Dr. David Calkins, MD

Dr. David Calkins, MD

Anesthesiology  ·
Dr. David Calkins, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Santa Rosa, NM and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University Of New Mexico / Main Campus in 1990 and specializes in anesthesiology and pain medicine.Read his story

117 Camino De Vida Ste 300

• HealthSmart
  • Lovelace Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Calkins

Dr. Calkins' Experience

Dr. Calkins' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology

Dr. Calkins' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Calkins "My ambition is to relieve as much pain in our patients, as possible. Hopefully, we can return as much of their life and activities, as possible. Giving our patients increased enjoyment and return of their jobs, family life and recreation. I have had many occasions in the Army and in the Navy, to experience pain. The constant load of pain on someone steals their ability to enjoy and sometimes to even participate in life. The same mentors that relieved my pain, taught me the skills and techniques to apply the latest technology to my patient's pain. I is a joy, an honor and a privilege to assist others, the way I have been assisted. I hope to see you soon. The sooner we see you, the sooner you can be with your friends and family and get back to work, play and other activities."

This content was provided by Dr. Calkins "I am lucky to be trained and skilled at relieving severe pain. Many of us have our lives stolen from us by pain and it's not fair or necessary. Most of what I do involves interventions. I try to identify the source of your pain and then reduce it for as long as possible. Some patients have been unhappy that I don't use large amounts of narcotics and marijuana. I am not a good choice for them. If you wish to have less pain and more life, I am a good choice. "Life is too short to live in Pain"."

• Anesthesiology
  • Pain Medicine

• Anesthesiology
    Accredited by: American Board of Anesthesiology*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• United States Military Academy At West Point
  • University Of California, San Francisco
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Interventional Medical Associates, Bellingham Washington
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Calkins has no media or publications listed.

• German
  • Russian

Dr. Calkins does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Calkins and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Calkins' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Calkins to family and friends
10 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Calkins' Performance

I saw Dr Calkins in Santa Rosa for what was supposed to be a simple RFA procedure. I developed a 14 mm abscess in my left side paraspinal muscles which Dr Calkins never acknowledged or tried to help me with. By the time I was treated by my local family doctor after listening to Dr Calkins’s nurse,...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Calkins?