Dr. David Fabi, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male

Telehealth services available

San Diego Orthopedic Associates

4060 4th Ave Ste 700 San Diego, CA 92103

Dr. David Fabi, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in San Diego, CA and has over 16 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Fabi has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago medical school in 2004. He is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fabi to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Fabi with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Palomar Health.

Make an appointment at Palomar Health today at (442) 274-0585.

Filter by
Provider Ratings
provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Palomar Health.

Dr. Fabi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fabi

Dr. Fabi?
I had anterior right total hip replacement. Hospital at 5:30 am surgery and home the same day by 5:00 pm.
James W Muhr – Sep 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Dr Fabi is an Excellent Surgeon. Very concerned with my comfort and well being. Efficient, knowledgeable staff. My recovery for each knee went exceptionally well. I would recommend Dr Fabi without hesitation.
Margie Nieves – Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Two weeks after outpatient total anterior hip replacement I'm cleared to ride my bike. It was reassuring to not spend time in hospital and the day after surgery I was able to get around the house. Within 4 days I was carefully walking a block without a cane or walker. Drove after 1 week. I was taken aback by the leg swelling and bruising that extended below my knee between days 4 and 8 but it cleared up with doctor reassurance, frequent ice, elevation, short walks and arnica gel. Also had not expected the concurrent muscle pain and spasm in my thigh - this hurt more than the surgery area. Undeterred, I kept moving and all was gone by day 12. Having no movement restrictions is so helpful for rapid recovery. No PT ordered nor needed. Wow, its so much better than I expected. Have no fear, Dr. Fabi is the bomb!
Di Fitts-Shutt – Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
I was diagnosed with a severe osteoarthritis of my hips which was causing a constant pain, stiffness and restricted movements not only in my hips, but in my lower back and even my knees. I felt I was falling apart. Dr. Fabi performed a total hip replacement surgery of both, my left and right hips, 3.5 months apart. He did an excellent job and met my expectations completely. I was able to walk the same day of the surgery and after the second week I was able to walk without a cane, and was able to drive my car. I was very happy with the members of his team Nithya, Monica and Letty , as well! Everybody performed their jobs with professionalism, accuracy and care. The physiotherapy sessions following the surgeries are helping me to restore the length, mobility and strength of my muscled. My hips, lower back and knee pain are gone. All what has left are my incisions which are gradually fading away with every single day.
Mariana Tihova – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Dr.Fabi was able to preform above and beyond expectations. He replaced my hip after having to jump through all the hurdles put in place during the pandemic. Thanks Dr.Fabi.
Timothy Hill – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
I received a hip replacement in 2020. I could not be happier with the result. Prior to surgery I was having pain in multiple places around my hip. Even lifting groceries caused pain. I had to give up sports. I tried getting shots in my hip but that did not relieve the pain. My personal physician had recommended Dr Fabi as he too had his hip replaced by Dr Fabi. Dr Fabi took xrays and showed me the deterioration in one of my hips and thus my source of pain. My hip replacement by Dr. David Fabi was smoother and less complicated than I had ever imagined. I know no 2 patients are alike, but with the prescribed medications my pain level, on a scale of 1 to 10, never was above a 1. I faithfully did the physical therapy exercises and I have had zero complications. I wish I could have had this procedure by Dr Fabi years ago. My other hip has not yet been a problem, but if one day it does become problem, I would actually look forward to surgery again with Dr Fabi.
mike bowles – Apr 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
I had a traumatic knee injury, but was treated as if the problem was arthritis. I had 2 arthroscopic surgeries to the same knee as the first had complications, with very poor follow-up care. After the second I had new meniscus tears and a cyst, with additional problems. I had requested knee replacement, as recommended by other doctors, but was strongly advised against it or any other procedure. Trusting, I agreed to the surgeries and as a result I have been in worse pain. Two years have past and 3 orthopedics have asked me why I didn't get a knee replacement, as they looked puzzled at my MRI. That is my story. I had a traumatic injury, but being in my 50' s it was of no concern. Arthritis with age related wear and tear are too often applied to guarantee oneself "immunity". Protect yourself, as in the end it is your quality of life and it will make it much harder to find help later.
Eva M. – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
I'm just into the 8th week after total anterior right hip replacement by Dr. Fabi, enjoying nearly full range of motion, no pain and got the ok to get back into the pool! I am over the moon with the results from this operation by Dr. Fabi and his staff. Highly recommend this compassionate and talented surgeon. He will change your life!
C. L. Henson – Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Dr. Fabi is a highly technically skilled orthopedic surgeon. He possesses a personable bedside manner and compassionate communication style. Two weeks ago, he performed my total hip replacement. The successful result gave me back my active lifestyle.
Carolyn – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Doctor Fabi replace both my knees on the 16, I was walking without a walker or cain on day 3 (19th). On 2 week visit to office folks in the waiting room and at the elevator noticed my bandages on both knees, found it hard to believe I had both knees replaced at same time and were impressed at how well I moved about/walked- it felt good Surgery and recovery better than I had imagined
William – Jan 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Back to work within 2 weeks after total knee replacement, walking without a cane too. I can say enough good things about Dr Fabi and his practice. He's the best.
Gary v – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
After 20 years of knee pain, cane, walker, injections, PT, brace, and pain, pain, pain, I am a new person post TKR both knees. Dr. Fabi and his team are the best. I can walk “regular” again. No more canes, walker or pain. This is huge. I’m so grateful to have found Dr. David Fabi. If you need knee replacement this is the Surgeon to have.
T. M. Nelson in San Diego, CA – Dec 05, 2019
Super!!
Tom Lancaster – Aug 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
When I knew I was going to have knee replacement I looked up reviews. I was impressed by Dr David Fabi reviews. He was everything everyone had commented about! When I met Dr Fabi in his office he made me feel like family and answered all my questions. He is so down to earth and makes it easy to understand all the procedures that you will be going through. I had a knee replacement on 7/18/19. The surgery went perfect and the staff was AMAZING! They did constant follow up and made sure i was doing well. I am a very active 60 year old and I was walking without crutches in one week.(You have to be active in PT to get the best results). I was playing golf and going to the gym after only 4 weeks. After this knee heals I'm having my left on done as well. At least I know what I'm in for the second time around. I Praise God for Dr Fabi and his knowledge to perform miracles, and to give me back my active life. May the Lord continue to BLESS YOU Dr David Fabi.
Larry Randall – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Excellent professionalism - I've had a great recovery, and Dr. Fabi was very attentive. He answered my call out of office, and made sure I was comfortable the whole time.
Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
On May 13 Dr Fabi replaced the outer half of my right knee. That night I walked up 14 stairs to my bedroom and the next day walked down. After 2 weeks I was walking with out a cane and driving my vehicle. I had no prior experience with knee surgery , but I had friends who spent weeks or months rehabbing their surgeries. Dr. Fabi uses a Robotic method to perform the surgery I received and I understand that it minimizes the rehab time. Today was my 6 week post operation visit and Dr Fabi was happy with my knee's progress and said that I was good to see him in a year. WOW! Totally pleased with the Dr. Fabi, his assistant and his team. I have already recommended Dr. Fabi highly and will continue to do so in the future.
Great Surgical Experience – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
I had my first reconstructive hip surgery over 25 years ago and knew a hip replacement was inevitable. Dr. Fabi did not try to push me into surgery or medication. He let me determine when I was ready for surgery. Surgery was shockingly easy and I could not have asked for a better recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Fabi. The surgery where the procedure takes place is excellent. The entire process went better than I could have ever expected. My hip pain was gone the minute I opened my eyes after surgery and I'm back to enjoying activities I thought I would never enjoy again. Thank you, Dr. Fabi!
San Diego, CA – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
I traveled from Sarasota, Florida for this man. Outstanding. Dr Fabi is far more than a very talented surgeon, his compassion for WHY he does what he does is at the root of his life’s passion. He is a hugging professional who’s office runs like a Swiss watch. Before surgery every detail was handled, from all the insurance clearances to all necessary Physical Therapy arrangements, needed home recovery tools like walker and shower stool and all necessary prescriptions. After a two hour left hip replacement procedure, a three hour recovery process, I was getting dressed myself and walking the entire hospital hallway OUT OF PAIN! I ditched the walker in 3 days. My PT therapist, having done this work for 10 years said he has never seen such a rapid recovery. I am 73. At my two week post operation appointment I just simply asked, “How did you get all that new equipment into my leg and hip through that little 5 inch opening with no bruising or swelling?” Capt Bruce Blomgren, Sarasota, F
May 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Having had many orthopedic surgeries ,all stemming from injuries received in an auto accident in 1980, my second total knee replacement was too complicated for my surgeon of 40 years. Dr. Fabi performed my total knee replacement 2 weeks and 1 day ago, he took off the bandage today. I have made incredible progress. I was walking with a walker and without on day 1. I already have 90 degrees of flexion and can with effort walk with what appears to be a normal gait. I haven't touched the walker since day 2 and at 2 weeks of therapy I am doing amazing. I begin my outpatient therapy next week and have every expectation of a truly exceptional outcome. Thanks Dr. Fabi!!
Apr 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
One of the "Best Orthopedic Surgeon" Ever! Dr.David Fabi has done both of my knees and I was able to continue my Backcountry skiing, Road biking and many more other outdoor activities. I am so blessed I have found him. He literally has save me in many ways by rebuilding both of my knees. Thank You Dr. Fabi
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fabi?

2004