Dr. David Camarata, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Arizona Bone & Joint Specialists 20401 N 73rd St Ste 175 Scottsdale, AZ 85255 Get Directions
Dr. David Camarata, MD
Dr. Camarata is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons and has been practicing orthopedics since 1995. Dr. Camarata specializes in arthritic joint replacement and revision joint replacement surgery. After receiving his undergraduate degree cum laude from Georgetown University in Theology, Dr. Camarata completed medical school and graduated with honors from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Dr. Camarata then completed his orthopedic surgical residency at the State University of New York - Syracuse under the direction of the renowned Dr. David G. Murray. Dr. Camarata had the honor of being selected as the Arthroplasty Fellow at the New Mexico Center for Joint Replacement under the direction of Dr. Richard E. White Jr., a renowned surgeon who is considered to be one of the leading joint replacement surgeons in the country. During his fellowship, Dr. Camarata completed a number of research projects and has presented these projects at many meetings including the annual meeting of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons. Dr. Camarata's surgical interests include arthritic joint replacement and revision joint replacement surgery and computer assisted surgery. Dr. Camarata is a nationally and internationally recognized lecturer for Zimmer and Synvasive companies on the topics of technological advancements in knee replacement surgery. His practice consists of hip and knee replacement surgery and revision replacements. He has been recognized 6 times as Phoenix Magazine "Top Doc" in Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Camarata also serves on the Board of Directors at OASIS Hospital.

Dr. Camarata's Care Philosophy

To help people achieve health for life.

Dr. Camarata's Experience

See how Dr. Camarata's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Camarata

Dr. Camarata accepts 21 insurance carriers

Dr. Camarata is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Camarata has admitting privileges.

