Dr. David Fabi, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. David Fabi, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Encinitas, CA and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Fabi has extensive experience in Knee & Lower Limb Surgery. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 2004. He is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. David Fabi, MD
477 N. El Camino Real Suite B105 & C206 Encinitas, CA 92024
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Fabi with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Palomar Health.

Make an appointment at Palomar Health today at (858) 480-6126.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Palomar Health.

Dr. Fabi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fabi

Dr. Fabi is Fabulous!!
If you’re reading this in need of a hip replacement look no further, you’ve found your surgeon! Dr.Fabi is the best! I had surgery on 7/21/22 same day outpatient! I was on crutches in awful pain when I met Dr. Fabi. He looked at me & said “I’ll take good care of you!” And he definitely has! So kind & caring he treats you like family! Surgey & recovery went very well! I have my life back!! Thank you Dr.Fabi!!!
Erica Carrafield – Sep 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Dr. Fabi is simply the best! I had a wonderful experience and my life has now been transformed for the better thanks to Dr. Fabi
Paul Greer – Sep 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Best Orthopedic in San Diego. Highly recommend!
I had a partial knee replacement 5 months ago and I can not say enough about Dr Fabi's positive bedside manners, listening to my concerns, great attitude and knowledge. Follow up appts were easy and always took X-rays to confirm everything was good. The incision is so small and almost faded after 5 months. Best orthopedic doctor in town. I would recommend him to anyone looking for orthopedic doctor. Thank you Dr. Fabi for the personal care and attention you gave me. His office staff are just as friendly as Dr.Fabi. My recovery was quick and easy, very little pain involved. Home care PT was provided, that was such a great benefit.
Jeannette Wright – Sep 06, 2022
Dr. Fabi is the Best, a Step Above The Rest
Under Dr. Fabi's care I have had 2 Knees, and 1 hip replacement. My most recent surgery in May of 2022 was a left anterior hip replacement. I had a very easy recovery at home, with very little pain. I received in-home and outpatient PT/OT post-surgery. I am very satisfied with Dr. Fabi's surgery and care and highly recommend him and his team for any knee or hip needs you may have. It is a huge relief to not have the grinding hip pain anymore, and I am very grateful.
Aug 30, 2022
Excellent Work on Two Hip Replacements
I speak of Dr. Fabi's surgeries on both hips with gratitude and admiration for his skill and the ease with which my body recovered. The entire process went smoothly, and I had a great deal of support during my recovery, both online and by telephone and follow-up visits. Thank you, Dr. Fabi and Team!
  • Appointment was rushed
M. Weber – Aug 22, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
This practice is terrific. I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. David Fabi, he combines expertise and a willingness to listen and discuss. He also an excellent surgeon, having a Hip and a Partial Knee replacement surgery performed by him I know firsthand. Both joints had bone on bone issues, the knee had less pain on the day after the surgery than it did before the surgery. Dr. David Fabi, his staff and the nurses are very professional, I appreciate all their skills. K Kingsley
Aug 08, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Excellent doctor. Great attitude and easy to communicate.
Jul 14, 2022
First visit
I saw Dr Fabi about my knee pain. He is a nice doctor.
BenD – Jul 06, 2022
knee replacement
Very professional experience at the Advanced Surgery Center. All staff were warm and professional. Dr. Fabi is kind and competent.
Patricia M Miller – Jul 04, 2022
Best orthopedic surgeon
Dr Fabi is a magician. If you need hip or knee replacement, hobble or crawl to see Dr. Fabi. He is not only a great surgeon, he is a warm and caring person.
Jack Keane – Jun 02, 2022
Anterior hip replacement
The whole experience from start to finish was professionally handled. I was seen promptly by Dr. Fabi on my office visits. I was given all the information I needed for the pre-op and post-op procedures. I recovered rapidly from the operation. I no longer have hip related pain, and my strength and mobility are much improved. Why did I wait so long to have this done.
George Rice – May 30, 2022
Anterior hip replacement
Dr. Fabi and the entire staff at San Diego orthopedics is excellent and made the surgical experience run smoothly. I am so happy to be out of pain and gaining my strength and mobility back it is life changing. Dr. Fabi listened to me and answered all my questions completely with compassion and in terms I can understand. He is an amazing surgeon and human being and I thank God everyday for leading me into his office. My legs are of equal length now and I am out of the extreme pain that I had for so long. I look forward to getting back to my active lifestyle that I had all but given up on. Thank you for giving me back my life and mobility. I only have tears of joy now and I look forward to the future thanks to you.
Deborah S. – May 29, 2022
I am so blessed to have Dr.David Fabi as my Doctor
Hi, my name is Nataliia, and I am 32 y/o. For the last 2 years, I was going through the darkest period in my life. I wasn't able to walk because I developed Avascular Necrosis in both hips as a side effects of corticosteroids. My mom did some research and found Dr. DAVID FABI; IT WAS SUCH A HUGE BLESSING for me and my family that. We found hope and the DOCTOR who possesses the qualities such as compassion, understanding, honesty, professionalism, competence, commitment, dedication. The Doctor who could help me, and whom I could trust. Dr. David Fabi takes his work very seriously. He is very answerable, trustable and positive person, I wish all doctors would be like him! He is the most wonderful Doctor I have ever met in my life! He is working graciously well with his patients. I had two separate total hip replacement surgeries done by Dr. David Fabi and was impressed by cleanliness of the surgical center. His team are so reliable as well. My post op recovery was uneventful.
Nataliia Carter – May 10, 2022
Total Knee Replacement --
I am 7 wks since left knee replacement by Dr. Fabi, at the outpatient surgery ctr and discharged the same day!!! It is wonderful to recover at home. I had a right TKR in Seattle 8 years ago, stayed in the hospital for 3 days, had a much longer recovery period, and am amazed at the difference with Dr. Fabi's surgery. With Dr. Fabi, I was able to get around without a cane or walker within the first week. Another contrast is the incision! Dr. Fabi's technique creates a much smaller incision. I immediately had full extension after surgery and 125 degrees flexion at 3 wks, and now (at 7 wks) I have full range of motion. I still have some swelling from time to time, but that is improving every day and I love being able to sleep without pain and do things I have not been able to do for the last year due to knee pain. I am grateful for this life changing surgery. Dr. Fabi and his staff instill a great sense of confidence and positivity, and rightly so.
CW – May 03, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
When I consulted with Dr Fabi I knew almost instantly he was the surgeon for me. He thoroughly reviewed my X-rays with me and explained why I was in pain and what my options were. He was knowledgeable, confident, calming, and answered all of my questions. Office and surgical staff were all attentive, compassionate, organized, and professional. I highly recommend Dr Fabi and his team. You will not be disappointed!
Debbie – Mar 24, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Dr. Fabi and his team were kind and caring from start to finish. I felt nothing but genuine concern for my health and well being. He took the time to explain in detail what the imaging revealed and what treatment options are available to me. I left my appointment feeling seen and heard. I left our interaction feeling confident in my next steps and plan on enlisting his professional expertise again in the future. Thank you Dr. Fabi for your gentle and personal approach to care. I appreciate you!
Vanessa Leyba – Feb 23, 2022
Knee exam survey
Had my first visit with Dr. Fabi and I was very pleased. Everything was own time and very thorough. I would recommend him and forward to my next appointment
David Cammarano – Feb 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Dr Fabi was courteous and responsive.
Jan 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
I’m a 74 year old diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the hip and knowing my fathers hip arthritis history knew a THA was ahead. After reviewing my options and investigating the latest technology my research led me to MicroPort’s implant and its’ benefit of “Minimal Invasive Surgery”. I chose a surgeon that used this technology and promoted the MIS approach for his procedures. It is important to emphasize the choice of a surgeon as the outcome of a procedure is more than just having a successful implant, the amount to tissue damage is critical to the outcome and patients recovery. Dr. Fabi exemplifies the practitioner that is technically excellent and has the foresight to deliver the most modern solutions to his patient.
woodrow pollett – Jan 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Just had my final visit with Dr Fabi for my knees. It’s been a year since my surgery and I’m so happy with my new lease on life.
Jane Schmitz – Jan 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Fabi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fabi?