Pain Medicine  |
Dr. David Harries, MD
Dr. Harries is a 1986 graduate of the University of Wales College of Medicine in Great Britain. While in Great Britain he obtained extensive surgical experience particularly in Neurosurgery. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) (Glasgow). Dr. Harries also has a Masters in Pain from the University of Newcastle, Australia. After moving to the United States he completed a residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at the University of Kentucky. He has subsequently worked in pain private practice in the Lexington area. Dr. Harries is Board Certified in PM&R and in Pain.

2408 Sir Barton Way Ste 125

Lexington, KY 40509

• American Republic
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Harries

See how frequently Dr. Harries performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
high
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Osteoarthritis of Spine

Dr. Harries's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Harries "Lasting strategies for pain relief are not usually as simple as taking a pill, a methodical process is required. This requires a thorough clinical evaluation, review of tests and the customization of a treatment plan. No two patients are identical to the plan must fit the patient's needs.

Sadly drug abuse and "Pill Mill pain clinics" are widespread, We are a registered Kentucky Pain Clinic and try our best to help those with chronic pain;  we do however not tolerate drug abuse and are NOT a  "pill mill"! Our goal is to eliminate or dramatically reduce suffering while avoiding whenever possible the long term use of narcotic medications.

Typically we rely heavily upon interventional strategies using X-ray guided procedures. We believe that such treatment is more effective in the long term that long term narcotic therapy. While narcotics can be very effective in the short term they are more often than not ineffective as a long term strategy. We do prescribe narcotics in the short term while patients undergo investigations and treatments. When appropriate we do as a last resort maintain appropriate patients on narcotics long term."

• Pain Medicine

• Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Transforaminal Epidural Block
  • Vertebroplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Wales College Of Medicine, Biology, Life and Health Sciences, Cardiff University, School Of Medicine, Cardiff University
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Royal College Of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Newastle Australia, Masters Pain Medicine
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Harries has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Harries does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harries and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harries' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harries to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Harries Says:

Our goal is long term pain relief while either avoiding or minimizing the use of addictive narcotic medications. Unfortunately my profile and that of many other good pain physicians is polluted by dishonest feedback from individuals who were legitimately denied narcotic medications.

We do not prescribe narcotics to the following:

