Dr. David G. Carfagno, DO

Dr. David G. Carfagno, DO

Sports Medicine | Male

Scottsdale Sports Medicine Institute 10133 N 92nd St Ste 102, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Carfagno's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Carfagno's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Carfagno

Dr. Carfagno accepts 11 insurance carriers

11 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Carfagno has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Carfagno

Dr. Carfagno's Review Details
4.4 based on 75 responses
Experience with Dr. Carfagno
Dr. Carfagno's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (66)
Glendale, AZ |
Dr. Carfagno really cares about my health and what I care about. He helped with his amazing metabolic lab, and expert referrals. He not only prescribed physical therapy, but he did his own manipulation because he is a D.O. He is the best!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. David Carfagno is the most detailed and caring physician I have been involved with. He is professional and takes the time to get to know his patients. I have seen Dr. Carfagno on several occasions and every time I received the individual care, professionalism and knowledge that has made me a healthier and happier person. I can not thank him and his staff for what they have done for me over the years. I highly recommend Dave and his office, as you will not be disappointed. Anne Blazek
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Carfagno was so amazing! I love the way he creates a care team around you so that everyone is in communication with how to keep you healthy. He also is all about prevention and wellness, which is so important to me!
in Paradise Valley |
Been coming here for about 10 years since 64 years old. Was sick a lot during my first decade but doing well in my 70s. Exercise organic food eating at home yoga mostly water diet where beverages are concerned has helped a great deal. I also did acupuncture with Lloyd Wright to up my immune system. Very greatful patient.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
Stuck it out with me through 3 years of rehab, motivating and guiding along the journey. Without Dave my shoulder may have never healed. With the guiding hand of Dr. Carfagno through exercise, rehab and nutrition my swing speed has returned to where is was prior to the operation - although a bit older which is always better that the alternative LOL. As a bonus I am healthier and in better shape overall as well. Thanks Dave for getting me back in shape to enter the arena again!
in Ipswich, MA |
Dr. Carfagno is best in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area! As a sports medicine physician, it's important to also be an athlete, which he is. His involvement as medical directors of many sporting events such as the Phoenix Marathon & Ironman Arizona add to his experience level for treating a wide range of sports related injuries. He is very personable & empathetic which are great qualities when dealing with the injured athlete! Dr. Carfagno also excels in treatment of chronic arthritis. Highly rec!!!
in Tempe, AZ |
Dr. Carfagno truly cares about YOU as a person, as an athlete for life, old or young. Very thorough and made sure I got the right diagnosis vs what urgent care had told me. I would highly recommend Dr. C as he is up on the latest technology and medical care that is best for me! I've been a repeat customer for years and will continue to see Dr. C for my health needs.
in Cave Creek, AZ |
After 10 years of working with Dr Carfagno I couldn't be happier with him as a physician. Dr Carfagno has treated both my sports medicine and general medicine needs with the exceptionally high levels of knowledge, honesty, compassion, and professionalism that patients search for. Dr Carfagno take health and fitness to the next level by providing highly comprehensive physicals and metabolic testing to ensure he is helping his patients achieve the best health and fitness possible.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Carfagno and staff are great. There is a good vibe in the office. He's never distracted or hurried during the exam. He's batting a thousand at resolving my weekend warrior injuries. I also think it's very cool that he is giving back by teaching medical school students that work with him in clinic. I would highly recommend Dr. Carfagno.
in Chandler, AZ |
I had spent several years looking for a doctor like Dr. Carfagno. Since my first visit I was very impress on how brilliant, knowledgeable, compassionate and caring he is. He is very thorough and he listened to every single word I said. in a few words: Excellent, answered and explained. Not rushed. I would recommend Dr. Carfagno to anyone who is looking for an excellent physician.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Carfagno is not only the physician I see when I am injured but he is who I send all my patients to. He is a wealth of information and treats every patient as if they are family. We highly recommend.
in Cave Creek, AZ |
It's been about 1 1/2 years since my stem cell and PRP injections into my left knee. Instead of facing knee replacement surgery in another 6 months, I am in a routine of walking daily and being able to workout without a knee brace. I can actually kneel on the tile floor to perform tasks like changing the water filter in the refrigerator. What I want now is a similar procedure that will reduce aging and the aging process, but that is probably unlikely, even for a miracle worker like Dr. Carfagno
Phoenix, AZ |
As a Podiatrist, I sometimes get athletic patients that are having problems above the knee that I am unable to treat. All of the patients that I have sent to Dr. Carfagno were very happy with the results that they got from his treatment. He is very knowledgeable about sports related injuries as well as general medicine. He is a compassionate physician that truly cares about his patients! I highly recommend him!
