Dr. David A. Cohen, MD

Dr. David A. Cohen, MD

Neurology | Male

Adult Neurology of North Atlanta 11660 Alpharetta Hwy Ste 265, Roswell, GA 30076 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Cohen specializes in Neurology and practices in Roswell, GA. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Cohen? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Cohen's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Cohen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Cohen has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
3.7
Experience with Dr. Cohen
Dr. Cohen's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (31)
in Roswell, GA |
I had read the many recommendations prior to going for my office visit. I found the staff helpful and felt the doctor was awesome. He was direct and empathetic. He took the time necessary to explain everything in detail. I was comforted by his professionalism. He also has a superb dry humor.
in Cumming, GA |
He is truly concerned and his diagnosis and treatment on what is by nature a very iffy condition has been right on. However, each time I see him he is eager to hear how my condition is and how the prescription and treatment he has given me are working. I feel very confident and comfortable with him. He is one of those rare doctors who, though there is no doubt about his professional expertise, can also be a good friend.
in Alpharetta, GA |
I don't need to type out my entire experience, all you need to do is read the other (real) reviews, and you'll see the picture perfectly clear. My mind is blown by how this man treated me. The 5 star reviews must be his buddies, I don't know. I regret having wasted so much time and money, and not reading reviews before I went.
in Alpharetta, GA |
I've been a patient of Dr. Cohen's for several years. After many years of suffering from migraines, Dr. Cohen is the first neurologist to finally help me manage them when no one else could, and I consider myself extremely fortunate to have found him. His treatment plans are personal and specific, and he's a very knowledgeable, competant Doctor. I have the upmost of confidence in him.
in Alpharetta, GA |
Horrible experience that is consistent with the person who said that he was arrogant. He had been highly recommended to me by a doctor that I trust, but I had a terrible experience with him talking over me, being condescending to me. He even told me to stop talking and he would tell me when I could talk. He would not listen to my answers and was not interested in the big-picture of my history. I have no idea what he was trying to do, since the communication was so awkward. I was very upset.
GA |
HORRIBLE experience!!!! Conceding, rude, arrogant, and impatient. Mocked my wife, spoke over us, blatantly ignored me, and unwilling to explore treatment options with us. He said I was hopeless and helpless. Absolute WORST medical experience of my life!!!!! NEVER go to him!!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!
in Dahlonega, GA. |
Dr Cohen has given me hope after just resigning myself to a lifetime of debilitating migraines!! His staff is warm and wonderful! They make me feel so comfortable and I can depend on them to do what needs to be done! I can't imagine anyone having a negative experience at his office! Thanks doc and girls for always taking care of me!
He takes time to listen and understand as well as to educate and treat. Dr Cohen has been great!
in Alpharetta, GA |
Dr. Cohen is not your typical neurologist. He takes the time to actually listen and always provides the highest level of care. He saved my life in 2009 when I had two strokes and has continued to be there to support me throughout my recovery. Even though I am moving out of state I will continue to return to see him because there is not another neurologist like him. I would highly recommend Dr. David A Cohen to any patient, young or old, who is having neurological problems.
Have been a patient for 20 years. Every since he fired all his staff last year and brought in a management company I have hated going. They are rude and worst off he doesn not care. After how the treated me today, and would not let me speak to dr. Cohen (and he did not offer to speaks to me) I have left. Another person in the office who witnessed this abuse told his wife when she came out, said we will never come back here again. He does not care anymore about his patients onviously
in Roswell, GA |
I would not recommend this doctor because you cannot reach him directly. He does not personally respond to any calls. You can only speak to a a staff member. I personally called to ask a question about a possible side affect of hallucinations (the medicine that he had prescribed) may have caused and was told to call the pharmacist. The pharmacist suggested getting a second Dr.'s opinion on whether to give the drug.Was told I would have to pay a consult fee $350 to talk to DrCohen...UNACCEPTABLE
Cumming, GA |
I would not recommend this Dr. to anyone. His staff is poor and lazy. They didn't even inform me that he had moved since my last appointment. He rushes you through your appointment and doesn't even answer basic questions. I was able to find the answers on line but he can't answer. He sneaks out of the appointment by saying he will get you a prescription or saying he will be back and then he never returns. STAY AWAY!
Have you seen Dr. David A. Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?

Compare Dr. Cohen

• Neurology
  • Neuropsychiatry (Neurology)

Why It Matters: Dr. Cohen's Board Certifications

• Neurology

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • Ataxia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Lazy Eye
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

• Lumbar Puncture

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University

Graduated in 1981

Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania

Completed in 1982

Hospital Of The University Of Pennsylvania

Completed in 1985

Wills Eye Hospital

Completed in 1986

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Cohen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurology
  • Board certified in Neurology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Cohen

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Cohen's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Cohen

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients