Dr. David Coran, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 5 after 87 reviews.
Author:
It's difficult to describe how severe pain & lack of mobility in my SI Joints impacted my life for years. I use to golf, garden, and be present in life events. I was reduced to a walker/cane, but still could not function. Dr. Coran preformed a bilateral SI Joint fusion. within 6 days, I was walking without assistance. I have accomplished more in 3 months, than in 7yrs. Dr. Coran's compassion and experience is what you WISH for in a doctor. The surgery was challenging, and I had a small set back, but it's in those times that you know you have the best care! The support from Dr. Coran, Gina, and the team was invaluable. my back is now STABLE! I recently played golf, and I am no longer on the pain medication for my back. I truly feel Dr. Coran gave me my independence and my life back. I am forever greatful
Author:
Dr. Coran and his entire team were beyond great!! I walked into his office in uncontrollable pain and in less than a weeks time I had my micro discectomy, and my life back!! I will forever be grateful for the time Dr. Coran and his entire team spent with me from my diagnosis to my recovery.
Author:
Dr Coran and his entire team were incredible. My experience with this highly talented team started four years ago when I had two herniated disks in my neck. I was in so much pain and they were very understanding and compassionate. I had a very easy recover from the fusion on my C4/C5 and C5/C6. I still have very good range of motion. This year I had a microdiscectomy of L5/S1 and L4/L5. Six weeks later and I have no pain. I would recommend this team to anyone who needs work on their spine!
Author:
Dr. Coran is a no nonsense, gifted surgeon! I would highly recommend him!
Author:
I liked to thank Dr. Coran for the outstanding surgeon. Doctor Dr. Coran and his Team are using State of the art Methods so to make sure your new life after surgery is at the top. I can't thank Dr. Coran and his Team enough. Thank you again Dr. Coran
Author:
Dr. Coran is my hero-before May 21, 2018 I couldn't walk more than 100 feet without sitting down. Dr. Coran patiently explained the procedure he planned to do on me. He fused my L 3,4, and 5. I woke up from surgery with no pain in my legs! He gave me my life back. Gina and Diane are the best. I would recommend Dr. Coran to anyone experiencing back and/or leg pain.
Author:
He is awesome, great "bedside" manner, caring, supportive, trustworthy! He did my lumbar laminectomy Dec 3, 2018 and today is 2 week later and I am pain free. I am so grateful to him and Gina his PA.
Author:
Dr. Coran and all of his staff are spectacular. Dr. Coran thoroughly explained my medical situation after review of MRI. He offered a path of conservative treatments before suggesting surgery. His confidence and calm demeanor took away all of my concerns about surgery. The surgery completely relieved all my pain, recovery was minimal. 6 weeks later I am back to all pre-surgery activities! Thank you so much for the outstanding care.
Author:
A coworker referred me to Dr. Coran. He reviewed my MRI on his day off and came in early the next day to see me. My wife was concerned about permanent nerve damage and Dr. Coran’s staff were able to change their schedule and move up my surgery. Dr. Coran did a microdiscectomy and I was able to return to work after 2 weeks. I would highly recommend Dr. Coran and his staff.
Author:
I can never stop "THANKING" Dr. Coran and his staff (Gina Abby & Karen) for the tremendous job they did caring for me during my time with them. Your services were greatly appreciated.
Author:
WAS very patient and thorough. Excellent bedside manners. I interviewed 4 Drs before making my decision to have a micro discectomy and was happy with the results.
Author:
Dr. Coran is a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. He explains everything very clearly and answers all questions completely. I highly recommend him.
Author:
I suffered a herniated L5 disk; at times I could hardly walk the pain in my left leg was so intense. Dr. Coran explained my options of treatment including surgery. Although the non-surgical options were not successful, the surgery he did finally perform was an instant success. The relief from the pain I had been experiencing was instant as soon as I stood up from my hospital bed after outpatient surgery. I am so thankful!
Author:
Dr Coran is the best. Suffered from great pain L5/S1 for over 18 weeks and he cured me in one surgery with laminectomy, was back to work in one week with no pain. I am now four months post surgery and still doing great with no pain. He and his staff are compassionate, caring and listen to their patient. I would highly recommend him for anyone who has been suffering as I did. Thank you Dr Coran and staff for taking such good care of me.
Author:
Dr Coran performed a laminectomy on 5 of my vertebrae. He and his staff were very helpful with my recovery right after. Now, only 3 months later, I have little to no pain doing my everyday things that used to cause great pain. Dr Coran and his staff are caring people who went above and beyond to help me recover from surgery.
Author:
Dr. Coran and his team were amazing from start to finish! He's very knowledgeable, skilled and patient and he always answered any questions I had without appearing annoyed or rushed. His team is well organized, compassionate and understanding. I even received a call at 5:00 pm on Sunday the day before my surgery from the anesthesiologist to make sure I didn't have any questions. The outcome was better than I ever imagined and it's been less than five months and the scar is barely visible.
Author:
Dr. Coran is a BRILLIANT surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone. After a year of chiropractic, PT and spinal injections with little success, Dr. Coran performed a Microdiscectomy on me. The overall experience with him, his staff and MOSH was excellent. I am now back to resuming my previous active life pain free. I was able to get an initial consultation within 2 weeks and schedule my procedure for 3 weeks later. Don't put it off! A heartfelt "Thank You" to Dr. Coran and his great staff.
Author:
I had a back procedure performed by Dr. Coran in December 2017. Everything went great and I am pain free for the first time in years. All of the office visits and the procedure itself were handled professionally and efficiently.
Author:
Three days prior to my surgery I could barely walk when Dr Coran saw me he knew I needed attention so we got the MRI results and he stayed late to view them he saw the problem right away and came in the next day to do emergency surgery! Not only is he a great surgeon but a genuinely great guy that cared and wanted to get me out of pain. I woke up from my surgery pain free and have been pain free since.I hope I don't but if I do ever have back problems again I have no doubt, I'm calling Dr. Coran
Author:
Dr. Coran did a fantastic getting rid of my lower back pain. The surgery at the Mid West Orthopedic Hospital was excellent. And my recovery time was minimal. I just wish I had seen Dr. Coran a couple of years earlier.
Author:
Dr. Coran and his staff are wonderful. Dr. Coran performed surgery on my neck in April. I was always treated with kindness and respect. I have fully recovered and have no more problems.
Author:
Dr. Coran performed a fusion on my lower back and it was so successful I do not need anything for pain anymore! Before surgery I had an epidural shot and it partially paralyzed me to a point where I could hardly walk. He knew my position and got me in for an exam very quickly and laid out the options for me. He was very honest on what the success rate would be. I highly recommend him for any back issues that come up. Thank you Doctor Coran!
Author:
Dr. Coran performed surgery on my neck 6 months ago and I must say that he is a professional in every sense of the word. He and his staff were there to meet my every need from the time I had surgery to now. During my visits he sat with me, took the time to explain everything aboout my procedure and the healing process and was able to answer any questions that I had. As a result of Dr.Coran's care I am feeling great! If you have to have neck surgery you CANNOT go wrong with choosing Dr. Coran.
Author:
Dr. Coran is an excellent doctor in that he covers all options of treatment, and if he thinks surgery is not an option for your pain, he will be honest with you and figure out another course of action, in my case a Spinal neurostimulator. This has helped tremendously, and l am very grateful to him for this recommendation, it has given me my life back!
Author:
I had 2 neck fusions and 3 back surgeries from Dr. Coran.........he is the only surgeon I will ever go too in the future. I had my first back fusion by another surgeon, huge mistake, I have been in pain ever since and had to quit working. Had I gone to Dr. corn I would still be working. After the surgeries I didn't even have any pain, I didn't even believe I had surgery when I woke up. He is amazing!!!!
Dr. Coran is awesome!! I have total trust in him
Author:
Very good doctor! Listens and answers all your questions, does not rush you at all. Hubby had spinal fusion surgery 2 weeks ago, is doing well and Dr Coran was great, he makes you feel very confident and reassured before surgery and his staff is outstanding following surgery. Would recommend :)
Author:
My name is Santa Berthelsen, Dr Coran is my Hero! The procedure he performed on my back was unbelievable. My friends are so amazed that I recovered so quickly. I was is so much pain for so long. His Staff is very caring and kind Thank you again Dr. Coran????????????????????
Author:
Had a cervical fusion and all went well with very little discomfort and excellent results. Dr, Coran helped my lower back problems without surgery. Would highly recommend Dr. Coran
Author:
I would recommend Dr. Coran to family and friends. He was pleasant to work with. The office staff were excellent as well. Appointments were convenient. Overall, I had a very good experience working with him.