Dr. David Congdon, MD

Dr. David Congdon, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. David Congdon, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Waterloo, IA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Read his story

1753 W Ridgeway Ave Ste 111

Waterloo, IA 50701

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Congdon

See how frequently Dr. Congdon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Wound Repair
Cancer
Broken Nose
high

Dr. Congdon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Congdon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Congdon "Dr. Congdon has been providing the Cedar Valley with exceptional health care since as early as 2003. As part of Cedar Valley Medical Specialists, he developed the Cedar Valley Centers for ENT, Hearing, Facial Plastic Surgery, MedSpa Rejuvenation, and Skin Cancer. It's Dr. Congdon's goal to help patients look, feel, and operate as the best possible version of themselves. As an extremely skilled surgeon, Dr. Congdon conducts facial procedures to remove damaging skin cancer from patients, and performs a number of difficult cosmetic procedures as well. In addition to surgical procedures, the clinic offers a variety of non-surgical services including facials, laser treatment for spider veins and medical microdermabrasion. Dedicated to individual needs of the patient, the staff of specialists works toward beautiful and healthy skin using the latest and safest technologies and medical skin care products. Dr. Congdon has expertise in the minimally invasive Balloon Sinuplasty procedure for patients suffering with sinusitis, and has extensive experience working with hearing impaired individuals also. Dr. Congdon's entire staff shares his goal of creating confidence & comfortability in EACH & EVERY patient that comes through his doors. You'll be greeted with a warm smile & a helping hand, and receive truly world-class care, right here in the Cedar Valley!"

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Cough
  • Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Tongue Cancer
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Tulane University of Louisiana
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Mayo Clinic Rochester
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Mayo Clin Dept Of Oto
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University of Rochester
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Congdon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Congdon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Congdon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Congdon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Congdon to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Congdon Says:

I'm very appreciative of any & ALL feedback regarding me or my staff. It's humbling and assuring to hear how I've positively affected some of your lives. And, it's equally as frustrating to see that I've let some of you down.

Our entire staff is constantly looking for opportunities to improve, and we're thankful for every review we receive as each helps point out specific areas in need of...

