Dr. David Davis, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 74

Psychiatry

Dr. David Davis, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has over 49 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from SUNY Upstate Med Univ in 1973. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. David Davis, MD

David M Davis & Assoc Inc

20101 SW Birch St Ste 100 Newport Beach, CA 92660

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Davis' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Davis' Top Procedures and Conditions

Dementia or Depression Screening

Dr. Davis performs Dementia or Depression Screening more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Davis performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluation

• Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Dr. Davis accepts

Dr. Davis accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross

Dr. Davis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Davis

Dr. Davis is the kind of quality psychiatrist that is extremely difficult to find these days. Most psychiatrists view their primary function as diagnosis/medication management, which means they have you in and out of their office within 10 minutes with some prescription. Dr. Davis is totally different because he also specializes in psychotherapy, and I believe that talking with him over the course of the past year really helped me uncover the root causes of my issues. In combination with the minimal meds he prescribed, it made me a much healthier person, and for that I am so grateful. He is caring and funny, even when he is asking the tough questions, so I always felt I could be honest with him.
Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Worst psychiatrist I've ever had. He victim-blamed me numerous times, and showed no empathy or support even though I suffer from many traumas. He often wasn't interested in hearing me describe myself and interrupted me numerous times as if I was worthless. Pretty much just dismissed me and prescribed anti-depressants that caused horrible insomnia. All of my previous therapists at least showed some basic empathy and respect towards me His receptionist is also by far the worst receptionist I've ever dealt with. When speaking to her over the phone, she was blunt, condescending, and not friendly at all. In her emails, she types in all caps with minimal words just to emphasize her arrogance and how little I mattered to her
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Gerry – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Davis for several years for treatment related to my depression and I am really pleased with the treatment plan he has developed for me. Dr. Davis is very insightful regarding my thought patterns and has come up with a combination of meds and a cognitive approach that have reduced the frequency and intensity of my mood swings to a point where I consider myself to be in remission. I did not have this type of outcome with previous psychiatrists, and I highly recommend Dr. Davis if you are having issues with depression.
Oskar – Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis provides powerful work for individual therapy. He is one rocksteady constant where you can be your truest, most pure, self and know that with him, you are in good hands. He’s “real talk” and helps you make significant progress toward becoming your best self. Dr. Davis asks the tough questions yet compassionately shows care and insight. He is challenging and supportive. His grounded and real-world perspective on both current and future possibilities make him a very real and down to earth psychiatrist. Simply put, Dr. Davis is the best! Dr. Davis has the most impressive, office extraordinaire, Barbara. She is a beautiful friendly welcome that is the heartbeat to Dr. Davis’ practice. She exudes genuine authenticity making you feel so at ease you could sit and talk to her for hours!
Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Davis to anyone considering therapy. He is committed, attentive and funny! His communication style is direct; he strives to get to the core of the challenge, and always has suggestions or advice to help you through it. He is very effective. He has decades of experience, and yet is very current and relevant. What I appreciate most from Dr. Davis is his dedication to thoroughly explain conditions, medications, etc so that I fully understand how everything relates. After sessions with Dr. Davis, I walk away feeling like I have a clearer mind and the ability to make changes needed in my daily life.
Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Two years ago I was in complete agony and denial. Last thing I wanted to do was visit with a Psychiatrist, but after much consideration I decided to take the advice from my Primary Care Physician. I thought to myself. I'm not just going to any psychiatrist. He or she better be the best. I did my research. I didn't care how far the drive was. I came across Dr. David Davis. I called and his Office Manager Barbara (who is awesome) answered. The same day I made my appointment I got a call from Dr. Davis. From there on out somehow I knew I made the right decision.Dr. Davis has been the most attentive Dr. I have ever had. He helped me through the worst time in my life. He is very knowledgeable, professional, and caring Dr. Davis listened attentively to all my concerns and together we found the right treatment for my situation.When you need him he is there. When you call him. He calls you back. The best decision I made for my mental health was to call Dr. Davis's office.He is simply the best.
SHAWNA S RIVERA – May 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Doctor Davis is awesome! I have been going to him for almost a year now and my mood and confidence is night and day now. The man really cares and is very attentive when you need him the most!
Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
I am extremely please with Dr Davis. He listens very well and is very courteous. I strongly recommend him as a very competent Doctor who is very interested in my well being.
Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is an excellent physician, who really cares about his patients. He takes the time to answer any and all questions, and makes sure that you have all of the necessary information. He really makes an effort to get to know you on a personal level, and cares for his patients holistically. He goes above and beyond to call you on his own personal time (e.g., weekends and evenings) to make sure you are feeling well. He is also extremely timely whenever you leave messages with Barb at the front desk. Barb is also very knowledgeable and helpful!! I appreciate Dr. Davis' conservative approach to medicine, and how he does not try to overload you with medications. He is extremely personable and has many years of experience! I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking mental health expertise.
Jul 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr Davis, and his assistant Barbera, are the best! I have seen other therapists in the past and I never really had a good rapport with them. This is very important because it's critical to open and honest dialogue. During our first visit I knew things would be different with Davis. He's very easy to talk to, kind, empathetic, and insightful. He has helped me through a very dark time over the last two months with his therapy, and his keen understanding of pharmacology. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing practical, and relevant help.
May 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
I spent months trying to get initial appointments with 3 other doctors only to feel rushed and dissatisfied. Then I found Dr. Davis. He is genuine, understanding, compassionate and highly skilled. He spent over an hour with our first appointment. He had a natural conversation with me to gather information. With follow up visits, he asks about all of the important people in my life by name. He's cautious with meds too. He used my DNA to rule out harmful meds. I didn't need to try a bunch.
Kim in Irvine, CA – Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is a SUPERB physician! He is very professional with an acute ability to identify problems quickly. His approach to therapy and medication management is excellent. I suffered from a severe depression and Dr Davis showed sincere care and was there for me at all times. He is kind, brilliant, sincere, caring and has a great sense of humor. If you are looking for psychiatric care in Orange County then look no further. Dr. Davis is the best!
Carol in San Clemente – May 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is AWESOME. After going to three other doctors, he was the first to realize that I was struggling with post-partum depression, coupled with my already diagnosed peri-menopause. Add those together and it's a MESS. Trust me. He is prompt, friendly, honest, warm, compassionate, professional, kind, cheerful and easy to talk to. He pulled me out of the dark pit I was in and found the right medication to help. He is clearly knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience and expertise.
Erica F. in Irvine – Feb 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is simply wonderful! He helped me identify the fact that I have been struggling with depression my entire life. We worked together on finding a medication that was right for me, which has changed my life. Beyond that, Dr. Davis is an amazing therapist. Very direct, with a no nonsense approach. I felt totally supported by him. I felt that he cared and was listening. Thank you Dr. Davis for making such a difference in my life. And Barb, BTW, is awesome!
Julie M in Irvine, CA – Jul 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
So thankful that I found Dr. Davis. He is a very knowledge and approachable practitioner. Throughout our sessions he made it easy for me to open up which lead to drastic changes in my perceptions and negative thoughts about myself. My husband and I are both very happy with the positive changes that Dr. Davis has made in our lives through my therapy sessions with him.
Jamie in San Clemente – Feb 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is an extremely professional and knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is easy to talk to and always listens to your questions or concerns. I have seen a great improvement in my mental well being while under his care. With his help, I was able to find the best medication with the fewest amount of side effects. His office is comfortable and makes it very easy to book an appointment (Thanks Barb!). I would recommend him to anyone I know.
Ryan in Orange County, CA – Jan 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis elicits success both internally and externally. What an explicit difference I've seen in my perspective, decision making and thought process in just six months! I thought I had every tool. How wrong I was! He is an insanely bright, straightforward & logical voice of reason. He simplifies, pinpoints & expedites self-awareness, eliminating patterns that limit your mind and life. His frank reasoning is just simply impossible to argue against and generates humor, new doors & perspective.
Christine in San Juan Capistrano, CA – Dec 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis quickly assessed my needs, adjusted my existing prescriptions, and offered continuing therapy. As it turned out, his expert diagnosis and treatment, small medication changes, led to large and positive changes for me, an excellent prognosis and result. He and his office staff were very nice and efficient. They even helped me solve some bureaucratic obstacles that my insurance and pharmacy raised.
Costa Mesa, CA – Nov 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis has treated me for approximately 1 year and I could not have a higher opinion of the care and treatment he has provided. Dr. Davis has always been extremely warm, friendly, and understanding of my situation and his knowledge and expertise in the field of psychiatry is unmatched in relation to my previous experiences. I highly recommend Dr. Davis to anyone in Orange County who is seeking treatment from a psychiatrist. You simply will not find a better doctor in this field of expertis
Craig D. in Irvine, CA – Nov 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is not only a skilled professional but he clearly cares about his patients and their well being. I have struggled and have been misdiagnosed for 20 years. After my first appointment I left with clarity, hope and a plan. Over the next several months Dr. Davis was not only able to switch me to the appropriate medications that made a huge difference but also equip me through therapy sessions to handle life is a way that was applicable to me. I have never felt more in control of my emotion
Tammy in Newport, CA – Nov 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Davis?