Dr. David Grischkan, MD
Contact provider for availability

Dr. David Grischkan, MD

General Surgery | Male

Hernia Center Of Ohio 24025 Commerce Park Beachwood, OH 44122 Get Directions

Dr. David Grischkan, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Beachwood, OH. He is 68 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Dr. Grischkan is affiliated with Hillcrest Hospital.

Dr. Grischkan's Experience

See how Dr. Grischkan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Grischkan

Dr. Grischkan accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Grischkan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Grischkan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Grischkan to family and friends
Dr. Grischkan's Performance
in Twinsburg, OH |
I had a right inguinal hernia repair in 2009. I did all of my research, looking at techniques, materials, recovery rates and failure rates. Only Dr. Grischkan's Modified Shouldice Technique checked all of the boxes. No mesh, only the top-rated surgical Gore-Tex patch. Sworn testimonials for 2 to 4 days of post-op recovery. No reports of failures; only praise from people who had their failures corrected.. My outcome was so great, I had him fix the other side 2 weeks ago. Another Success!
in Independence, OH |
I highly recommend Dr. Grischkan for hernia surgery. Having researched various techniques, his Modified Shouldice approach is the best. The surgery went well as expected. The combination of IV/local anesthesia is wonderful. There is no post-anesthesia nausea or "hangover". No prescription pain medication was needed; I took ibuprofen for two days to reduce inflammation and minor discomfort. I suggest that anyone facing hernia surgery consult Dr. Grischkan before committing to a procedure.
in Westlake`, Ohio |
Dr. Grischkan was methodical in his approach to correct my hernia. After one day I was walking my dog un assisted and had little to no pain from the procedure. His office staff was extremely professional, and fees were reasonable for surgery performed.
in Conroe, TX |
Great experience. He is the best for hernia surgery.
in Meadville, PA |
Was recommended to Dr. Grischkan by a friend. Had a hernia repaired ten years ago. The results achieved by Dr. Grischkan were much more favorable than my earlier experience. I was able to resume daily activities three days post op. Have no reservations recommending Dr. Grischkan.
Younsgtown, Oh |
Just wish I would have went to Dr. Grischkan first. He repaired what my original surgeon butchered over 4 years ago. Dr. and staff are professional with the patients comfort as the primary concern. 3 months post surgery and I'm feeling good about it. Cost was almost exactly what Dr. Grischkan told me it would be. No surprises.
in Elmira, NY |
I had initial hernia surgery in NYS and subsequently experienced nerve pain for 13 months. I was referred to Dr. Grischkan because of his reputation for excellence. In my initial consultation visit he went to great lengths to diagnose my issue and provide an explanation for my resolution. I subsequently had a very complicated surgery that has resulted in the elimination of my pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Grischkan for any hernia related surgeries.
in East Palestine, Ohio |
I have had two hernia's, one on each side of my groin, and from each surgery I was back to work in two weeks! And No complications! Dr. Grischkan did a great job! Highly recommend him!
in Chesterland, OH |
I know four individuals who have had hernia repairs with Dr. Grischkan. They highly recommended him for his knowledge, expertise, surgical skill and technique. I found his staff to be very helpful with needed information. Dr. Grischkan took time to explain exactly what would be done to repair my hernia. As the others had done, I followed Dr. Grischkan's post surgery instructions and was back to my work routine in 3 days. There were no surprises. I couldn't be more pleased with the results.
in wheeling wv |
Great surgen no pain great technique
in Youngstown, OH |
Nothing but accolades! Dr. Grischkan is a wonderfully attentive and knowledgeable surgeon. I have had several surgeries with the Doctor and all have been exactly as promised. His ?bedside manner? is like none other. Also the staff is all great, they always have a smile and are willing to help at any cost. Everytime I go to the office I always feel welcomed and leave confident that I have made the right choice. I WILL NEVER goto another surgeon for ANY type of hernia.
Brunswick, OH |
After 2 months of intense pain and every test imaginable I was referred to Dr. Grischkan by my chiropractor. Within 2 minutes he gave me a diagnosis, saying how hard hernias are to diagnose in women and explained his procedures. Surgery was 2 weeks later. I only needed one pain pill and played my trombone in a concert 3 days after surgery. After my follow-up appointment I was cleared to do any activities I wish including weight training and planks. Thank you for giving me my health back, Dr. G!
in Mentor, OH |
Dr. Grischkan is experienced, sympathetic and provides great service. His level of urgency in communicating a problem and his knowledge of the entire situation was outstanding. I would highly recommend him. He is personable and answered all my questions.
New York, NY |
I had abdominal surgery 5 years ago. Last tear I noticed a small lump protruding from the incision in my upper abdomen. Within months the lump grew very large. I visited a surgeon who wanted to do laproscopic surgery with a 6 week recouperation period. After talking with 2 people who had surgery with Dr Grischkan , I went to him for a consultation. He took the time to explain everything to me. I had the surgery on Thursday and was up and moving on Friday with little pain, back to work in a week.
in Avon Lake, OH |
Thanks to a friend who insisted that I speak with Dr. Girschkan I went for a consultation. After quickly learning all the horror stories of thousands of bad mesh surgeries, was convinced this is an important decision. I went to a second opinion at the clinic and was stunned at the different and inconsistent treatments. Dr. Grischkan is an absolute expert in this and I went to him for my inguinal hernia. I believed so much in him that I personally paid out of pocket for the entire surgery because
Have you seen Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Are you Dr. Grischkan?

Compare Dr. Grischkan

}

Dr. Grischkan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Grischkan has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Grischkan's Board Certifications

Cleveland Clinic Foundation

Completed in 1979

McGill U Hosp

Completed in 1976

Dr. Grischkan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Grischkan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery