Dr. David Davis, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 71

Dr. Davis

David M Davis MD Inc

20101 SW Birch St Ste 100 Newport Beach, CA 92660

Dr. David Davis, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Newport Beach, CA and has been practicing for 40 years. He graduated from Upstate Medical University/ College Of Health Professions in 1973 and specializes in psychiatry and adult psychiatry.

Dr. Davis' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Davis

Dr. Davis?
Dr. Davis' Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Davis, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Davis is an excellent physician, who really cares about his patients. He takes the time to answer any and all questions, and makes sure that you have all of the necessary information. He really makes an effort to get to know you on a personal level, and cares for his patients holistically. He goes above and beyond to call you on his own personal time (e.g., weekends and evenings) to make sure you are feeling well. He is also extremely timely whenever you leave messages with Barb at the front desk. Barb is also very knowledgeable and helpful!! I appreciate Dr. Davis' conservative approach to medicine, and how he does not try to overload you with medications. He is extremely personable and has many years of experience! I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking mental health expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr Davis, and his assistant Barbera, are the best! I have seen other therapists in the past and I never really had a good rapport with them. This is very important because it's critical to open and honest dialogue. During our first visit I knew things would be different with Davis. He's very easy to talk to, kind, empathetic, and insightful. He has helped me through a very dark time over the last two months with his therapy, and his keen understanding of pharmacology. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing practical, and relevant help.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
I spent months trying to get initial appointments with 3 other doctors only to feel rushed and dissatisfied. Then I found Dr. Davis. He is genuine, understanding, compassionate and highly skilled. He spent over an hour with our first appointment. He had a natural conversation with me to gather information. With follow up visits, he asks about all of the important people in my life by name. He's cautious with meds too. He used my DNA to rule out harmful meds. I didn't need to try a bunch.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is a SUPERB physician! He is very professional with an acute ability to identify problems quickly. His approach to therapy and medication management is excellent. I suffered from a severe depression and Dr Davis showed sincere care and was there for me at all times. He is kind, brilliant, sincere, caring and has a great sense of humor. If you are looking for psychiatric care in Orange County then look no further. Dr. Davis is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is AWESOME. After going to three other doctors, he was the first to realize that I was struggling with post-partum depression, coupled with my already diagnosed peri-menopause. Add those together and it's a MESS. Trust me. He is prompt, friendly, honest, warm, compassionate, professional, kind, cheerful and easy to talk to. He pulled me out of the dark pit I was in and found the right medication to help. He is clearly knowledgeable and has a wealth of experience and expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is simply wonderful! He helped me identify the fact that I have been struggling with depression my entire life. We worked together on finding a medication that was right for me, which has changed my life. Beyond that, Dr. Davis is an amazing therapist. Very direct, with a no nonsense approach. I felt totally supported by him. I felt that he cared and was listening. Thank you Dr. Davis for making such a difference in my life. And Barb, BTW, is awesome!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
So thankful that I found Dr. Davis. He is a very knowledge and approachable practitioner. Throughout our sessions he made it easy for me to open up which lead to drastic changes in my perceptions and negative thoughts about myself. My husband and I are both very happy with the positive changes that Dr. Davis has made in our lives through my therapy sessions with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is an extremely professional and knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is easy to talk to and always listens to your questions or concerns. I have seen a great improvement in my mental well being while under his care. With his help, I was able to find the best medication with the fewest amount of side effects. His office is comfortable and makes it very easy to book an appointment (Thanks Barb!). I would recommend him to anyone I know.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis elicits success both internally and externally. What an explicit difference I've seen in my perspective, decision making and thought process in just six months! I thought I had every tool. How wrong I was! He is an insanely bright, straightforward & logical voice of reason. He simplifies, pinpoints & expedites self-awareness, eliminating patterns that limit your mind and life. His frank reasoning is just simply impossible to argue against and generates humor, new doors & perspective.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis quickly assessed my needs, adjusted my existing prescriptions, and offered continuing therapy. As it turned out, his expert diagnosis and treatment, small medication changes, led to large and positive changes for me, an excellent prognosis and result. He and his office staff were very nice and efficient. They even helped me solve some bureaucratic obstacles that my insurance and pharmacy raised.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis has treated me for approximately 1 year and I could not have a higher opinion of the care and treatment he has provided. Dr. Davis has always been extremely warm, friendly, and understanding of my situation and his knowledge and expertise in the field of psychiatry is unmatched in relation to my previous experiences. I highly recommend Dr. Davis to anyone in Orange County who is seeking treatment from a psychiatrist. You simply will not find a better doctor in this field of expertis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?
Dr. Davis is not only a skilled professional but he clearly cares about his patients and their well being. I have struggled and have been misdiagnosed for 20 years. After my first appointment I left with clarity, hope and a plan. Over the next several months Dr. Davis was not only able to switch me to the appropriate medications that made a huge difference but also equip me through therapy sessions to handle life is a way that was applicable to me. I have never felt more in control of my emotion
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Davis, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Davis?

I do my best to give my patients the best of care.  I have a solo practice so you only talk to me if there is a problem after hours.  I believe that the psycho-therapeutic relationship is as equally important as medication.  I have spe...

• Psychiatry

1978
1973
1969

Dr. Davis accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Davis' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Davis' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation