Dr. David Buchalter, MD

Dr. David Buchalter, MD

Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 60 years old

94 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

I believe in treating every patient as if they are part of my family. Given my 25 years of experience, I understand that orthopedics can be quite complex. I try to make even the most difficult and complicated situation clear and simple. Seeing a doctor can be a frightening experience. I never want anyone leaving my office without understanding their diagnosis and option. Although I am constantly learning new procedures, I will NEVER use any implant that does not have proven long term results.Read more

Dr. Buchalter's Experience

See how Dr. Buchalter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Buchalter

Dr. Buchalter accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Buchalter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Buchalter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Buchalter to family and friends
Dr. Buchalter's Performance
Delray Beach, FL |
GOOD EXPERENCE. . TWO TOUGH DAYS THEN HEALED UP QUICKLY MAY DO THE RIGHT KNEE NEXT AS PT WAS NOT THAT HARD OR PAIN FULL. DOCTOR KNOWS HIS STUFF AND IS VERY GOOD IN THE FOLLOW UP AFTER THE OPERATION. GOOD CHOICE FOR KNEE REPLACEMENT.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I have had an on going battle with knee pain. I decided to search the for a Dr in Delray Bch after my research I found Dr. Buthalter's CV to be the choice. I consulted with him and it was dermined that I should have a knee replacement, I had the replacement on 1/17/17 after 3 wks of therapy I was walking on my own without a walker/cane. I was driving in 1 month wihout dfificulty of getting in/out of the car. I have no problem with stairs. I highly recommend Dr. Buchalter. Patricia Caputo
in Boca Raton, FL |
I was so lucky ,&- blessed when I found Dr Buchlater......He did an anteria hip replacement for me.....I can truly say what a wonderful surgent he is..& so kind & lissens to ur concerns..The whole staff were so friendly ...I can say this was a pain free hip replacement for me compared to one I had done on my other hip years ago by another Dr...So I truley thank you br Buchlater your the best...I would highly recommend you....!!!!! Barbara Fetters
in boca raton, fl |
He replaced my hip from the front and I was out of pain and walking without a cane in a week. First class organization, I recommend him to all my friends and family. Best Ortho in this area. No need to go back up north as he studied with the best from NewYork
Coral Springs, Florida |
I am a physician in the area but did not want to go to see a specialist at the hospital where I work. I have been doing research on specialist in the area. I elected to see Dr. Buchalter. His office was professional and he is clearly knowledgeable about all aspects of knee surgery. He replaced my knee and I was back at work within three weeks. I have no limp and the scar is barely visible. I made a great choice and so should you.
in delray beach, fl |
I had a total knee replacement done on Thursday January 19, 2017. On Wednesday of the following week I was mobile enough to walk on a walker to attend a meeting. My pain has been minimal and my recovery is coming along beautifully. If I had known it would have been this great I would have done it sooner. Great job and thanks so much for giving me my mobility back. John Gilmore (Delray Beach)
in Delray Beach, FL |
My neighbor recommended Dr.Buchalter. His mother had her knee replaced by him years ago. Everyone thought I was crazy to have it done here not in Boston. I went to meet Dr. B and liked his personality. I had to get a Primary Care doctor to be able to have surgery down here. He suggested who was so fast in our interview I would not recommend him.
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
He performed Hip Replacement Surgery on me and gave me my Life back!! My Hip was uniquely contorted so I wanted someone who was experienced and would know what my Hip required and thankfully he was that surgeon. From the onset Dr. Buchalter was confident that he could help me but I remained very skeptical since no other Physician or Procedure had worked until then. Not only did he do as promised but did everything in his power to assist me in getting the Surgery completed before years end.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Message body Came in with a fairly bad complex tear to the medial meniscus and some misc things common with people my age and a sports background. He was thorough and before we knew it getting prepped for surgery. Funny and pleasant during  pre-op. 1 wk follow up I finally found out what had been done and am amazed that could all be done through 3 small incisions. Stitches out and on my way back! Thanks Dr B.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
