Dr. David Grischkan, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 73

Dr. Grischkan

Hernia Center Of Ohio

24025 Commerce Park Beachwood, OH 44122

Dr. David Grischkan, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Beachwood, OH and has over 48 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from McGill U, Fac Med medical school in 1974. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Grischkan to book an appointment.

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Grischkan with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at Cleveland Clinic.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Cleveland Clinic.

Dr. Grischkan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Grischkan

8.19672131147541%

Dr. Grischkan

Dr. Grischkan performed double belly button hernia surgery on me, four days later I was comfortably working out and going about my daily business. I had minimal to no pain the entire time after my surgery and needed zero pain medicine. Everything about Dr. Grischkan - his surgical procedures, team, operating facility... is first class. I recommend anyone I know needing of a hernia surgery to Dr. Grischkan, we are lucky to have him.
Loreto Iafelice Jr. – Jan 27, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Pre-Op meeting went smooth. Operation Day I was in at 10am and heading home by 2pm walking out the door. Highly recommended if you desire a non-Mesh procedure. Dr. Grischkan is the best!!!
P Merkel – Jan 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Much appreciation to Dr. Grischkan and staff for the very professional care given to his patients. I waited many years (I would now highly recommend having hernia repair ASAP) to have hernia surgery…praise God for leading me to Dr. Grischkan’s hernia repair technique! Dr. Grischkan thoroughly explained what his expectations were for my surgery. I had no complications during surgery or recovery. I’m grateful for the therapies that provided help for healing. Very few USA physicians perform mesh-less hernia surgeries and I’m thankful for Dr. Grischkan’s perseverance and skill.
CB – Jan 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan took his time to explained the procedure, and repaired my hernia without using mesh. The recovery was quick, and I'm back to doing everything I use to do before the injury. All the staff were informative and friendly.
Dec 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan clearly explained the procedure and also what needed to be done during the recovery process. His knowledge on hernias is far greater than the medical providers where I reside; hence, the reason for traveling out of town for this procedure.
Nov 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Inguinal hernia. Dr. Grichkan's diagnosis and repair were spot on. No mesh needed. Recovery is proceeding as expected. I followed his suggested recovery plan, and was pleased with how quickly I started coming up to speed. He and his staff answered any and all questions I could throw their way before and after the surgery. I highly recommend him.
Oct 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan was very professional along with his office and surgical staff. Dr. G explained the procedure, answering all my questions. My surgery was practically painless and recovery time was extremely quick. I was back walking 4 miles a day on the fourth day after surgery . . . . no pain, no discomfort. If you need hernia surgery contact Dr. Grischkan. He is the BEST!!!!!!
Marilyn S. – Oct 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
EXTREAMLY IMPRESSED FROM START TO FINISH. Dr. Grischkan was just fantastic, as well as his staff and facility. I had a very large and difficult umbilical hernia that I had learned to live with for a long time. I remember going into the operating room, saying hello to everyone, and the next thing I know I woke up in the recovery. Just could not have been better. The results were phenomenal, and I never experienced any pain or discomfort. I only took 2 Advil in the 24 hrs after the surgery. If your thinking of having surgery to fix a hernia, I would recommend Dr. Grischkan and The Hernia Center of Ohio 1000%, without hesitation. The staff were great, friendly, attentive, and provided all the pertinent information in a very professional manner. Facility was very nice and very clean. I cannot think of enough nice things to say about Dr. Grischkan himself. Really a remarkable person in every way. Its only been 8 days and I'm just sorry I did not find this Dr. a long time ago.
Robert C – Oct 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. G took the time to call me personally and explain his procedure. He is timely, and explains his technique well. Surgery went well and recovery very good.
L. Fink – Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I had being dealing with an umbilical hernia for about 15 years. I began to notice some pain and the area of the hernia continued to grow. I researched physicians in my area that specialized in hernia repairs. Dr. Grischkan's web site stated that his method of repairs would have me back on my feet within a few days. I am a firefighter and was hoping not to have considerable down time. Dr. Grischkan uses sedative anesthesia and woke right up after the procedure with no residual anesthetic effects. Dr. Grischkan has you walking on the day of the procedure for 2 hours and then up to 4 hours for the next 4 days. I was able to meet those requirements and felt GREAT! I did not need any pain medication (including over the counter). If you visit the site, it explains the procedures and expectations. I can attest that all of the information is true. I had the procedure on Thursday and was back to work on Monday.
