Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Dewitt, MD
Dr. David Dewitt, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Appleton, WI. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Dewitt is affiliated with Aurora Medical Center - Oshkosh and Theda Clark Medical Center.

Neurospine Center Of Wisconsin

5320 W Michaels Dr

Appleton, WI 54913

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Dewitt

Dr. Dewitt's Experience

Dr. Dewitt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Dewitt does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Gout
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2000

Dr. Dewitt has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Dewitt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dewitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dewitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dewitt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dewitt to family and friends
Dr. Dewitt's Performance
in New Berlin, WI |
Dr. DeWitt and his staff have been outstanding. I had a two level cervical disc replacement and the results have been life changing. After 10 years of pain in my arms and neck, it is wonderful to be pain free! The mobility in my neck has also been restored. The procedure was only two hours and I was released four hours after the surgery was completed. The entire experience was great. No neck brace after the procedure!
in Oshkosh, Wi |
I already have recommended him. He is very professional and compassionate. He did back surgery on me which went very well. Prior to surgery, I was bearly able to walk but immediately after my pain was gone and I could walk pain free. Dr.Dewitt and his staff are great. I could not have received better care anywhere.
in Manawa, WI |
Dr. Dewitt was very thorough explaining the surgery before hand and also with the after surgery follow up appointments. I would recommend him to anyone. Very professional and friendly.
in Manitowoc, WI |
I came to Dr. DeWitt for a second opinion after trying various other treatments. My experience was positive. He was interested in my life style and I had input as to what was best for me at this time. He was thorough and explained my options clearly even showing me on the MRI what this procedure would do as well as recovery time and what to expect down the road. I elected to have him do a non invasive surgery on my back and my pain was gone instantly. I am so glad I chose to see him.
in Shawano, WI |
Dr. Dewitt is a very welcoming person. He talk like an everyday person (not in the medical type verbiage), so he is very easy to talk to & ask questions to. He explained the procedure thoroughly & everything went exactly as he said it was going to be.
in Appleton, WI |
Dr Dewitt made me feel very positive that I was referred to the right doctor to do my surgery. He took time to listen and then explain in detail what I would expect from my surgery and recovery. His knowledge is amazing! It's wonderful to be pain free :)
in Appleton, WI |
Concerned, caring, always willing to do the face to face with me. Every part of my ordeal came about just as he said it would. Things couldn't have gone smoother. His team was excellent. I would happily recommend others to Dr. DeWitt.
Oshkosh, WI |
He was amazing! He was so nice, knowledgeable, and can not thank him enough for helping me with my back pain when everyone else turned me down because I was too young. He knew I needed a fusion no matter my age and made my life so much better now!
in Greenville, WI |
Knowledgeable, caring and friendly. Quality care.
in Oshkosh, WI |
Dr. David DeWitt has done 2 surgeries on my back over the last 4 years. The first one was upper neck fusion, and the second one was lower back fusion both where very successful! I am a very active person at the age of 59 and my activities have improved especially my golf game. Obviously they can only do a great surgery, and as a patient you need to take the physical therapy and advice very seriously, but if you follow proper instructions, it should be a success. Physical Therapy worked out well
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Dewitt and his team took wonderful care of me! He is very thorough, personable, and genuinely cares about his patients.
in Oshkosh, WI |
When I met Dr. DeWitt, I had been having pain down the backs of my legs on a daily basis for about a year. It hurt me to stand and especially go up stairs. I'm a fit 60-yr-old with no other health concerns. I had consulted a chiropracter and a pain specialist. The pain specialist referred me to Dr. DeWitt. Dr. DeWitt spoke intelligently and enthusiastically about his work. He loves what he does because this fusion surgery changes people's lives. It changed mine.