Dr. Congdon's Performance
Cedar Falls, IA |
Dr Congdon and all of his staff are very caring and knowledgeable
Thank you for your kind review! I am glad to hear about your positive experience and look forward to seeing you again.
in Clermont |
Dr. Congdon and his staff are excellent. They achieved this by being very helpful and willing to answer your questions.
Hi Robin, thank you for your kind review! I am glad to hear about your positive experience and look forward to seeing you again.
in Waverly, IA |
The care I received from Dr. Congdon and his entire staff was very good. The atmosphere was always positive and helped to make me feel less stressed.
Hi Patricia, thank you for your kind review! I am glad to hear about your positive experience and look forward to seeing you again.
in Waverly, IA |
Dr. Congdon is a very good Doctor and extremely knowledgeable in the field of cancers. He advised me of the surgery that he was going to perform on my cancer and what to expect afterwards. I would highly recommended Dr. Congdon and his staff .
Hi Jeff, thank you for your kind note! I am glad to hear about your positive experience and appreciate you taking the time to write this review.
in Waterloo,Iowa |
Dr Congdon did a wonderful job of removing a squamous cell cancer above my eye. I have no scars and no return of cancer. His PA Meg Heatly is great as is all of his staff.
Hi Roberta, thank you for your kind review! I am glad to hear about your positive experience. I will make sure your note is passed along to Meg as well.
Cedar Rapids, IA |
I actually saw Trish-Dermatologist. She has a great chair side manner and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a Dermatologist in the Cedar Valley!
Cedar Falls, IA |
Every time I saw Dr Congdon, I felt like he was in a rush to get out from the moment he walked in the room. I felt like I was irritating him by asking questions. Because of this, I had a procedure I didn't actually need. He highly promotes his Balloon Sinuplasty procedure. I would recommend getting a second opinion if he says you should have this done. I am now seeing a different ENT and was told the procedure was unnecessary. Also, it did NOT fix the issue I originally went to see him for.
Thank you for leaving a review. I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you, and for the way you felt you were treated. Providing excellent patient care in all areas is our top priority, and it's discouraging to hear about your experience. Given the opportunity, I would like to hear more about your experience and learn how we can improve our practice in the near and long-term future. Feel free to contact my office at your convenience, and thanks again for the feedback.
in Waverly, IA |
Dr, Congdon takes his time with each patient He also asks all of your questions He is very sincere and cares about how you are feeling and that he is actually happy to help with your problem and makes sure his staff follows through with your insurance
Hi Kelly, thank you for your kind review! I am glad to hear about your positive experience and look forward to seeing you again!
Minneapolis, MN |
I have had sinus issues all of my life. I went to have a deviated septum fixed and the surgery went very well with a fast recovery and only minor pain. I will not lie, there were around 2 very uncomfortable days right after the surgery but for the outcome it is very worth it. I should have had this done 30 years ago and avoided all of the sinus issues. I now can breath freely through my nose for the first time in my life and am very grateful for the expertise of Dr. Congdon and his team!
in Waterloo, IA |
I had sinus surgery by Dr. Congdon to fix my deviated septum and open my sinuses because of chronic reoccurring sinus infections. It's been six months now since my surgery and I feel great! My breathing is so much better now. I don't wake up with a stuffy nose anymore and haven't had any pain or congestion since my surgery and recovery. This was the best decision I've made and I wish I would have done it a long time ago. Dr. Congdon is a great surgeon and was very good at answering questions!
I would highly recommend Dr. Congdon to anyone. He and his staff are excellent, fast, friendly and professional. Something most doctor offices don't manage to pull off anymore.
Dubuque, IA |
I can't say I appreciated his brevity about answering my questions, but I have to say he did an overwhelming job on my septoplasty and turbinoplasty. Although I may not have preferred his personality, the important thing was the great job he did. i can breath now!
in Janesville,IA |
Dr Congdon was recommended by a friend in healthcare. I found him to be friendly and efficient. He explained things in a way I could understand. I was very pleased with his expertise. His office staff was very professional and friendly. Very nice office setting. Comfortable.
in Waverly, Iowa |
Absolutely terrible! Tried disagreeing with the word of 4 other doctors and it turns out he was wrong. "It's not rocket science to understand this".. absolute without a doubt the rudest doctor I've ever been to. I suggest ANYONE else
Thank you Doctor and the staff for taking such good care of me this week!
in Waterloo , IA |
I had a freak accident in October. I came to with a gash from the top of my nose down to 3 inches below my bottom lip. He saw me and stitched me up in office. 50 stitches. I was back to work in 2 weeks. He did an amazing job. I'll be honest he's cocky and a little arrogant but I wouldn't go to anyone else!
Dyersville, IA |
Terrible doctor. Was a complete jerk. Him and his nurse were very short with me and basically telling me that my pain was irrelevant and contradicted two doctors I had seen the week before. Absolutely horrible and will never be going back.
Personable,knowledgeable,and excellent staff personnel
Waterloo, IA |
I had a very poor experience. Dr Congdon was rude and did not answer my questions that I had about a surgery consult. When I asked about the risks of the procedure, he replied "all things in life have risks" and moved on not answering my question about the risks for the procedure besides bleeding. I was very disappointed in my experience because as a nurse I encourage my patients to ask their provider questions for better understanding. I was very frustrated by my experience.
in Myrtle Beach, SC |
I love the doctor and nurses however the front desk staff will hang up on the patients and deny you the right to talk to the office manager or the nurse who was helping you and will NOT give you there name! How unprofessional and how is she employed by these amazing doctors and nurses i have bo idea. I worked at a doctors office for 9 years and i have always went above n beyond to help patients. I was extremely calm on the phone i was not nasty whatsoever. I will post her name later!
in Stanley, IA |
Dr. Congdon was very professional and my nasal surgery and recovery went pretty much as he said it would. It was not as bad as others said it used to be and I am enjoying the breathing relief that it provided. I would also like to commend the pre-surgery staff. They did a nice job reassuring me with their kindness and friendliness.
in West Des Moines, IA |
Nice and respectful with my elderly parents. Accurate diagnosis and recommendations.
Cedar Falls, IA |
After having my eyelid surgery with Dr. Congdon I would never go anywhere else. I am 71 years old and it was my first surgery and I was very nervous about it. Dr. Congdon and all the staff made it a very comfortable experience.
Independence,Iowa |
I did not see Dr Congdon I was seen by Crystal Wilken and she was excellent
in Waterloo, IA |
I am comfortable at my appointments thanks to the friendly receptionists and Melanie! Thank you for providing years of good service!
in Davenport, IA |
I recently had Dr. Congdon for a quite extensive Sinus & Nose surgery. Everything went great and I can't believe how much better life is now that I don't have sinus infections and more volume in my airways. Dr. Congdon was very good at explaining the process and what I should expect before and after the surgery. I could not have asked for a better support staff either. They were ALL very pleased to see my progress and seamed very happy and fulfilled working with Dr. Congdon.
in West Union, IA |
Dr. Congdon cares about his patients on a personal level and continues to care long after treatments.
in Elma, IA |
I wish this procedure would have been available when I was a grade schooler, for having sinus conditions when in school is embarrassing. I now can breathe through my nose better than I ever have. Thanks, Dr. Congdon.
in Waterloo, IA |
I've been seeing Dr. Congdon for about 4 years now where he's been following up on a base tongue diagnosis and treatment that was missed entirely by a previous ENT. I've been more than satisfied and am confident with the professional and thorough care provided, not to mention the unhurried attention to detail in discussions of the problem. I would, and have recommended him to others with absolutely no reservatiions.
in Waterloo, IA |
Dr. Congdon removed big knots from my nose. Rhinophyma is the technical term. The surgery was totally painless. Zero. I left the surgery center in 3 or 4 hours with a nose that looked like the biggest, brightest red strawberry that you could imagine. Just a week later it was nearly covered with new skin and now, 16 days later, it looks good and no knots. I am very pleased.
in Waterloo, IA |
I went to dr congdon cause of his advertising on tv. The guy who said he had sinusitius after every cold sounded exactly like what I was going thru. Dr congdon told me what I THOUGHT i needed wasn't what I needed. He was very condensending and short with me. Now he has a commmercial that anybody with allergies would recoginize as being them. His employees were friendly but didn't seem happy to work there and very quiet around him. Stay away.
in Waterloo, IA |
Very proficient about new techniques/procedures.
Dr. Congdon does quality work. A nearly pain free experience.
in Waterloo, IA |
After suffering thru my adult life with sinus infections Dr Congdon did the Balloon sinuplasty in the morning and I was back working that afternoon with no side effects and have gone 5 months without sinus infection. Its wonderful to breathe thru my nose again and I have so much more energy now.
I had a panic attack in his office and was treated very poorly. He didn't wanna answer questions. I finally got him to slow down and explain why I was here and what he was gunna do. But first he threatened to just not serve me and listed doctors I could go to. If you have panic attacks or anxiety I highly recommend anyone else.
Have you seen Dr. David Congdon, MD?

Visit Dr. Congdon

• Health Net
    Tricare
  • HealthPartners
    Tricare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Life