Dr. David Edelstein, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 47

Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Dr. David Edelstein, MD is an Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Brooklyn, NY and has over 22 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Edelstein has extensive experience in Hand & Wrist Surgery, Elbow Surgery, and Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. He graduated from ALBERT EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER in 2001. He is affiliated with Maimonides Medical Center. His office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. David Edelstein, MD

Maimonides Bone & Joint Center

6010 Bay Pkwy Fl 7 Brooklyn, NY 11204
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Edelstein with our nearby Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists at Staten Island University Hospital.

These providers are on the medical staff of Staten Island University Hospital.

Dr. Edelstein's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Edelstein

Mismanaged Practice
I made an appointment to see him last week. My appointment was supposed to be at 10:40 am. I was told to come 15 minutes earlier. When I got there I was asked to fill out some forms. I had asked that they email the forms to me, but was told they could not do this. On the first page of the form I was asked for my height and email address. On the second page the same questions! The forms are ridiculous. When I got there the waiting room was full of people! There is not even a place to get a drink of water. I finally saw Dr. Epstein at 12:10 pm! I told him that my having to wait so long was totally unacceptable. He claimed that people come in unexpectedly with broken bones that have to be set, and this is the reason for the delay. Since he is not the only doctor there, I fail to see why one of them could not be designated each day to deal with emergencies, and the others deal with the regular patients in a timely manner. I asked to speak to the office manager. i asked her, "Why was
  • Long wait times
Dec 04, 2022
Wrist Surgery
Dr. Edelstein is amazing nothing but positive things from scheduling an appointment to the day of surgery, it was a positive experience. Snowboarding accident cause me to fracture my wrist it was my first time breaking a bone however Dr. Edelstein is incredibly knowledgeable and advise me of my options. Surgery was quick to schedule and my wrist has healed back to normal. Highly recommend Dr. Edelstein he cares about his patients and makes you feel welcome.
Jordan – Mar 25, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Very Friendly And Straight To The Point, No Nonsense Doctor. Tells You How It Is And Recommends The Best Option Moving Forward. Would Extremely Recommend If You Want The Best Possible Recovery.
Isaac R. – Jan 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein is an Excellent doctor. He takes his time to listen to his patients, and offers plenty of options. I recently had a surgery with him which was very successful. I would definitely recommend Dr. Edelstein to family and friends.
Eric – Oct 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Dr. David Edelstein is compassionate and understanding. He genuinely listens to his patients and takes the time to address their concerns. He is extremely professional and a very skillful surgeon. I highly recommend him.
Nanette Rossi – Aug 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
I've been to Dr. Edelstein twice before after injuring my hand. He's really nice and helpful 100% would reccomend.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Jul 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
The office is professional. They respect all Covid procedures, my time and my needs . Dr. Edelstein is top notch. He explained my procedure from start to finish. Very personable and genuinely cares! I wouldn’t have trusted my hands to ANYONE else!
Anthony D'adamo – May 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
I has severe carpal tunnel in both of my wrists. As a DJ I had A LOT of concerns. Dr. Edelstein made sure I was in great hands from his staff to his constant communication and care before during and after my surgery!!! I can’t thank him enough. He did both my wrists at the same time. My hands are as good as new thanks to this incredible Surgeon!!! I would recommend him to everyone I can. Thank you Dr. Edelstein and the Bone & Joint center at Maimonides!!!
Dj Skribble – Mar 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Have been his patient for over 15 years. He is great, very good and takes his time to explain everything.
Vivian – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein is a consummate professional. His sincere compassion for his patients is something you don't always find in healthcare now a days. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone in need. The Maimonides Bone and Joint Center is a truly a special place!
Bill Howe – Mar 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Great visit. Doctor made the appointment quick and painless. With pinpoint precision, I can say I am happy with the results and already see the ganglion cyst that was located on my wrist going down in size. Definitely would recommended ????
James Jackson – Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Every visit went well. I have no complaints. Doc E n all the staff are aces.
Feb 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Dr Edelstein is hands down and all around great guy and wonderful doctor.
Allison Weitz – Jan 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein operated on my broken wrist. He is a miracle worker. I was back to using my wrist at about 90% capacity in one month after surgery. He is very knowledgeable, has great bedside manners and has the hands of gold. I highly recommend this doctor.
Renata Mazus – Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
I'm not sure Dr. Edelstein needs any more 5 star reviews... but he certainly deserves all of them. Everything positive has already been said here: no long waits, great bedside manner, straightforward explanations. Dr. Edelstein takes the time to check on you, answer your questions, and above all, my hand feels so much better after surgery and therapy to fix the break. I'd also like to stress that the entire staff is pleasant! The therapists here, Merry and Michael in my case, were also extremely caring and personable... I'd even say friendly. Keep up the great work all!
Matt W – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein was great. I broke my wrist at the beginning of the pandemic, thought it had healed, and then had to have surgery, which was very discouraging. But Dr. Edelstein walked me through it, was clear about what would happen, and as I healed was consistently honest and straightforward about what to expect. Also (maybe due to the conditions imposed by the pandemic) I never waited more than a few minutes to be seen on the about 5 total visits I had and the Dr. wasn't rushed, answered the questions I needed to ask.
Adam – Aug 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstein is great! Would highly recommend to others! No wait time, great bedside manner, and fantastic surgeon! Could not have had a better experience! Will definitely be back if ever needed! Thank you Dr. Edelstein!
Kelly D – Aug 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Dr. Edelstien performed surgery on my broken wrist. I appreciated his calm and confident manner. He is a skilled surgeon and thoroughly and clearly explained each step of the process. I would certainly recommend Dr. Edelstein to family and friends.
Jun 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
Broke my middle finger in a snowboarding accident. Dr Edelstein was professional, clear and very helpful along the way. After a few visits and one surgery, I am extremely happy to say I have completely recovered! Overall seamless experience and although it was a bad break, Dr Edelstein was confident throughout the whole process. Rightfully so.
Jesse – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?
I absolutely love Dr. Edelstein! I've been a patient for the past 4 years, he performed 2 of my wrist surgeries. I found him simply by researching the best hand surgeons in NY and reading reviews and it was the best decision I made. His bedside manner is amazing. He's extremely informative every step of the way, he answers all questions and makes sure you have a clear understanding from beginning to end. He and his staff responds immediately to any questions or concerns you may have, may it be with appointments, prescriptions or necessary documentation. The onsite services are a great plus. My casts and splints were made onsite and customized to my liking. If I had to say anything negative it would only be in regards to the wait time to see Dr. Edelstein for scheduled appointments, it can be anywhere from a half an hour to an hour on average. However, I personally believe he is worth the wait, he's a fantastic doctor and has a great personality!
Tashauna Jackson – Apr 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Edelstein, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Edelstein?