Dr. David Harries, MD

Dr. David Harries, MD

Pain Medicine  ·
Dr. David Harries, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Lexington, KY and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from Wales College Of Medicine, Biology, Life and Health Sciences, Cardiff University, School Of Medicine, Cardiff University in 1986 and specializes in pain medicine, interventional pain medicine, and more.Read his story

2408 Sir Barton Way Ste 125

Lexington, KY 40509

• American Republic
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Harries

See how frequently Dr. Harries performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Spondylosis

Dr. Harries's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Harries' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Harries "Dr. Harries is a 1986 graduate of the University of Wales College of Medicine in Great Britain. While in Great Britain he obtained extensive surgical experience particularly in Neurosurgery. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) (Glasgow). Dr. Harries also has a Masters in Pain from the University of Newcastle, Australia. After moving to the United States he completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at the University of Kentucky. He has subsequently worked in pain private practice in the Lexington area. Dr. Harries is Board Certified in PM&R and in Pain."

This content was provided by Dr. Harries "Lasting strategies for pain relief are not usually as simple as taking a pill, a methodical process is required. This requires a thorough clinical evaluation, review of tests and the customization of a treatment plan. No two patients are identical to the plan must fit the patient's needs.

Sadly drug abuse and "Pill Mill pain clinics" are widespread, We are a registered Kentucky Pain Clinic and try our best to help those with chronic pain;  we do however not tolerate drug abuse and are NOT a  "pill mill"! Our goal is to eliminate or dramatically reduce suffering while avoiding whenever possible the long term use of narcotic medications.

Typically we rely heavily upon interventional strategies using X-ray guided procedures. We believe that such treatment is more effective in the long term that long term narcotic therapy. While narcotics can be very effective in the short term they are more often than not ineffective as a long term strategy. We do prescribe narcotics in the short term while patients undergo investigations and treatments. When appropriate we do as a last resort maintain appropriate patients on narcotics long term."

• Pain Medicine

• Pain Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation*
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
    Accredited by: American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Wales College Of Medicine, Biology, Life and Health Sciences, Cardiff University, School Of Medicine, Cardiff University
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Royal College Of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Newastle Australia, Masters Pain Medicine
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Harries has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harries does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harries and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harries' Reviews

3.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harries to family and friends

Dr. Harries' Performance

Dr. Harries Says:
"

Our goal is long term pain relief while either avoiding or minimizing the use of addictive narcotic medications. Unfortunately my profile and that of many other good pain physicians is polluted by dishonest feedback from individuals who were legitimately denied narcotic medications.

We do not prescribe narcotics to the following:

1. Drug abusers
  2. Dishonest individuals faking illness
  3. Individuals
...

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Harries. He is direct, efficient and provided accurate information for me to make good health decisions. Since I was unfamiliar with back related situations and treatment options, I naturally have many questions. He and his staff have helped me through a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I was in a lot of pain and Dr Harries helped relieve it so I could go back to work. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I would like to take this opportunity to say that,in my opinion, that Dr. Harries is wonderful. He took his time and explained everything that he was doing. I really appreciate the time he spent with me.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Truly sad how Dr. Harries handled the situation with my Mom's appointment. They are the most unprofessional team I've ever spoken to. I work in the medical field and shocked how they spoke to me. Trying to help you and I got a "you can give it but Dr. Harries will not call the VA." I'll do you...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

A patient is the one who knows their pain best, I always want to hear the patient's view before that of a relative or another provider. This patient's daughter refused to accept this policy and argued with, and was abusive with my staff prior to her mother's initial appointment. I will not tolerate patients or relatives who are verbally abusive towards my staff. Our goal is to facilitate healing, effective care requires mutual respect.

This man has no regard for patient rights. He has no business working with humans. He is disrespectful, rude. I did everything he asked and rather than be grateful, he treated me as if I was some sort of lazy blob who deserved to be in pain. You cannot have a calm, rational conversation with...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Sadly HIPAA prevents us me from offering a patient specific response without the patient's consent. If the patient is prepared to wave her privacy rights I would be delighted to post a full and candid response