Dr. David Frecker, MD

Dr. David Frecker, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. David Frecker, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Santa Barbara, CA. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Frecker is affiliated with Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.

219 Nogales Ave Ste F

Santa Barbara, CA 93105

Learn about Dr. Frecker

See how frequently Dr. Frecker performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
Autonomic Disorders
Headache

Dr. Frecker's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurology

• Essential Tremor
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Torticollis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • EMG (Electromyography)

No malpractice history found for California.

• Univ Of Ca
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Santa Barbara Cottage Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1985
  • University of California, San Diego
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University of California, San Diego
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Frecker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Frecker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Frecker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Frecker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Frecker to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Frecker's Performance
in Santa Barbara, CA |
Dr Frecker is the best doctor in Santa Barbara. If he cannot find your problem and solve it, then no one can. He is caring, conscientious and capable and I would recommend him to my best friends.
in Ojai, CA |
Dr. David Frecker is the best medical specialist I've met during the past 40 years! He knows the field of neurology in and out and explains things in a clear, detailed and understandable way. Always punctual, he will take his time and answer questions, giving suggestions that are realistic and helpful. I cannot recommend Dr. Frecker highly enough. This is a one-of-a-kind medical practitioner as they are most rare nowadays! I write this review with much gratitude.
Santa Rosa, CA |
I took my dad to see Dr. Frecker, after signs of cognitive decline began showing up. Dr. Frecker was prompt, courteous and friendly, and I liked that he showed respect for my Dad, and was patient with his sometimes slow speech. He explained things clearly without oversimplifying, and he really listened to what we said, and answered every question we asked. We didn't feel rushed at all. I wish Dr. Frecker could be my Dad's primary care physician. I'd recommend him to anyone.
Arroyo Grande, CA |
I love this office, I have a new onset of seizures and Dr Freaker has gone above and beyond to help me. He has even helped me get an mri and an incredible discount as I did not have insurance at the time I needed the mri. I travel almost 2 hours to see him and so worth it. After 6 mo of trouble shooting trying a new med that didn't work,he has referred me to the epilepsy center in Pasadena to get an in depth eeg to see if we can figure out what's going on. Been very responsive with communication
After an appointment with Dr. Frecker in August, 2016, Dr. Frecker did not dictate notes for the visit. I was told by the office manager, Allison, that Dr. Frecker said he would dictate the notes for the visit so I could forward those notes to a specialist. After contacting Allison numerous times in writing and by phone, the notes were never provided. It is now January 5, 2017 and Dr. Frecker has not written any notes and he has not provided a reason for no physician notes. Substandard.
Santa Barbara, CA |
We came to Dr. Frecker to help my Mother who is suffering from Autonomic Dysfunction. The appointment went well and he was thorough in helping her.We had some steps to take in the future to further help her. We tried to contact the office and Dr. Frecker to help answer questions after the appt. We did not get responses from them. I am giving 2 stars because the workers in the office as well as Dr. Frecker do a VERY poor job at responding to patients and getting back to them for important matters
Have you seen Dr. David Frecker, MD?
Are you Dr. Frecker?