Dr. David Craft, MD

Dr. David Craft, MD

Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics  |
Dr. Craft specializes in total knee primary and revision replacements, total hip replacements, total shoulder replacements, as well as sports medicine and arthroscopic reconstructive surgery of the knee and shoulder.

1200 Manor Dr

Chalfont, PA 18914

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Craft

See how frequently Dr. Craft performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Synovial Biopsy
Difficulty With Walking

Dr. Craft's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Ankle and Foot Instability or Derangement
  • Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Traumatic Rupture of Achilles Tendon

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures
  • Synovial Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Westminster College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Pennsylvania Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Baylor University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1994

Dr. Craft has no media or publications listed.

• International Congress for Joint Reconstruction, Member

Dr. Craft's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Craft to family and friends
Dr. Craft's Performance
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Craft took time to explain everything thoroughly.
Excellent Dr!
Philadelphia, PA |
Excellent surgery by Dr. Craft. Excellent post-op care.
Philadelphia, PA |
Very impressed with Dr. Craft and his staff. He came highly recommended and surpassed that recommendation. Excellent care.
Philadelphia, PA |
He has wonderful people skills - compassionate and I trust him completely. I wish he could treat all my problems! He's the best!
Nothing but the best!
Philadelphia, PA |
It was great. They were the best. Outstanding!!
Philadelphia, PA |
Rothman Institute works like a well oiled machine. Everyone is professional and kind and go above and beyond to assist you.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Craft has shown the utmost concern for my health and well-being following a right total knee replacement a year and a half ago. I am diabetic and my right leg had had multiple previous surgeries, but with his expertise I had an excellent outcome. Dr. Craft further cares about advocating for his patients who have some concerns in the workplace related to potential, perceived or actual disability. He wrote a letter to my employer that in effect saved my job. I love Dr. Craft! He's the best!
Philadelphia, PA |
Very satisfied and thankful for all Dr. Craft and staff have done!
Philadelphia, PA |
Friendly staff. All issues addressed immediately. Dr. Craft explains everything completely.
in Horsham Pa |
Does awesome work. Did both knees and can't even see the scars. Great guy.
north wales, pa |
Very professional and friendly. Explained what needed to be done.
Philadelphia, PA |
Every contact I have had from the operation and hospital and doctor appointments have been excellent/helpful/prompt
Philadelphia, PA |
Start to finish it was a very positive experience
in Gwynedd, pa |
Dr. Craft is a fine person with excellent communication skills. He clearly presents a diagnosis and the various treatment choices. He is helpful, supportive but not pushy about knowing what is best for you. I would recommend him to others without hesitation or qualification.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Craft is an excellent physician who is kind and caring. He did a revision on my knee and was positive he could fix it. He did! Would recommend him and Rothman to anyone.
Philadelphia, PA |
Good
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Craft is excellent. I have been coming to him for years. He has a great rapport with his patients.
in Flourtown, PA |
Finally! A surgeon with a bedside manner that would rival the best. Dr. Craft was simply amazing; over a two year period, he took the time to answer all my questions, never rushed me through my appointments. Knee replacement surgery and recovery was explained completely, and I came through both with flying colors (no infections, nice clean scar). His entire staff (love his PA, Jamie) was extremely professional and returned my phone calls within a few hours, making sure all my needs were met
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Craft gave me a total replacement on both shoulders with a fine outcome and no problems. I was denied by two doctors because of my age even though I had no underlying medical conditions. Dr. Craft is wonderful. I would recommend him to everyone.
in abington, pa |
I have already recommended Dr. Craft to others and will again.
Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Craft did a great job on my hip. Hospital staff was excellent!
Outstanding doctor!
in philadelphia, pa |
I wish I had my original knee replacement surgery from Dr Craft. He's Awesome extremely friendly, really cares and all around Dr that is like a friend. You can tell he really cares and loves what he does. Not only about you but everyone he interacts with.
in Rydal, pa |
I have already recommended Dr. Craft to at least 2 persons needing a knee replacement. One has already seen him and has been scheduled. The other has been debating replacement for 1 1/2 years(but needs it and has seen 2 Drs.) Dr Craft is personable, knowledgeable and thorough.My procedure 7 weeks ago was a textbook case.
in Warrington pa |
Very caring an concerned. Paid Attention to my needs and wants
in Philadelphia, PA |
Very good, knowlegable, explained everything very well.
Philadelphia, PA |
He's very personable. Takes time to explain. Great bedside manner.
in Blue Bell |
Dr. Craft is wonderful! I had a skiing accident and tore my ACL. Dr Craft explained all aspects of the choices related to treatment, surgery, post-op, PT, and getting back to normal. He made me feel comfortable and confident in the medical decisions that were made. He applied the protocols to meet my individual needs. He considered my desire to get back to skiing and tennis and assured me that I could return to my active lifestyle . . .perhaps with more care regarding the slope I choose to ski.
in Plumsteadville pa |
Dr Craft did an amazing job with my total knee replacement. He instilled trust and faith in his ability as a surgeon. I knew I had chosen the right person for this procedure. He has given me my mobility and life back. I highly recommend Dr. Craft to anyone who needs an excellent orthopedic.
in Lansdale, PA |
Dr Craft puts you at ease when you first meet him. He keeps eye contact and freely answers your questions and concerns. He visits you after surgery and reviews what took place during the surgery. He arranged for surgery and post release appointments He was recommended to me by over 15 people in my water class and our instructor. This was the swcond knee I had replaced and I feel the personal interaction was superior!
in Blue Bell, PA |
Besides being an excellent, experienced surgeon, he is an attentive, sympathetic listener with a bedside manner that would be hard to match. All in all, he is truly a gem of the first water!
in Blue Bell, PA |
I had a good experience and a good outcome, I would highly recommend him for any Orthopedic work.
in Blue Bell PA |
I would recommend Dr. Craft without reservation. I recently had a total knee replacement after many years of injections and conservative treatments . At no time did I ever feel pressure to make decisions concerning my needs. His personality in stills confidence and sincerity not often found in a surgeon. You never fell rushed when you are with him you feel like you are the only patient he has very comforting under what can be extremely stressful circumstances.
in Huntingdon Valley, PA |
Dr. Craft is an extremely capable and caring orthopedic surgeon. I was seen on time, the office staff was exceptionally kind and Dr. Craft spent time with me explaining the implications of my injury and the options for treatment. I was very, very pleased.
in Fort Washington, PA |
I totally recommend Dr. Craft for many reasons. He is an excellent surgeon as he has done a should, and bi-later knee. Has wonderful bed side manor and very caring.
Have you seen Dr. David Craft, MD?
Are you Dr. Craft?

See our Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedic Specialist at Abington Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Craft

Dr. Craft accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Craft has admitting privileges