Dr. David Greg Anderson, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. David Greg Anderson, MD
Dr. Anderson is a board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon with fellowship training in spinal surgery. He specializes in minimally invasive approaches to spinal surgery. Dr. Anderson holds the academic title of Professor in the Departments of Orthopaedic and Neurological Surgery at Thomas Jefferson University and is the Clinical Director of the Spine Section of the Orthopaedic Research Laboratory. He completed his residency training at the University of California in Irvine and his fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University. Prior to joining the Rothman Institute, he has served as the Chief of Orthopaedics at the Langley Air Force Base and Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia. He is currently the President of the Society of Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery and active in the Cervical Spine Research Society, Scoliosis Research Society and the North American Spine Society.

Dr. Anderson's Experience

See how Dr. Anderson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Anderson

Dr. Anderson accepts 13 insurance carriers

Dr. Anderson is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Anderson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Anderson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Anderson to family and friends
    Dr. Anderson's Performance
    Philadelphia, PA |
    I had spine surgery one year ago. I suffered with pain for many years. I was terrified of back surgery. I trusted Dr. Anderson and he has truly given me my life back. I recommend him to anyone who has suffered from any kind of back pain.
    Just awesome
    Wynnewood, PA |
    Dr. Anderson was very knowledgeable and caring. His minimally invasive surgery changed my life. I would highly recommend him for anyone with a significant spinal problem. He is the best!
    Collegeville, PA |
    I had surgery a couple of years ago and feel like a new person. Dr. Anderson did an amazing job!
    Dr. Anderson fixed me. Kevin was very helpful
    Philadelphia, PA |
    girls at front desk were great/helpful - log time between doctors visits and making a new schedule - over 40 min
    North East, MD |
    I sought out Dr. Anderson because of his specialty and leadership in minimally invasive spine surgery. He was thorough in his examination and explained my diagnosis and treatment options carefully. He was a very caring doctor and really helped to relieve my pain and I was back to work in three days. Highly recommend!!
    in Haverford, PA |
    Awesome experience!! Super competent and caring. He helped to relieve me pain and it changed my life!!
    in West Chester, PA |
    I went to Dr. Anderson after seeing another Dr. several times for back pain. When I went in for my appt., there was ZERO wait time. They took me right away. All 3 staff members were kind and caring. The Doctor reviewed my MRI with me, my previous Dr. could not be bothered to explain anything. Dr. Anderson was very compassionate and concerned. He spent almost an hour with me and assured me my pain would cure itself in time. He did not push for more appts. or procedures. A great experience
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    Dr. Anderson is so compassionate!.. His bedside manner is the kind you would want in a doctor.. He's the first specialist I've met who was on time, spent 40mins with me, and I didn't feel rushed.. I was anxious and he put my mind at ease by answering all of my questions in detail. He was very thorough with his diagnosis, went over my MRI results with me, and explained why I need surgery. As scared as I am about having surgery, I am very confident that he is the man to do the job!
    in Rehoboth Beach, DE |
    Easy to converse with. Listens, answers questions. Attentive. Calm. Excellent surgeon given the great results I've had post lumber fusion and laminectomy.
    in Johnson City, NY |
    Patient with a difficult problem. He is attentive to detail: he asked if I had claustrophobia as being the reason why the MRI study was done in an open low power unit.I am not overweight and no clautrophabia therefore he requested a repeat study in a closed higher powered unit to obtain better details. The other examiners were happy enough with the present study.
    in Stockton, NJ |
    My initial appointment with Dr. Anderson was for a second opinion on my spinal cord compression. He asked me for all appropriate information and proceeded with simple but essential tests to determine the best treatment, which he explained to me in detail. He answered all my questions thoroughly and I felt completely comfortable asking him to perform the surgery. Surgery went very well and recovery was quick and easy. Dr. Anderson's follow-up has been very caring.
    in Mount Laurel, NJ |
    Was incredibly rushed. He gave no time to my condition, and did not listen to my symptoms at all. I have no confidence that I was treated properly, and I am thus seeking other treatment options.
    Have you seen Dr. David Greg Anderson, MD?
    Are you Dr. Anderson?

Dr. Anderson says...

He completed his residency training at the University of California in Irvine and his fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University.  Prior to joining the Rothman Institute, he has served as the Chief of Orthopaedics at the Langley Air Force Base and Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia.

Dr. Anderson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Aneurysm
    • Ankle Fracture
    • Ankylosing Spondylitis
    • Bone Cancer
    • Brachial Plexus Palsy
    • Brain Aneurysm
    • Broken Neck
    • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
    • Cerebrovascular Disease
    • Coccygeal Pain
    • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
    • Ear Disorders
    • Epilepsy
    • Hip Sprain
    • Hydrocephalus
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Lumbar Spine Fracture
    • Meningiomas
    • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
    • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
    • Pathological Spine Fracture

Graduated in 1992

University of California-Irvine Medical Center
      University of California-Irvine Medical Center
      Thomas Jefferson University Hospital

Dr. Anderson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Anderson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
    • Complex Spine Surgery
    • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery