Dr. David Clayton, MD

Plastic Surgery | Male

Dr. David Clayton, MD

Dr. Clayton was born and raised in Salt Lake City, and was accepted on an early admission basis to medical school at the University of Utah where he graduated in 1976 with Surgery Honors. He then went to Providence Hospital in Detroit, MI, for his general surgery and plastic surgery training, and became certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1984. He joined his plastic surgeon father, John L. Clayton, MD, in 1981, and his brother, John N Clayton, MD, joined the practice a year later. In 1983, Dr. David Clayton became the first doctor in Utah to perform liposuction. He has published in a major plastic surgery journal on the subject of liposuction, but his practice includes all forms of body contouring as well as facial cosmetic surgery. Dr. Clayton has been married to his high school sweetheart, Allison, for almost 44 years. They have 5 children and 10 beautiful grandchildren. Dr. Clayton is also a well trained classical pianist, and enjoys performing jazz and popular music with his two brothers in their group called "Reconstruction".

...See Less

Dr. Clayton's Care Philosophy

As one of Utah's most experienced board-certified plastic and cosmetic surgeons, I believe that the least expensive plastic surgery is the one done right the first time. I treat my patients the way I would want myself or my own family to be treated - with respect, precision, artistry, and safety. My patients know that they can call me on my cell phone directly for any questions or concerns. After all, that's the way I would want to be treated.

Dr. Clayton's Experience

See how Dr. Clayton's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Clayton

Dr. Clayton accepts 1 insurance carrier

Dr. Clayton is now accepting new patients
Trilogy Medical Center7001 S 900 E Ste 100
Midvale, UT 84047
(801) 747-2273Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Clayton has admitting privileges.

Dr. Clayton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clayton to family and friends
Dr. Clayton's Performance
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I have been a patient of Dr. Clayton's for nearly 34 years..He is always professional and attentive to my needs. The happiness of his patient is his number one concern! His surgical skills are impeccable and the results are beautiful and natural. I have undergone numerous procedures and surgeries by Dr Clayton and I find him kind and concerned for my wellbeing and satisfaction. My results are beautiful and as close to perfection as possible. I have recommended him to many friends and coworkers.
Dallas, Tx |
Dr Clayton was great. From the first consultation to the last appointment he really cared about you and what you wanted and expected. Dr Clayton performed breast augmentation and reduction. Every mammogram I have had since I have received compliments on the beautiful job he did. I had my nose done. Liposuction on my legs and stomach. He still does my Botox for me every six months! I would recommend him to my closest friends and family members. Many of them have all ready seen him.
in Morgan, Utah |
I have had two procedures done by Dr Clayton! Breast augmentation and tummy tuck! He did an Amazing job!!! So incredibly happy with the results!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Clayton performed my tummy tuck and the results are amazing. Even my OB/GYN said it was the best job she'd ever seen! Dr. Clayton was very attentive to my needs. He spent as much time as I needed to answer my questions and concerns. He was thorough in his explanations and gave much more information than I knew to ask. Everything he told me was just as the surgery and recovery played out. Dr. Clayton takes pride in his work and is very caring. He has moved to Trilogy Medical Ctr in Midvale UT
in Sandy, UT |
Dr. Clayton is a highly skilled and knowledgeable plastic surgeon. He took the time to explain my procedure and answered all my questions. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
Have you seen Dr. David Clayton, MD?
Are you Dr. Clayton?

Compare Dr. Clayton

Dr. Clayton says...

Dr. Clayton was born and raised in Salt Lake City, and was accepted on an early admission basis to medical school at the University of Utah where he graduated in 1976 with Surgery Honors. He then went to Providence Hospital in Detroit, MI, for his general surgery and plastic surgery training, and became certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1984. He joined his plastic surgeon father, John L. Clayton, MD, in 1981, and his brother, John N Clayton, MD, joined the practice a year later.

Dr. Clayton has been married to his high school sweetheart, Allison, for almost 44 years. They have 5 children and 10 beautiful grandchildren. Dr. Clayton is also a well trained classical pianist, and enjoys performing jazz and popular music with his two brothers in their group called "Reconstruction".

Dr. Clayton's Care Philosophy

Dr. Clayton says...

Ever since my plastic surgeon father, John L. Clayton, MD, fixed my prominent ears when I was in high school, I have realized how important it can be to help people in ways that they cannot help themselves. This extends to the way we see ourselves, and the way we are seen in public. The confidence that comes with improvement in our appearance is powerful, and has been a motivator for me in the practice of Cosmetic Plastic Surgery for many years!

While the techniques of plastic surgery can be learned in residency, the art of cosmetic plastic surgery comes with experience. Having actively practiced cosmetic plastic surgery for over 35 years, I am very confident in my ability to evaluate a cosmetic problem, and repair it in the most beautiful, efficient, and cost effective way.

Dr. Clayton says...

As the first doctor in Utah to perform liposuction in 1983, I have the longest experience with this type of body contouring in Utah. My practice has been focused on all types of cosmetic surgery for over 30 years. I have participated in several national meetings as a lecturer in liposuction, and still enjoy performing facial cosmetic surgery as well as body contouring surgery.

Dr. Clayton's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Plastic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Clayton has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Clayton's Board Certifications

• Breast Size or Shape Change
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Deviated Septum
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Gynecomastia

Southeastern Mich Hospital

Completed in 1981

University Of Utah

Graduated in 1972

Dr. Clayton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clayton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Plastic Surgery
  • Cosmetic Surgery

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast Lift Surgery
  • Breast Reduction
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Laser Surgery
  • Dermabrasion
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Earlobe Repair
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Facelift
  • Facial Rejuvenation, Advanced, Laser
  • Juvéderm® Injection
  • Liposuction
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Photorejuvenation