Dr. David Congdon, MD

Dr. David Congdon, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  ·
Dr. David Congdon, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Waterloo, IA and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from Tulane University of Louisiana in 1997 and specializes in ear, nose, and throat.Read his story

1753 W Ridgeway Ave Ste 111

Waterloo, IA 50701

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Congdon

See how frequently Dr. Congdon performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Wound Repair
Cancer
Broken Nose
high

Dr. Congdon's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Congdon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Congdon "Dr. Congdon has been providing the Cedar Valley with exceptional health care since as early as 2003. As part of Cedar Valley Medical Specialists, he developed the Cedar Valley Centers for ENT, Hearing, Facial Plastic Surgery, MedSpa Rejuvenation, and Skin Cancer. It's Dr. Congdon's goal to help patients look, feel, and operate as the best possible version of themselves. As an extremely skilled surgeon, Dr. Congdon conducts facial procedures to remove damaging skin cancer from patients, and performs a number of difficult cosmetic procedures as well. In addition to surgical procedures, the clinic offers a variety of non-surgical services including facials, laser treatment for spider veins and medical microdermabrasion. Dedicated to individual needs of the patient, the staff of specialists works toward beautiful and healthy skin using the latest and safest technologies and medical skin care products. Dr. Congdon has expertise in the minimally invasive Balloon Sinuplasty procedure for patients suffering with sinusitis, and has extensive experience working with hearing impaired individuals also. Dr. Congdon's entire staff shares his goal of creating confidence & comfortability in EACH & EVERY patient that comes through his doors. You'll be greeted with a warm smile & a helping hand, and receive truly world-class care, right here in the Cedar Valley!"

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Otolaryngology
    Accredited by: American Board of Otolaryngology*
  • Plastic Surgery & Facial Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Tulane University of Louisiana
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Mayo Clinic Rochester
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Mayo Clin Dept Of Oto
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • University of Rochester
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Congdon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Congdon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Congdon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Congdon's Reviews

3.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Congdon to family and friends

Dr. Congdon's Performance

Dr. Congdon Says:
"

I'm very appreciative of any & ALL feedback regarding me or my staff. It's humbling and assuring to hear how I've positively affected some of your lives. And, it's equally as frustrating to see that I've let some of you down.

Our entire staff is constantly looking for opportunities to improve, and we're thankful for every review we receive as each helps point out specific areas in need of improvement.

We will be in

...

They take very good care of you at Dr. Congdon's Practice. Right to the point, which I really like. I was here for nose problems and allergies.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Condescending and doesn’t take the time needed to address concerns
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

We're sorry that you felt as though not enough time or individual attention was spent with you during your visit with Dr. Congdon. We want our patients to know that providing them with the highest quality care is not only our mission, but something we strive for every day with every patient. We invite you to contact our Patient Communications Department at (319) 235-5390 if you would like to speak with someone regarding your concerns.

My experience with Dr. Congdon was great! My surgery went well. I am noticing improvement with my breathing and my sinus infection frequency has decreased dramatically. Worth the discomfort of surgery/post-op visit. Many thanks!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I saw him twice. He may be Mayo trained but is one of the most arrogant people on earth. I went up to Mayo directly rather than deal with him again. The staff is just fine. Dr. Hart (same bldg.) or Barnard (Covenant/Wheaton) have just as good credentials, but they are both nice. I'm not friends...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your review. I am committed to providing excellent patient care, and would like to hear more about your experience. Please call my office at 319-833-5970 at your convenience to discuss this issue in more detail.

I went to Dr. Congdon to address the ear infections/hearing loss that I was struggling with due to sinus infections. When I met with Dr. Congdon, he was extremely arrogant & rude. He repeatedly asked me the same question over & over again, after I had explained that I didn't know. When I did give...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I take pride in my commitment to patients and would like to address this issue. Please call the office at 319-833-5970 at your convenience and I would be happy to discuss this further.