Dr. David Eichten, DO

Dr. David Eichten, DO

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics | Male

Joint Implant Surgeons of Florida 7331 College Pkwy Ste 300 Fort Myers, FL 33907 Get Directions

I pride myself on compassionate, one on one patient care providing excellent surgical skills, safety, patient satisfaction, and the best outcomes in joint replacement.

I grew up in Minnesota and graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of St. Thomas in 2001 with a degree in Biology. I then attended Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences where I graduated with a 4.0 GPA and earned the Gold Stethoscope Award for finishing first in my medical school class. I completed my orthopedic surgery residency through Ohio University at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, OH.

After residency I spent an additional year of fellowship training in joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee. Fellowship trained surgeons have been proven to improve patient outcomes and reduce complication rates. During my fellowship, I performed over 500 cases including minimally invasive techniques, anterior total hip arthroplasty, partial knee replacement and complex revision surgeries.

Dr. Eichten's Experience

See how Dr. Eichten's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Eichten

Dr. Eichten accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Eichten has admitting privileges.

Dr. Eichten's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Eichten to family and friends
Dr. Eichten Says:

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to review the orthopedic care you received and share your experience with other patients.  I am committed to providing my patients' with a compassionate experience in orthopedic surgery and the in best joint replacement.

Dr. Eichten's Performance
in Cape Coral, FL |
Talk about a dedicated Doctor, he is the best, great caring person. My knee replacement recuperation is progressing very well, thanks to his care when I was in need.
in Stillwater, MN |
My experience with Dr. Eichten was excellent my partial knee replacement has been great no problems even walking 9 holes plan on 18 real soon. Thank you again for the great work.
in Estero fl |
Kind, attentive when I asked questions Explained, instructed in an easy to understand manner Thorough explanations, but calming in his approach
in Naples, Florida 34114 |
I was very happy when I met Dr.David Eichten on my first appointment because he made me feel at ease with his decisions concerning the knee injections and possible surgery. I felt that he was qualified to help me decide what I should do about my knee pain. Hope A. Dayhoff
in Estero, FL |
Excellent doctor--excellent experience. I've already referred three people! I received a referral from two tennis friends and they weren't wrong. I got in immediately and was in and out within a half hour. Amazing for a specialist. Office personnel were awesome.
Cape Coral, FL |
Personable, easy to understand, explains things well.
in Naples, FL |
I just called the office for the first time looking for an appt because I have infection on my thumb, and after 2 IVs at Urgent Care they said see specialist. I was told they couldn't do anything in the office, go to ER. First I was looking for dr opinion because my hand is red and spreading, afraid of inflection. If I go to ER it won't be a hand specialist looking at my hand. And lastly their Sheila, receptionist added, and besides it's FRIDAY, omg. So I don't know where to go. Horrible
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I apologize for the way you felt treated after calling our office. Please understand, I was not available on that particular Friday. Sheila tried to get you in immediately with our Hand Specialist in Naples but she wasn't able to see you on short notice either. Out of concern for your safety, the ER was recommended to prevent potential infection from spreading. They have a Hand Specialist on call who would quickly address your problem.
in Naples, FL |
First visit. Had an appointment in 2 days. Wait time very brief (5-10 minutes)n after arrival. Staff very accommodating and efficient. PA knowledgeable and clear with preliminary assessment .as well as cordial. Dr. Eichten was prompt and thorough with his diagnosis and decision on what initial stps to be taken for my condition.
in Naples, FL |
I am very pleased with Dr. Eichten and my hip surgery that he preformed on 12/06/16. He is very caring and easy to talk to.
in Naples, Florida |
I broke my wrist in two places...a very nasty break that required a permanent titanium plate. I could not have asked for a better qualified surgeon. Dr Eichten's expertise, pre and post operative care allowed me to regain full control of my wrist without any complications. He is a valuable asset to the community.
in Bonita Springs, FL |
Under Dr. Eichten's care I was able to regain full use of my right arm after I broke it in three places. It's so refreshing to find a Dr. that is both skillful and personable. He forced me to revise my thinking--I was beginning to believe that all the really good doctors had retired!!
in Fort Myers, FL |
He helped me walk again with no pain!!! He listened to what was hurting ,ordered the test found the problem and helped me!!! I am Thankful for this wonderful Doctor!!!
New York, NY |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Eichten. He took amazing care of me and answered all my questions. Great personality and a wonderful caring doctor.
in Fort Myers, FL |
Getting my two knees replaced back to back it has been the hardest thing I've ever done. Dr.Eicthen and assistant Amy were just wonderful, always available to listen, answer questions and concerns, both before and after surgery. I felt during the whole process that I couldn't had been in better hands, I'm so very grateful!
in Fort Myers Beach, FL |
He made us feel very comfortable and confident. He visited me after surgery and assured me everything was OK.
Have you seen Dr. David Eichten, DO?

Compare Dr. Eichten

}

Dr. Eichten's Care Philosophy

Dr. Eichten says...

I treat multiple general orthopedic conditions and specialize in treatment of arthritic joints including non-operative and operative treatment of knee, hip and shoulder conditions.

Dr. Eichten says...

I specialize in joint replacement of the hip and knee, performing minimally invasive surgeries that speed up the patient's recovery.  These procedures include anterior total hip replacement, revision hip replacement, partial knee replacement, total knee replacement, ACL sparing knee replacement and custom knee replacement.

Dr. Eichten says...

Dr. Eichten's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Eichten has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Eichten's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

Joint Reconstruction Fellowship Joint Implant Surgeons Of Florida

Completed in 2013

University Of St. Thomas

Graduated in 2001

Dr. Eichten does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eichten and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

• Bi-Compartmental Knee Replacement
  • Computer-Assisted Total Hip Replacement
  • Computer-Assisted Total Knee Replacement
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Fracture Open Reduction and Internal Fixation (ORIF)
  • Hemi (Half) Hip Replacement