in Nichols, WI |
Very competent and skilled surgeon. Always seemed to care for how I felt and how I was recovering. He explained his thoughts on what I needed and listened to my thoughts on what i needed/wanted and concerns.
in Westfield, WI |
Dr. DeWitt was extremely helpful in making me understand the procedures I was going to have and had excellent bedside manner. He always took his time at my appointments to answer my questions and calm any concerns I had. He is a very skilled surgeon!
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. Dewitt performed an L1-L2 fusion. I was somewhat skeptical at first, as my actual pain was lower than the level that Dr Dewitt was doing the surgery. I felt immediate relief, returned to work 1 month later and am 3 months post-op this week and could not be happier with the results. I would highly recommend Dr. Dewitt as well as NP's Pam & Jill and the rest of his team at the Neurospine Center. Thanks Dr. Dewitt!
Oshkosh, WI |
Dr. Dewitt is a good listener and has an astute eye for noticing things. He is very professional and kind.
in Menasha, WI |
I can't recommend Dr. DeWitt more. I have L4-L5-Si anterior posterior fusion in December, 2016. This is after years of issues, culminating with a car accident that added to the challenges. After years of not being able to walk without chronic pain and great limitations in life in general, Dr. DeWitt gave me a new lease on life. It has been 3-months since the operation, and my only struggle is not doing too much. Thank you so much Dr. DeWitt!!!
in Appleton, WI |
Dr. DeWitt performed lower back spinal fusion for me. The next day the pain was gone! He and his staff have great bedside manner. I felt very comfortable at the consult as he took the time to answer all of our questions. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. DeWitt and his staff if you need his services
in Appleton, WI. |
At first I was a little skeptical about going under the knife to have surgery on my neck. After talking with Dr. D Witt, I felt a little more at ease because he explained everything in perfect detail as to what was going to happen , how I would feel, and what I would have to do to get better. I can't say enough about his professionalism, courtesy, and in-depth procedure analysis. I would highly recommend him to anyone, because he did a very good job on me. I can't thank him enough for caring
Pine River, WI |
Very well satisfied and helpful!
in Fond Du Lac, WI |
Great results of my procedure, recovery time was short and exactly what was explained to me prior.
in Oshkosh, WI |
I had A LOT of sciatica pain. After Dr Dewitt's surgery, the pain was gone. Highly recommend.
in Neenah WI |
Dr. DeWitt explained everything involving my surgery. He was honest about the results I would receive after my surgery. He was empathetic and no question was left unanswered. Follow-up was prompt and recovery time was discussed. The ancillary staff was great in setting up appt. and contacting my Insurance company. Physical Therapy was initiated promptly as soon as i was able to be involved in it. I am very active so this was a plus for me. Highly recommend him.
in Shiocton, WI |
I had a L5-S1 Anterior and Posterior Spinal Fusion done by Dr. Dewitt on 8-22-16. After 14 years of pain, I finally found a doctor that knew what needed to be done. I am 3 months post fusion, and have ZERO pain. He was straight forward with me about that I had to do to ensure quick healing. I walked at least a mile a day, starting the day I got home from the hospital. I did my therapy exercises. I am now back to work, and able to be on my feet all day. Thank you to Dr. Dewitt and his team!
in Appleton, WI |
He did an excellent job on my back. Explain very well on what was going to happen and what he was going to do.
in Neshkoro, WI |
Dr. DeWitt spoke at a level I was able to understand without me feeling he was talking down to me.
in Oshkosh, WI |
For three months I suffered with sciatica, numbness in my left leg and shooting pains down both legs. I tried therapy and a spinal injection, neither helped. After reviewing my MRI Dr. DeWitt knew exactly what the problem was. He performed an anterior and posterior spinal fusion of the L4 and L5 vertebrae. Problem solved. Three months after surgery I am back to normal activities. Dr. DeWitt and his staff at the Neuro Spine Center are the best.
