Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. David Buchalter, MD
Dr. David Buchalter, MD is an adult reconstructive orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Delray Beach, FL. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Dr. Buchalter is affiliated with Delray Medical Center and Boca Raton Regional Hospital.

4800 Linton Blvd Bldg 201

Delray Beach, FL 33445

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Buchalter

I believe in treating every patient as if they are part of my family. Given my 25 years of experience, I understand that orthopedics can be quite complex. I try to make even the most difficult and complicated situation clear and simple. Seeing a doctor can be a frightening experience. I never want anyone leaving my office without understanding their diagnosis and option. Although I am constantly learning new procedures, I will NEVER use any implant that does not have proven long term results.

Dr. Buchalter's Experience

Dr. Buchalter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Bone Cancer
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Adult Reconstruction Fellowship
    Other Education | Completed 1989
  • Trauma and Sports Medicine Fellowships
    Other Education | Completed 1989

Dr. Buchalter has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Buchalter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Buchalter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Buchalter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Buchalter to family and friends
Dr. Buchalter's Performance
in Lady Lake, FL |
My husband Lloyd Rice came to dr. Buchalter that have his left knee replaced. We looked him up on the web and he appeared to have the best ratings we came so we drove from Wellington to Delray Beach. It was exactly what his reviews were in two weeks after my husband had his left knee replaced he was walking without a cane it's amazing he's gone up and down stairs his leg is straight he had no pain doctor Buchalter did an amazing job I highly recommend him.
delray beach, fl |
Dr. Buchalter did revision surgery on my right hip replacement. He did an excellent job: I had very little pain, my recovery was very fast, and I now have more mobility than I ever had with the original replacement. I highly recommend this doctor.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Had my hip replaced Dr David N Buchalter did a fantastic job I would recommend him to all my friends who need a replacement of a hip knee or other parts that have worn out
in Delray Beach, FL |
I was very happy with my left leg knee replacement . it was a very quick time before I was just about back to normal. I would tell my friends to see Dr. Buchalter at South Palm 0rthopedics
in Palm Beach |
I had knee surgery 7 months ago,and I am living pain free and active daily,playing tennis,and golfing, five days a week.I haven't been able to do this in years.Thank you Dr. Buchalter. Stop and go no further..Dr Buchalter should be your first choice for hip and knee replacements.
in Delray Beach, fl |
I, my mom & husband met w/ Dr. Buchalter 1st time mid April. Diagnosed my mom whom could not walk, stand without pain. After testing, he operated on her 5/30. He was very confident in his craft and the outcome of her T.K.R. He is a no non-sense professional; yet personable, amiable & had a plan.My mom is now standing straight, walking tall, and PAIN FREE. Smiling again on her 3rd day post-op. Dr. B. promised all of the above and HE DELIVERED! Give a loved one a new lease on life; call Dr. Buch
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr Buchalter explained everything thoroughly and made me very comfortable. He changed my life by performing both total knee replacements
Boca Raton, FL |
I have been to many doctors over the years because of my bad knees and Dr. Buchalter is the best. I had my Left knee replaced in New York in 2010 because of sports arthritis. I first saw Dr. Buchalter in 2016. He did not rush me into surgery and gave me the Rooster shots which helped me for 6 months. In February I had my Right knee replaced. The recovery was much easier than my first surgery. after 3 months I could not see a scar and I have almost no pain!
in Boynon Beach, Fl. |
