Dr. David Cheong, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 47

430 Morton Plant St Ste 301 Clearwater, FL 33756

Dr. David Cheong, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Clearwater, FL. Dr. Cheong has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones, Knee/Lower Limbs, and Shoulder/Upper Arm than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital and Mease Countryside Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Cheong to book an appointment.

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Cheong with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Largo Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Largo Medical Center today at (727) 258-5186.

Filter by
Provider Ratings
provider hospital

These providers are on the medical staff of Largo Medical Center.

Dr. Cheong's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cheong

4.5

Dr. Cheong?
Excellent process from diagnosis thru surgery and on to rehab. Kept me well informed and involved in all decisions. Very personable, good communication.
Oct 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
I received 5 star treatment from Dr Cheong and Brandon Hensley, PA at OAWF. In the midst of a pandemic we decided to go forward with my total knee replacement. They fully prepared me for the surgery which went flawlessly. My recovery is going better than expected. I couldn't be happier. When the time comes for the other knee I will certainly return to see Dr Cheong.
Toni S Scarr – Sep 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
Yesterday concluded my second hip replacement with Dr Cheong. To say that I’m pleased is an understatement. My left hip replacement was in Dec 2019. It went well. I was out of the hospital after an overnight stay. I was walking (without assistance) in less than two weeks. And I only required pain mediation for three days. My right hip was replaced in July 2020. I was out of the hospital the same day. And I was walking in a little over a week. I considered the first operation great, and yet the second one surpassed the first. The doctor and his staff provided great pre-op and post op assistance. They answered all my questions as well as those of my spouse. They prepared us on what to expect during and after the operation. And in this age of Covid, they act proactively. I felt comfortable in their care. I’ve had more difficulty with a dental visit than with these operations. I’m very appreciative of the Dr and his staff.
David Mitchell – Sep 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
I want to take this opportunity to thank Dr Cheong and Brandon Hensley PA and their staff for their excellent care and skill replacing my hip It was a great success I received excellent care before during and after my surgery at Morton Plant Hospital I would highly recommend Dr Cheong to all people experiencing pain I was up walking the first day and walking a mile by my second week My only regret was waiting so long Dennis Kerrigan
Dennis Kerrigan – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
Dr. Cheong and his staff are extremely professional. Dr. Cheong replaced my right shoulder and he and his staff have been compassionate and reassuring throughout the whole process. I highly recommend them.
Cathy Winchester – Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
Examined left knee for possible surgery. It was decided surgery was definitely required due to instability & safety due to several falls. Always professional!!!
Wally Yyson – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
Dr. Cheong is a skilled & professional provider. I had a hip replacement and the surgical details were well explained during my pre-op visit. I was given the opportunity to get answers to all questions and he addressed my concerns. I am now 7 weeks post-op and doing very well, driving, walking, riding a bicycle, and have been able to return to most all of my normal activities. After having such pain with “what was left of my own hip”, it’s wonderful to feel good again. Thank you Dr. Cheong. If you’re having a hip problem, give him a call. He’ll take great care of you!
Linda Horton-Cook – Jun 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
I give my highest recommendation to Dr Cheong and his staff. From start to finish totally professional and highly competent. I have already schduled my other hip replacement based on the excellent results I experienced. Thanks Dr Cheong.....John Link
john w link – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
I went to Dr. Cheong about a tumor behind my left knee. He took the time to answer my questions and review potential complications with me. The surgery lasted about 30 minutes under general anesthesia and went well. I am walking normally after 2 weeks of rest. After the surgery I only needed the ice packs provided at the hospital for discomfort for a couple days. I didn't need to take and pain medication! I would recommend Dr. Cheong without reservation or hesitation, and would seek his services again if I needed them! Dr. Cheong is a skilled surgeon!
Harland Greene Jr. RPh – Jun 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
