Dr. David Holtz, MD

Oncology ·  Male · Age 50

Dr. Holtz

Main Line Gynecologic Oncology & Urogynecology

100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood, PA 19096

Dr. David Holtz, MD is an oncology specialist in Wynnewood, PA and has been practicing for 14 years. He graduated from Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University in 1998 and specializes in oncology and obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Holtz accepts

Dr. Holtz accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health and Life Insurance Co HMO
Medicaid

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Holtz's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Holtz's Top Procedures and Conditions

Dr. Holtz performs Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy) more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Holtz performs this procedure more than 99% of his peers

• Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Gynecological Oncology Surgery
  • Hepatitis C Virus Screening
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • HIV Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Human Papillomavirus DNA Testing
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparoscopic Vaginal Hysterectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymph Node Dissection for Endometrial Cancer (Uterine Cancer)
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Nausea
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Exenteration (For: Gynecologic, Urinary, or Colorectal Malignancy)
  • Perimenopause
  • Radical Hysterectomies for Cervical Cancer
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Vulvar Cancer
  • Vulvectomy
  • Wound Repair

Provide compassionate care for patients with complex gynecologic problems, including women with gynecologic malignancies or complex surgical problems. An emphasis on minimally invasive, laparoscopic, and robotically assisted surgical approaches.

• Oncology

3.9

Dr. Holtz?
Dr. Holtz's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Holtz, MD
Arrogant and condescending-Horrible combination. Seemed annoyed by questions and had no interest in discussing treatment options.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Excellent care. Answered all questions and concerns. I couldn't ask for a better doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Dr. HOLTZ was recommended by my GYN. Because he specialized in the procedure that I needed. (Hysterectomy) I am glad. I took my doctors advice. All said in done. Dr Holtz was AWESOME!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
My mother recently had a hysterectomy for uterine cancer. Dr. Holtz stepped in for an associate to perform the surgery. Although he did not previously see her as a patient, he was very thorough & professional. He made her feel very at ease during the entire process. She will continue to see him in the future for post-op visits. This was a difficult time for my mother and the family but, thanks to Dr. Holtz, the stress was minimized.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Dr. Holtz is a wonderful Dr. I was sent to him since an ultrasound showed something on my ovaries. With my past breast cancer diagnosis my OB sent me to Dr. Holtz and he assured me that he didn't think they were anything to worry about but we decided to do a full hysterectomy to prevent future problems. He performed my surgery robotically and I was back to work within two and a half weeks. I feel great. I highly recommend this man!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Great experience. Dr. Holtz is an excellent surgeon, felt great after surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Holtz from my OB GYN after having an abnormal pap smear with a result of high grade dysplasia cells on my cervix. My experience has been wonderful considering the circumstances. The office staff are absolutely the nicest and friendliest people and Doctor Holtz was very clear and direct and answered all of my questions. He also followed up post surgery with the lab results personally. If needed, I will definitely be returning to his office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
At my initial consultation Dr. Holtz took time to listen to my concerns and understand what it was that I hoped for from treatment. He explained my options along with the potential risks and took the time to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed in any of our meetings. My surgical experience was just as positive. Dr. Holtz was concerned with my well-being before, during and after surgery. Dr. Holtz has both surgical skill and a great bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Dr. Holtz is an outstanding physician. He was easy to communicate with, my procedure went without a hitch and I had absolutely no issues throughout my experience dealing with his practice. I would recommend him without a question.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
At a time where I was scared to death that I was having a re-occurrence of cancer after being a 12 yrs survivor, my Dr directed me to Dr Holtz for the surgery. He explained all that he needed to do with confidence. His staff was so kind to me . His Davinci surgery was top notch! He personally called me to check up which was flattering for a busy surgeon. His PA, nurses , desk clerks were all top shelf. Would highly If you have a problem with a gyno oncology issue he's the man to go to!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
My name is June and Dr Holtz is a wonderful doctor very professional I absolutely had a wonderful experience
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Such an amazing doctor. I was scared to death I had cancer. He saw me in the emergency room after he reviewed my scans and told me didn't think it was anything to be concerned about and didn't jump to a good or bad conclusion. He explained the surgery in great detail and I knew what to expect worst case scenario. I luckily had no cancer but a large tumor on my ovary that he removed laparoscopi He is a patient and knowledgable Dr. Highly recommend!
I would highly recommend Dr. Holtz
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
I'm Gladys Rigby and I would recommend all my family and friends to doctor Holtz he did my histerectomy and he did a good job I trust him with my life he have the hands of GOD thank you doctor Holtz you my Angel
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Cancer...wait...what?....No... The terrifying things that go through your mind with a diagnosis of cancer. For me, it was ovarian cancer. And Fortunately for me, my regular gynecologist knew of Dr. David Holtz. I have been seeing Dr. Holtz for over a year now and I could not be more satisfied with my care. Dr. Holtz is not only a greatly skilled surgeon, but he is kind, caring and compassionate! The same can be said of his entire staff. The best care for cancer anywhere!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Dr. Holtz is excellent. I felt very confident having him handle my case. He was thorough and knowledgeable. He was understanding and sympathetic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
Dr. Holtz has a complex task and he is doing it repeatedly. His capability to manage all of what he does with precision - astounds me. We are very fortunate to have him in our area. I know that he has given me the best chance for survival. Wishing him a good life- thanks Doc!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
My wife was given a diagnosis of possible ovarian cancer and we were referred to Dr. Holtz. He determined it was not cancer but a burst appendix. He totally demonstrated to us what a brilliant and caring physician he is. He attempted laparoscopy for the concern he had for her well being but ended up having to perform a stomach hysterectomy due to the difficulty of the procedure. Always focused on her well being, she was home in three days as he closely followed her every step of the way. Stellar
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Holtz. He performed robotic surgery for my uterine cancer last year. I find him to empathetic, a great listener, and brilliant at what he does. While he is not effusive, he is professional, calm, thoughtful, and matter of fact without being cold. Upon meeting him last year for the first time, I left thoroughly convinced that he was the right doctor to guide me through my cancer surgery. I am grateful I found him and am happy that I am currently cancer-free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Holtz, MD?
I spent a year as a patient of Dr. Holtz. I found it to be an experience of the Good, Bad, and the Ugly. The Good is he is a very good surgeon. The Bad is he does very little teaching. When I was sitting in his office and shown the extent of my disease on the computer, I was then told about the possible extent of my procedure. The consequences of not doing it were not explained to me. Later when I was asking questions he told me to do my home work. The Ugly- He could be arrogant & condescending
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Holtz?