Dermatology  |
Dr. David Hecker, MD
Dr. David Hecker, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Pompano Beach, FL. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Hecker is affiliated with Holy Cross Hospital and Palms West Hospital.

3500 NE 5th Ave

Pompano Beach, FL 33064

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Hecker

See how frequently Dr. Hecker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dermatitis
Rosacea
Adjacent Tissue Transfer

Dr. Hecker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• University Of Florida
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Hecker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hecker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hecker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hecker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hecker to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Hecker's Performance
Delray Beach, FL |
My son went to Dr. David Hecker to have a very flat mole on his forehead removed. He came home with a hole in the middle of his forehead. I've had moles removed by other doctors and they did much better jobs.
Delray Beach, FL |
I went to Dr. David Hecker to have a very thin mole on the center of my forehead removed. He removed it so quickly, without even making the slightest effort to do a clean job and cut it at the surface so there's very little scar. I now have a hole right smack in the middle of my forehead, I've had bigger and thicker moles removed in the past with other doctor's, and they did a much better job where I not only didn't have a hole after, but hardly any scar. I don't recommend him.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
The last few years I have been a patient of both doctor David Hecker and doctor Melanie Hecker. Both are very professionals, caring and know their expertise well. I have visited the Pompano Beach office for cosmetic and for health procedures. Recently I had a red rash appear from nowhere on my back, I called the office and they were able to see me right away. Doctor David prescribed a cream and the rash was gone in a few days. I alway have been very happy with the customer service provided by
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. David Hecker is amazing!! Phenomenal bedside manner combined with excellent diagnostic skills makes him #1!!! He actually cares. The staff is very professional. I have been a patient for years! You can not go wrong!! Highly recommend!!! Beautiful updated office as well:-)
Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. David Hecker is an excellent doctor who is caring and outstanding in his practice of dermatology. I would highly recommend him for any dermatology issues from something very minor to something intricate and complicated.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
DR. DAVID HECKER IS THE BEST THING HAPPEN TO ME.I KNOW THAT,HE HELPED ME WITH MY SICNESS WITH ANALYSIS PERFECT MI TRIEDMENT TO FALLOW. 6 MONTH LATER.HE GOT EVERYTHING ON THE CONTROL;-- SIRIOSIS --PROSES VERY LONG AND DELICATE PROSES,HE HAS GOOD INTENTIONS AT ALL THE TIME TO HELP ME AND GIVE ME.THE ORIENTION. I NEED,I SO GLAD CAME TO HE"S DERMATOLOGY CENTER.DR HEACHER.THANK TO YOU. FOR YOUR HELP YOU ARE THE BEST........................GOOD BLESSING YOU. MARIO EUGENIO JARQUIN.
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Hecker has been treating me for skin cancers since 2005 with great success. I highly recommend him. He is very professional and a master at diagnosis and all surgical procedures. When people need good Doctors they ask around. I have recommended Dr. Hecker to family and friends. That says it all!!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Office is clean; staff is friendly and helpful. Adequate parking at the office. Just off Sample Rd. Skin exam was thorough and pre-exam questions assisted in reminding me to inquire about a condition that had improved prior to appointment. No pressure to purchase anything in products or services that I didn't need (not always true among S.FL. dermatologists in my experience.), but there were a number of informational brochures and interactive wall-mounted information center available.
in Lighthouse point< Florida |
I have been seeing Dr. Hecker for several years. He is attentive and has an "excellent bedside manner". He has always practiced preventive medicine and I am convinced this has mitigated the need for further procedures. The one time something appeared on my skin between visits, he found it during a full body check. I did not even know it was there. He removed it and the biopsy showed that it was melanoma and that he had cleared it completely.
in Tamarac, FL |
Dr. David Hecker is an excellent physician both in his professional knowledge and skills, and in his excellent interpersonal skills. He and his fellow doctor, Melanie Hecker, have assembled an excellent group of staff in their clinic, with a modern, very pleasant and always spotless clinic facility. I am grateful to have found such a competent, personable and caring physician.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
very provessional talks so that you understands him explaines so that you under stands him and feel at ease
Port Saint Lucie, FL |
Fast service ! Dr Hecker was great was very educated on my issues and will see him and refer him to everyone
Thank you for your comment. I do pride myself on seeing patients efficiently and in a timely manner.
Boynton Beach, FL |
Went to three dermatologists and he is the only one that biopsied my skin, the other two Doctors just guessed at the problem.
Thank you for your comment. I feel that it is important to be accurate in making the proper diagnosis.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
This practice is horrific! I took my mother in for her procedure and they refused to allow me in the room with her, even after I explained she was a dementia patient and it was in everyone's best interest if I were in attendance. Needless to say, things did not end well. During the second visit, my mom ended up on the FLOOR because they did not help her off the exam table! For further details on this experience, please review my full posting on yelp and google. DO NOT USE THIS PRACTICE!
I'm sorry you had this experience. I can assure you this was a misunderstanding, and your mother was safe the entire time she was under our care. My nurse was trying to help your mother get out of the chair, but due to her dementia, she did not understand that the nurse was supporting her while asking her to stand up. Your mother misunderstood what the nurse was doing, and instead of standing up, she decided to purposely slide slowly down to the floor. She was not harmed in any way.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
First of all the office was dirty (floors) second the examination table/chair had duct tape on it. The doctor was very brief and communicated very little. He gave no instructions as to how to take care of the biopsy site. I was denied entry into the exam room to comfort my husband who was concerned about the possible cancer diagnosis. I was told that the exam room was too small for the both of us. Why was it big enough for first time we say that doctor. We will not be back!
I am so sorry you had this experience. We have since upgraded and greatly improved the appearance of the Boynton Beach office with brand new exam tables, full paint job, and numerous cosmetic repairs.
in Wellington, FL |
This doctor gave me incorrect information about medication. He would rather endanger his patients health than read the medical literature.
I am sorry you had this experience. I am a board certified dermatologist who prides himself on staying current with all the peer-reviewed journals. I make sure to practice extremely safe medicine. Perhaps this was a misunderstanding, and I hope you would give us another chance.
in Lighthouse Point, FL |
The Doctor did not, in my opinion, use due care when burning off some skin conditions. I was left with a dime sized, puss filled, hole in my leg for many weeks. When it finally healed I received a bill for the additional visits! I guess being a doctor with a practice, is much harder than it seems.
I am sorry you had this experience. We make sure to provide our patients with informed consent so they are aware of the risks and benefits of various dermatologic procedures. Additional visits were necessary to make sure the wound was healing, and oftentimes we are obligated under contract with insurance companies to charge for these additional visits. We hope you would give us a second chance.
Have you seen Dr. David Hecker, MD?

Visit Dr. Hecker