Rosendale, WI |
He clearly explained what procedure had to be done to relieve the tremendous pain that I had. They were able to schedule this operation 2 weeks later. Except for the normal pain from the surgery, the initial pain was entirely gone. I believe Dr. DeWitt is an extremely gifted surgeon who has been blessed with making the correct diagnosis and skill in surgical repair.
in Green Bay WI |
Dr Dewitt performed a back fusion with implant and bone graft. I had not been able to walk except for short distances for several years. I had a lot of pain which I managed by laying down or sitting. 3 mos post surgery I am walking and preparing to walk the Breast Cancer Awareness 3 mile walk on Oct 1st. Dr and his staff were excellent in their care for me.
in Fond Du Lac, WI |
Explains things, always kind, seems to truely want to help you. After 6 years of other doctors, he is the only one who helped me.
in Fond Du Lac, WI |
I went to see Dr. Dewitt for pain in my lower back and legs. My first appointment I could not have been more impressed with Dr. Dewitt and his staff. He took the time to explain exactly what was happening and what he could do. He was willing to do whatever was needed to give me the needed relief from the pain i was experiencing. He's one of the best doctors I have ever seen and would highly recommend him to anyone that is experiencing back/neck/leg pain!!! He goes above what is promised!!!
in New Holstein, WI |
From my husband's earliest appointment to his release three months following lumbar disc replacement surgery, Dr. DeWitt's care was excellent. He listened to my husband's medical needs and recommended a solution that returned him to a mobile, pain-free life style. In a most professional and knowledgeable manner, he listened intently, answered our questions and honored the trust we placed in him. Having researched area doctors and procedures, we are pleased to have chosen Dr. David DeWitt.
in Fremont, WI |
I was referred to him for my lower back. After many doctors and visits to figure out what was wrong, and they didnt know, Dr. Dewitt knew what was wrong. It is amazing where I was before he did my surgery and where I am today. I would highly recommend him! I know how it feels to be nervous on surgeons, and which one to choose. You can trust him!
in Menasha, WI |
Dr. DeWitt is very knowledgeable in many aspects of healing/treating chronic conditions. He is a very kind, caring, soft spoken man. I fully have put my trust in him over the last 7 years. He recently performed a Spinal Fusion for me & I am overly pleased with the results! I have regained my quality of life because of his work on me! I would highly recommend him as a surgeon.
in Hortonville, WI |
I would highly recommend Dr. Dewitt. He is honest about the expectations he has with surgery. I had a fusion of L4-L5 with great success. The staff is knowledgeable and very helpful at all times.
in Kaukauna, WI |
Dr Dewitt was extremely patient with all my questions. He took great care of me through the process. Surgery went great!! Follow up appointments went well. It's nice going to an appointment and not waiting forever. Thank you for everything!
in Larsen, WI |
I cannot say enough on how EXCELLENT Dr. DeWitt and the entire staff are at Neuro Spine. I have had 2 surgeries on my neck and 3 surgeries on my back. In all cases I was treated with sincere respect, care, compassion, and have had GREAT results starting from my care plan to the end results from the surgeries. I would highly recommend Dr. DeWitt and the Neuro Spine Center of Wisconsin to anyone who needs care in this specialty.
in Omro, WI |
Very friendly, knowledgeable, helped when another surgeon said there was nothing that could be done. For the first time in a long time, I'm actually pain free for some of my day. Had L4-S1 fusion. During complications, his staff was just a call away, and often answered the phone instead of sent me to voice mail. Warm guy. Easy to talk to. Hopeful.
in Neshkoro, WI |
He is a fantastic doctor. Explained everything very well. My surgery went fantastic. Thank you so much.
in Weyauwega, WI |
Dr. Dewitt recently (11-2-15) performed a spinal fusion on me. He had to remove a previous fusion (performed by someone else) and add another level of fusion. New fusion is level 3, 4, 5 and S1. The fusion included new state of the art materials. I could not be happier with the results. All leg pain is gone and I have my mobility back. Thank you Dr. Dewitt. Richard Meidl 1-27-2016
Have you seen Dr. David Dewitt, MD?
Are you Dr. Dewitt?