in Scottsdale AZ |
I have not met a sports Dr so unassuming yet so smart. Was referred to Dr Carfagno by someone I respect. Was blown away by his knowledge
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Carfagno's genuine care & compassion are evident from the first time you meet him. Dr. Carfagno?s knowledge is deeper than any doctor I know. With a specialty in Sports Medicine and as an athlete myself, I know that he will be able to treat whatever comes my way. As a running coach and fitness trainer, I can feel confident sending anyone to Dr. Carfagno. He treats each patient as an individual and I know whether my clients or family they will get the best of care.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Carfagno is always so thorough. He gets to the root of your issue, not just treating the symptom. He cares about his patients!!!
Dr Carfagno is one of the top doctors I have interacted with. He is always keeping up to date on new discoveries and treatment for medical conditions in addition to being a leader in the field of sports medicine. His top priority is focusing on the patient. This comes out with his excellent bedside manner with patients I have observed. I highly recommend him as an internist along with sports medicine physician.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Dave Carfagno is one of the most well rounded doctors I have ever known. He is trust worthy and is always doing what is best for his patients! I have used him for over 10 years now. We refer him to everyone and so should you. My husband was so impressed with him as well; he left his doctors to go to Dr. Dave as well!
Peoria, AZ |
I have worked along side Dr. Carfagno at numerous athletic events including the Ironman. I have personally witnessed his compassion and dedication to his profession, his peers, his patients and the community. As a critical care nurse working at an academic level one trauma center I have consulted with Dr. Carfagno and have great respect for his opinion and treatment options. Despite his busy schedule he has always been available.
in Grapevine, TX |
Dr. Carfagno was my Doctor for the better part of 10 years before I moved to Texas. It was nice having him for my regular Doctor as well as my Sports Medicine Doctor. Being a bodybuilder I have strains ,aches and injuries now and then an Doc always got right to the issue and gave me great care. He is always continuing educating himself and is always been involved with Olympic, Professional and well as Amateurs athletes like myself. You're in good hands with Doctor Carfagno.
in Scottsdale Arizona |
Dr Dave was an excellent physician Class act all the way with a modern approach to medicine He is a true gentleman
in Phoenix |
After visiting many Sports Medicine Doctors around the valley, Dr. Carfagno was the only Doctor who was able to come with a working recovery plan for my hip injury do to running. Dr. Carfagno came up with various treatment programs that aided in a quick recovery to my injury. He also was very informative and active with long term routine preventative injury exercise.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Five stars!!!!!! Dr. Carfagno is amazing! He embodies excellence in the medical field. He took the time to listen to my concerns, provided a comprehensive plan to assist me in meeting my health goals, and provided consistent encouragement and follow up. The environment in his office is very welcoming. He uses state of the art equipment and tools. He is the best in his field. His office staff is warm and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Carfagno.
in Scottsdale, Arizona |
Dr Cardagno has always taken the time for me to keep me active as a competitive athlete
in Phoenix , Arizona |
The most comfortable Dr I've ever had and his ease of communication is great . Felt comfortable from the first visit many years ago . Listens and cares , a quality that's sometimes not found w/ all doctors .
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Very well. I enjoyed the quality of care provided by Dr. Carfagno. He was comprehensive and thorough and helped me understand my conditions.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Carfagno is an overrated medical surgeon. The first time I went to him I had pain in my leg only when I ran. He immediately ordered me to get an MRI, 8 different xrays, and an Ultra sound for blood clots in my legs. Which cost me over $1,000 dollars. After going back to him he misdiagnosed me with compartment syndrome (he misdiagnosed my mother with the same thing even though is is present in less than 1% of runners) He ordered me to go to another specialist and get more test done. At this
Have you seen Dr. Carfagno?
Are you Dr. Carfagno? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Carfagno

• Weight Gain
  • Weight Loss

• Botox® Injection
  • Joint Injection
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine

Graduated in 1994

Completed in 1995

Completed in 1997

Completed in 1998

Arizona State University

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Carfagno has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Carfagno does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Carfagno and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Carfagno's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Sports Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine and Sports Medicine
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Carfagno

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Carfagno's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Carfagno

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Carfagno's Care Philosophy

Comprehensive Medical Care for the Athlete. From the elite physiology of an Olympic Caliber athlete to the severe hospitalized medically ill, Dr Carfagno manages the spectrum of your health. Unique setting of Internal Medicine and Sports Medicine, along with a Metabolic Lab, SSMI Redefines Primary Care.