I came into the office after falling in the shower. My knee. was swollen on down to my ankle. An X-ray was completed easily in the office to determine if anything was broken. Then Dr. Buchalter said that I needed to get another X-ray at a nearby facility to determine if I had a bloodclot. Luckily I went and it was a bloodclot.. I was admitted right into the hospital. Dr.Buchhalter saved my life.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Buchalter impressed me as a caring and skilled surgeon. His demeanor made me feel very confident about the procedure (hip replacement) that I was going to receive. His staff was excellent and my visits were very comfortable. I would highly recommend Dr. Buchalter.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Buchalter uses state of the art technology and a minimially invasive procedure for total knee replacement. I had my right knee replaced on April 25, 2016 at Delray Medical Center. Dr. Buchalter addressed all my concerns prior to my surgery and visited me in the hospital while I was there. He is extremely dedicated and passionate about his work. I had an excellent experience with my surgery and my recovery has been progressing well.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I originally visited Dr. Buchalter in 2014. He performed a total knee replacement of my left knee. After surgery I had minimal pain, no swelling or bruising and a quick recovery! Recently encountered a lot of pain with the right knee and I knew I was headed for another replacement. I would not even consider going to a different surgeon. I had surgery on April 17, 2017 and at 15 days post-op walking unassisted!!! In my book, DR. Buchalter is the Best in his field!!! Highly recommend!!!
Delray Beach, FL |
Doctor Buchalter is a compassionate and experienced surgeon. Having replaced both of my knees over the last ten years ,I can only say I was extremely lucky to find him. Surgery is not his first option as his background is to thoroughly review all options and patient ability before a final diagnosis. I am so mobile to date that you would never know I had knee replacement surgery and the most painless recoveries.
in boca raton, fl |
I was very nervous obout having hip surgeryDr Buchalter replaced my hip from the new way Anterior approach. I left the hospital the next morning. I got rid of my cane in 10 days and never had any pain. His office was helpful and I couldnt ask for anything else.
Delray Beach, FL |
GOOD EXPERENCE. . TWO TOUGH DAYS THEN HEALED UP QUICKLY MAY DO THE RIGHT KNEE NEXT AS PT WAS NOT THAT HARD OR PAIN FULL. DOCTOR KNOWS HIS STUFF AND IS VERY GOOD IN THE FOLLOW UP AFTER THE OPERATION. GOOD CHOICE FOR KNEE REPLACEMENT.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I have had an on going battle with knee pain. I decided to search the for a Dr in Delray Bch after my research I found Dr. Buthalter's CV to be the choice. I consulted with him and it was dermined that I should have a knee replacement, I had the replacement on 1/17/17 after 3 wks of therapy I was walking on my own without a walker/cane. I was driving in 1 month wihout dfificulty of getting in/out of the car. I have no problem with stairs. I highly recommend Dr. Buchalter. Patricia Caputo
in Boca Raton, FL |
I was so lucky ,&- blessed when I found Dr Buchlater......He did an anteria hip replacement for me.....I can truly say what a wonderful surgent he is..& so kind & lissens to ur concerns..The whole staff were so friendly ...I can say this was a pain free hip replacement for me compared to one I had done on my other hip years ago by another Dr...So I truley thank you br Buchlater your the best...I would highly recommend you....!!!!! Barbara Fetters
in delray beach, fl |
I had a total knee replacement done on Thursday January 19, 2017. On Wednesday of the following week I was mobile enough to walk on a walker to attend a meeting. My pain has been minimal and my recovery is coming along beautifully. If I had known it would have been this great I would have done it sooner. Great job and thanks so much for giving me my mobility back. John Gilmore (Delray Beach)
in Delray Beach, FL |
My neighbor recommended Dr.Buchalter. His mother had her knee replaced by him years ago. Everyone thought I was crazy to have it done here not in Boston. I went to meet Dr. B and liked his personality. I had to get a Primary Care doctor to be able to have surgery down here. He suggested who was so fast in our interview I would not recommend him.
in Deerfield Beach, FL |
He performed Hip Replacement Surgery on me and gave me my Life back!! My Hip was uniquely contorted so I wanted someone who was experienced and would know what my Hip required and thankfully he was that surgeon. From the onset Dr. Buchalter was confident that he could help me but I remained very skeptical since no other Physician or Procedure had worked until then. Not only did he do as promised but did everything in his power to assist me in getting the Surgery completed before years end.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Message body Came in with a fairly bad complex tear to the medial meniscus and some misc things common with people my age and a sports background. He was thorough and before we knew it getting prepped for surgery. Funny and pleasant during  pre-op. 1 wk follow up I finally found out what had been done and am amazed that could all be done through 3 small incisions. Stitches out and on my way back! Thanks Dr B.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
