Dr. David Clayton, MD

Dr. David Clayton, MD

Plastic Surgery  |
Dr. David Clayton, MD is a plastic surgery doctor who practices in Midvale, UT. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 39 years.Read his story

7001 S 900 E Ste 100

Midvale, UT 84047

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Clayton

See how frequently Dr. Clayton performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)

Dr. Clayton's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Clayton's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Clayton "Dr. Clayton was born and raised in Salt Lake City, and was accepted on an early admission basis to medical school at the University of Utah where he graduated in 1976 with Surgery Honors. He then went to Providence Hospital in Detroit, MI, for his general surgery and plastic surgery training, and became certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in 1984. He joined his plastic surgeon father, John L. Clayton, MD, in 1981, and his brother, John N Clayton, MD, joined the practice a year later. In 1983, Dr. David Clayton became the first doctor in Utah to perform liposuction. He has published in a major plastic surgery journal on the subject of liposuction, but his practice includes all forms of body contouring as well as facial cosmetic surgery. Dr. Clayton has been married to his high school sweetheart, Allison, for almost 44 years. They have 5 children and 10 beautiful grandchildren. Dr. Clayton is also a well trained classical pianist, and enjoys performing jazz and popular music with his two brothers in their group called "Reconstruction"."

This content was provided by Dr. Clayton "As one of Utah's most experienced board-certified plastic and cosmetic surgeons, I believe that the least expensive plastic surgery is the one done right the first time. I treat my patients the way I would want myself or my own family to be treated - with respect, precision, artistry, and safety. My patients know that they can call me on my cell phone directly for any questions or concerns. After all, that's the way I would want to be treated."

• Plastic Surgery

• Breast Size or Shape Change
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Congenital Anomalies of Breast
  • Deviated Septum
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Gigantomastia
  • Wrinkles

• Abdominoplasty
  • Adjacent Tissue Transfer
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Breast Augmentation
  • Breast Lift Surgery
  • Breast Reduction
  • Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Laser Surgery
  • Dermabrasion
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Earlobe Repair
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Facelift
  • Facial Rejuvenation, Advanced, Laser
  • Juvéderm® Injection
  • Liposuction
  • Mini Tummy Tuck
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Photorejuvenation
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Scar Revision Surgery
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Resurfacing
  • Venous Sclerotherapy
  • Wound Repair
  • Wrinkle Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• University of Utah
  • Providence Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Southeastern Mich Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Clayton has no media or publications listed.

• American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Member

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Clayton Says:

Thank you to all who have taken the time to describe your experience with me. It is an honor and a privilege to care for my patients, and I enjoy helping them in ways that they cannot help themselves. I love to make the world a more beautiful place!

I truly try to care for each patient as I would want to be treated myself, or as I would want any member of my family to be treated. That is how my father, John L. Clayton, MD,

...

Dr. Clayton is not only a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor, he is a very kind man!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Clayton is an Excellent Dr. and surgeon! He is very knowledgeable about his procedures. Also he is EXCELLENT with scar revisions. Also he has an EXCELLENT bedside manner. The very best!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. David Clayton is the Best of the Very Best. I have known Dr. Clayton about 30 years. Each procedure I have had has shown impeccable skill. He is highly skilled in his procedures. I would only recommend Dr. David Clayton. Thank you for your caring and kindness!
in Rapid City, SD |
I am 40 years old and a mother of three boys. After having large babies my stomach was never the same. Being 5'8" 140 lbs. I wore a 34 DDD. I was very disproportionate. In June, I traveled over 600 miles for Dr. Clayton to do a tummy tuck and breast reduction. He also added fat to my breasts...more
in Tooele, Utah |
As of 2017, I have been a patient of Dr. Clayton's for 7+ years now. He has always treated me with respect and has educated me on the latest products. He is very knowledgeable and experienced. I have felt safe and well taken care of each time he has treated me with kindness and compassion. My...more

Visit Dr. Clayton