Dr. David Hidalgo, MD

Dr. David Hidalgo, MD

Plastic Surgery  |
At Georgetown University Dr. David Hidalgo completed a double major in Fine Arts (studio painting) and Biology, graduating magna cum laude. After earning his M.D. degree, also at Georgetown, he began eight years of specialized training in general surgery and plastic surgery at New York University, one of the top programs in the country. Upon completion he was certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Hidalgo began his practice at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, eventually becoming the Chief of the Plastic and Reconstructive Service. While there he developed innovative procedures in facial reconstruction that have become the standard of care around the world. In 2001 he departed to focus exclusively on aesthetic surgery. Dr. Hidalgo is presently affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College (New York-Presbyterian Hospital) where he is a Clinical Professor of Surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Dr. Hidalgo has written over 80 scientific papers. He has a textbook published and has won numerous honors including the James Barrett Brown Award, one of the most prestigious given by his peers. The Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation selected Dr. Hidalgo to be their national Visiting Professor, a unique honor that recognizes significant contributions to the field. He continues to present at national meetings in plastic surgery, both as an invited expert and in teaching courses. A respected source for the popular press, Dr. Hidalgo has been quoted in Allure, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, O (The Oprah Magazine), Town & Country, Vogue and W. He has appeared on CBS, ABC News and CNBC. He has been cited in New York Magazine as one of the best plastic surgeons every year since the listings began, and is included in America's Top Doctors.

655 Park Ave

New York, NY 10065

• EmblemHealth
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Hidalgo

Dr. Hidalgo's Experience

Dr. Hidalgo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Plastic Surgery

• Gynecomastia

• Breast Augmentation
  • Facelift
  • Rhinoscopy

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Georgetown University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1978
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Hidalgo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hidalgo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hidalgo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hidalgo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hidalgo to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hidalgo's Performance
in New York, NY |
Kind and gracious doctor and staff. It has been a wonderful, happy experience.
in New York, NY |
He is so friendly and I had the best experience. He explained everything so well and really helped me through the surgical process. The outcome was better than I could ever imagine and I am so pleased.
in New York, NY |
The office staff was fantastic. Very helpful and friendly. The office is clean, and beautiful. Doctor is excellent, personable, friendly, talented, just so amazing.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Hildago was fantastic - so thoughtful, skillful, precise and subtle with his work. I look like the best version of myself, and no one suspects I had work done.
in New York, NY |
I could not imagine a better experience! Everyone made me feel so comfortable and informed.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Hidalgo is a fabulous, professional doctor who answered my questions and concerns thoroughly. You can tell he really cares about his patients.
in New York, NY |
Wonderful. Truly concerned with each patient. Beyond talented as a surgeon and incredible 'bedside manner. Kind and gentle.
in New York, NY |
Doctor hidalgo was great. He was patient and answered all my questions. The final product is beautiful. A little bigger than expected but I think it was the right decision based on my body type and physique.
in New York, NY |
From the first call into the office I felt I was in great hands and that the staff wa knowledgeable and made me feel very well taken care of...really a positive experience .
NY, NY |
Have had several surgical procedures with o doctors over the past 30 years -- always been pleased with outcome. Breast augmentation with Dr. Hidalgo was a nightmare despite its 40k price tag. Despite complications, took weeks to get a follow-up appointment. Phone calls routinely not returned. Meds said to be called in, never were. I was made out to be an annoyance by staff. Written request for my entire medical record resulted in being sent surgical note only.
in New York, NY |
Ten out of ten would recommend. I love my new nose.
in New York, NY |
Had breast augmentation 4 yrs ago after breast cancer lumpectomy and radiation and am so pleased with my results. I travelled from the San Francisco Bay Area to see Dr. Hidalgo in NY. I am a dermatologist and I asked my colleagues, including plastic surgeons in the Bay Area, who they would recommend, and Dr. Hidalgo's name kept coming up at the top of the list. His office is also very accommodating and pleasant to work with.
in New York, NY |
I feel I was very blessed to have found Dr Hidalgo. I found him after experiencing a very poor outcome with another doctor, I was left with an extensive infection and folded skin on my cheek. Dr Hidalgo was able to correct the fold on my cheek and repair the scarring from the infection so it is much less noticeable.
in New York, NY |
Extremely professional and courteous. Listened closely and genuinely interested in me being happy with the results.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Hidalgo was incredibly professional and straightforward. Never pushed any procedures and was very honest with results and expectations. His staff was beyond caring, respectful and competent. I am so happy with the overall experience. Definitely would come back in the future.
Sag Harbor, NY |
Really bad experience!! Would never recommend this doctor to a friend/family member - went in for two procedures and was extremely unhappy with both. Dr. Hidalgo seemed more interested in getting pictures "for his wall" than acknowledging the extent to which he negatively altered my appearance. Definitely recommend looking elsewhere!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Hidalgo did not try to sell me on a number of procedures but rather looked at me and told me what he thought I needed to do to look my best. He recommended a procedure to do immediately and a procedure to think about in 5 years or so which I appreciated.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Hidalgo is professional and polite, with a refined esthetic. I am very pleased with the results of my breast augmentation and the entire experience was pleasant. I will highly recommend him to my friends.
in New York, NY |
Extremely involved at every level.
in New York, NY |
The whole experience was amazing. Dr Hidalgo is such a s great person and so talented, I am so happy with results. The team is great, everybody so friendly!
in New York, NY |
The entire team was excellent. Thoughtful, diligent and highly skilled.
in New York, NY |
Very professional, honest and conservative.
Have you seen Dr. David Hidalgo, MD?
Are you Dr. Hidalgo?