Dr. David Gross, MD

Psychiatry | Male

David A Gross MD 4600 Linton Blvd Ste 320 Delray Beach, FL 33445 Get Directions
Dr. David Gross, MD
Dr. David Gross, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Delray Beach, FL. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 44 years. Dr. Gross is affiliated with Boca Raton Regional Hospital.

Dr. Gross' Care Philosophy

I call my approach to my field MEDICAL PSYCHIATRY. The evaluation and treatment of psychiatric difficulties requires a medical model that involves a systematic approach. Biological, psychological and social factors must be considered as part of a holistic approach. Because I do not have primarily a psychotherapy practice I am able to see patients within 1 to 2 days of their contacting the office.

Dr. Gross' Experience

See how Dr. Gross' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gross

Dr. Gross accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Gross is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Gross has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gross' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gross to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Gross' Performance
in FL |
Dr. G has excellent credentials, however he is somewhat dismissive and minimized my daughter's panic attacks. This completely turned her off and she refuses to go back to him. His fees are extremely high and he does not take our (excellent) insurance plan. By far the highest cost psychiatrist we have ever seen in this area! He ignored our input and much of her history and put her on a drug that caused more harm than good. Needs to really listen to his patients & improve his communication skills.
in Ft Myers, FL |
Dr. Gross is a wonderful psychiatrist. He has a very calm and welcoming personality. He is able to address my psychological needs and issues with professionalism and knowledge. He is also very good about responding to an immediate need. I highly recommend Dr. Gross and trust him completely!
Boca Raton, FL |
Been seeing Dr Gross since 2000. He is fabulous, very smart, sincere, diagnoses accurately and makes adustment in meds. Accommodates family members. I have felt safe and more secure knowing he is available anytime. I trust him 100%.
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Gross takes his time to ask questions. He seems to listen and provide appropriate feedback. Dr. Gross is very knowledgeable and up to date on latest medications. The office is very friendly and efficient. they have always returned calls and provided info quickly.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I've been a patient of Dr. Gross for 10 years. He is professional, knowledgeable and caring. I'm blessed to have him as part of my medical health team!
Boca Raton, FL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Gross for seven years -- and he has helped me substantially in dealing with my bipolar disorder--- having placed me on several drugs which are particularly effective in preventing my large mood swings.
Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Gross it's very professional. He gives me the feeling that any issue can be overcome. I've already made great progress!
in boca raton |
Excellent doctor,very knowledgeable,friendly
Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Gross has been my Psychiatrist for twenty-four years. He is a brilliant clinician. When I have had to reach him in an emergency he has returned my call within ten minutes. He is empathic with a warm sense of humor.
in Boca Raton |
Dr. Gross is not only a top notch psychiatrist with an outstanding reputation but a wonderful human being. I have been under his care for 27 years and trust his expert advice. He takes into account your medical history to help shape his decisions on the best care for you.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Gross helped me find the right mixture of medications to keep me at a more balanced mental state. Him and his other staff have really helped me make a difference in my life and I would bet on it that they could do the same for anyone.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Great knowledge of anxiety disorders. Well read in current and past literature. Calm and reassuring . Efficient office . Knowledgeable of different therapies besides pharmaceutical. Receptive, calm attentive and positive physician . No insurance but well worth the value.
Ocean Ridge |
I highly recommend Dr Gross. He is extremely knowledgeable and a wonderful Dr
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Gross has been a blessing to our family after we endured the tragic death of our young son. Four years later, I can only say that his comprehensive treatment of my needs has been nothing short of miraculous. He is a warm, caring, and thoroughly qualified professional. His office staff is welcoming and professional.
Pompano Beach, FL |
I have only seen Dr. Gross twice, as I am in the initial stage of treatment. As indicated I believe he is a very good doctor and hope our results will be excellent.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I have tried for twenty-five years to get my anxiety/depression successfully treated. I've gone to therapy and tried many medications. Dr. Gross listened and heard me. I wasn't interested in therapy because after many years I knew I needed to find a medical answer. After several medications, we finally found my perfect match! I feel he trusted me to do the work I had to do to work along with the medication. I have never felt better. I trust Dr. Gross and respect his medical expertise.
Boca Raton, FL |
Dr Gross is extremely knowledgeable in bipolar depression. He's not only a great doctor, but one that really cares about his patient!!! His entire staff is sympathetic and do their utmost to help accommodate patients needs. When going through depression, etc, you can't ask for a more family like environment to support not only the patient, but the entire family .
in West Palm Beach, FL |
$550.00 for 40 minutes of time in 2014. Dr. Gross (maybe) scanned 15 year paper history of son w/ADHD, documented schizoid tendencies, auditory hallucinations, suicidal ideation and dismissively said he needed a life coach. - Good bye. Paid the $s and left. We left the office, got in the car, and both said - "What was that!?!" His name came up on Google so I believe this is a NE doctor who set up practice with past credentials for retirement. Patient involvement may be based on $$$$s.
Boynton Beach, FL |
Cares very much about his patients. Is not a drug pusher. Takes the time to learn the history of the patient.
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
I booked appt. based on his reputation. I had to wait 3 weeks to get in. My evaluation started about 20 minutes late. This is an expensive private pay doctor, so I certainly expected timely service. Doctor Gross was knowledgeable but just seemed like he was just going through a rehearsed dialogue. The front desk woman at check out was confused and overwhelmed and ran my credit card for the wrong amount. I was told to come back in 3 weeks, but I never went back.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Extremely rude doctor and staff. Terrible terrible terrible. Did not help me with my condition at all. Do not waste your time or money. Does not listen to a single word you say and does not try to help. The worse psych Doctor EVER.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I've seen Dr.Gross for 4 years & he has always been there for me..& the best front office...
in boynton beach, fl |
His ability to diagnosis and find remedies is outstanding. Very kind and caring.
Boca Raton, FL |
Terrible attitude. Just cares about getting paid. Disorganized. Awful bedside manner. Prescribed wrong meds for months. Doesnt listen, just writes. Takes staff numerous calls to get scripts called in correctly. Repeatedly used incorrect patient chart from other patient with same name who is 15 years younger than me. Pompous and arrogant. One staff member is lazy and incompetent. When i had questions about when to take medicine, Gross arrogantly said we are done, please leave now.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have never once had this doctor follow up with me. He put me on two different meds that didn't work and actually caused horrible problems in my relationships due to my reactions on this med, no follow up. He stopped my medication, no follow up. When I have missed appointments, no follow up. Ive actually been reprimanded for missing appointments due to work related issues and traffic.
Have you seen Dr. David Gross, MD?
Are you Dr. Gross?

Compare Dr. Gross

Dr. Gross' Care Philosophy

Dr. Gross' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

• Has been elected to TOP DOCTORS category since 1998., 1998 to pr

Dr. Gross has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gross' Board Certifications

• Bipolar Disorder
  • Mood Disorders
  • Neuropsychiatric Illness
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

University Of Florida

Graduated in 1973

Yale New Haven

Completed in 1976

Dr. Gross does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gross and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry