Dr. David Grischkan, MD

General SurgeryMaleAge 72

Dr. Grischkan

Hernia Center Of Ohio

24025 Commerce Park Beachwood, OH 44122

Dr. David Grischkan, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Beachwood, OH and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from McGill U, Fac Med medical school in 1974. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Grischkan to book an appointment.

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Grischkan with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at Lake Health.

Make an appointment at Lake Health today at (440) 373-4495.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Lake Health.

Dr. Grischkan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Grischkan

Dr. Grischkan?
  • Office environment (93)
  • Staff friendliness (93)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (92)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (7)
Very professional, no nonsense environment and great surgical outcome. I would highly suggest going to see Dr. G if you have a hernia.
Dan O – Jan 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Very personal, professional and knowledgeable for hernia surgery.
Gregory Landi – Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Well for starters I had no intentions of writing this. Unfortunately I will, this is because it has been a while and I'm still not feeling superb. On 5/7/2020 I had surgery for a hernia. I had quite a significant amount of pain afterwards. I'm my opinion it was more than expected/described. The down time from the procedure was signifcant especially in comparison to the quick healing that was discussed. My incision did not close up well at all. Currently there is still (very minor) discomfort in general area and one spot of the incision scar is still quite bothersome. I sent him a letter with the full check for services. I stated I thought they should have discounted the bill since to me it seems mistakes were made. At minimum things werent described very accurately to me, but hey whats done is done. Now other patients can hear this experience and decide. I will say I know someone else who used Dr. Grischkan and had an outstanding experience. Unfortunately, that was not the case for me.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Kyle D. – Dec 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I was having so much pain because of my umbilical hernia but was so scared to go through the surgery to fix it. My close friend referred me to Dr. Grischkan and after meeting with him and staff I was no longer scared. I felt a sense of hope! His confidence regarding the general hernia repair and quickness of the recovery truly inspired me to want to get this taken care of soon as possible and they did just that. Their office was able to get my surgery scheduled for the next day. Not only was Dr. Grischkan FANASTIC but his team was too! I highly recommend him to anyone that needs a hernia repair. Hands down one of the best doctor's offices I've ever been to!
Christina Zart – Oct 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I had a great experience with my surgery ,faster recovery than the last DR. and less pain...
Jul 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Honestly, if you need Hernia surgery, go to Dr. David Grischkam. I have never recommended any Dr. or Surgeon before but this is a no brainer. I had Hernia mesh plug and patch surgery done 17 yrs. ago and have had pain the entire time. The burning got so bad I had to do something. I went to a very large well known hospital and they told me the surgery was too risky and may have real complications that would scare anyone. I found Dr. David Grischkan and he was positive that he could remove my mesh and fix my pain without any complications. Thank-God I found him as I can go on living my life pain free.
David C. – Jun 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
What I went through back in 2012 during my first inguinal hernia repair was not only terribly painful but also debilitating for several months after the surgery. Not unlike some of you right now, I was determined to do my best to find the best surgeon I could possibly find to try and eliminate this problem from happening a 3rd time. After countless hours of research I finally made a call to the Hernia Center of Ohio to set up a consultation with Dr. Grischkan. To say I made the right decision would be an understatement. Dr. Grischkan, his staff and the facilities were all top notch! He and his staff are very kind and make you feel at ease every step of the way. My surgery went great and I had very little pain afterward. In fact, I told Dr. Grischkan when he called to check up on me the following week (how many surgeons do you know that do that!) that my inguinal area felt stronger after 1 week then it had the last 8 years. Dr. G is a class act! If you have a hernia give him a call.
Shawn – Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr Grischkan is great at what he does and office ladies are wonderful!! He was clear and up front, answered all my questions. A Dr. before him wanted to do surgery with mesh and 4 to 6 weeks for recovery. Ouch, I was uneasy with that, I did not want mesh plus miss that much work. With Dr. Grischkan I was at peace, no mesh and back to work in a week!! He fixed 2 hernias for me and I'm doing great!! In my opinion he's the best!!!
Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Fantastic work!! Back in the gym the very next day working at 80% levels and 100% a week later
Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I had surgery for bilateral mesh removal done by Dr. Grischkan. My experience with Dr. Grischkan has been positive. He is very willing to take the time to answer any questions you have and talked through surgery with me. There were no issues with the surgery. He was able to remove some of the mesh but not all because of its proximity to the bladder. I'm still recovering but not yet pain free (if that is possible) 3 months post operation. I am back to my normal daily activities and have started to reintroduce crossfit style workouts (light weight) into my exercise routine. The office staff are very good. It was easy to make an appointment and schedule surgery.
Robert – Jan 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan by far was exceptional. He explained everything I needed to know in detail during consultation. His staff before & after my surgery were great. Made sure I was comfortable & took care of all my needs. My surgery went well & I was up walking the very next day. With very minimal pain. I highly recommend him ...
Jan 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Professional doctor and staff. Listened to our questions and answered them completely. While my procedure was a little complicated, Dr. Grischkan eased any concerns that my wife and I had. The bottom line. He explained what he was going to do. He did what he said. I was back to normal activities in a week.
Dave – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Very good patient experience. The surgery went as planned and I was back on my feet that same afternoon!
DPP – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Excellent staff first one done 3/2016 the right side done 10/19 done just do what they say post op walk is very imp. Mimimal done time everything in one building now
Jss2 in wheeling, WV – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I took my son there years ago for a $50.00 hernia consultation. The front desk women were rude and obviously trained to get money. He said my son had a double hernia and needed surgery. Then billed me $300. for the visit which was not agreed upon. I went for a 2nd option to Akron Childrens hernia specialist. They could not find ANY hernia's. Stated it was a pulled groin that needs to heal. This man wanted to perform surgery on a child that DID NOT NEED SURGERY. He is disgusting and creepy. And the addition bill for the consultation is still on my credit report. I honestly should have hired an attorney.
MRF – Oct 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Excellent Doctor..Surgeon. Absolutely love this man..
Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Efficient diagnosis and surgery. Top Rate surgeon and a staff that compliments his expertise. Healed beautifully with very little pain and very quickly. Never restricted my strenuous activities at all, after first day. He was very pleased with how site looked on both follow up visits. I've been recommending him to anyone I talk to about it.
Ron Dumperth – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I received a bill after my first office visit for a $300 for a 45 minute visit. I was only seen for 20 minutes. After calling the office and speaking with the staff, they could not tell me which CPT code was used on my bill. They said the CPT used has a range from 20 - 45 minutes when coding, which is incorrect. Then said they would have the doctor call me. When the doctor called he was rude and said he would treat the visit like I was never there and send notes on to future doctors telling them that I time my office visits. I am glad I found out before I let him perform my surgery what type of person he really is.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
He is excellent, very personable and surgery went better that I could have imagined. Would recommend him to anyone considering a hernia operarion.
B.Rudge – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan is a blessing from God!! He is completely professional in all that he does. His entire staff and associates are truly phenomenal in their fields and I sincerely felt secure from start to finish!! My experience with Dr. Grischkan and his team actually proved to me that there is still a CARE in healthcare. Thank you Dr. Grischkan and your EXCELLENT team!! God bless you all!!! I definitely HIGHLY recommend him to all who have hernias!!
Jeff W. – Aug 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Grischkan?

• General Surgery