a caring professional who gave me the result i was looking for.a minimum amount of discomfort and walking without any aids after 3 weeks.i would recommend him without any reservations.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Buchalter has been our (my wife and mine) Orthopedic Surgeon for over 10 years. He is one of the finest, most qualified doctors that we have ever met. He is responsible for 3 Total Joint replacements for both of us. He is always available, does not rush his patients, and he listens when we speak to him. We can recommend him to anyone who needs Orthopedic surgery. Jole
in Boca Raton, FL |
Several years ago I had my hip replaced by Dr B and was walking without a walker in one week and driving in 3 weeks. Great success. This year my husband had his knee replaced and was up and around quickly and back to work and driving within 6 weeks. If you want a great surgeon and a quick recovery this is the doctor for you.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Buchalter was patient and in laymen terminology explained the condition of my knee and what needed to be done to correct the problem. He provided information on the procedure and answered my questions. He was very respectful and understanding of my fears.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Buchalter has a very pleasing manner, is very reassuring and is supportive. He took the time to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed.
in Boca Raton, FL |
He was covering for Dr. Meadows and he rushed us through everything. We felt pressured not to ask questions and in some cases he completely ignored us. I would not return to him.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
horrendous experience with this doctor and his office. Surgery was real failure. Go to someone else.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I can't say enough about Dr. Buchalter's staff in preparing me for my hip replacement. To a person they were kind, courteous and attentive.The Doctor himself is a true professional. He answered all of my questions and calmed my fears. Overall my hip replacement experience and the followup treatments left nothing to be desired.
in Delray Beach, FL |
being 83 years old, I was a little aprehensive about surgery. The surgery went very well and here I am 2 months later walking without a walker or cane.
in Delray Beach, FL |
He waited until it was absolutely necessary to perform the surgery. He was careful and considerate about the incision and the scar it would leave. He explained all the steps of the surgery and the aftercare, and addressed all my concerns. A staff member immediately scheduled the surgery and followed up with more information and answers as to what to expect and what my options would be following the surgery.
in Washington, DC & Delray Beach, FL |
I was very impressed with Dr. Buchalter and his associates from my initial visit to hospital and post-hospital follow-up. I had minimal discomfort with my knee replacement and was at 95% at 6 weeks post surgery.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
My surgery 5 years ago had such great results, I don't even remember which knee it was now.
in Delray Beach, FL |
My name is Rita Cirnigliaro, I have had several surgery's including replacement and revision of my knee. I lived with pain for several years, I have been to the top New York doctors. Dr B. found the problem and corrected it. For the first time, I AM PAIN FREE. I can't rave enough about him. Thank you Dr. Buchwalter . If you have any doubt put it to rest and see Dr. B. IT WILL be on of the best decisions you will ever make. Thank you
in Delray beach Florida |
It was great / took care of what the problem was !!!
in Delray Beach, FL |
Straight shooter. Everything he said came true. Outstanding care and surgical outcome. Excellent physical therapy group on premise. My recovery was quicker and better than I could have predicte.
Boca Raton, FL |
Stay away from this doctor...and I use that term loosely!! He is the worst!! Not only is he a terrible Doctor, he is an awful excuse for a human being!!! He botched my total knee replacement and now one year after the surgery I am in terrible pain, am unable to resume the active lifestyle I had prior to the surgery and I have a bone protruding from beneath my knee that I never had before. He has tried to tell me that my knee is now perfect, but as far as I'm concerned it's a perfect disaster!!!
in Lake Worth, FL |
He did a very good & I was able to drive in two weeks & walk in two months without help. I thank him very much for his very good work.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
No nonsense. Excellent results.
Have you seen Dr. David Buchalter, MD?
Are you Dr. Buchalter?

Compare Dr. Buchalter

Dr. Buchalter's Care Philosophy

Dr. Buchalter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Buchalter has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Buchalter's Board Certifications

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Adult Reconstruction Fellowship

Completed in 1989

Trauma and Sports Medicine Fellowships

Completed in 1989

Dr. Buchalter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Buchalter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery