Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. David Davtyan, MD
David G. Davtyan M.D, FACS, FICS Dr. David Davtyan is a prominent and respected surgeon in Beverly Hills, who is currently at the forefront of the battle against obesity with the newest, safest procedure available, the LAP-BAND System. He is not only one of the most knowledgeable surgeons currently performing the LAP-BAND procedure but he is also a LAP-BAND patient himself. He has experienced first-hand the advantages of this innovative technique and is therefore uniquely qualified to lead his patients to the ultimate success. At a conference on Obesity in Brussels, Belgium he attended a lecture on the LAP-BAND solution as a safe and effective alternative to the highly invasive gastric bypass procedure currently provided as a last resort treatment for severe obesity. He was so impressed with the concept that he felt it might be the key for his own weight loss and decided to have the procedure performed in October 2001 in Brussels by one of the pioneers, Professor Guy-Bernard Cadiere. The results were immediate and dramatic. He lost weight easily and healthfully and never felt the discomfort of hunger. His personal success with the LAP-BAND solution inspired him to return to Belgium to study the procedure under Cadiere. Dr. Davtyan became one of the first surgeons in the United States to be able to offer the LAP-BAND when it became approved by the FDA in April 2001. While other weight loss surgeries involve stomach cutting and/or stapling, the minimally invasive LAP-BAND procedure does not permanently alter the body's anatomy. As a result, the procedure is essentially reversible and the LAP-BAND can be removed without damaging any organs. With LAP-BAND, surgery is performed laparoscopically by placing an inflatable band around the upper part of the stomach. The new, smaller upper stomach pouch and a narrowed outlet limit the stomach capacity and increase the feeling of fullness. Once implanted, the band can be adjusted in the doctor's office in a matter of minutes; tightening it, to achieve more weight loss when needed, such as during pregnancy. Dr. Davtyan, who prior to his own LAP-BAND procedure specialized exclusively in surgical oncology, sees many parallels between cancer and obesity. Both diseases commonly show a genetic predisposition and each is affected by environmental factors. Both are emotionally crippling and often chronic. There are few effective treatments for obesity or cancer and both need complex, comprehensive approaches in addition to surgery. Dr. Davtyan is a Board Certified General Surgeon, Bariatric Surgeon and Surgical Oncologist in private practice in Beverly Hills. He graduated from UCLA Medical School in 1989 and was mentored by Dr. Donald Morton at the John Wayne Cancer Institute where he received a Fellowship in Surgical Oncology in 1997. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the International College of Surgeons. He is also Board Certified by the American Board of Bariatric Medicine. Dedicated to public service, Dr. Davtyan has worked for years providing breast cancer early detection services for uninsured patients and has organized fundraisers for Breast Cancer Awareness, Women's and Men's Health and for a medical library for the Armenian Medical University in Yerevan, Armenia. It is also here where he led a delegation of 70 American physicians to its opening. He also organized a fundraiser banquet for the "Jews in Crisis" project with the Jewish Federation which raised $260,000 for Sourasky Hospital Trauma Center in Tel Aviv, Israel. He regularly gives lectures and presentations on the LAP-BAND system as a new method of obesity treatment and has done numerous television interviews and hosted a weekly educational health program on Russian and Armenian cable networks.

436 N Bedford Dr Ste 207

Beverly Hills, CA 90210

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Davtyan

Dr. Davtyan is Board Certified by the American Board of Bariatric Medicine Surgical Oncology (Certification # 1374. Issuance: 5/16/05- 7/01/14) and the American Board of Surgery (Certificate # 041985. Issuance: 02/11/997-7/1/2017). We encourage you to visit our website and download Dr. Davtyan's full CV where you could view his extensive educational background or verify his credentials. David G. Davtyan MD, FACS, FICS is one of a few doctors who has such level of educational background, experience and expertise in both, Bariatric Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Davtyan firmly believes in comprehensive management of obesity. He and his staff have a team approach and work in collaboration with various experts in related sub-specialties to ensure complete and thorough pre-operative recovery. To ensure best outcomes, Dr. Davtyan's practice offers patients easy and frequent access to numerous clinics for close and attentive follow-ups.

Dr. Davtyan's Experience

Dr. Davtyan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Bariatric Surgery

• Follicular Thyroid Cancer
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gallstones
  • Gastric Cancer, Borrmann 4
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Generalized Obesity
  • Weight-Related Conditions

• Abdominal Mass Biopsy
  • Acid Reflux Surgery
  • Adjustable Gastric Banding
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Biliary Drainage
  • Distal Pancreatectomy
  • Duodenal Polypectomy
  • Duodenal Surgery
  • Duodenoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Esophageal Cancer Resection
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagogastroscopy
  • Modified Radical Mastectomy
  • Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy
  • ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon System Insertion
  • Open Diaphragmatic and-or Paraesophageal Hiatal Hernia Repair
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Pancreatic Biopsy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Surgical Biopsy
  • Total or Simple Mastectomy
  • Whipple Procedure

No malpractice history found for California.

• Institute of Medicine Bucuresti
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • University Of California, Los Angeles, School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1990
  • University Of Texas Houston, Department of Surgery. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center: General Surgery Residency
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • John Wayne Cancer Institute: Fellowship in Surgical Oncology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • John Wayne Cancer Institute: National Institute of Health Clinical and Research Fellowship in Surgical Oncology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • UCLA Department of Surgery: American Cancer Society Clinical and Research Fellowship in Surgical Oncology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Davtyan has no media or publications listed.

• Armenian
  • French
  • Romanian
  • Russian

Dr. Davtyan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Davtyan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Davtyan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Davtyan to family and friends
Dr. Davtyan's Performance
in Los Angeles, CA |
. My goal was to lose at least 85 lbs and even though I only had the Lap Band procedure in February 2016, I’ve already lost 65 lbs. The procedure was very easy, I don’t even remember waking up, all of a sudden I was just at home. The surgery center he operates out of is very nice, clean and professional. I owe everything to Dr. Davtyan. He has been perfect through my whole journey and he is easily one of the nicest men I ever met in my life.
in Orange County, CA |
The doctor is kind and listens to you and he’s an educated man. He knows his stuff. The staff is very helpful and make you feel good. You never halve a problem when you call and they will always take the time for you. They don’t make you feel stupid for answering questions they’ve already answered. I drive up from Orange County and he’s worth the drive. I highly recommend Dr. Davtyan all the time. I even recommended him once to a stranger on a plane to Hawaii.
in Fontata, CA |
When we were researching the lap band, I talked to my personal doctor, who happens to be a patient of Dr. Davtyan and immediately recommended him. During the consultation with him, he ran tests and was very thorough, which I appreciated. Dr. Davtyan is stellar -- he’s had the band so he knows what it’s like to go through this. The whole team is very supportive and it’s like seeing family. They are our cheerleaders, our success is their success, but they really truly want you to be successful.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Davtyan really is a life saver. I feel so much better now, I don’t have issues with my leg anymore, I’m on half the dose of my thyroid medication, I’m more mobile, content with myself socially, and even my self esteem has improved. When I’m at the doctor’s office, I don’t feel like a number. I feel like he’s family and he’s always made me feel that way from the first day, which isn’t always the case with physicians.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Davtyan goes above and beyond for his patients. He really does treat you like family. I had good insurance when I started my treatment with Dr. Davtyan, but unfortunately I lost it and my new insurance doesn’t cover my visits. However, the doctor was very generous and provided me with a free deflation because he knew it would have been hard on me financially to pay for it without insurance. He doesn’t let anything get in the way of his professional care.
Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Davtyan was the best choice for me to go after my consultation I was very comfortable with choosing him as my surgeon and I now I'm so much happier with the progress that I'm already seeing in such a short amount of time everyone in his office is amazing anytime I have any questions they are happy to explain in ways where I don't need to worry and I couldn't be happier going with Dr. Davtyan I made the right choice going to him.
Chino, CA |
Dr. Davtyan is an INCREDIBLE surgeon! He is Professional, Courteous and TOP NOTCH in my opinion. My husband had his lapband by Dr. Davtyan about 8 years ago and has been a success! I just had my done and am on the way to losing it ALL!!!! His staff is like family and they care so much about your well-being and health! Always available and knowledgeable. He is a lifetime Doctor who really cares about his patients and is an EXCELLENT surgeon.
Beverly Hills |
That’s the difference between Dr. Davtyan and other doctors – he’s very honest and really looks out for his patients. He gives me his real opinion and isn’t the type to give you things you don’t need. It’s hard these days to find someone as honest and ethical as him. I got great results because of Dr. Davtyan and highly recommend him.
in Santa Monica, CA |
Everything with this procedure and was smooth sailing and I can’t help but give the credit to Dr. Davtyan and his amazing staff. They were always accessible to see me if needed or to answer any questions I had. Dr. Davtyan is just so invested in his patients, it felt like he was truly on my team and would do everything in his power to make sure I succeeded. I think the results speak for themselves. Dr. Davtyan is a fantastic doctor. If you need to lose weight, he’s the doctor for you.
in Glendale, CA |
My overall experience with Dr. Davtyan has been wonderful. I would rate it a 10 out of 10. His staff are also great. They are very kind and helpful and they always encourage me and are there for me whenever I need help. Every time I need an appointment I can get one. I’ve honestly never had any issues with anything. I look great, I feel great and I will continue to take care of myself and my body.
Glendale, CA |
As a healthcare professional, and a former Professor at the UCLA Medical School. I carefully researched who was the best trained and highest quality surgeon for LapBand’s in Southern California. Dr. Davtyan’s credentials are unmatched. He was trained as a surgeon and least invasive specialist at MD Anderson/ Univ. of Texas, the top Cancer Center in the World, and has done hundreds upon hundreds of Lap Band procedures outpatient.
Pasadena, CA |
Finally my dream came true to be able to wear size 6-8. I love my new look and I got back my self-esteem and my self-confidence and I owe all this to my Dr. David Davtyan. He is the best with his golden fingers. I thank him very much for what he made me and today I'm proudly going out and looking fantastic. He gave me a new life, a new look and a great feeling. Thank you Dr. Davtyan. You are the best surgeon I could have ever hoped for!
Glendale, CA |
Having the Gastric Band has changed my life. The emotional stress of yo-yo dieting is no longer, I can now enjoy food without worry. Thanks to Dr. Davtyan and the "band" now for the first time, I feel that I am the person that I was meant to be. You are my hero! Thank you for changing my life. You are the greatest doctor ever! I appreciate you more than you will ever know. Blessings to you, and your family. May you always be prosperous.
Los Angeles, CA |
An absolute delight from start to finish. Strange way to describe surgery, isn’t it? But it’s true. Dr. Davtyan is a doll. He made it clear that he is available at any time and he means it! The week after surgery was a nervous time for me, imagining everything that could go wrong. He (and his staff) nursed me through that time and I was so grateful for that. A week after surgery, I am in great shape and look forward to a healthier future, thanks to Dr. Davtyan.
in Newport Beach |
Dr Davtyan had being my weight loss doctor for 9 months already. And for the very first time in my constant loss weight battle, I have seen results in a short time. Not just provided me all the information about the Obera balloon, but put so much interest on how I feel during the process and my final successful result. His whole entire team is amazing, warm and very professional. They have so many procedures and satisfied costumers, that helped me to take the decision on really take care of my w
Have you seen Dr. David Davtyan, MD?
Are you Dr. Davtyan?