a caring professional who gave me the result i was looking for.a minimum amount of discomfort and walking without any aids after 3 weeks.i would recommend him without any reservations.
in Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Buchalter has been our (my wife and mine) Orthopedic Surgeon for over 10 years. He is one of the finest, most qualified doctors that we have ever met. He is responsible for 3 Total Joint replacements for both of us. He is always available, does not rush his patients, and he listens when we speak to him. We can recommend him to anyone who needs Orthopedic surgery. Jole
in Boca Raton, FL |
Several years ago I had my hip replaced by Dr B and was walking without a walker in one week and driving in 3 weeks. Great success. This year my husband had his knee replaced and was up and around quickly and back to work and driving within 6 weeks. If you want a great surgeon and a quick recovery this is the doctor for you.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Buchalter was patient and in laymen terminology explained the condition of my knee and what needed to be done to correct the problem. He provided information on the procedure and answered my questions. He was very respectful and understanding of my fears.
in Delray Beach, FL |
Dr. Buchalter has a very pleasing manner, is very reassuring and is supportive. He took the time to answer all my questions. I never felt rushed.
in Boca Raton, FL |
He was covering for Dr. Meadows and he rushed us through everything. We felt pressured not to ask questions and in some cases he completely ignored us. I would not return to him.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
horrendous experience with this doctor and his office. Surgery was real failure. Go to someone else.
in Delray Beach, FL |
I can't say enough about Dr. Buchalter's staff in preparing me for my hip replacement. To a person they were kind, courteous and attentive.The Doctor himself is a true professional. He answered all of my questions and calmed my fears. Overall my hip replacement experience and the followup treatments left nothing to be desired.
in Delray Beach, FL |
being 83 years old, I was a little aprehensive about surgery. The surgery went very well and here I am 2 months later walking without a walker or cane.
in Delray Beach, FL |
He waited until it was absolutely necessary to perform the surgery. He was careful and considerate about the incision and the scar it would leave. He explained all the steps of the surgery and the aftercare, and addressed all my concerns. A staff member immediately scheduled the surgery and followed up with more information and answers as to what to expect and what my options would be following the surgery.
in Washington, DC & Delray Beach, FL |
I was very impressed with Dr. Buchalter and his associates from my initial visit to hospital and post-hospital follow-up. I had minimal discomfort with my knee replacement and was at 95% at 6 weeks post surgery.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
My surgery 5 years ago had such great results, I don't even remember which knee it was now.
in Delray Beach, FL |
My name is Rita Cirnigliaro, I have had several surgery's including replacement and revision of my knee. I lived with pain for several years, I have been to the top New York doctors. Dr B. found the problem and corrected it. For the first time, I AM PAIN FREE. I can't rave enough about him. Thank you Dr. Buchwalter . If you have any doubt put it to rest and see Dr. B. IT WILL be on of the best decisions you will ever make. Thank you
in Delray beach Florida |
It was great / took care of what the problem was !!!
in Delray Beach, FL |
Straight shooter. Everything he said came true. Outstanding care and surgical outcome. Excellent physical therapy group on premise. My recovery was quicker and better than I could have predicte.
Boca Raton, FL |
Stay away from this doctor...and I use that term loosely!! He is the worst!! Not only is he a terrible Doctor, he is an awful excuse for a human being!!! He botched my total knee replacement and now one year after the surgery I am in terrible pain, am unable to resume the active lifestyle I had prior to the surgery and I have a bone protruding from beneath my knee that I never had before. He has tried to tell me that my knee is now perfect, but as far as I'm concerned it's a perfect disaster!!!
in Lake Worth, FL |
He did a very good & I was able to drive in two weeks & walk in two months without help. I thank him very much for his very good work.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
No nonsense. Excellent results.
Have you seen Dr. David Buchalter, MD?
Are you Dr. Buchalter?

See our Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at University Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Buchalter