Dr. David Granet, MD

Ophthalmology ·  Male · Age 58

Dr. Granet

UC San Diego Health

9415 Campus Point Drive La Jolla, CA 92093

Dr. David Granet, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in La Jolla, CA and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Yale University in 1987 and specializes in ophthalmology.

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Granet

82.75862068965517%
3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Granet?
Dr. Granet's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Granet, MD
RecentMost Helpful
My wife has thyroid eye disease (TED), which damages eye muscles and restricts eye movement. Dr. Kikkawa performs orbital decompression allowing the eyes to move freely. This allows Dr. Granet's eye muscle surgery to be more efficient. Both doctors have amazing reputations, and yet are not at all pretentious. Their staffs are amazingly compassionate, My wife's eye alignment, acuity and appearance have been restored. We highly recommend both doctors for the best TED care and treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?
Dr. Granet is my hero. Our granddaughter has a few genetic problems which lead us to see him. After a thorough exam and a multitude of questions, our concerns were allayed. His manner, personality, professionalism are endearing. I felt he really cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?
Good guy, great surgeon. There's a reason he has such an amazing reputation - he did my adult strabismus surgery and for the first time in 60+ years I don't need to wear glasses with prisms. You'll have to wait to see him, but it's well worth the wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?
Despite his many accolades / recognition for eye surgery & nystagmus, those aren’t Dr. Granet’s greatest specialty. Curiosity, drive, and medical expertise are traits he uses to fix eyeballs, but people are what he's best at. He's probably one of those people loved by friends and neighbors, who is trusted by all he knows, and who makes any room feel warm, safe, and full of amazing potential. As the parents of one of his countless patients, we have been beyond fortunate to know & team with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?
A month ago Dr. Granet saw me for the first time to discuss a condition called strabismus. He suggested the corrective surgery which he scheduled within the month. I had lived with the condition for over fifty years; my eyes were misaligned causing people to double take when they noticed. It had degressed to the point that I didn't allow personal pictures without sunglasses. It was life changing surgery with no down side. I'm a week post surgery and my life is back to better than normal!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?
He is the best! My daughter has nystagmus and he performed surgery on her when she was 2 years old. The outcome has been outstanding. She is now 4. His wait times can be long but worth it especially if you are dealing with a complex eye issue. He is so knowledgeable on our daughters condition. he is encouraging and patient with us and all of our questions and concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?
The most incredible, caring and brilliant pediatric eye doctor in the country. He held our hands through a stressful time with our 3 year old son who had been in the wrong corrective lenses for his lazy eye. He performed surgery on him at age 4 and he completely cured our son. He was out of glasses within a year after surgery (not typical or expected). We will forever be grateful to Dr. Granet.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?
I went there to seek help with a progressive eye alignment issue that had been causing difficulties in my life. I was seen by Dr. Granet who was extremely passionate about properly diagnosing the issue and providing the best option to help regain my vision. I had a great experience in his office. His assistant, and nurses where very informative and the procedure was performed flawlessly. I'm extremely thankful to Dr. Granet and his team over at the Shiley Eye Center for their services. Mike
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?
It is not the quickest process, but there are a lot of moving parts. You need to be seen by the resident and/or intern and/or fellow before the Dr. But since they are also present at the surgery and it is a teaching hospital, I had no problem with it. The change he made to my life by restoring me to single not double vision is intangible. I will never be able to thank him and his team enough. If you need this surgery, he is the one to go to! I wish I could give more than 5 stars!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Granet, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Granet?

David Granet, MD, is a board-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in pediatric ophthalmology and adult re-alignment (strabismus). He is the adult ocular motility specialist for Shiley Eye Institute, and his clinical interests include state-of-th...

• Ophthalmology

1991
1988
1987

Dr. Granet accepts

Dr. Granet accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO
Molina Healthcare

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Granet's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Tear Duct Disorders
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Granet treats patients.

Compare Providers