Dr. Camarata's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Camarata to family and friends
Dr. Camarata's Performance
in Phoenix, AZ |
8 I am so very impressed with Dr David Camarata and his team. I had my left knee done a few years ago, by another Dr. and there is no comparison. I have never been so well informed about what to expect before and after surgery. And I get an email every day, checking on my condition. He is the is the best.
in Glendale AZ |
Dr camarata has replaced both of my hips and now my right knee he is the best surgion i have ever had the pleasure of meeting
Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Camarata is a wonderful and very competent surgeon. The office staff is not very nice or helpful. Calling and being able talk a person is a huge ordeal, sometimes impossible. The PT division never answers phone and takes days to return your calls. Its awful that such a great doctor has such a mess of an office.
highly recomend
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I am a retired nurse administrator and have asked Dr. C. and his staff to replace both my hips joints in the past 6 months. Everyone involved in the procedures has been very dedicated to my success and ability too return to maximum function as quickly as possible. From the first visit to the office, to the regular post procedure check up phone calls, and emails there are many opportunities to get questions answered and guidance in decision making.
Prescott, AZ |
Dr. Camarata was first my husband's hip replacement doctor. Based on the care and efficiency of Dr. Camarata & his team, I chose to consult with & ultimately choose Dr. Camarata for my total knee replacement. Dr. Camarata spends quality time with his patients as does his entire team when meeting with their patients. I highly recommend Dr. Camarata to anyone needing a hip or knee replacement. It is more than worth the one-way commute of 90 miles to have Dr. Camarata be our joint relacement Dr
in Queen Creek, AZ |
He did a wonderful job replacing my old knee implant that was installed by another surgeon. I wish I would have known about him my first go round. I am already recommending Dr Camarata to other people!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
The entire experience so far has been very professional, compassionate, and patient focussed.
in Scottsdale, Arizona |
I had my right knee replaced 10 years ago. It was a horrible experience exacerbated by a terrible time in the hospital. Having these experiences in the past made me horrified about having my left knee replaced. I was delightfully surprised at the difference I've experience I've received. The hospital stay was smooth and the communication that I've received has been a stark difference from my last knee replacement. Camarata's team has been amazing.
in Fountain Hills, AZ |
My surgery with Dr. Camarata and his team has been a very positive experience. Not only has he proved to be a highly skilled and competent surgeon, but his staff offers support in a highly professional and timely manner. I recommend this team without reservation.
Scottsdale, AZ |
Every step was well prepared and all went smoothly. Very attentive and responsive before and after the procedure
in Scottsdale, AZ |
It was obvious to me, through research prior to choosing a total joint surgeon, that Dr Camarata is at the top of his field. He does many, many successful total knee replacements. He is kind, compassionate, and surrounds himself with excellent "team members". He offers his patients access to him and the team via Healthloop, which has been most helpful to me. Three weeks out from surgery, I am progressing through recovery with ample support from Dr Camarata and his team.
in Phoenix, AZ |
My experience has been positive on a personal and professional level. He has been open in discussing pros and cons of the surgery under consideration. I definitely recommend him to others considering orthopedic procedures.
in Peoria |
Second knee by Dr. Camarata and it went very well.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I've had both hips replaced. (2) Total hip replacement (THR) surgeries within a 1.5 year period from Dr. C. He's organized, methodical, uses the best components (Zimmer in my case) during his surgeries conducted at the BEST orthopedic hospital "Oasis". Both of my THR took 45 to 55 minutes to complete. Dr. C knows his trade extremely well. I'm pain free, regaining my health and activities I haven't been able to in 3 years. Love technology and Dr. Camarata's team! Thanks for my new healthy hips!!
Phoenix, AZ |
I will recommend him to others for sure.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr Camarata was very good at communicating what my knee replacement would take on my part and what his team would be doing. He explained the procedure and what would take place after the surgery. The communication through HealthLoop lets you know that the team is available if you have questions during your recovery. AT two weeks after the surgery I am very pleased how the surgery went and my recovery to this point.
in Fountain Hills, AZ |
My experience with Dr. Camarata and his staff has been nothing short of absolutely amazing! He replaced my left knee on 10/31/2016 and my right knee on 01/30/2017. It is now 3 weeks post-op on my right knee and my progress could not be better. I am proud to tell people that Dr. Camarata did my surgeries as their usual response is: "I've heard he is the best at what he does!" Need I say more!!
Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr. Camarata has been very professional from the outset, explaining my options and the necessary procedure. The surgery went well, the recovery at OASIS Hospital was great with complete attention from the staff. Daily interaction with Dr. Camarata's staff via HealthLoop has been very valuable. Looking forward to walking unassisted ASAP!
in Peoria, AZ |
Great surgeon
in Gilbert, AZ |
This was not my first surgery with Dr Camarata as he did both knees 12 years ago. One has worn out and it was replaced with a much more supported total joint. Less pain with greater support and flexibility. I truely appreciate the skill , professionalism and patience he has always shown to me for which I am totally thankful for. I might that his office staff act in the same professional and skillful way with a special THANK YOU to his assistant Chris. Thank you to all of you
in Phoenix, AZ |
He did my other hip replacement 5 years ago and both experiences were and have been amazing. This team is terrific. You don't see Camarata much but with the team he has you barely notice. Thanks for my wonderful results.
in Apache Junction, AZ |
I'm 2 weeks into recovery and doing well. my visiting physical therapist and nurse are both doing a good job.
Paradise Valley, AZ |
Dr. Camarata has helped me return to a healthy lifestyle. He's a great surgeon.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Camarata showed skill and concern for me throughout the knee arthroscopy. He answered all my questions without hurry. He also employs a staff of highly qualified individuals to assist and support in all levels of patient care. He has many avenues for patient communication.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
The decision to have knee replacement surgery is stressful. After consulting with a few doctors, through friends recommendations, I chose Dr. Camarata. I am two plus weeks with my new knee and happy with my decision. All parts of the process: surgery, Oasis Hospital, Team Alert, daily feed back via Health loop with Dr. Camarata's staff have been incredibly professional, helpful and caring. I would definitely recommend Dr. Camarata.
in Scottsdale, AZ |
I am having an excellent experience with Dr. Camarata and all who work with him. He was very clear on what I should expect during the procedure and the level of pain to expect after. I received a procedure called iovera a week before my surgery for pain (targeted cold to peripheral nerves around my knee) This could be why I have not had as much pain as I expected to. I am only needing to take my pain meds at night. Days are good and I'm only 2 weeks out.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Camarata also replaced knees for two of my friends. He is the greatest! He has everything down to a science. You are in and out of surgery before you know it. Love my Dr. Camarata! Cannot say enough good things about him.
in Cave Creek, AZ |
From the start this has been an great experience... I love the daily check-in, I felt like I had 24 hour access to my care team...
in Surprise, AZ |
First and foremost he did not hesitate in agreeing to perform bilateral TKR I was extremely happy that he agreed that I needed to do both at the same time due to the severe degeneration on both knees
in Phoenix, AZ |
I found him to be personable and passionate about what he does. I came back to him to have my second knee done, confident it would go just as well as last time (3yrs ago), it was better!
in Scottsdale, AZ |
Dr Camarata is excellent at what he does in surgery and cares considerably about his patients. He has extensive experience with bones and joints and will give you his honest opinion as to your condition and if he can help you or not. He is also very personable and kind. : )
Have you seen Dr. David Camarata, MD?
Are you Dr. Camarata?

Compare Dr. Camarata

Dr. Camarata says...

Dr. Camarata also serves on the Board of Directors at OASIS Hospital.

Dr. Camarata's Care Philosophy

To help people achieve health for life.

Dr. Camarata says...

Dr. Camarata specializes in treating advanced hip and knee conditions.

Dr. Camarata says...

Specialist in advanced hip and knee replacements as well as revision replacements.

Dr. Camarata's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Camarata has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Camarata's Board Certifications

• Ankle Sprains and Strains
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

New Mexico Joint Replacement Institute

Completed in 2000

Georgetown University

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Camarata does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Camarata and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics