Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. David Hiltzik, MD
Dr. David Hiltzik, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Staten Island, NY. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Hiltzik is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital and Lenox Hill Hospital.

501 Seaview Ave Ste 202

• MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Hiltzik

Dr. Hiltzik's Experience

Dr. Hiltzik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Broken Nose
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Cholesteatoma
  • Chronic Laryngitis
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Deviated Septum
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Dizziness
  • Down Syndrome
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Goiter
  • Graves' Disease
  • Hashimoto's Disease
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Hyperkalemia
  • Snoring
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Testicular Dysfunction
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngectomy and Pharyngectomy
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sleep Apnea Surgery
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Uvulectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
  • New York Presbyterian Hosp Cornell Univ
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • New York Presbyterian/Columbia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Hiltzik has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hiltzik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hiltzik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hiltzik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hiltzik to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Hiltzik's Performance
in Staten Island, NY |
very good doctor hiltzik.on all clearly explained my situation, and very well made me surgery on the elision of polyps. I will all recommend him as an experienced doctor.
in Nyc |
Dr Hiltzik is one of the most prominent ENT Physicians in his field and time. His knowledge base is endless and comes naturally . He articulates what needs to be communicated better then any lawyer . He won't steer you towards his pocket . Extremely honest . Regular family man that just so happened to become one of the elite physicians in The north eastern USA. If you can't trust this doctor you don't trust anyone. As far as his staff . In regards to his manhattan office .They are all tier 1
in Queens, NY |
One of the best Doctors I've ever used! I would not hesitate to call him again in the future and would recommend him to everyone I meet!
in Staten Island, NY |
Words cant say how amazing my consultation and surgery w/Dr H went or how happy I am today. Im 37 and lived with enlarged tonsils, tonsillitis and a badly deviated septum all my life. I was super motivated to find a doctor that listened, saw and acted on facts. Dr H did that and booked my surgery that day. I expected the very worst in recovery but I was able to talk and eat hours after surgery! Today is Day 8 of recovery, had my nose splints out and I feel like a new person! Thank you Dr H!
in Staten Island, NY |
Saw Dr Hiltzik today and immediately felt at ease... He takes the time to listen and understand why you are there... Diagnosis was quick and he had an immediate treatment plan Thus relieving my anxiety ... The staff was very friendly and professional as well...
Staten Island, NY |
Unfortunately I have to rate Dr Hiltzik a 1 because the wait time is ALWAYS ALWAYS 2 to 2 1/2 hrs!! There isn't enough room in the waiting room AND they double book to no end..it's ineffective and inconsiderate of patients time!
in NY, NY |
I had a great experience with Doctor Hiltzik. He has great bedside manner. He was quickly able to diagnose my nose problem, reduce my inflammation and ultimately successfully operate and remove the polyp. The surgery was a great success in all respects.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Hiltzik operated on my ear by removing a large growth. Surgery was performed in his office and I was able to go home afterward. From the beginning to end he was informative and supportive. He took extra care to have the growth reviewed for cancer twice. Fortunately it was benign. He has an excellent bed side manner and a good sense of humor which is very relaxing. I would use him again and highly recommend him.
in Staten Island, NY |
Horrible took 2 months to get an appointment then they changed it twice doesn't matter I told him I was in pain the secretaries of very nasty
in Staten Island, NY |
Would absolutely recommend Dr. Hiltzik to anyone. He performed surgery on my throat two years ago and I consistently go back to his office for follow ups. Not only is he smart and a great surgeon (you can barely see the scar on my neck) but his personality allows him to ease tense situations. Great doctor, great man, again would recommend to all. -Rick Livan
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. David Hiltzik is a wonderful Doctor. Always very professional, knowledgeable, friendly. He performed Polyp Removal surgery on me and it made a world of difference. I highly recommend him.
in Staten Island, NY |
Waited two months for appointment. Had snow storm and called to reschedule. Waited another two weeks and go to doctor's office. Nobody put my new appointment on his schedule. Hour and half wait. I had another appointment and left. Incompetent office staff. I'll find another doctor.
Staten Island |
Not sure why any doctor would run an office like this. ALWAYS a 2 hour wait! While he might be the best on Staten Island I would try to find an ENT who does not subject his patients to the stress of having to stand (although waiting room has 20 seats still not enough) and wait 2 hours every time. Ridiculous and very poorly run office management. No matter how busy a doctor is there is no reason to have 30 patients waiting at one time.
in Staten Island, NY |
For 15 years had a very bad deviated septum and throat disorder. Then I met Dr. Hiltzik and he not only repaired and fixed my nose and throat but was very helpful in the healing process later. He and his staff did a great job and I would highly recommend them for anyone else who needed them for themselves or their family members. RECOMMEND.
in Staten Island, NY |
Went to Dr Hiltzik twice. Wait was long, but when you want the best it's worth the wait. He was easy to talk to and made sure I understood everything. Nice doctor. Would definitely go back if I needed to.
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr. Hiltzik is a wonderful doctor. He makes you comfortable and takes his time to explain your diagnosis. He is a very thorough doctor. My whole family goes to him and he is the only ENT I would let my kids go to. I would highly recommend Dr. Hiltzik
Staten Island, NY |
The wait time can be very long, but it is worth it. I had a very good experience with Dr Hiltzik and his assistants. The office is very busy but they were very thorough and helped me set up the appointments for the tests I needed done and took care of all the insurance authorizations. The PA, his secretary Carol, and Ann Marie were very helpful.
Staten Island, NY |
Two hour wait. Was told it was an exceptional day. Dr. Hiltzig never addressed my wife or myself directly. He spoke to the PA. Never asked if I had any questions, he was in and out in less than five minutes. PA was more helpful. Not a great experience.
in Staten Island, N.Y. |
Wait time was over 2 hours all 3 times I visited. That might have been acceptable if Dr. Hiltzik spent more than 2 minutes with me but that wasn't the case. To add insult to injury 2 of the three times I saw Dr. Hiltzik he not only did not know who I was but had the wrong chart. I gave the office the benefit of the doubt and was continuing visits for a rhinoplasty but when asked for pictures of the doctors previous work I was laughed at and told that was illegal. Very unprofessional.
in Staten Island, NY |
I had a surgical procedure done today, I had a turbinate reduction done. Everything went smoothly in a timely fashion, I rate him at at 95% success rate, noone's perfect but Dr Hiltzik is the man and did everything the way I wanted him to. His assistants made the process fun and calm as well.
Bronx, NY |
Office staff is rude. The Waiting time for your appointment is unacceptable every single time. And It's impossible to reach the doctor by phone or get a call back. Even after surgery. I was very disappointment red because Dr Hiltzik has a good personality and I like him. There needs to be better management.
in New York, NY |
My husband and I were referred to Dr. Hiltzik for a parotidectomy. Dr. Hiltzik examined my husband and explained the procedure, potential complications and answered all our questions thoroughly. Dr. Hiltzik is very professional and confident in his expertise. The scar is almost completely hidden and zero facial paralysis. Thank you to Dr. Hiltzik for being so amazing!
in Staten Island, NY |
Dr Hiltzik is a young, professional, experienced, caring, informative doctor. He recently performed a total thyroidectomy on me and everything went perfectly. I considered other physicians at MSKCC but eventually chose Dr Hiltzik and I'm glad I did. I would definitely recommend him for family/friends requiring head/neck surgery.
Wonderful doctor, has a great bedside manner. Fully explained everything with my vocal chords. I'm a singer and he even let me see my vocal chords while scoping. Very kind, and would recommend!
in New York NY |
Had breathing difficulty after breaking my nose. Was immediately at ease after seeing Dr Hiktzik who was always available for any questions and listened to everything I had to say. Performed surgery with the utmost care, would recommend him to anyone and everyone
Have you seen Dr. David Hiltzik, MD?
Are you Dr. Hiltzik?