Dr. David A. Brown, MD

Dr. David A. Brown, MD

Cardiac Surgery | Male | 57 years old

Dr. Brown specializes in Cardiac Surgery and practices in Mansfield, OH. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Brown? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Brown's Experience

See how Dr. Brown's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Brown has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Brown
Dr. Brown's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (19)
in Mansfield, OH |
From my initial consultation with Dr. Brown through my recovery process post surgery, I was totally satisfied with not only the communication but also with the professional yet personal contact I received. I was greeted every morning by Dr. Brown and his staff who took their time to explain my status and plans for the day. Dr. Browns physicians assistants Jessica and Brian were truly professional and went above and beyond as far as my care. The entire nursing staff was phenomenal.
in Ashland, OH |
Dr. Brown did an excellent job in explaining why I needed bypass surgery. He explained the cause and answered questions we had as to the need for the surgery. His confidence and professionalism made the experience much easier to go through. His leadership qualities are reflected in his staff and all the members of the CVICU at Ohio Health. I received excellent care and have no doubt Dr. Brown and his team are the best, based on my experiences. I thank God, Dr. Brown and his staff.
in Ashland, OH |
Dr. Brown was very professional and he tells you like it is...like it or not. He takes a lot of pride in what he & his staff do. He explains your problem, how he will fix it, and what to expect afterwards to ensure you have the best possible recovery. He & his staff are wonderful...they truly care and make you feel like you're their only patient. He and his staff were always available when needed. I could not imagine having surgery anywhere else.
in Mansfield, Ohio |
I want to thank Dr. Brown and his staff for wonderful care during and after my heart valve repair. My wife and I were very impressed with how everyone in the ICU and his office worked in such a coordinated way to help me recover. We had planned on going to the Cleveland Clinic but chose Ohio Health instead. We are so glad we did. Thank you, Dr. Brown and staff.
in Mansfield, OH |
My mom came to Dr. Brown in the last stages of an extremely diseased and damaged heart due to negligence of other doctors and her own neglect. But Dr. Brown was upfront and gave her her options and let her choose surgery or to just let it go..either way, it was grim. She opted for surgery and she never recovered..but not because of the surgery, but because she was so ill in the beginning. Dr. Brown never gave up on her, he never took her hope away..he cared for her as if she were his own mother.
in Mansfield, OH |
Dr. Brown and his team did an outstanding job of taking care of me during my bypass as well as prepping me for what I was going thru. It was a very scary time that they really helped me and my family coop with.
in Bradford, PA |
Dr Brown is very professional and inspires confidence in the patient and family. He involves the family and patient in the care and explains procedures very clearly.
in Mansfield, OH |
Dr. Brown is an excellent heart surgeon. I had open heart surgery about one year ago and it has changed my life (for the better)! We are very fortunate to have him in Mansfield! Be sure to follow up with cardiac rehab and regular exercise.
in Mansfield, OH |
everything went very good.
in Perrysville,Ohio |
Dr Brown was an excellent professional kind and caring DR. He answers any questions that you have and explain them in detail. He done my mother and brothers heart surgeries and done an excellent job! Was very pleased with his knowledge and performance. That is why I chose him also. I highly recommend dr. brown to anyone and I am very thankful that my hair was in his hands! If I ever had to have heart surgery again or to anyone else I would highly recommend and have Dr Brown again.
in Shiloh, OH |
Dr. David Brown was highly recommended to me by many of my friends.
in Crestline, OH |
Dr Brown is awsome. I would recommend him and his staff. Thank you all very much....
Have you seen Dr. David A. Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Compare Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiac Surgery
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Surgery, General Surgery and Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Ohio not available

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brown's Board Certifications

• Atrial Flutter
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Atherosclerosis
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

University Of California San Francisco

Completed in 1992

University of California At Berkeley

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiac Surgery

• PFO Repair
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.