Dr. David Hammond, MD

Dr. David Hammond, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. David Hammond, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Grand Rapids, MI. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 42 years. Read his story

1000 E Paris Ave SE Ste 214

Grand Rapids, MI 49546

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hammond

See how frequently Dr. Hammond performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Tinea Versicolor
Birthmark
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Dr. Hammond's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hammond's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hammond "Dr. Hammond is a dermatologist who is knowledgeable in the latest treatment protocols for skin diseases and conditions. Professional areas of interest include comprehensive acne treatments to minimize scarring, early skin cancer detection and treatments of rosacea, eczema and atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, vitiligo, warts, molluscum, skin allergies and rashes."

This content was provided by Dr. Hammond "Forefront Dermatology is committed to providing the most innovative, leading-edge and appropriate medical dermatology solutions for healthy and beautiful skin. Whether you're suffering from an unexplained chronic skin condition, are embarrassed by acne or want a thorough skin cancer screening, we help detect problems before they become critical, physically or emotionally, and treat all diseases involving the skin, hair and nails. Our patients come to us with medical problems they can see and feel. We respect their unique reactions to these conditions, and we understand the effect they have on their lives. We address each patient with empathy, and we design personalized treatment recommendations that respect the whole person, inside and out."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Birthmark
  • Hives
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Psoriasis

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Cancer Removal
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Olivet College
  • Mayo Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1980
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Other Education | Completed 1971

Dr. Hammond has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Dr. Hammond's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hammond to family and friends
Dr. Hammond's Performance
in MI |
Dr. Hammond is extremely knowledgeable and very thorough. He has excellent people skills and we were well cared for. We highly recommend him.
Hello Earning your 5 star rating is very much appreciated. Thank you.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Hammond is very thorough. He is also very kind and listens to what you have to say. I heartily recommend him.
Hello Earning your 5 star rating is very much appreciated. Thank you.
in Grant |
Hello Thank you for the 5 star rating. I appreciate it very much.
in Hastings MI |
Dr. Hammond is a wonderful caring Dr. Both myself and my wife really enjoy seeing him.
Hello Thank for you for the 5 star rating, positive feedback, and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr Hammond has been our dermatologist for 15 years. He is very professional and our family thinks that he awesome. We recommend all of friends and family to see Dr Hammond
in Kalamazoo, MI |
This was my first visit to Dr. Hammond's office. It was a very pleasant experience. I felt good about the appearance of the office, reception at the front desk, care given by the nurse and examination and feedback from Dr. Hammond. He's thorough, knowledgeable and relational. It was an excellent visit! I never felt rushed or anxious.
Hello Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
in Hudsonville, Mi |
Dr. Hammond is a wonderful physician and person. He is an excellent dermatologist and the most caring and personable Doctor I have ever experienced. His staff are professional, efficient, caring and personable as well. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Hammond to my closet family and friends.
Hello Thank for you for the 5 star rating and positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
Ada, MI |
Very thorough with explanation of condition as well as treatment. Feel like he cares about me the patient. Would definitely recommend and Continue to use him as necessary.
Hello Thank you for the 5 star rating. I appreciate it very much.
Ada, MI |
Outstanding expertise and very decisive. Very knowledgeable. Explains things very well.
in MI |
Dr. Hammond is a bright friendly and considerate physician. He takes the time required to give you his undecided attention. Sometimes this means you may have to wait for a little while but he is certainly worth waiting for. His Doctor/Patient relationship skills are absolutely wonderful.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
My experience was amazing and Dr. Hammond obviously is the best of the best,,,,,,
Hi Thank for you for the 5 star rating and positive feedback. I appreciate it very much.
in Shelby , Mich |
Dr Hammond and his staff were very good. They make you feel very comfortable and explain things very well. I appreciate everything they have done for me Thank you Mike
Hi Thank for you for the 5 star rating, positive feedback, and taking the time to leave a review. I appreciate it very much.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Hammond is kind, concerned and helpful.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I love this doctor. He still practices as much as he can in an old fashioned way (in other words, he has time for you and does not overschedule). He has treated me for the last 10 years or so on recommendation from my primary care physician and wow, did I get lucky.! I am so happy with his services and his office staff is exceptional as well. Everyone is happy: that has to tell you something! I
Ionia, MI |
Dr. Hammond is not one of those doctors who constantly has his hand on the doorknob. I find him to be chatty yet a good listener. He seems genuinely happy to see me and I have been very satisfied with the results in my treatment for actinic keratoses. When I have gone to other offices for dermatology I have found them to be pushy in trying to get me to try new things that upon further research are expensive and of questionable validity. I can always get in pretty quickly at his office.
in Grand rapids, MI |
My family has been patients of Dr. Hammond for a number of years. He is thorough, professional, kind and gentle. His staff is friendly. I would highly recommend you see him.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
He and his staff are very caring
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Hammond always takes the time to explain everything to you, while examining your skin.
Southfield, MI |
Dr. Hammond is a very caring professional doctor. His calming manner puts me at ease and he goes out of his way to be patient oriented.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Excellent care. Very likely to recommend to friends and family.
in Belding, Mi |
The staff and Dr Hammond very professional!!!
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Hammond is very gentle and kind. He is also a brilliant doctor -- patient and thoughtful as well as intelligent and thorough.
in Kent city, MI |
Dr. Hammond is a wonderful doctor and an excellent dermatologist. I have been a patient of his for almost 30 years and now I take my children to him.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr Hammond is a personal Dr and I like that. He takes time and give you personal care. Very nice personality and encourages you to call back if not satisfied or what he does doesn't seem to work. Not one to say this is it. Caring
Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
Smithfield, PA |
He is warm and friendly. He is thorough with an examination and explains his finding clearly in terms that I can understand. I have the utmost confidence in his professional knowledge and skills.
Thank you for the 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in Grand Rapids |
Dr. Hammond is wonderful! I went to him and he prescribed a treatment regimen that solved my issues. He explains very well, he's kind and patient.
Thank you for the positive feedback, 5 star rating and taking the time to post a review.
in Rockford MI |
Dr. Hammond is very caring and interested in his patients. This was my second experience with him. It had been about 3 years but he acted like he remembered me! It took about 3 weeks to get the appointment but it wasn't an urgent issue so that didn't at all bother me. The doctor was running about 15 minutes late. I learned he'd had some time off and this was his first day back in the office. So he had a very heavy patient load that day. No problem. Would definitely refer him to others.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Office staff very helpful with questions and keeping things running smoothly. Dr Hammond was on time, friendly, checking my skin and removing issues and spots of concern!
Eagle River, WI |
Extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. I could not have asked for a better experience.
in Allegan, MI |
Dr. Hammond has been my dermatologist for 25 years. You will not find a more experienced or more compassionate doctor. Every procedure that he has performed was explained in detail beforehand in a manner that was both informative and reassuring. I really cannot imagine working with a more competent specialist. In my book he's the best.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr Hammond is compassionate about his patients concerns. He is passionate in his field of dermatology. I wish I could have him for my primary care physician. I highly recommend Dr Hammond for all your skin care.
Grand Rapids, MI |
Pleasant. Understanding. Very easy to talk to and listens well. Both doctor and staff answer questions and give easy to follow and understand follow up care.
in Ada, MI |
We have been patients of Dr. Hammond for over 20 years. He is a phenomenal doctor. We find Dr. Hammond to be extremely caring and knowledgeable. He always takes time to answer our questions. I wouldn't trust anyone other then Dr. Hammond when it comes to dermatology. He's the BEST!
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Very personable and nice. Took all the time I needed, and explained everything as he went along.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Hammond never seems rushed, listens to your concerns, answers your questions and is easy to talk to.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Hammond is very caring, kind, and compassionate. His explanations are thorough and he listens to my questions and any concerns/worries I may have.
Dorr, Mi |
He is very kind and listened to my problems and we finally found a solution and the medication is working.
in Wayland, MI |
Dr. Hammond is an excellent doctor. He takes great care in the treatment of patient concerns. He is very thorough and brings considerable experience.
in Greenville, MI |
Dr. Hammond was caring, professional and thorough!!! When results came back he called to explaine them to me so I could understand and not over worry. I was so appreciative of his concern!!
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Very compassionate, took time to explain everything he saw
in Crystal, MI |
I would recommend Dr. Hammond as a dermatologist because his "bedside manner" is excellent, he is very thorough in his examinations and explains in words that a non-medical person can understand what the problem is and how to fix it.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I saw Dr Hammond within 10 minutes of my appointment. He was very informative as he did a head to toe scan for anything that he might be concerned about. Dr Hammond is very personable and takes time to talk to you before doing the scan. Makes you feel comfortable and at ease.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Hammond is by far the kindest man I've ever met. He took so much time to explain to me what was going on with my skin and even took the time to address my other skin-related concerns that were not the reason for the appointment. The nurse was also so kind and went above and beyond to help me.
Have you seen Dr. David Hammond, MD?

Visit Dr. Hammond

Dr. Hammond accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.