1. Drug abusers
  2. Dishonest individuals
  3. ...
Dr. Harries' Performance
in Versailles, KY |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Harries. He is direct, efficient and provided accurate information for me to make good health decisions. Since I was unfamiliar with back related situations and treatment options, I naturally have many questions. He and his staff have helped me through a very difficult herniated disc without dangerous, addictive pain medication. Thanks to you and your staff. I hope never to return. Should I have to, though, I know you will help me through it, again.
in Dover, KY |
I was in a lot of pain and Dr Harries helped relieve it so I could go back to work. I would highly recommend him and his staff.
in Catlin, IL |
I would like to take this opportunity to say that,in my opinion, that Dr. Harries is wonderful. He took his time and explained everything that he was doing. I really appreciate the time he spent with me.
Lexington, KY |
Truly sad how Dr. Harries handled the situation with my Mom's appointment. They are the most unprofessional team I've ever spoken to. I work in the medical field and shocked how they spoke to me. Trying to help you and I got a "you can give it but Dr. Harries will not call the VA." I'll do you a favor Dr. Harries, I will do my best to get you off the VA list and then you won't have to say the VA is a joke ever again. I'm sorry for the Vets who have been sent to you. You are the joke sir.
A patient is the one who knows their pain best, I always want to hear the patient's view before that of a relative or another provider. This patient's daughter refused to accept this policy and argued with, and was abusive with my staff prior to her mother's initial appointment. I will not tolerate patients or relatives who are verbally abusive towards my staff. Our goal is to facilitate healing, effective care requires mutual respect.
in Lexington, KY |
This man has no regard for patient rights. He has no business working with humans. He is disrespectful, rude. I did everything he asked and rather than be grateful, he treated me as if I was some sort of lazy blob who deserved to be in pain. You cannot have a calm, rational conversation with him. He will explode in anger, throwing his pen down and storm off. He will ignore you the whole time and then when you express any type of emotion, he gets angry. Seriously, he should be reported to
Sadly HIPAA prevents us me from offering a patient specific response without the patient's consent. If the patient is prepared to wave her privacy rights I would be delighted to post a full and candid response
in Winchester, KY |
I've been a patient of Dr. Harries since June of 2014. After a series of tests and procedures, I have gone from a very high dose of pain medication 4 times per day to the lowest dose, 1 time per day. Dr, Harries will be honest and straightforward with his patients, focusing on those who are in genuine pain, not those looking for a handout of pills. I have come to respect Dr. Harries very much.
in Georgetown ky |
I was touched by the compassion Dr. Harries had toward my husband. We had a bad experience with a drug and Dr. Harries helped my husband to get off this drug. We didn't realize the effect the drug had on us. Addiction is awful, we never want to let anything control our bodies ever again.
in Frankfort, KY |
I was referred to Dr. Harries for pain management in 2006 by a very competent specialist after I underwent surgery for a severe Lisfranc dislocation fracture. Dr. Harries was able to reduce my pain medication because of his extensive knowledge of studies in the treatment of RSD. He prescribed blood pressure patches to be applied externally to my foot, which increased the blood flow and decreased the neuropathic pain. He puts the welfare of his patients first, and I trust him with my care.
in Cynthiana, KY |
Dr. Harries is a very efficient Doctor who truly cares about his patients. He makes sure the patient is seen on time at each visit. He provides quality care and brings a level of knowledge to the table that makes me feel good about my visit. I have no doubt that I am receiving quality care and reliable information in relation to my condition. I have never had a bad experience in all the years I have been with Dr. Harries
Dr Harries is too the point. Always trying to help me with my concerns. Staff is kind, caring. Appts normally within 2weeks
in Lexington, KY |
I recently suffered a back injury in an auto accident. Dr. Harries was awesome, took time to explain my options and listened to my concerns. He worked with me to plan my care instead of ignoring my input. If you're a drug seeker go elsewhere, he honestly wants to help you with your suffering not fuel your addiction. I recommend Dr. Harries to anyone honestly seeking lasting relief and a return of their quality of life.
in Georgetown, KY |
I have been a patient of Dr Harries since the early part of 2000. He genuinely cared about my illness and took the time to answer all my questions and concerns. He has continued to impress me by wanting to address the root cause of my pain instead of throwing a bunch of pills at me. He has consistently treated me with respect and professionally for many years. I have recommended Dr Harries to family and friends as well. I will continue recommend him in the future.
in Maysville, KY |
Bringing my elderly mother to Hamburg Pain renewed my faith in the medical profession and their ability to diagnose and effectively treat chronic pain. Dr. Harries and his staff are compassionate and truly caring. They understand that chronic pain is complex and that multiple treatments may be necessary, and that quick fixes are not the solution. I would highly recommend Hamburg Pain to anyone suffering from chronic pain.
in Frankfort, KY |
Dr. Harries is a very good doctor. He has lots of knowledge. The office is very comfortable and you get in and out usually in less than 1/2 hour. I have to mention this, they have the most comfortable chairs of any place I have ever been. You are not in them long but you hate to get up after sitting down. I see Dr. Harries at the Lexington office. If you are simply shopping around for pills, this is not the doctor for you. Everything is completely above board so don't waste your or there time.
in Winchester ky |
Have been seeing him since 2008 and he knows his stuff. Would recommend him to anyone and I do alot. If your just looking for pills he is not the Dr to go see. If you want help with your pain he is the one. He will do everything he can to help you (Except throw pain meds at you). Have talked to many many people coming and going there over the years and it is amazing to hear all the people he has helped. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Have you seen Dr. David Harries, MD?

Visit Dr. Harries