms. Awesome Doctor.
Greenacres, Fl – Jan 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Husted, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Husted?

We are commitment to providing superior psychiatric and therapeutic services to our patients by addressing all their mental health needs to assist them...Read more

This physician is accepting telehealth visits. Dr. Husted is the Medical Director of Palm Beach Behavioral Health at JFK Medical Center. Prior to his move...Read more

• Psychiatry

2007
2006
2002
Yale University
1996
University Of Florida

• Recipient of the Annual Resident Research Award from the Southern Psychiatric Association, 2006
  • Recipient of the Resident Award of Most Outstanding Research for the 2003-2004 academic year, 2004
  • Recipient of the Resident Award of Most Outstanding Research for the 2004-2005 academic year, 2005
  • Recipient of the Resident Award of Most Outstanding Research for the 2002-2003 academic year, 2003
  • Recipient of the Resident Achievement Award from the North Central Florida Psychiatric Journal Club, 2007