Dr. David Cosgrove, MD

Dr. David Cosgrove, MD

Anesthesiology  |
Dr. David Cosgrove, MD is an anesthesiology doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

1424 Carraway Blvd Ste 200

Birmingham, AL 35234

Learn about Dr. Cosgrove

Dr. Cosgrove's Experience

Dr. Cosgrove's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 1992

Dr. Cosgrove has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cosgrove does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cosgrove and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cosgrove's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cosgrove to family and friends
1.8
Dr. Cosgrove's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Bessemer, AL |
He said not worth one star!!! If your dr tries to send you here tell them no, & ask to be sent some where else. Dr Cosgrove is the RUDEST dr I've ever met, he thinks his poo doesn't stink. He has the bed side manner of Hannibal Lecter. He also thinks he smarter than you, & that you're as dumb 2 year old or stray dog. He will talk to you like you're an idiot & so will his staff. He won't see you either only his nurse, then no1 listens to you. You will also wait a min of 3hrs every appointment.
Bessemer, AL |
Oxford, MS |
I tested positive for medication I wasn't prescribed but I was honest about it. I was told to wait almost 2 weeks and come back with no relief I can barley work i tested positive for taking suboxone a quarter of a piece when I went back and was kicked out. I was given a script before this and took it as prescribed but still kicked out. I have been dealing with back and neck pain needing surgery for 10 years but no insurance I am know stuck wondering what is on street. reason we have druggies
in Birmingham, AL |
I would never recommend someone seeing Dr. Cosgrove. I saw him regarding neck discomfort and pain I have had for a few years gradually worsening. I'm a dad with 3 young kids. The only "exam" he gave me was turning my head side to side. Then he told me to take ibuprofen and do yoga. I tried to discuss my neck issue further, but he basically just told me to call him if I need him and moved along. I've never been angry leaving a doctor's office until I left that appointment. Very poor doctor.
in Huntsville, AL |
I do not like needles much, so I opted for anesthesia prior to injections in back. The Anesthesia did not work, and when I told him, he acted as though I was a liar. He said it had to have worked. I went back for the second injection and same thing happened. I felt no effects at all of anesthesia. He again acted as though I was a liar. I did not return. I believe he was giving me saline as a placebo to save money. He is aweful. Do not trust him with you pain problems. Find another doc.
in Birmingham, AL |
He is very thorough on the initial visit and his staff is very nice. They have a lot of rules in place to protect the patients and the medical practice and they are registered with the state as a pain clinic. I had some blocks and they were really not too painful at all and they helped my pain.
Have you seen Dr. David Cosgrove, MD?
Are you Dr. Cosgrove?