Dr. David Cohen, MD

Neurology ·  Male · Age 64

Dr. Cohen

Adult Neurology of North Atlanta

11660 Alpharetta Hwy Ste 265 Roswell, GA 30076

Dr. David Cohen, MD is a neurology specialist in Roswell, GA and has been practicing for 33 years. He graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University in 1981 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Cohen accepts

Dr. Cohen accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
Blue Choice HMO
Blue Choice Option POS
Blue Open Access POS

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Cohen's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Migrainous Stupor Migraine
  • Oculomotor Migraine
  • Retinal Migraine
  • Visual Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Cohen treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 98% of his peers

• Benign Essential Tremor

Dr. Cohen's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Ataxia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Insomnia
  • Lazy Eye
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Petit Mal Seizure
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

4.25531914893617%

Dr. Cohen?
Dr. Cohen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. David Cohen, MD
I have to agree with rest of the reviewers, regarding Dr. David Cohen being condescending, and talking over them. Very unprofessional. Got a letter that he is moving away to NC. Did not matter, because I was not going to use him after that first experience, any how.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen does not listen to his patients. He talks over them, makes assumptions, interrupts and when we went to a different neurologist was proven incorrect. He has a horrible bedside manner and honestly was simply rude every time I subjected myself to his care. I overheard his receptionists being terribly rude as well on more than one occasion. The ONLY positive I can say is his nurse seems nice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is great! He has helped me on several occasions and I would recommend him to others.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Took my father to see him several times. Excellent doctor who took the time to answer all my questions and my father's as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
He doesn't overbook his patients. There is a very short wait time to see him. He talks to you, not at you, and asks questions if needed. He also really listens when I tell him things. He is very staightforward when answering my questions and is concerned with long term results by getting to the cause of the problem. Pretty good sense of humor as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I just had the worst experience with Dr Cohen. I am currently in the hospital and he was very codescending to me and blew me off and didnt believe me when I told him what was wrong. He wouldnt let me speak and got frustrated with me because since the accident my speech was affected. He said it wasnt a real stutter. He was very rude and walked out of the room before I could explain things to him. He needs to be put out of practice for neglect and reported.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Today was my first visit. While the wait to see the doctor was a little long, it was well worth it. Dr cohen was very thorough and took time to explain things very clearly. I loved his good humor and the attention. My diagnosis was right on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I had read the many recommendations prior to going for my office visit. I found the staff helpful and felt the doctor was awesome. He was direct and empathetic. He took the time necessary to explain everything in detail. I was comforted by his professionalism. He also has a superb dry humor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
He is truly concerned and his diagnosis and treatment on what is by nature a very iffy condition has been right on. However, each time I see him he is eager to hear how my condition is and how the prescription and treatment he has given me are working. I feel very confident and comfortable with him. He is one of those rare doctors who, though there is no doubt about his professional expertise, can also be a good friend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I don't need to type out my entire experience, all you need to do is read the other (real) reviews, and you'll see the picture perfectly clear. My mind is blown by how this man treated me. The 5 star reviews must be his buddies, I don't know. I regret having wasted so much time and money, and not reading reviews before I went.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Cohen's for several years. After many years of suffering from migraines, Dr. Cohen is the first neurologist to finally help me manage them when no one else could, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have found him. His treatment plans are personal and specific, and he's a very knowledgeable, competant Doctor. I have the upmost of confidence in him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Horrible experience that is consistent with the person who said that he was arrogant. He had been highly recommended to me by a doctor that I trust, but I had a terrible experience with him talking over me, being condescending to me. He even told me to stop talking and he would tell me when I could talk. He would not listen to my answers and was not interested in the big-picture of my history. I have no idea what he was trying to do, since the communication was so awkward. I was very upset.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
HORRIBLE experience!!!! Conceding, rude, arrogant, and impatient. Mocked my wife, spoke over us, blatantly ignored me, and unwilling to explore treatment options with us. He said I was hopeless and helpless. Absolute WORST medical experience of my life!!!!! NEVER go to him!!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Dr Cohen has given me hope after just resigning myself to a lifetime of debilitating migraines!! His staff is warm and wonderful! They make me feel so comfortable and I can depend on them to do what needs to be done! I can't imagine anyone having a negative experience at his office! Thanks doc and girls for always taking care of me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
He takes time to listen and understand as well as to educate and treat. Dr Cohen has been great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is not your typical neurologist. He takes the time to actually listen and always provides the highest level of care. He saved my life in 2009 when I had two strokes and has continued to be there to support me throughout my recovery. Even though I am moving out of state I will continue to return to see him because there is not another neurologist like him. I would highly recommend Dr. David A Cohen to any patient, young or old, who is having neurological problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Have been a patient for 20 years. Every since he fired all his staff last year and brought in a management company I have hated going. They are rude and worst off he doesn not care. After how the treated me today, and would not let me speak to dr. Cohen (and he did not offer to speaks to me) I have left. Another person in the office who witnessed this abuse told his wife when she came out, said we will never come back here again. He does not care anymore about his patients onviously
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I would not recommend this doctor because you cannot reach him directly. He does not personally respond to any calls. You can only speak to a a staff member. I personally called to ask a question about a possible side affect of hallucinations (the medicine that he had prescribed) may have caused and was told to call the pharmacist. The pharmacist suggested getting a second Dr.'s opinion on whether to give the drug.Was told I would have to pay a consult fee $350 to talk to DrCohen...UNACCEPTABLE
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone. His staff is poor and lazy. They didn't even inform me that he had moved since my last appointment. He rushes you through your appointment and doesn't even answer basic questions. I was able to find the answers on line but he can't answer. He sneaks out of the appointment by saying he will get you a prescription or saying he will be back and then he never returns. STAY AWAY!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cohen?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cohen treats patients.