Dr. David Filippi, MD

Dr. David Filippi, MD

Neurology  ·

Dr. David Filippi, MD is a neurology specialist in Pismo Beach, CA and has been practicing for 12 years. He specializes in neurology.

Coast Neuro

2 James Way Ste 101

Pismo Beach, CA 93449

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Filippi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Filippi's Top Procedures and Conditions

Brain Disorders

Dr. Filippi treats Brain Disorders more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Filippi treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Migraine

Dr. Filippi treats Migraine more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Filippi treats this condition more than 94% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Basilar Migraine
  • Migrainous Stupor Migraine
  • Oculomotor Migraine
  • Retinal Migraine
  • Visual Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
high

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuritis
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Tuberous Sclerosis
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Provide the highest level of neurology care to the patients of the Central Coast

• Neurology

47.76119402985075%

Dr. Filippi?
Dr. Filippi's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Filippi, MD
????Excellent Patient Staff Member NATHAN was so helpful, kind and professional. He addressed every question I had regarding my care as a new patient of Dr Filippi. I had experienced some aggravating time with the phone system and a certain staff member in the beginning but Nathan assured me that they have a new system in place and the days of leaving a voice mail message and waiting for a call back has been rectified. As someone whose career has been in the customer service arena in one way or another it’s refreshing to come across someone who is very customer service oriented. Good job Nathan!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Dr. Filippi is very disrespectful of his patients personal time. On multiple occasions wait times exceeded 1.5 hours past the scheduled appointment time. On another occasion, after waiting several months for an appointment, my appointment was cancelled at the last minute by the doctor only to have to wait several more months for a new appointment. Find another doctor who is more respectful of your time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
I had to call four times to schedule a test he requested. On the day of the test his office canceled. I waited three months for my office visit with Dr. Phillipi. On the day of my appointment his office cancelled. I will look for a new Dr.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Awful front office staff. Never seem to answer phone nor return calls.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Consistent with most reviews, we too were offended by Dr Filippi’s insensitivity and lack of communication. I am a retired physician and was astounded that, first of all he was almost one hour late, then entered the room with no greeting and sat facing a computer positioned between us as he started discussing test results. He pronounced his diagnosis in thoughtless blunt terms. He would have flunked the art-of-medicine course at my school. I’m guessing he skipped the class at Columbia.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
I wish I could leave a ZERO STAR rating! This was the worst experience ever from a medical professional my wife and I have ever had....the worst!! He was rude, demeaning, and very egotistical. His practice of giving a medical prescrition without proper diagnosis or analysis is the perfect mixture for malpractrice. I HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND DR. FILIPPI!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Dr Filippi is one of the best doctors my daughter has seen in all her years. She suffers from a severe seizure disorder. There has been, at times we had to wait in the reception room longer than one would except but he gives his patience's all the time they need despite how late it gets.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Filippi the most arrogant Doc i ever met. I tried to ignore his arrogance and conceited attitude until i wanted to SCREAM. No options for other Neuro prevented me from leaving. Also worst office staff ever, do not return calls, keep you on hold and rude. I have yrs of experience working w/MDs of all specialties. Including opening Neuro Office, Surg Centers, Ortho, Cath Labs Etc.. He is unique in strangeness & arrogance. Happy I am no longer his Patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Was referred to Dr. Filippi by my primary care physician who ranted and raved about how he was a genius and the absolute best in the area. It took about 6 weeks for me to get an appointment. My appointment was at 1:30, I arrived at the office at 1:15. The waiting room was completely empty and I didn't see the doctor until 2:20. The medical assistant I had was unprofessional. Dr. Filippi was rude, arrogant, condescending, and had little bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
If your only health issue is migraines, then sure, risk it going to him. If you have any other serious health issues, especially rare, life-threatening issues, DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. He will judge you for anything and everything, and blame current health problems on unrelated things from your past. He misdiagnosed me with a psych issue and recommended the psych ward without doing any testing and lied on my charts. I lost my ability to walk and suffered severely because of his misdiagnosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
It's difficult enough when a loved one is ill, caring for them is often heartbreaking. My mother has had dementia, seizures for years... some bedside manners and decency from the office staff is all we ask. My mother is gentle and kind, and her visits with Dr. Filippi were rude and dismissive. We stayed because we heard he was the best Neurologist in the area. A few weeks ago I flew across the country to be interview by Social Security to be my mom's representative, as she is no longer able
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
I Honestly wish I could leave a zero stars. I was referred to this office back in July. It is now almost November. I've left over 7 messages and have never received a call back to be seen. I've called the main office and have gotten ahold of office personnel not in scheduling who have told me that my paperwork will just be another week to process. It's been pushed back a week 4 times. I've requested to be referred to another office. I've been in the hospital twice and not on meds while waiting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
If I could leave a no star review, I would. From my first appointment a year ago I have alwaysyidc
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
The first thought that comes to mind is that Dr. Filippi saved my life. I was on medication when switching to him and felt lost about my condition, the medication I was on and the side effects. He listens very carefully, takes detailed notes and his systematic approach helped find a treatment solution that works for me and made me feel normal again. He is compassionate, but he gets to the point in order to find a solution and I fully trust his knowledge and experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Dr filippi is a fine doctor. Consider yourself fortunate if he's your doctor, I know I do. He's highly educated, truly interested in helping his patients, goes to bat for you with the insurance companies, and gets to the root of the problem. One very fine man on God's good earth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Dr. Filippi is a wonderful doctor! He takes the time to really understand the full details of your issues and your full medical history. A very intelligent and thoughtful listener, he is a kindly and patient doctor who really cares about bringing you the best care to help you enjoy your life. I offer my highest recommendations. Note his fantastic credentials, Harvard, etc. I am so thankful he is helping me overcome chronic bad migraines.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
He is the worst doctor who thinks that my past experiences is the cause of the sezures well I did not feel comfortable even talking with him from the stupid things that he was saying now the other doctor who was there was sweet as can be but I will not be going back to this quack named Dr filippi he needs to learn how to talk to people and not continue to doubt them karma
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Terrible physician!! Rude, arrogant, never on time. Don't ever schedule an appointment as the first patient of the day. I've had more then one appointment scheduled in the morning as the first patient of the day. I arrived promptly at 8:30am for an 8:50am appointment and each time was not seen until after 11am. The doctor didn't even bother of show up to see any patient until after 11am. Then he rushes you hough your appointment and could care less about any of your concerns.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
Dr. Filippi is an excellent doctor. I had debilitating migraines and used to take pain medicine daily. Now, my migraines are very few and I can function again! It is hard to get an appointment, but worth it if you stick to his treatment plan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Filippi, MD?
I showed up on time for my first appointment and he never showed up. His front office staff did not even know if he was in the building. After no explanation for two hours of waiting, I left. Never got a call back with an explanation. The office staff were clueless about why he was missing.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Filippi?

Insurance accepted

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield of California
Access Plus Savenet
Local Access Plus HMO

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Filippi treats patients.

Compare Providers