Dr. David Hemmer, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 73

Dr. David Hemmer, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Saint Charles, IL. Dr. Hemmer has more experience with Upper Respiratory Conditions and Otologic Conditions & Procedures than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advocate Sherman Hospital and AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Elgin. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hemmer to book an appointment.

Fox Valley Ear Nose & Throat Associates

2210 Dean St Ste L Saint Charles, IL 60175
Telehealth services available

Compare with other Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists

Compare Dr. Hemmer with our nearby Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital today at (630) 360-2663.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital.

Dr. Hemmer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hemmer

4.3

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Hemmer?
  • Wait times (34)
  • Office environment (33)
  • Staff friendliness (32)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
Dr Hemmer helped me on my 1st office visit to be able to hear everything again! I can't thank him enough! He put tubes in my ears to help fluid behind my eardrums. I have been going through pretty bad hearing loss for a couple of years. Other MD didn't help me. Dr. Hemmer was very gentle and I could hear excellent immediately! Super fast office visit, the audiologist Jennifer was very knowledgeable and sweet! It is so great to hear the furnace running, even my doggie snoring and no more loud tv!! Really nice office staff also! Thank you so much Dr. Hemmer! You are very kind! Debra
Debra Radke – Apr 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Hemmer for a biopsy on my tonsils. For each of my visits, I was met by friendly, welcoming and highly competent office staff. Dr. Hemmer explained exactly what was to be done and how he would proceed. The procedure was comfortable and I was asked how I felt by both the doctor and assistant throughout. When the results were available, Dr. Hemmer contacted me right away. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hemmer and his staff.
Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
We used Fox Valley Ear, Nose & Throat because of a referral from one of our friends. Dr. Hemmer is a fabulous doctor, but his office staff should all be fired and replaced with new staff. I have never dealt with people like this before. The medical profession has gotten worse in the past year due to our pandemic, but the office staff at this location is the ABSOLUTE WORST of any I have ever dealt with.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Sep 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
was in desperate need of emergency services do to a bloody nose had called a few ENT doctors all were either to busy or not in, until a friend told me to call Dr Hemmers office so I called he was booked but the nurse said come in we will take you,the best choice for the day was in an emergency they got me in and did a procedure on me to stop the bleeding,his staff was great and Dr Hemmer will now be my new ENT doctor,a doctor that puts emergence cases first a true health care provider,sure got me never thought I would get in but his office said get in here and will take care of you,just top service.
Nick – Dec 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Dr. Hemmer has done 2 of my children's tonsillectomies, nose ablation, daughter and husbands ear issues and will be fixing my sons broken nose. I trust his skills and knowledge. Dr Hemmer takes his time with you to explain the health issue at hand, listens and answers any questions. He is our forever ENT and the staff is super caring, nice and helpful.
May 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
My wife went with me and we both agreed that Dr. Hemmer & his staff should get at least 10 stars!
Apr 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Problem: serious sinus issues Short answer: outstanding physician! Long answer: I went to one Internist, who didn't do any exam and told me to use a Neti Pot. Another Internist looked in my ears and gave me a steroid spray. Needless to say, neither worked. I finally wised up and sought an ENT Specialist....Dr. Hemmer....hallelujah! He did a thorough exam, noted I had a wicked sinus infection, and gave me proper treatment, with long-term care solutions, and follow-up care. In 3 days, I felt gr
Apr 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
I have been able to get an appointment on short notice twice in the past two months. Waiting room time was reasonable. Was able to alleviate my problem.
Mar 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Severe hearing loss is a frustrating problem, to say the least. Thanks to Dr. Hemmer's skills, I not only can hear better, I also have gotten a handle on allergies affecting my nasal passages. His staff is kind and professional. I'm very grateful to Dr. Hemmer and also to his audiologist, Joe Pacer. Many thanks.
William Bower in North Aurora, IL, I – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Our experiences with Dr. Hemmer have always been EXCELLENT! He and ALL his staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. They genuinely care for their patients. The exams are thorough and Dr. Hemmer clearly explains everything in detail, before, during and afterward.We drive from Marengo to ensure we have the BEST care available! Having been patients for 15+ years, we won't go anywhere else.
Jeff and Tammy Klaus in Marengo, IL – Feb 05, 2019
Friendly, on time service
Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Hemmer for over 20 years. When my parents came to live with us I took my Dad to Dr. Hemmer for hearing aids and Dr. Hemmer treated my Dad with the utmost respect as he was 93. We can not give enough praise to Dr. Hemmer as we can always get in to see him and he always takes the time to listen to what ails us, then takes care of us. He deserves 6 stars.
Elgin, IL – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
He is a great doctor and doesn't rush you through the appt. More doctors should care as much as he does for his patients!
Theresa M. in Crystal Lake, IL – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Dr Hemmer has years of experience and is well qualified for all my hearing needs. He and his staff have taken good care of me and my family for many years and we have always been completely satisfied with the professional care we received.
Dec 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Dr. Hemmer is always very professional and has taken good care of me and my family through the years. He performed sinus surgery on me and improved my breathing and sense of smell. It is not difficult to get in to see him when I've had sinus infections and he always provides remedies that work. Have hearing aids and along with his audiogoly lab has always been helpful in prescribing the right equipment to maintain my level of hearing. Highly recommend Dr. Hemmer and his practice.
Tom Harder in Elgin – Nov 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Dr. Hemmer is always helpful and the office makes it a priority to see me right away when I have an emergency problem.
Melissa B in DeKalb, IL – Nov 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Dr. Hemmer is very gentle, caring, and thorough. He takes as much time as needed to listen and then explain possible procedures. Also, his staff is both helpful and amiable. When I have called with a question or concern, there has been a quick response from either Dr. Hemmer or a staff member. I highly recommend Dr. Hemmer.
Maureen Alexander in Elgin, IL – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Excellent place to go for your medical needs. The staff is very friendly and caring. Doctors Hemmer and Lochmueller are the best at analyzing your needs and helping you feel better. If you are in need of allergy shots, the allergy lab is very caring and flexible. (I have been a patient here since 2001.)
Cindy V in Hampshire , IL – Nov 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
Dr. Hemmer is excellent professional. He listens to your questions and provides answers while taking time to be sure you understand. I have been his patient for 32 years and appreciate the professional service he has provided to me and my family.
R Campbell in Elgin, IL – Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Hemmer. I saw Dr. Hemmer for possible hearing loss. I was having ringing in my ears. He discussed all my medication with me and some of the causes of ringing in my ears. I had an audio test and he explained everything in detail to me. I was very comfortable with him. He was very personable and took the time with me to help me understand the causes of the ringing in my ears. The staff was very polite the entire time from the call for appointment to the end.
Wayne S in IL – Nov 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Hemmer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hemmer?

