Dr. David Coran, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Coran

Sports Medicine/Orthopedcs Center

3033 W Layton Ave # 102 Greenfield, WI 53221

Dr. David Coran, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Greenfield, WI and has been practicing for 23 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1989 and specializes in orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Coran's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Coran

Dr. Coran?
Dr. Coran's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Coran, MD
RecentMost Helpful
It's difficult to describe how severe pain & lack of mobility in my SI Joints impacted my life for years. I use to golf, garden, and be present in life events. I was reduced to a walker/cane, but still could not function. Dr. Coran preformed a bilateral SI Joint fusion. within 6 days, I was walking without assistance. I have accomplished more in 3 months, than in 7yrs. Dr. Coran's compassion and experience is what you WISH for in a doctor. The surgery was challenging, and I had a small set back, but it's in those times that you know you have the best care! The support from Dr. Coran, Gina, and the team was invaluable. my back is now STABLE! I recently played golf, and I am no longer on the pain medication for my back. I truly feel Dr. Coran gave me my independence and my life back. I am forever greatful
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr. Coran and his entire team were beyond great!! I walked into his office in uncontrollable pain and in less than a weeks time I had my micro discectomy, and my life back!! I will forever be grateful for the time Dr. Coran and his entire team spent with me from my diagnosis to my recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr Coran and his entire team were incredible. My experience with this highly talented team started four years ago when I had two herniated disks in my neck. I was in so much pain and they were very understanding and compassionate. I had a very easy recover from the fusion on my C4/C5 and C5/C6. I still have very good range of motion. This year I had a microdiscectomy of L5/S1 and L4/L5. Six weeks later and I have no pain. I would recommend this team to anyone who needs work on their spine!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr. Coran is a no nonsense, gifted surgeon! I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
I liked to thank Dr. Coran for the outstanding surgeon. Doctor Dr. Coran and his Team are using State of the art Methods so to make sure your new life after surgery is at the top. I can't thank Dr. Coran and his Team enough. Thank you again Dr. Coran
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr. Coran is my hero-before May 21, 2018 I couldn't walk more than 100 feet without sitting down. Dr. Coran patiently explained the procedure he planned to do on me. He fused my L 3,4, and 5. I woke up from surgery with no pain in my legs! He gave me my life back. Gina and Diane are the best. I would recommend Dr. Coran to anyone experiencing back and/or leg pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
He is awesome, great "bedside" manner, caring, supportive, trustworthy! He did my lumbar laminectomy Dec 3, 2018 and today is 2 week later and I am pain free. I am so grateful to him and Gina his PA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr. Coran and all of his staff are spectacular. Dr. Coran thoroughly explained my medical situation after review of MRI. He offered a path of conservative treatments before suggesting surgery. His confidence and calm demeanor took away all of my concerns about surgery. The surgery completely relieved all my pain, recovery was minimal. 6 weeks later I am back to all pre-surgery activities! Thank you so much for the outstanding care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
A coworker referred me to Dr. Coran. He reviewed my MRI on his day off and came in early the next day to see me. My wife was concerned about permanent nerve damage and Dr. Coran’s staff were able to change their schedule and move up my surgery. Dr. Coran did a microdiscectomy and I was able to return to work after 2 weeks. I would highly recommend Dr. Coran and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
I can never stop "THANKING" Dr. Coran and his staff (Gina Abby & Karen) for the tremendous job they did caring for me during my time with them. Your services were greatly appreciated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
WAS very patient and thorough. Excellent bedside manners. I interviewed 4 Drs before making my decision to have a micro discectomy and was happy with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr. Coran is a very kind and knowledgeable doctor. He explains everything very clearly and answers all questions completely. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
I suffered a herniated L5 disk; at times I could hardly walk the pain in my left leg was so intense. Dr. Coran explained my options of treatment including surgery. Although the non-surgical options were not successful, the surgery he did finally perform was an instant success. The relief from the pain I had been experiencing was instant as soon as I stood up from my hospital bed after outpatient surgery. I am so thankful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr Coran is the best. Suffered from great pain L5/S1 for over 18 weeks and he cured me in one surgery with laminectomy, was back to work in one week with no pain. I am now four months post surgery and still doing great with no pain. He and his staff are compassionate, caring and listen to their patient. I would highly recommend him for anyone who has been suffering as I did. Thank you Dr Coran and staff for taking such good care of me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr Coran performed a laminectomy on 5 of my vertebrae. He and his staff were very helpful with my recovery right after. Now, only 3 months later, I have little to no pain doing my everyday things that used to cause great pain. Dr Coran and his staff are caring people who went above and beyond to help me recover from surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr. Coran and his team were amazing from start to finish! He's very knowledgeable, skilled and patient and he always answered any questions I had without appearing annoyed or rushed. His team is well organized, compassionate and understanding. I even received a call at 5:00 pm on Sunday the day before my surgery from the anesthesiologist to make sure I didn't have any questions. The outcome was better than I ever imagined and it's been less than five months and the scar is barely visible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr. Coran is a BRILLIANT surgeon. I would recommend him to anyone. After a year of chiropractic, PT and spinal injections with little success, Dr. Coran performed a Microdiscectomy on me. The overall experience with him, his staff and MOSH was excellent. I am now back to resuming my previous active life pain free. I was able to get an initial consultation within 2 weeks and schedule my procedure for 3 weeks later. Don't put it off! A heartfelt "Thank You" to Dr. Coran and his great staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
I had a back procedure performed by Dr. Coran in December 2017. Everything went great and I am pain free for the first time in years. All of the office visits and the procedure itself were handled professionally and efficiently.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Three days prior to my surgery I could barely walk when Dr Coran saw me he knew I needed attention so we got the MRI results and he stayed late to view them he saw the problem right away and came in the next day to do emergency surgery! Not only is he a great surgeon but a genuinely great guy that cared and wanted to get me out of pain. I woke up from my surgery pain free and have been pain free since.I hope I don't but if I do ever have back problems again I have no doubt, I'm calling Dr. Coran
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?
Dr. Coran did a fantastic getting rid of my lower back pain. The surgery at the Mid West Orthopedic Hospital was excellent. And my recovery time was minimal. I just wish I had seen Dr. Coran a couple of years earlier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Coran, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Coran?

As an orthopedic surgeon specializing in the treatment of spine disorders and injuries, I realize that every patient is an individual with specific needs. With my expertise, I want to help you reduce your pain while increasing your quality of daily l...

1997
1990
1989
1984

Dr. Coran accepts

Dr. Coran accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Access Choice PPO
Blue Preferred HMO
Assurant Health
Principal Financial Group
PacifiCare

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check Dr. Coran's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hip Sprain
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lumbar Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Percutaneous Vertebroplasty
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Runner's Knee
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spondylosis
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Coran treats patients.