Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Donahoe, MD
Dr. David Donahoe, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Mobile, AL. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Donahoe is affiliated with Springhill Medical Center, Providence Hospital and Infirmary Health - Mobile Infirmary.

3610 Springhill Memorial Dr N

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • CHAMPVA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • National Elevator
  • Planned Administration Inc

Learn about Dr. Donahoe

See how frequently Dr. Donahoe performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Spine
Bone Disorders
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Donahoe's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Donahoe "D. Kevin Donahoe, MD is a board-certified, fellowship trained Orthopaedic surgeon specializing in the complexities of the Spine."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University of Mississippi
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Ms School Of Med

Dr. Donahoe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Donahoe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Donahoe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Donahoe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Donahoe to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Donahoe's Performance
in Mobile, AL |
These reviews have to be from staff, relatives or friends because they are far from honest. Dr. Donahoe does not possess an ounce of compassion. He does not take notes therefore allowing him to say he forgot what he discussed on a previous visit. He is very negative and sarcastic. Honestly I have to agree with another post that says "Run!!!" because it is definitely a total waste of time, money and energy. Don't be fooled by these positive comments. Trust me you'll regret it!!
Hi Still In Pain, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. This is not what we are used to hearing and will address your concerns and complaints. As much as we appreciate all the great things said about AOC, it takes a lot of nerve to express the negative. However, we thank you for that. It is what helps us grow and fix problems that we might not be aware of.
in Madison, MS |
Dr Donahoe is a very kind, compassionate doctor. I started seeing him in 2007 when he was in Jackson, MS. I then followed him to Mobile when he moved. I drive 3.5 hours each way to see him.
in Mobile, AL |
My previous review was cut short by accident. Dr. Donahoe and PA Justin were recommended to me by a friend that has worked at Springhill Hospital for many years. My lumbar pain has been quite awful, but as mentioned in my previous review we have a strong plan in place. Dr. Donahoe' staff went out of their way to get me scheduled for an epidural from a physician that is not associated with AOC. I am highly recommending Dr. Donahoe and Justin to anyone experiencing back pain. 5 Stars
in Mobile, AL |
Dr. Donahoe took time to answer all my questions, and seemed concerned about my concerns. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
Hi Gail Shields, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at D. Kevin Donahoe, MD. We're happy we could meet your expectations! We think Dr. Donahoe We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care! is quite the rock star!
Mobile, AL |
He doesnt check your whole chart before speaking to you and he doesn't take the time to meet you the first time, instead he has his nurse practitioner meet with you. He had no idea of my medical history even though it was right in front of him on the screen
in Satsuma |
Dr. Donahoe was friendly, personable, and able to diagnose the problem and provide solutions in a timely manner. In addition to the diagnosis and treatment of the problem, he was able to offer recommendations to prevent problems from reoccuring in an easy to understand and easy to implement fashion. It was easy to work with staff to get an appointment and waiting times were minimal from the main waiting room to the x-ray machine and then to the doctor's waiting room.
in Dauphin Island, AL |
After complying with sufficient testing (just X-rays & some physical movements), he was able to explain the likely cause of my lower back pain. While I am interested in further detail as to what caused the source of my pain, I respect the limits of the science (I have seen multiple doctors, and Dr. Donahoe confirmed other medical professional accounts with as much detail as any of the others). He was very personable and left me feeling heard.
in Mobile, AL |
Dr. Donahoe was very irritated with me for going to the Laser Spine Institute for a procedure last year. He brought it up several times and made sarcastic comments to me about it while I was there to review my MRI. It was getting old. He sent me for a discogram with Dr. Carpenter, and during the follow up visit, along with more negative comments about me going to LSI, he said he couldn't understand the results from the discogram and that I should go somewhere else. I will do that!
in Mobile, AL |
Dr. Donahoe was very personable, professional, and attentive.
in Irvington, AL |
Run!! The only time that I got to see Dr. Donahoe was the pre-surgery consultation and the day of the surgery. After that I could only see the PA. My ACDF surgery was botched. I have had headaches and neck pain since the surgery. No one on Dr. Donahoe's staff will listen. I am now under the care of a neurologist and neurosurgeon, which is where I should have gone in the first place. DO NOT LET THIS GUY CUT ON YOU!!
Have you seen Dr. David Donahoe, MD?

Visit Dr. Donahoe

Dr. Donahoe accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Dental Blue 100/200/300
  • CHAMPVA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • National Elevator