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

1979
U Ill EE Infirm
1976
Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Medical Center Geary Campus
1975
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Does Dr. David Hemmer, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Hemmer has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. David Hemmer, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. David Hemmer, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Hemmer's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. David Hemmer, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Hemmer accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. David Hemmer, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Hemmer frequently treats Upper Respiratory Conditions and Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See all practice areas where Dr. Hemmer specializes.

Where is Dr. David Hemmer, MD's office located?

Dr. Hemmer's office is located at 2210 Dean St Ste L, Saint Charles, IL 60175. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. David Hemmer, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Hemmer

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Hemmer treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Hemmer treats other conditions, please contact the office at (630) 377-5000.

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Dr. Hemmer is experienced in the area of Upper Respiratory Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Normal
High
Very High

Otologic Conditions & Procedures

Otolgic care is s subspecialty of otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) that focuses on symptoms and conditions of the ear, including hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness and infections.Compare with other Otologic Conditions & Procedures specialists.

Dr. Hemmer is experienced in the area of Otologic Conditions & Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 20 conditions and procedures

• Acute Tonsillitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Pharynx Lesion
  • Excision or Destruction of Tongue Lesion
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss Due to Noise
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Oral and-or Facial Cleft
  • Oral Cancer
  • Orbital Fracture
  • Otitis Media
  • Otosclerosis
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Perforated Eardrum
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Peritonsillar Abscess
  • Salivary Gland Stones and Inflammation
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Hemmer accepts

Dr. Hemmer accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO
Priority Health
Priority PPO

Fox Valley Ear Nose & Throat Associates2210 Dean St Ste L Saint Charles, IL 60175

Fox Valley Ear Nose & Throat