I had total knee replacement surgery about 9 months ago. From my first visit to my most recent visit, I have been impressed by Dr Cheong, his PA, Brandon, and the staff of OAWF. I had surgery at Morton Plant hospital, in at 8:30 am and out by noon the next day. Within 3 weeks of the surgery, I was able to do stationary bicycling. Three months after surgery, I was back to walking, riding a regular bike, and golfing. Every person is different, but I feel the treatment I received resulted in the best possible outcome. I went to Dr Cheong after visiting two other surgeons for the same knee, and am so very glad I did. He addressed all my concerns, with respect, patience, and kindness.
Colleen M. – Jun 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
When I called OAWF for an appointment they took all my information and gave me an appointment with a different doctor in the group. A few days later they called and said that they felt Dr. Cheong would be better able to take care of my problem. I was very impressed that they had reviewed my information and made that call before my initial visit so that my treatment would not be delayed any further. I went to Dr. Cheong for a second opinion after more than two months of another orthopedics recommended non-weight-bearing for extreme knee pain. He assessed the situation and recommended surgery to address the issue. Two days after out-patient surgery I was pain free! Dr. Cheong explains everything thoroughly and is a very kind and gentle man. The staff is great and also very caring. I would highly recommend Dr. David Cheong and Orthopedic Associates of West Florida.
Cyndi Kowalski – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
My wife had a total knee replacement performed by Dr. Cheong Jan. 2019. We did thorough research before selecting Dr. Cheong. She did great and continues to do well 15 months later. When it was time for my surgery in Feb. of this year for a total hip replacement it was an easy choice. The day of the surgery I was up and walking the halls of the hospital and released to come home the next day. I'm sure that his use of robotics technology adds to his skill set and his success and respect as an advanced orthopedic surgeon. I highly recommend him and his staff.
Rick Husk – Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
Dr. Cheong performed my total hip replacement (left side) on Jan. 7, 2020. I was up and out of my hospital bed by the next morning, standing, sitting and walking around the hallways. Soooooo much better than the other hip replacement from 2012. A short recovery period and then back to life. Dr. Cheong was the best surgeon that I could have had. He maintained dialogue with me before and throughout the process making sure that I was informed and encouraged. Good job Dr. Choeng!
Peter Hegedus – Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
My husband just had knee replacement with dr. Cheong two days ago. I would highly recommend him. He is so caring and as far as I can tell a miracle man. My husband is dong great.. sooo pleased! Thanks Dr. Cheong. Be back for the other knee ASAP.
Jeanne burke in Dunedin, FL – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
I had heard many horror stories of hip replacement surgeries gone bad so I did a lot of research for a Dr. to do my hip replacement surgery. I choose Dr. Cheong and the MAKO robotic assisted surgery method and I couldn't have made a better choice. I was able to start riding my bike again in 5 weeks and was back on the tennis court in 8 weeks. The only thing I regret is not getting it done sooner.
Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
I am a former orthopedic rep,and during my tenure i called on many orthopedic surgeons.When I needed my hip replaced,of course I wanted the best.After a lot of homework I chose Dr. Cheong.He takes time to answer your questions.He is the leading edge of robotic surgery.At 75 I am back playing golf,riding my bike and walking my dog with my wife.Thanks Dr. Cheong.
Len Cimney – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
I had a fabulous experience with Dr. Cheong, very personable and very clear about what the problem was and what the appropriate solution would be. He recommended partial knee replacement using the MAKO robotic assisted method. Was a great surgery and I was back playing pickleball in 4 weeks!!! highly recommend him to all!
Marsha S Mclaurin – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
Outstanding physician and human being. Compassionate person and extraordinary physician. Highly recommend him.
Clearwater – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
Dr. Cheong was the orthopaedic surgeon for my MAKO total hip replacement. He and his office staff were very professional and supportive throughout the process. I rate their amazing personalities and support and strong five. If you are looking for a surgeon with great communication skills to support your journey, see Dr. Cheong.
Janet B. – Aug 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?
On March 5 2019 I had a full right knee replacement done by Robotic Surgery at Morton Plant Hosp. In Clearwater. I did not have any pain after surgery and was home the next day to begin PT. I would recommend Dr David Cheong to anyone considering a knee or hip replacement. Thank you so much Dr Cheong for your professionalism . Judith Bassler
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Cheong, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cheong?

Dr. David Cheong is an orthopaedic oncology surgeon in the Sarcoma Department at Moffitt Cancer Center and director of Moffitt?s Physical Therapy Department....Read more

University Of Miami