Dr. David Cooper, MD

Dr. David Cooper, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. David Cooper, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Baltimore, MD. He is 69 years old and has been practicing for 44 years. Dr. Cooper is affiliated with The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

1830 E Monument St 333

Baltimore, MD 21287

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Cooper

See how frequently Dr. Cooper performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Cancer
Thyroid Disease
high
Goiter

Dr. Cooper's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Tufts Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1973
  • Barnes-Jewish Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1974
  • Barnes-Jewish Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976
  • Massachusetts General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1978

Dr. Cooper has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cooper does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cooper and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cooper's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cooper to family and friends
3.2
Dr. Cooper's Performance
    GOOD
Columbia, MD |
I was treated by Dr. Cooper for cancer in 2004. At the time I felt my options were not clearly explained to me, and I was forced into radiology treatment. I did not like his bedside manner and follow up treatment. Dr Cooper completely missed my post-cancer depression, failing to recommend follow up consultations for my mental health. He literally made me cry. 13 years later, I still have regrets about his care. Scheduling an appointment was difficult as well and he rushed through the appts.
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Cooper was absolutely excellent! I could not be happier and lucky to have seen Dr. Cooper for my thyroid problem. He treated me like I was the only patient he had, he gave complete and full attention to my questions, gave me a lesson about the thyroid function and explained every aspect of the procedure. He was very kind and patient and a master on the procedure I had. Eddy. Rockville, MD
in Columbia, MD |
He is a great doctor. He not only has excellent diagnosis and treatment technique but also treat patient very kindly and patiently. He explained my questions patiently and clearly during my visiting, that reduced my anxiety. He cured my thyroid nodule by thyroid aspiration technique. I did not need to face the surgery pain and danger. I felt that I was very lucky to have Dr. Cooper to treat my thyroid problem. I appreciate his kind help.
in Baltimore, MD |
I was a little concerned about his bedside manner after looking at prior reviews, however, my experience with Dr. Cooper was fantastic. I don't think I've ever had a doctor spend as much time with me as he did. He educated my on the Thyroid, he thoroughly explained everything that was going on. He patiently answered my numerous questions, showed me the Ultra sound and went over what I was looking at in detail. I really can't say enough about my 100% positive experience with Dr. Cooper!!
in Perryville, MD |
My family doc and two prior endocrinologists have been fumbling around with my hyperthyroidism for over 1 1/2 tedious years. It did take some time to get an appointment with Dr. Cooper, but it was worth the wait. I finally feel like I'm on the right path to managing this chaos. He was so thorough, knowledgable, personable, and patient. He has responded quickly to my email correspondence and went above and beyond to expedite testing. I feel like he really cares. What a relief.
in Westminster, MD |
Was expecting the patient/doctor experience to match the caliber of his credentials. Unfortunately, bad experience. This was first (and last) visit. No visible attempt on his part to connect with me, or for that matter to even really respect my comments and/or answers to his questions. Just short sarcastic feedback. He may know the science of medicine, but doesn't display the caring / intangible variable aspect of medicine. Bottom Line: Not the doctor for my care.
Have you seen Dr. David Cooper, MD?
Are you Dr. Cooper?