Jun 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Insread of sutures, and to obviosly save time, Dr Grischkan used stainless steel staples. He was like a kid with a new toy. I know can feel about 20 staples (10 on each side of my abdomen) that have developed scar tissue. After 3 failed herna surgeries by Dr Grischkan, I now need a 4th hernia surgery and probably even a 5th. Dr. Grischkan is neither skilled nor honest with his patients. I suggest avoiding this surgeon like the plague.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan and his staff are highly skilled and professional. I was treated as a patient, not a number or "case." My condition was complicated and I put off seeking care because of the complicated medical and social environment we are all enduring. I always felt safe and well cared for. My quality of life is now infinitely better after Dr. Grischkan's surgery.
Susan Crawford – May 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I had right side Hernia repaired March 4,2021 everything went the way he said it would. I was back to work in a week with little pain .Dr Grischkan repaired the left side 25 years age it is still as strong as it was when he did it. The best thing is no mesh in ether one.
Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I had a complex inguinal hernia. The complexity was resulted from the presence of tubing and reservoir for Penile implant. Dr GRISCHKAN magically repaired the large hernia on 2-18-21 without using mesh. I strongly recommend him if you need help for hernia repair.
Andrew Barr – Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Very professional, no nonsense environment and great surgical outcome. I would highly suggest going to see Dr. G if you have a hernia.
Dan O – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Very personal, professional and knowledgeable for hernia surgery.
Gregory Landi – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Well for starters I had no intentions of writing this. Unfortunately I will, this is because it has been a while and I'm still not feeling superb. On 5/7/2020 I had surgery for a hernia. I had quite a significant amount of pain afterwards. I'm my opinion it was more than expected/described. The down time from the procedure was signifcant especially in comparison to the quick healing that was discussed. My incision did not close up well at all. Currently there is still (very minor) discomfort in general area and one spot of the incision scar is still quite bothersome. I sent him a letter with the full check for services. I stated I thought they should have discounted the bill since to me it seems mistakes were made. At minimum things werent described very accurately to me, but hey whats done is done. Now other patients can hear this experience and decide. I will say I know someone else who used Dr. Grischkan and had an outstanding experience. Unfortunately, that was not the case for me.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Kyle D. – Dec 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I had a great experience with my surgery ,faster recovery than the last DR. and less pain...
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Honestly, if you need Hernia surgery, go to Dr. David Grischkam. I have never recommended any Dr. or Surgeon before but this is a no brainer. I had Hernia mesh plug and patch surgery done 17 yrs. ago and have had pain the entire time. The burning got so bad I had to do something. I went to a very large well known hospital and they told me the surgery was too risky and may have real complications that would scare anyone. I found Dr. David Grischkan and he was positive that he could remove my mesh and fix my pain without any complications. Thank-God I found him as I can go on living my life pain free.
David C. – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
What I went through back in 2012 during my first inguinal hernia repair was not only terribly painful but also debilitating for several months after the surgery. Not unlike some of you right now, I was determined to do my best to find the best surgeon I could possibly find to try and eliminate this problem from happening a 3rd time. After countless hours of research I finally made a call to the Hernia Center of Ohio to set up a consultation with Dr. Grischkan. To say I made the right decision would be an understatement. Dr. Grischkan, his staff and the facilities were all top notch! He and his staff are very kind and make you feel at ease every step of the way. My surgery went great and I had very little pain afterward. In fact, I told Dr. Grischkan when he called to check up on me the following week (how many surgeons do you know that do that!) that my inguinal area felt stronger after 1 week then it had the last 8 years. Dr. G is a class act! If you have a hernia give him a call.
Shawn – Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Grischkan?
Provider explaining information to patient