Dr. David Fabi, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. David Fabi, MD
Dr. David Fabi, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in San Diego, CA. He has been practicing for 13 years. Dr. Fabi is affiliated with Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego.

Dr. Fabi's Experience

See how Dr. Fabi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fabi

Dr. Fabi accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Fabi is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Fabi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fabi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fabi to family and friends
Dr. Fabi's Performance
in San Diego, CA |
I have been Dr. David Fabi's patient for three joint replacements. Two knees and one hip. I plan to have the other hip in a few months. I saw many Dr's but it took Dr Fabi's confidence, positivity, and trustworthy ways for me to be comfortable. He has a wonderful warm caring personality. I feel very fortunate to have him as my Dr. he has helped the pain I was in a great deal and given me my life back. Dr. David Fabi is A number one.
in San Diego, CA |
I recently had a total knee replacement done by Dr. Fabi. I was back playing golf within 3 weeks and other than the normal adjustment to invasive surgery my knee feels great. Dr. Fabi is very professional and does excellent work. Because his work is so good his office is buzzing and sometimes there is a wait, but it is worth it. I highly recommend this Dr. Fabi.
in El Cajon, CA |
I've been seeing Dr. Fabi for over 8 months and have had bilateral hip replacements. His professionalism, expertise and genuine caring manner are top notch and my surgeries went exactly as planned. I am extremely satisfied with my results and I highly recommend him.
in San Diego CA |
Dr. David Fabi replace both of my hips. He did this first, because I needed it, and second because I requested both be done at the same time. He performed the surgery and did an absolutely stellar job. He's a true gentleman and based on the results he's an excellent surgeon. From the minute I met him, I knew I could completely trust him. If you're considering a surgery of this type, I would highly recommend Dr. David Fabi. I'll appreciate his work years into the future. Thank you Dr. Fabi.
in San Diego, CA |
I had the pleasure of having both of my hips replaced by Dr. David Fabi. Both my hips were replaced during the same operation. He came to me highly recommended by both his prior patiences and practicing medical peers. He lived up to every recommendation he was given. He performed what I would consider an absolutely perfect procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Fabi to perform like procedures for family, friends, and anyone expecting the best in professional medical care.
in San Diego, CA |
I had a knee replacement in November 2016 with Dr Fabi. He is a very caring and down to earth man. My surgery went perfectly and would not hesitate to use him again.
San Diego, CA |
I absolutely would recommend Dr. Fabi! He is a world class surgeon, Chief of Orthopaedics at Scripps Mercy Hospital and he did my total knee replacement surgery with a robot as an OUTPATIENT procedure. Pretty miraculous I think. He is also very personable and a "Hugger".
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. David Fabi is a technically outstanding surgeon. His skill level and advanced techniques are very good. He performed my minimally invasive total knee replacement on Oct. 31, 2016. I was reluctant to have the procedure due to my research of patient testimonials ( from other surgeons around the country ). They were almost all very negative and scary to read. Dr. Fabi did an amazing job and my implant alignment is perfect. I highly recommend him for TKR surgery.
in San Diego, CA |
What can I say about Dr. Farr Beas he did a fine job on my girlfriends hip replacement and he's one of the most pleasant doctors I've ever met and very professional
in San Diego, CA |
The BEST!! Dr Fabi did a total hip replacement on my rt and left hips. I was walking without assistance and driving within 2 weeks I highly recommend Dr Fabi if you want a Dr who applies the latest proven procedures. He is knowledgeable, friendly, and cares deeply for his patients and their well being. Thank you Dr Fabi, I felt confident during and after both hip replacements and am ready to take my life and have the freedom of movement again. You will not be disappointed with Dr Fabi!!
Best ortho surgeon in the city. Strongly recommend.
in Chula Vista, CA |
Dr. Fabi is a warm, caring bundle of energy, but thanks to my new right knee, I can almost keep up with him! Pain was less than I feared, recovery time will total 3 weeks and I will comfortably go back to work without limping for the first time in years! I recommend him wholeheartedly!!! Anne G, Chula Vista
in San Diego, CA |
Dr Fabi did full knee replacements on both knees six weeks apart. It is a year later and I'm fine. No pain; I walk a mile every day; go up and down stairs without problems. I had little or no pain throughout the entire process and have already given his card to many friends .
in San Diego, CA |
Dr Fabi's a wonderful surgeon. He is highly skilled, personable and ethical. I had a terribly deformed knee and my recovery has been miraculous. I went to a rehabilitation center after my surgery and noticed that Dr Fabi's patients had less pain and a much quicker recovery time than those patients who had utilized other surgeons. I highly would recommend Dr Fabi to anyone seeking excellent, honest and professional care.
in Encinitas, CA |
My last review of Dr. fab I was abbreviated not sure why? I also do not understand how he has a low score? I have read every review and all but one is saying he is a gifted surgeon. I cannot say enough how amazing he is. Before surgery I was frightened, concerned as to whether or not I would have an active life after surgery. Dr. Fabi assured me I would and he told me the truth. Today is the beginning of my third week. No pain at all. Wound is healing well, no pain. Scripps Mercy is amazing.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Fabi was a life-saver. 2 years ago I had a hip replacement which got infected by a regular orthopaedic surgeon. The infection became chronic and no one wanted to operate on me, and many told me I would never walk again. I went to him because he is fellow-ship trained in joint replacements (very important), not just a regular orthopaedic surgeon. He gave me hope, and took my case on, as he does many revision hips because this is his expertise. I can now walk again, and I owe it to him.
in San Diego, CA |
Very knowledgable who explains your condition and patiently answers your questions. Most of all he's caring especially after your surgery. I highy recommend him to all who have orthopedic problems.
in San Diego, CA |
I was a patient of Dr.David Fabi and a very satisfied one. He is very smart..with very good doctor/patient relations and every patient I know who he rendered service too love him as I do. I felt so safe with him. Just seeing him is very relieving. I healedfast and with less discomfort. Was referred by another patient of him and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend him. I heard somebody calling him Dr.Fabuloso because he is indeed very fabulous and very knowledgeable.
in San Diego, California |
I have a great respect for Dr.David Fabi. He is very knowledgeable. .very good orthopaedic surgeon doing modern approach in his surgeries. He is extremely nice..good medical ethics and I recovered well and in short period of time because his technique is quite modern and very effective. I was recommended by another patient who was extremely satisfied with his treatment. I will refer him highly to other patients who need his service. I give him five stars.
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Fabi is very considerate and precision filled. I came into the office and he was able to ease me into calm immediately. He performed well and all operations went smoothly and without any mishap. For all your orthopedic needs, I can safely recommend this physician.
Dr Fabi is the most caring, compassionate doctor I have ever been to!! He performed a hip replacement and knee replacement on me and the recovery was miraculously quick and seemless! For each one o stayed less than 24 hours in the hospital. Truly the best of the best!!
in San Diego, CA |
Dr. Fabi is a very charming man who is always smiling. Initially my husband and I thought it might be a 'don't sue me' smile. How true. He did the anterior approach. Did NOT order my own blood for transfusion, used anothers'. He did not inform me, my husband nor the rehab facility that he had a problem during surgery. My implant was moving as I walked with ease exclaiming to all 'this is the future' then a wk.later I was in such horrible pain. He could not be reached,but cancld. our 2wk follw.
Have you seen Dr. David Fabi, MD?
Are you Dr. Fabi?

Compare Dr. Fabi

Dr. Fabi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for California.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection