Dr. David Donohue, MD

Dr. Donohue
Telehealth services available

Florida Orthopaedic Institute

13020 N Telecom Pkwy Temple Terrace, FL 33637

Dr. David Donohue, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Temple Terrace, FL. Dr. Donohue has more experience with Knee & Lower Limb Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Donohue to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Donohue with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Tampa Community Hospital, A Campus of Memorial Hospital of Tampa.

Make an appointment at Tampa Community Hospital, A Campus of Memorial Hospital of Tampa today at (813) 994-0358.

These providers are on the medical staff of Tampa Community Hospital, A Campus of Memorial Hospital of Tampa.

Dr. Donohue's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Donohue

Dr. Donohue?
  • Listened & answered questions (22)
  • Staff friendliness (22)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (21)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (1)
  • Long wait times (1)
I highly recommend Dr. Donohue. If you want a doctor who listens, has a great bedside manor, is professional and is an excellent surgeon, you have to see Dr. Donohue. I've been to many doctors at Florida Orthopedic over the years and I have total trust in all of them. Dr. Donahue did a total revision on my left knee and it came out perfect. You can put your faith in him. Thanks David.
Patty Southcomb – Jun 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
After my doctor retiring I went to many surgeons when I could no longer put off having my knee replaced. I am truly blessed finding Dr. Donahue and his staff. My experience with knee replacement has been amazing and I can’t wait to have the next done. It has been six weeks and it has changed my daily routine just with the one being done.
JoeP – Jun 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Dr Donahue along with his staff, (especially April) were phenomenal! I had been looking for a surgeon to replace my right knee for over seven years when finally another surgeon recommended him and now no more bone on bone excruciating pain, after just 6 weeks. I can't even imagine the changes in my abilities in a few more months. I would highly recommend him!
Charlu S – Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Dr. Donohue is very intelligent, kind, thorough, detail oriented, and took all the time needed to explain to me, and show me (on x-rays) what needed to be done to fix my knee and how it would be done so I understood it completely. My partial knee replacement was done expertly and efficiently and my recovery was quicker and easier because I knew what to expect. I am very pleased and have recommended Dr. Donohue to several of my friends and family already.
Nancy Hanbury – Jan 21, 2021
Nancy, thank you for your 5 star review. We will...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Dr. Donohue has gifted hands. After my first visit I realized Dr. Donohue was a great listener, who takes pride in his work. After two months I don’t use a cane and I’m pain free.
Jan 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Suffered with arthritis pain for many years in my hip. Dr. Donohue took my case and did a miracle in my eyes, just three months after surgery I was salsa dancing! There was no change to my lifestyle and no pain. Thank you Dr. Donohue. One year and going strong.
Michael S. – Dec 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Dr. Donahue performed a right total hip replacement one year ago this month. Just left his office after my one year follow up. Surgery went as planned and everything since then has been great. I'm doing things now that I haven't done in years. One tip I can give someone that has a total hip replacement is to do your therapy and then some and you'll get through it so much better. Highly recommend Dr. Donahue.
Steve C. – Dec 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Great visit and very much impressed with Doctor. He was pleasant but professional very knowledgeable I did not feel rushed he explained everything very well and that's why I had to decided to go forward with a surgery.
  • Long wait times
Katheryn L. Landon – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
I saw Dr. Donahue on 10/30 in his office. He told me that I needed a total hip replacement and that he could do it in December. He told me he would like to give me a pain injection into my right hip to make sure the pain is coming from my hip. He told me he would give me a local & pain medication-Bupivacaine. I told him that I did not want a steroid injection and he agreed. Not only did I have bad reactions from my previous two pain injections but I would not be able to have surgery for 3 months after having a steroid due to increased risk of infection. On 11/2-he gave me a steroid injection and did not tell me or get my consent! He totally forgot our conversation from Friday and says “oh, you’re the one who had reactions to the steroid. Well, that’s not going to happen with your hip” The local wore off in 4 hrs & I was back to severe pain. I went to another Dr. who was very upset that I was given a steroid. Now I am suffering in severe pain and have to wait for surgery to be done!??
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 03, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Just had my one year follow-up visit in October with Dr. Donahue said both knees are in great shape and could tell did my rehab in full . He is an excellent surgeon and to complete his work you have to do the rehab to reap the full benefits of his great skill. thanks Dr. Donahue
henry browning – Nov 09, 2020
Henry, thank you for your 5 star rating for Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Dr Donohue is THE most dedicated and professional ortho surgeon I have ever been to. His skill level is far superior to other ortho surgeons I have been to and his staff, especially April, are amazing. I was told by another ortho surgeon I would have to live with the pain. Dr. Donohue's caring, compassion and dedication to patient care was superior and the hip replacement surgery he performed was a total success. I would highly recommend Dr Donohue to anyone who needs an ortho consult for hip/knee issues or replacements. I can't rave enough about this fantastic physician. Thank you for making a difference in my life.
Brenda F. – Nov 04, 2020
Thank you for your 5 star rating and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Absolutely I would very highly recommend Dr. Donahue to everyone!! He is a wonderful person as well as a great doctor who worked a miracle restoring my knee to normal functionality. He said my knee was a "mess". From the first visit to the last visit, everything was explained in detail by Dr. Donahue and his staff. I can never thank them enough. By the way, he was recommended to me by a friend and now I am happy to pay it forward.
Yvonne Taylor – Nov 01, 2020
Yvonne, thank you for your 5 star rating and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
I had a hip replacement on August 25th by Dr. Donahue. I experienced very little pain and was home the next day. I am back at work and improving everyday. I am extremely happy with Dr. Donahue and his team at Florida Orthopedic Institute. I highly recommend Dr. Donahue and staff.
Mark Ferone – Oct 13, 2020
Mark, thank your for your 5 star rating! We love...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
I needed a knee replacement about a year ago and Dr Donahue is the surgeon who took care of me. I highly recommend this surgeon. He explained everything to me carefully and took the time to answer all my questions. All the preparation testing was easily completed in a timely fashion. I did really well with the surgery and my scar is minimal. I now have no pain whatsoever in that knee. Thank you, Dr Donahue! You are my hero!!
Char Merritt – Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Great doctor and great staff. Appointments are on time. Dr. answers all questions that you have. Replaced my right hip 6 weeks ago and I will use Dr. Donohue to replace my left hip in the near future. The surgery and recovery has been nearly pain free.
M. Erickson – Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Dr. Donohue is outstanding. He is caring, compassionate and excellent at what he does. My recovery from a total hip replacement is progressing much more quickly than I had imagined, and I am well on my way to resuming a pain-free, active lifestyle. I can't thank him enough for what he has given me back in terms of my health and mobility.
B. Irigoyen – Jun 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Excellent doctor!! outstanding attention, his staff are very professional, courteous and responsible. I recommend Dr. Donahue 100%.
Noelia F. – May 25, 2020
Dr. Donohue's Reply –
Thank you, Noelia!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Experiencing a harrowing tragedy that required two emergency surgeries, I was quite fortunate to have the competent and compassionate Dr. David Donohue as my surgeon. Arriving in an ambulance, Dr. Donohue surgically repaired my dislocated right femur (thigh bone) and complicated acetabular fracture (hip) . Three months after surgery, I continue to work on regaining my mobility and am extremely grateful for Dr. Donohue’s intelligence and strong surgical skills because my operation was challenging and risky.
Beth C. – Dec 03, 2019
Hi Beth, thank you for the five stars! We are...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
Right hip replacement. Uses no staples. Inside sutures. Hardly felt when cut two knots and pulled from top and bottom 4 wks & I am doing great. He always has time for any question. I would use him again.
Nov 25, 2019
We are excited to hear that after only 4 weeks...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?
My visit to Dr. Donohue exceeded my expectations! From front office to exam room to CT & back to exam room - exceptional, friendly, kind interactions. I wish all my orthopedic problems involved my hips!
Rebecca Black – Sep 16, 2019
Hi Rebecca, thank you for the five star review!...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Donohue, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Donohue?

I take pride in returning patients to a healthy level of function and making sure they understand each step of their care throughout the process.

Dr. Donohue is fellowship trained in orthopedic trauma surgery, adult reconstruction and arthritis surgery, and is board eligible by the American Board...Read more

• Orthopedic Trauma Surgery