Contact provider for availability

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 70

Dr. Grischkan

Hernia Center Of Ohio

24025 Commerce Park Beachwood, OH 44122

Dr. David Grischkan, MD is a general surgery specialist in Beachwood, OH and has been practicing for 40 years. He graduated from McGill U, Fac Med in 1974 and specializes in general surgery.

Dr. Grischkan accepts

Dr. Grischkan accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Grischkan's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Inguinal Hernia
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Lipomas
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Stomach Diseases

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Grischkan

Dr. Grischkan?
Dr. Grischkan's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Grischkan, MD
This is a response to the incorrect information posted by the dr's staff. It is the only post I have on health grades, so the other negative reviews are from others. At no time after my surgery did I have a phone conversation with the Dr. I was in his office a week after my repair with incredible pain. There was never a time when I felt the procedure was a success. At no time did I ask for or even mention narcotics. I did ask why I was in such incredible pain. The response was "you're in the 5-10% that don't get the desired result", no other possible reason was given. I received follow up care with another provider who treated me for neuralgia. The assumption being my genital-femoral nerve was damaged. No narcotics or opioids were sought or used for the follow up care. I find the posting of false information and the accusation that patients are drug seeking by Daves staff very unprofessional and insulting. The fact that his staff have made multiple 5 star ratings is dishonest.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
The negative comment below is the third posting by the same drug seeking patient according to Dr. Grischkan. When I asked about this, Dr. Grischkan explained that this patient actually did well after surgery, but in a follow-up phone conversation, the patient had a multitude of complaints and felt additional narcotic medications were warranted. When the doctor asked him to return for an exam, the patient refused, became abusive and rude, prompting a discussion about respect. The doctor feels that mental health therapy not narcotics is needed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I had 2 separate surgeries to repair double inguinal hernias in my groin area. They had been noticeable for over 5 years. Dr. Grischkan had amazing bedside manner and explained everything in detail making sure I was comfortable with plans and backup plans. I did not want mesh repair, but there was a chance that mesh could be required due to size of hernias. He was able to repair both my hernias without using any mesh. The procedure and recovery were faster than expected due to their amazing r
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan is the best hernia surgeon! It took months of research to find him, and I'm glad I did the research. The results I got from my complicated double hernia repair surgery to remove old hernia mesh was stellar! After 12 years of pain, I now have no pain at all. I HIGHLY recommend him for your hernia surgery. There is no one better. Even after 1 year after surgery with Dr. Grischkan, I am still in awe of his expertise!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan is absolutely fantastic surgeon. With two hernias, he was very honest in discussing the optimal approach for both of them. After the surgery on the first, which proved worse than expected, I was walking the same day, back at work in two days, and back to normal activity and working out in 4 days. Why would you want to have lapriscopic surgery and be out for 3-6 weeks? Dr. Grischkan's procedure was amazing and I'm grateful to be back to normal so quickly!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I first arrived at the Hernia Center for a consultation on 2/6/19. Dr. Grischkan identified a hernia on my right side. On 2/14/19 (8 days later) I went in for surgery @ 7:00a and was back home by 9:30a. On Monday 2/21/19 I was back to work with very minimum soreness. This has been the easiest experience and would definitely recommend him and his staff to anyone. Thank you for a job well done!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Same mesh was reused . We wanted it remived or a new one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Awful. I went in to get looked at for a hernia recurrence. I went and got a second opinion elsewhere. No surgery right away. They did not bill me for 3 months. They did send me two bills 2 days apart after 3 mo.claiming I was late on payment. The bill simply stated $300.00. I mailed them a letter stating I do not pay random bills. They turned me into collections and submitted to my ins. co which is in violation of their contract. I paid the 240 the ins co allowed & they told me too bad so sad!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I've been to Dr. Grischkan three times over the past 15 years for hernia repairs. Before my first repair in 2002, I went to a general surgeon for a comparative consultation. No comparison. After Dr. Grischkan performed that repair and the next two, I was back in the gym three days later lifting weights and one week later golfing. I recommend him to everyone and would put a sixth star on my review. He's concise, caring, and highly skilled.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Do NOT believe this negative comment below. I have been a patient of Dr. Grischkan for over 25 years and found him to be one of the most honest and caring surgeons. When I asked him about this insulting review, the doctor stated he will not give in to patients demanding unlimited narcotic pills after surgery in spite of threats to post bad reviews on the web. Way to go-need more doctors like him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
The comment below, according to Dr. Grischkan, is nothing more than a drug seeking patient who was correctly denied additional narcotic pills. I have been a patient of the doctor for over 25 years and have high regard for his integrity and honesty. During my recent office checkup, he indicated that if you come to the Hernia Center looking for endless supplies of narcotic prescriptions you have come to the wrong clinic. He highly recommended mental health therapy for this individual.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Grischkan is a horrible surgeon and an even worse person. He lied to my husband and did completely unnecessary surgery. He then refused to tell my husband what happened during surgery. The surgery center he uses is a sham. No one should have their toenails clipped in that unprofessional of a place, much less surgery. His incompetence has changed our lives forever. Don't ever go to this man if you value your health
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I was very impressed by doctor Grischkan at what an amazing job he did on my double hernia. I had my operation on Thursday and was back to work by Tuesday. I actually could've went back to work sooner . Great doctor and staff . Don B
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Excellent doctor with excellent results. I have already recommended him to my own patients. If you want your hernia fixed the right way, the first and only time, he is the doctor of choice. I missed 1 day of seeing my own patients and was back to normal life in a very short time. Don't settle for good when you can have excellent when it comes to your health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I had my Umbelical hernia for about a year and a half, before deciding to get it repaired. Went to see Dr. Grischkan, and he got me in for surgery the following week. The surgery was quick and painless. A week later I went on a 1500 mile motorcycle trip. I would highly recommend Dr. Grischkan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Live your life. That's what I am doing after having both the left & right sides done (not at the same time). Dr. Grischkan is excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
dr grischkan is a excellent docter who I would recommend to anybody who needed hernia surgery
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
I am outraged by Mr. DiPietro’s posting below. As a prior patient, I have found Dr. Grischkan to be honest, caring and trustworthy. Since when does a patient blame the doctor for a cancer arising 15 years after hernia surgery in a totally different site. Interestingly, Dr. Grischkan also shared a letter with me from Mr. DiPietro's lawyer requesting help to sue the original hernia surgeon, which the doctor declined. Shame on you Mr. DiPietro for being so vengeful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
As a former patient now with a new hernia, I needed clarification of the suspect allegations posted by John DiPietro. Dr. Grischkan shared a letter from Mr. DiPietro 6 months after surgery stating.. you were kind, understanding and caring.. your ethics and morals renewed my faith in medicine. Another document from Mr. DiPietro's attorney to Dr. Grischkan requesting help suing the first surgeon was turned down. The obvious explanation! So who is the liar?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Grischkan, MD?
Dr. Griscken is a liar and a horrible human being. If you are told he can fix a bad hernia surgery, don't walk run. He ruined my life. He tried to hide the gangrene and disfunction he caused in my life. It led to stage four testicular cancer. I lost my jobs, my Family, and any chance at a normal life. He would take no responsibility. He would make we wait months to follow up. Then, the night before my appointments, his office manager would call and say, "sorry he's in Europe". More lies!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Grischkan?

Compare Providers