Dr. David Gilbert, MD

Dr. David Gilbert, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. David Gilbert, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Oakland Park, FL. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

5301 N Dixie Hwy Ste 203

Oakland Park, FL 33334

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Gilbert

See how frequently Dr. Gilbert performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hands
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Dr. Gilbert's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery

• Indiana Hand Center
  • Nyu Hospitals Center
  • Ind Hand Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1998

Dr. Gilbert has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gilbert does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gilbert and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gilbert's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gilbert to family and friends
Dr. Gilbert's Performance
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gilbert was my second opinion. I felt comfortable immediately in his office environment and with staff. I read an article on surgery of the basal joint by Dr. Gilbert before he came him. He was very friendly, professional, and extremely methodical and specific of my condition and how the surgery would proceed. I felt totally confident to cry in relief, "I am ready." Nancy age 72
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Staff was great as was the doctor. It was easy to schedule an appointment, paperwork was emailed, and I was actually seen on time. The doctor explained everything in detail and he provided excellent treatment.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Gilbert is not only a skilled surgeon, but a surgeon who projects a warm and caring attitude toward each of his patients' problems. In a quiet voice he fully explained all options I had for my particular situation.. I experienced no pain from the surgery and following all instructions carefully given to me by the doctor himself, I have had a good recovery. Received a call from the doctor himself on a Sunday night to check up on me...A doctor not only with a skilled hand, but a caring heart!!
in Ft Lauderdale |
From the first time I walked in Dr. Gilbert's office the staff has been nothing but the best. From the front window to check out you have a friendly face. They go out of their way to make you comfortable. Dr. Gilbert really spends time with each patient and makes me feel like you are a priority. I am now in physical therapy and couldn't be happier with the therapy staff. You should all be very proud of what a great job you all do!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Gilbert is the single-most skilled, educated, caring, and dedicated physician I have encountered in my 20 years in south Florida. I have had numerous bad experiences with several doctors. Dr. Gilbert performed multiple surgeries on my left hand.. He was reassuring and answered all of my questions. His office staff is top-notch..,efficient, professional and friendly. The Occupational Therapists are nothing short of amazing....also highly skilled, professional and friendly.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I recently had surgery on my thumb performed by Dr Gilbert and couldn't be happier with my results. He took time to explain my condition and made me feel comfortable with his care. Office staff very friendly and helpful with any questions I had. Would highly recommend Dr. Gilbert for his level of expertise in hand surgery.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Amazingly kind, caring, and compassionate doctor. Dr. Gilbert was very patient and thorough when explaining my pending surgery. Follow up post-op appointment was an excellent experience as well which included his office team.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gilbert is a true professional. He went above and beyond to explain our son's best options and the outcome was excellent. We had been to other doctors and did not feel comfortable and we were so happy we were recommended to Dr. Gilbert and that he performed the surgery for our son. He is genuine and caring and really cares about his patient. The office is amazing! Everything went so smoothly! Top notch doctor and team. I would recommend for sure!
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Wonderful Doctor, easy to speak with and understand about the surgery. Listened when you spoke about your concerns and pain. Staff members were always nice and kind. Always smiling and welcoming. I would also have to thank the Therapists. They were fantastic with everything, I had fears and many concerns. they put all to rest with understanding, caring and explaining what could be and how to make it the way it should be. Always making sure of your comfort and never letting you give up. Thank You
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Gilbert and his staff are wonderful, caring people.
Wow, what a great, caring doctor. I absolutely cannot write enough good things about this office and the entire staff. I have been treated many times by Dr. Gilbert and he has a great "bedside manner". It is obvious that he is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in everything he does. Every single staff person, from the receptionist to the nurse are sincerely friendly and caring. He explained my problem in layman terms so I completely understood my hand problems. Would totally recommend!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Arrogant jerk horrible bedside manner. My first meeting he hardly looked at me- creepy!!... (I brought questions to ask) he quickly blew off questions he did not know or someone else would deal with. I had my own radiographs and bloodwork (this "doctor" doesn't require bloodwork prior to going under anesthesia WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR DOES THAT????) He and his tech Darcy HATED that I declined xrays in house probably so they can make more money. Asked why antibiotics after sx he then declined my sx
Tampa, FL |
Dr Gilbert is pompous and has a terrible bedside manner which obscures his clinical skills, knowledge, and judgment. He does not listen to the patient and thus writes false statements concerning the patient in his medical records. I would not recommend him to anyone and give him no Stars at all.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have absolutely no hesitation recommending Dr. Gilbert and his exceptional team. I had a growth surgically removed from my finger for the purpose of a biopsy in the outpatient surgery center located in the same building as Dr. Gilbert's office. The surgical procedure went as described, the surgical center staff was efficient, and the follow up therapy sessions were effective. Dr. Gilbert is knowledgeable and thorough, and the office and therapy teams are pleasant and efficient.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr Gilbert takes great pride in his work and is grateful when someone puts there trust in his hands. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. David Gilbert, MD?
Are you Dr. Gilbert?