Dr. David Dawson, MD

Dr. David Dawson, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. David Dawson, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Federal Way, WA. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Dawson is affiliated with St. Francis Hospital.

David R Dawson MD

720 S 320th St Ste G

Federal Way, WA 98003

• First Choice Health
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Health Net
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Premera Blue Cross
  • Providence Health Plans
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Regence Blue Shield of Washington

Learn about Dr. Dawson

Dr. Dawson's Experience

Dr. Dawson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Neuroplasty
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Johns Hopkins Bayview M C
  • Union Mem Hospital
  • University Hospital
  • University Hospital Of Arkansas

Dr. Dawson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dawson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dawson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dawson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dawson to family and friends
Dr. Dawson's Performance
in Federal Way, WA |
I've been to a lot of doctors in my life but Dr. Dawson is by far the best! He is a great listener, professional, kind, and very thorough. My treatment plan enabled me to return to work much faster than I anticipated. His office staff are also the best I've dealt with -- kind, helpful, & professional. I will gladly return to him when/if needed.
in Tacoma, WA |
Dr. Dawson operated on my shoulder and it is doing Great! He stayed on me to rehab it. When he examined me, he would know if I had been working hard or not. Dr. Dawson is the type of Dr. that shows you that he cares about you getting better. He's what I would call a "Throw Back Dr." Back to a time when doctors cared about there patients, when they would help them prevent illness and health issues. Dr. Dawson will not be Bullied by the System, he's going to do what is Best for his Patient!!
in Auburn, Washington |
Dr. Dawson and his staff are amazing. I had a work related injury, meaning, dealing with L&I. He has gone above and beyond to see that my injury has been properly cared for. I sincerely appreciate his amazing staff! If you need a doctor that will fight for you, and a staff that will help you with the mounds of paperwork.... Then I highly recommend Dr. Dawson. He was able to identify the source of my injury quickly, and it is an injury that is like finding a needle in a haystack! Thanks doc!
in Puyallup, WA |
Dr Dawson performed several surgeries on my knees over the years. He is a great doctor with excellent bedside manner and a great sense of humor. He works well with L&I and fought hard for me several times to get the treatment I needed approved. I have recommended him to friends and co-workers and will continue to do so. Dr Dawson's staff is excellent. They go out of their way to work with odd schedules and have never let me down. They are very friendly and professional.
in Federal Way, WA |
Dr Dawson did great work! He was friendly and informative and kept me in the loop through my entire experience. I would recommend him to anyone with joint issues. He helped me work through the L&I system and got my procedures approved and completed very quickly.
in Tacoma, WA |
Dr. Dawson did meniscus repairs on both my knees, five years apart. His office staff is amazing. Dr. Dawson cares about his patients. He takes time to explain everything. I left surgery feeling better. I am so happy I chose Dr. Dawson as my surgeon and would never go anywhere else!
in Edgewood |
Dawson has been my orthopedic surgeon since I was 18, I am now 39. He is extremely knowledgeable in his field and has gotten me back on my feet every time. He is conservative with treatment and will do everything under the sun before surgery is considered. If he can't do the surgery, he will refer you to someone of his caliber, nothing less. He is no nonsense when it comes to your treatment and recovery, yet has a good beside manner. He is a man of integrity and honor, and is great at his trade
in Seattle, WA |
Very knowledgeable, came in due to a bad car accident and was not sure what was going on with my knee and shoulder. Very helpful getting me referred to the right therapist that I needed. Office staff very friendly, wait time is not long at all, I think the most I have ever waited was 10 min. and I was late for that appointment. Easy scheduling an appointment, with not long of a wait. Very clean office.
in Federal Way, WA |
Excellent doctor and staff. Always great visits when I go there. Even when I'm in pain I can count on this office to brighten my day and help me with my injuries. Would highly recommend.
in Auburn, WA |
I had my first visit ever today with Dr. Dawson. As it is with most first visits, I was a little nervous. The office staff were awesome, easy to talk to, and very, very helpful. Also, Dr. Dawson's nurse was great, made me feel at ease, and has a wonderful sense of humor. Finally, I got to talk to Dr. Dawson. He is a very nice, very informative person. It was nice for a change, to finally meet a Dr.,that actually takes the time to explain what sort of plan we need for proper recovery. Great!!!!
in Seattle, WA |
Say one thing, then does another. We told the office to have shoulder replay, it is bone to bone, then after a few trips, and some trouble, he said he does not do complete surgery, only does SMALL surgery. You tell me what is SMALL surgery mean?? They don't even tell you up front if they can not do surgery! Totally waste our time!
in Federal way |
Thank you dr Dawson for all you have done for me You allways make me feel comfortable and at ease when I come into the office. Thank you
Have you seen Dr. David Dawson, MD?
Are you Dr. Dawson?

Visit Dr. Dawson

Dr. Dawson accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • First Choice Health
    First Choice Health PPO
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • Health Net
    Health Net PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Premera Blue Cross