Dr. David Edelstein, MD

Orthopedic Hand SurgeryMaleAge 46

Telehealth services available

Dov M. Kolker M.d.p.c.

6010 Bay Pkwy Fl 7 Brooklyn, NY 11204

Dr. David Edelstein, MD is a Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialist in Brooklyn, NY and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Edelstein has more experience with Hand & Wrist Surgery, Elbow Surgery, and Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University medical school in 2001. He is affiliated with Maimonides Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Edelstein to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Edelstein with our nearby Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists at NYU Langone Health.

Make an appointment at NYU Langone Health today at (347) 506-2896.

These providers are on the medical staff of NYU Langone Health.

Dr. Edelstein's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Edelstein

Dr. Edelstein
Dr. David Edelstein is compassionate and understanding. He genuinely listens to his patients and takes the time to address their concerns. He is extremely professional and a very skillful surgeon. I highly recommend him.
Nanette Rossi – Aug 24, 2021
I've been to Dr. Edelstein twice before after injuring my hand. He's really nice and helpful 100% would reccomend.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Jul 12, 2021
The office is professional. They respect all Covid procedures, my time and my needs . Dr. Edelstein is top notch. He explained my procedure from start to finish. Very personable and genuinely cares! I wouldn’t have trusted my hands to ANYONE else!
Anthony D'adamo – May 11, 2021
I has severe carpal tunnel in both of my wrists. As a DJ I had A LOT of concerns. Dr. Edelstein made sure I was in great hands from his staff to his constant communication and care before during and after my surgery!!! I can’t thank him enough. He did both my wrists at the same time. My hands are as good as new thanks to this incredible Surgeon!!! I would recommend him to everyone I can. Thank you Dr. Edelstein and the Bone & Joint center at Maimonides!!!
Dj Skribble – Mar 29, 2021
Have been his patient for over 15 years. He is great, very good and takes his time to explain everything.
Vivian – Mar 26, 2021
Dr. Edelstein is a consummate professional. His sincere compassion for his patients is something you don't always find in healthcare now a days. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone in need. The Maimonides Bone and Joint Center is a truly a special place!
Bill Howe – Mar 25, 2021
Great visit. Doctor made the appointment quick and painless. With pinpoint precision, I can say I am happy with the results and already see the ganglion cyst that was located on my wrist going down in size. Definitely would recommended ????
James Jackson – Mar 17, 2021
Every visit went well. I have no complaints. Doc E n all the staff are aces.
Feb 23, 2021
Dr Edelstein is hands down and all around great guy and wonderful doctor.
Allison Weitz – Jan 10, 2021
Dr. Edelstein operated on my broken wrist. He is a miracle worker. I was back to using my wrist at about 90% capacity in one month after surgery. He is very knowledgeable, has great bedside manners and has the hands of gold. I highly recommend this doctor.
Renata Mazus – Dec 15, 2020
I'm not sure Dr. Edelstein needs any more 5 star reviews... but he certainly deserves all of them. Everything positive has already been said here: no long waits, great bedside manner, straightforward explanations. Dr. Edelstein takes the time to check on you, answer your questions, and above all, my hand feels so much better after surgery and therapy to fix the break. I'd also like to stress that the entire staff is pleasant! The therapists here, Merry and Michael in my case, were also extremely caring and personable... I'd even say friendly. Keep up the great work all!
Matt W – Oct 27, 2020
Dr. Edelstein was great. I broke my wrist at the beginning of the pandemic, thought it had healed, and then had to have surgery, which was very discouraging. But Dr. Edelstein walked me through it, was clear about what would happen, and as I healed was consistently honest and straightforward about what to expect. Also (maybe due to the conditions imposed by the pandemic) I never waited more than a few minutes to be seen on the about 5 total visits I had and the Dr. wasn't rushed, answered the questions I needed to ask.
Adam – Aug 04, 2020
Dr. Edelstein is great! Would highly recommend to others! No wait time, great bedside manner, and fantastic surgeon! Could not have had a better experience! Will definitely be back if ever needed! Thank you Dr. Edelstein!
Kelly D – Aug 04, 2020
Dr. Edelstien performed surgery on my broken wrist. I appreciated his calm and confident manner. He is a skilled surgeon and thoroughly and clearly explained each step of the process. I would certainly recommend Dr. Edelstein to family and friends.
Jun 25, 2020
Broke my middle finger in a snowboarding accident. Dr Edelstein was professional, clear and very helpful along the way. After a few visits and one surgery, I am extremely happy to say I have completely recovered! Overall seamless experience and although it was a bad break, Dr Edelstein was confident throughout the whole process. Rightfully so.
Jesse – May 27, 2020
I absolutely love Dr. Edelstein! I've been a patient for the past 4 years, he performed 2 of my wrist surgeries. I found him simply by researching the best hand surgeons in NY and reading reviews and it was the best decision I made. His bedside manner is amazing. He's extremely informative every step of the way, he answers all questions and makes sure you have a clear understanding from beginning to end. He and his staff responds immediately to any questions or concerns you may have, may it be with appointments, prescriptions or necessary documentation. The onsite services are a great plus. My casts and splints were made onsite and customized to my liking. If I had to say anything negative it would only be in regards to the wait time to see Dr. Edelstein for scheduled appointments, it can be anywhere from a half an hour to an hour on average. However, I personally believe he is worth the wait, he's a fantastic doctor and has a great personality!
Tashauna Jackson – Apr 18, 2020
I was very pleased with Dr Edelstein. He had a great bedside manner, was kind, very easy to talk to and patient with my many questions. Also, I barely felt the injection needle so his level of skill and finesse was above par. I would Definitely recommend him. I recommended him to a family member and she has been happy with her treatment so far.
Mar 02, 2020
I dont wait long at all in the reception area. Dr. David Edelstein is a great orthopedic surgeon and he has taken good care of my wrist so I have no more pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Edelstein to family and friends and I have done so. Thanks again Dr. Edelstein.
Bella Berliner – Feb 21, 2020
He is an excellent doctor. The best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever been too!
Vicky Esses – Nov 20, 2019
My first visit was great from the girls outside to the xray tech and his assistant they treated me awesome. I was referred to Dr. David Edelstein for a non-Functuonal left ring finger. I crushed my finger almost 30 years ago and have not been able to close my hand. Dr. Edelstein was great he made like I was a part of my surgery and the day of the surgery. Brooklyn Surgery Center treated me like a king from the doctor to the nurses was the best experience. From his trusting smile to a great bedside manner he takes away all those nerves that your feeling. I had my finger amputated and the old pain is allready gone in 10 days. When you go to his office he calls you by his first name, and just makes you feel like a like more than a patient and truly cares. I have some more issues to take care of he is my doctor. Thank you Sir.
Michael K Maginsky – Sep 28, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Edelstein?

Dr. Edelstein specializes in orthopedic surgery of the hand and treats arthritis, broken bones, lacerations, and pain in hands, wrists or elbows. He also...Read more

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Hand Surgery
  • Hand Surgery

Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopedic Institute
Maimonides Medical Center
2001
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University

Does Dr. David Edelstein, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Edelstein has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. David Edelstein, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. David Edelstein, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Edelstein's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. David Edelstein, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Edelstein accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. David Edelstein, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Edelstein frequently treats Hand & Wrist Surgery, Elbow Surgery, and Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. See all practice areas where Dr. Edelstein specializes.

Where is Dr. David Edelstein, MD's office located?

Dr. Edelstein's office is located at 6010 Bay Pkwy Fl 7, Brooklyn, NY 11204. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. David Edelstein, MD?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Edelstein

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Edelstein treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Edelstein treats other conditions, please contact the office at (718) 283-8927.

Hand & Wrist Surgery

Hand and wrist conditions including arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, Dupuytren's contracture, and fractures or sprains, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Hand & Wrist Surgery specialists.

Dr. Edelstein is experienced in the area of Hand & Wrist Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 24 conditions and procedures

Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
Hand Fracture

Elbow Surgery

Elbow surgeons perform proceduras including arthroscopy, replacement, resurfacing, or tendon repair to treat conditions affecting the elbow, such as arthritis, dislocations, and hyperextension.Compare with other Elbow Surgery specialists.

Dr. Edelstein is experienced in the area of Elbow Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
Elbow Bursitis

Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery

Shoulder and upper arm conditions include arthritis, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries, and dislocations, with treatment options such as surgery or physical therapy.Compare with other Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery specialists.

Dr. Edelstein is experienced in the area of Shoulder & Upper Arm Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 22 conditions and procedures

• Elbow Tenotomy
  • Excision of Metacarpal and Carpal
  • Excision of Radius or Ulna
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Humerus Fracture
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Meniscus Surgery
  • Musculoskeletal Function Test
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Wrist Fracture
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Dr. Edelstein accepts

Dr. Edelstein accepts the following insurance:

Select