Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Gerlach, MD
David J. Gerlach, MD, a Minnesota native, is a fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon. He specializes in conditions of the hand and upper extremities, as well as microsurgery and surgical conditions of the fingers, hand, wrist and forearm.

8540 Quaday Ave NE

• Ucare
  • Wells Fargo Insurance
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Gerlach

See how frequently Dr. Gerlach performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
Osteoarthritis of Hands
high

Dr. Gerlach's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Gerlach does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Ataxia
  • Broken Arm
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Minnesota.

• Washington University School Of Medicine, St. Louis, Mo
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Washington University/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Mo
  • Fellowship In Hand Surgery At University Of Washington/Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, Wa
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Gerlach has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gerlach has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gerlach does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gerlach and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gerlach's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gerlach to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Gerlach's Performance
in Maple Grove, MN |
Dr. Gerlach and his staff were the best! My thumb was nearly cut off by a table saw, and was only hanging on by a piece of skin. Dr. Gerlach fixed my thumb that same night during 6 hours of surgery!! I went from almost having no thumb to having a thumb that's almost normal. Dr. Gerlach was kind and compassionate to me (and my family!) from the very start. Thank you Dr. Gerlach for saving my thumb!!
Ely, MN |
He was great got In for a X-ray one day at maple grove and surgery the next day he was a amazing doctor he makes you feel like your more then just another patient 5 stars for me
Coon Rapids, MN |
This guy slices and dices without proper testing to see if it's even necessary. He is too busy giggling and talking to co-workers to answer questions. Told me to return to work less than 2 weeks after surgery and that it is up to my job whether I have restrictions or not. What??? Now with another surgeon who said he did a blind cut and possibly damaged my nerve. In more pain now than before surgery. And good luck hearing back from them. They don't return calls or emails for DAYS
We are sorry to learn about the experience you feel you have had. We were not aware of your issue until now. If you would like to discuss your symptoms further, your experience in specific detail, or schedule a consultation with Dr. Gerlach, please contact our office directly at 763-441-0298. We would be happy to help understand and address your concerns.
Big Lake, MN |
I found Dr. Gerlach to be personable and professional. Although I waited about 20-30 minutes past my appointment time to see him, he was not rushed with me and took time to listen to my concerns and was able to inject my painful wrists that day. I didn't hesitate to make another appointment with him for surgery. Now my wrists are back to normal! Yay! I do agree that his care coordinator is a rude in her tone and isn't prompt in returning calls, however the office staff is very nice.
Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Gerlach thoroughly explained my procedures and expected recovery. He has a great sense of humor and is genuinely concerned about his patients.
in Anoka, MN |
Dr Gerlach did extensive nerve and tendon repair to my hand. I am so grateful to Dr. Gerlach for his care, compassion and expertise as a surgeon. I am making a remarkable recovery because of his abilities as a wonderful surgeon. I will be forever grateful to him. Thank you Dr. G
in Nowthen |
Really nice team and great doctor,I came in for an evaluation with a finger laceration, and he was able to do the surgery same day! Would recommend to anyone Nadia Vlasyuk
Sioux Falls, SD |
Dr. Gerlach replaced both my thumb joints. I was sent to him by another surgeon because of how hard it was. One year later, both my thumb are pain free and I'm back to fishing and hunting without pain. Dr. Gerlach and his staff are awesome and I would recommend him to anyone. Thanks Dr. G! THE BEST!
He is arrogant man with terrible bedside manor. Hes always late and i dont mean a little behind..i mean 45-1hr min. Hes does not explain things very well. No post op instructions given. His care coordinator is just as bad. Rude. I wiuld never recommend him or that clinic
in Minneapolis, MN |
Dr. Gerlach's work is exceptional. He is very detail oriented. He will not rush a surgery and will take his time until it is perfected. Highly technical and skilled with his knowledge of the hands and arms. Great communication and follow up. We followed his directions with two surgery's in our family and everything went well. He's surrounded himself with a great team of friendly professionals that are highly educated. We know that he recommended the best course of action for a great outcome.
Absolutely horrible. An arrogant man who does NOT listen to his patients. I received very little in terms of aftercare instructions, and his nurse and coordinator are disrespectful and rude. I will never return to TCO, and I would not recommend this clinic to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. David Gerlach, MD?

Visit Dr. Gerlach