Dr. David Dalury, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Dalury

Towson Orthopedic Associates

8322 Bellona Ave Ste 300 Towson, MD 21204

Dr. David Dalury, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Towson, MD and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Dartmouth College in 1984 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, hip & knee orthopedics, and more.

Dr. Dalury's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dalury

95.34883720930233%

Dr. Dalury?
Dr. Dalury's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Dalury, MD
I was initially recommended to Dr. Dalury by a trusted friend who is a nurse. I first saw his Physician Assistant, Michael Miller, who was wonderful with me, taking sufficient time to calm my nerves and answer many questions. I had two very bad knees and decided to have them replaced. Never pressured about it, but I chose the right team for my double knee replacement. My surgeries were a week apart in January 2018. From beginning to last week's follow up with Dr. Dalury (June 2018), I met a most caring, supportive, patient, and professional team that he has put together. They like each other, and they took great care of me throughout this time. From office staff to nurse practitioner, to PA, to the doctor, I was supported and felt cared about. I am in the best shape that I have been in in years. I walk every day, and I feel great. Yes, thank you to this team for my regaining my legs!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Dr Dalury replaced my rt knee in Oct and lft knee in Nov of 2014 after consolations from 2007 to 2014. We talked about my continuing base ball umpiring avocation. He told me after the replacements that I wore off 3mm from each leg bone but the replacements straightened out both legs. Six months after the replacements, I was umpiring. After 3.25 years, I do not notice I have replaced knees-which are working so well he extended my next replacement to 30-35 yrs. I should be 102+ then. Can't wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
I had a knee replacement done by Dr. David Dulary five years ago. I can honestly say that after recovery I haven't had any pain or problems. I still am amazed at how perfect my knee is. Thank you Dr. Dulary for giving back an active life without pain. Would recommend 100%. God Bless!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
I couldn't have found a more caring individual or staff to place my trust in. I highly recommend Dr. Dalury to anyone needing hip or knee replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Dr. Dalury is an excellent orthopedic surgeon. He answered all questions. With skillful hands, a kind personable manner and with current evidence based knowledge, Dr. Dalury meticulously replaced my damaged knee and straightened my leg restoring my lifestyle to be pain free and active. The staff at the Ruxton Center is caring, attentive, supportive, and knowledgeable. Phone calls are answered promptly. The Towson Orthopedic PT group is superior too. I highly recommend Dr. Dalury and his team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
I had both knees replaced last year (two months apart) and I am totally thrilled with the results. I use the treadmill at 3mph and experience no pain. The recovery was easier than I expected. His team at Towson Orthopaedics is superb. My range of motion is amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Dr. Dalury is wonderful doctor, he is so caring, dry soft spoken and takes his time to answer all of your questions and concerns. I had both of my hips replaced within a year.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Dr. Dalury replaced my right knee 17 years ago. He did a great job and the knee outlasted the original estimated time of usefulness. I finally wore out the non-durable part of the knee. This year Dr. Dalury operated on that knee and replaced the necessary part. My recovery was good and without complication. Six weeks later he replaced my left knee. That surgery went well and I recovered without complication. 6 months later, I am pain free and walking as if I never needed surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
I have had two total knee replacements with Dr. Dalury, most recently in March of this year. I was concerned about my surgery since I was having foot issues and felt I would not recover appropriately. Dr. Dalury assured me that almost all his patients do better with the second replacement. He was so right, within two months I was feeling good, even forgot I had the surgery on some days, now after 3 months, I'm back to walking about 3 mi. a day and looking forward to an active summer.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Had a partial knee replacement done by him at his strong recommendation. The device came loose, causing great pain almost immediately. He showed very little concern and I was forced to have a revision surgery less than 1 year after, which was converted to a full knee replacement. What frustrated me was his lack of forthrightness about what was happening.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Within the past year Dr. Dalury performed total knee replacements on both of my knees. I think he did a great job! He and his team let me know just what to expect in the months leading up to surgeries. And they provided me with everything I needed to know post-surgery. Both operations went smoothly and in each case I was out of the hospital the next day. I transitioned from walker to cane in two days. Dr Dalury and his professional team were top notch throughout the process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
I had an awesome experience with Dr. Dalury and his staff. Everyone was so polite and professional. He replaced both of my hips about two weeks apart and I was walking and climbing stairs in no time. I would and have recommended him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
The BEST experience I have ever had in my life as a patient. I had a total knee replacement in January 22nd 2018 with Dr. Dalury at St. Joseph medical center. The care and attention provided by his team and the hospital was excellent. All calls to his office returned on the same day. Dr. Dalury is a very kind, professional and responsible doctor. He listens to you and doesn't recommend the surgery unless it's necessary. Dr. Dalury is the BEST orthopedic surgeon in US and I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Dr. Dalury is a pro in every respect. He doesn't recommend surgery until it's absolutely necessary, encouraging trying almost everything before he relents and suggests surgery. The team is like a well greased machine. Once surgery is scheduled, the information provided walks you through the whole process, how to prepare and what to expect. Post-surgery, calls are taken promptly to answer any concerns or questions. The care at St. Joseph's was excellent (and I'm fussy). Highly recommend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Double knee replacement a week apart 23 years ago. An amazing surgeon and man. Right knee needed work 9 years ago in Carroll County. Allis well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
I recommend him to everyone. He has replaced knees on my dad and myself and hips on my cousin and my Aunt. You know you are in extremely capable hands the moment you meet him. He is kind, respectful and thorough. I can't say enough about him and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Dr. Dalury performed 2 knee replacements in May 2016 one week apart. My arthritis was very bad--bone on bone--and it was inhibiting me from doing things i enjoyed. i was also bow-legged by that point. I was 62, and I moved like a 90 year old--basically shuffling hunched over and in constant pain. The first 2 weeks were tough, with swelling and difficulty sleeping, but after that I basically only took tylenol except for PT days. I went back to work after 8 weeks. I have absolutely NO pain!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
If you need your knees replaced, Dr. Dalury is the orthopedic surgeon for you. He is absolutely the best, no exaggeration. Prior to my first appt. with Dr. Dalury, I had had numerous knee surgeries, so many I had lost count. My case was difficult & challenging. Dr. Dalury replaced my knees 10 years ago & gave me a life I had never experienced before--one filled with physical activity, yet free of knee pain--a miracle.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
Dr Dalury changed my life for the better. I had been virtually crippled by knee arthritis with severe pain for years. Before recommending surgery, Dr Dalury made sure I had tried the other options ( PT, braces, injections, meds.) He & his staff thoroughly assessed me & involved me in the decisions, making sure my expectations were realistic & impressing on me what would be my part in my recovery. 3 months post surgery, I am PAIN FREE, able to do stairs, watching my grandbaby, and loving life!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Dalury, MD?
I think that Dr. Dalury and his entire team are excellent. I have had great results with my new knee and am able to do anything I want to do using the knee. I have the highest regard for Dr. Dalury.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Dalury?

• Hip & Knee Orthopedics

1984

Memberships & Affiliations

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Dalury accepts

Dr. Dalury accepts the following insurance:

Select
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Dalury's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Dalury's Top Procedures and Conditions

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Dalury treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Dalury treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Repair
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Trigger Finger
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Dalury treats patients.