Dr. David Cohen, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 65

Dr. Cohen

Wellstar Hospitalist Medicine

3950 Austell Rd # 22 Austell, GA 30106

Dr. David Cohen, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Austell, GA and has over 40 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Cohen has more experience with Neurodegenerative Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medicine Research, Pondicherry University medical school in 1981. He is affiliated with medical facilities Northside Hospital Forsyth and Wellstar North Fulton Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cohen to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Cohen is affiliated with Northside Hospital Forsyth Cumming, a highly rated hospital.

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Frequently Treated by Dr. Cohen

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Cohen treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Cohen treats other conditions, please contact the office at (770) 732-4022.

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Dr. Cohen typically treats 69% more often than similar doctors

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Optic Neuritis
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Dr. Cohen accepts

Dr. Cohen accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice PPO, EPO-GA

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cohen

3.6

Dr. Cohen?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (33)
  • Explained conditions well (33)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (33)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (15)
  • Appointment was rushed (14)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (14)
Less than satisfactory. After waiting 40 minutes to see Dr Cohen, he rushed through the same questions that he’s been asking for several years. No new information or advice, and we were left with the feeling that he was just “going through the motions” until the next 6 month visit. When I attempted to ask a question, he “shushed” me, then raced out the door to his next patient.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Mimi M in Roswell – Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I have to agree with rest of the reviewers, regarding Dr. David Cohen being condescending, and talking over them. Very unprofessional. Got a letter that he is moving away to NC. Did not matter, because I was not going to use him after that first experience, any how.
Alpharetta, GA – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen does not listen to his patients. He talks over them, makes assumptions, interrupts and when we went to a different neurologist was proven incorrect. He has a horrible bedside manner and honestly was simply rude every time I subjected myself to his care. I overheard his receptionists being terribly rude as well on more than one occasion. The ONLY positive I can say is his nurse seems nice.
Alpharetta, GA – Jul 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is great! He has helped me on several occasions and I would recommend him to others.
Atlanta, GA – Apr 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Took my father to see him several times. Excellent doctor who took the time to answer all my questions and my father's as well.
Richard Rice in Atlanta, GA – Mar 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
He doesn't overbook his patients. There is a very short wait time to see him. He talks to you, not at you, and asks questions if needed. He also really listens when I tell him things. He is very staightforward when answering my questions and is concerned with long term results by getting to the cause of the problem. Pretty good sense of humor as well.
Alpharetta, GA – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I just had the worst experience with Dr Cohen. I am currently in the hospital and he was very codescending to me and blew me off and didnt believe me when I told him what was wrong. He wouldnt let me speak and got frustrated with me because since the accident my speech was affected. He said it wasnt a real stutter. He was very rude and walked out of the room before I could explain things to him. He needs to be put out of practice for neglect and reported.
Atlanta, GA – Jan 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Today was my first visit. While the wait to see the doctor was a little long, it was well worth it. Dr cohen was very thorough and took time to explain things very clearly. I loved his good humor and the attention. My diagnosis was right on.
Sharon Cole in Alpharetta, GA – Nov 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I had read the many recommendations prior to going for my office visit. I found the staff helpful and felt the doctor was awesome. He was direct and empathetic. He took the time necessary to explain everything in detail. I was comforted by his professionalism. He also has a superb dry humor.
Richard Becker in Roswell, GA – Jul 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
He is truly concerned and his diagnosis and treatment on what is by nature a very iffy condition has been right on. However, each time I see him he is eager to hear how my condition is and how the prescription and treatment he has given me are working. I feel very confident and comfortable with him. He is one of those rare doctors who, though there is no doubt about his professional expertise, can also be a good friend.
Tommy Lawhorne in Cumming, GA – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I don't need to type out my entire experience, all you need to do is read the other (real) reviews, and you'll see the picture perfectly clear. My mind is blown by how this man treated me. The 5 star reviews must be his buddies, I don't know. I regret having wasted so much time and money, and not reading reviews before I went.
J. R. in Alpharetta, GA – Jul 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Cohen's for several years. After many years of suffering from migraines, Dr. Cohen is the first neurologist to finally help me manage them when no one else could, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have found him. His treatment plans are personal and specific, and he's a very knowledgeable, competant Doctor. I have the upmost of confidence in him.
Lillie B in Alpharetta, GA – Jun 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Horrible experience that is consistent with the person who said that he was arrogant. He had been highly recommended to me by a doctor that I trust, but I had a terrible experience with him talking over me, being condescending to me. He even told me to stop talking and he would tell me when I could talk. He would not listen to my answers and was not interested in the big-picture of my history. I have no idea what he was trying to do, since the communication was so awkward. I was very upset.
Anastasi in Alpharetta, GA – May 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
HORRIBLE experience!!!! Conceding, rude, arrogant, and impatient. Mocked my wife, spoke over us, blatantly ignored me, and unwilling to explore treatment options with us. He said I was hopeless and helpless. Absolute WORST medical experience of my life!!!!! NEVER go to him!!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!
GA – Apr 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Dr Cohen has given me hope after just resigning myself to a lifetime of debilitating migraines!! His staff is warm and wonderful! They make me feel so comfortable and I can depend on them to do what needs to be done! I can't imagine anyone having a negative experience at his office! Thanks doc and girls for always taking care of me!
Polly Fields in Dahlonega, GA. – Mar 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
He takes time to listen and understand as well as to educate and treat. Dr Cohen has been great!
Feb 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is not your typical neurologist. He takes the time to actually listen and always provides the highest level of care. He saved my life in 2009 when I had two strokes and has continued to be there to support me throughout my recovery. Even though I am moving out of state I will continue to return to see him because there is not another neurologist like him. I would highly recommend Dr. David A Cohen to any patient, young or old, who is having neurological problems.
Daniel Sullivan in Alpharetta, GA – Jan 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
Have been a patient for 20 years. Every since he fired all his staff last year and brought in a management company I have hated going. They are rude and worst off he doesn not care. After how the treated me today, and would not let me speak to dr. Cohen (and he did not offer to speaks to me) I have left. Another person in the office who witnessed this abuse told his wife when she came out, said we will never come back here again. He does not care anymore about his patients onviously
Jan 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I would not recommend this doctor because you cannot reach him directly. He does not personally respond to any calls. You can only speak to a a staff member. I personally called to ask a question about a possible side affect of hallucinations (the medicine that he had prescribed) may have caused and was told to call the pharmacist. The pharmacist suggested getting a second Dr.'s opinion on whether to give the drug.Was told I would have to pay a consult fee $350 to talk to DrCohen...UNACCEPTABLE
Dissatisfied in Roswell, GA – Dec 27, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?
I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone. His staff is poor and lazy. They didn't even inform me that he had moved since my last appointment. He rushes you through your appointment and doesn't even answer basic questions. I was able to find the answers on line but he can't answer. He sneaks out of the appointment by saying he will get you a prescription or saying he will be back and then he never returns. STAY AWAY!
Cumming, GA – Dec 20, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cohen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cohen?

• Neurology